PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Honda Accord Tape Deck Removal?

cb7
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey peeps help me save $70 on installation hehehe
I got a nice honda prelude 5th Gen tape deck i wanna put that into my 4th gen 1991 model honda accord sedan. My stock deck is stuffed, i tried opening the centre console but i dont know where to go next, i dont see how i can get the deck out? Anyone know a "How to" on this, how to take the old deck out and put the new one in?

Thanks for anyone who can help.

Fhrx
11-07-2004, 01:22 PM
All I'll say is this; there is a good reason why places like us charge that afore mentioned $70...

The amount of cars I have seen seriously damaged from people trying to save themselves that $70....

DJIntegr8
12-07-2004, 12:19 AM
http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Honda/Accord.html

this might help a bit

cb7
12-07-2004, 01:43 PM
My old man always said if people can do it, then u can do it. Haha The previous model of Accord before my 4th Gen was simple as, just take box out from under the deck and u can reach in and take it out. Buttt nooo, i didnt know? I took it to a pro and he charged me 70 dollars. I saw that link as well so i thought it would be easy, i opened it up then i looked everywhere but i didnt see how i can free up more room so i can fit my hand in and unscrew those 2 bolts holding the radio.
Hopefully someone on this board who has a 4th gen accord have done this before?

Thanks for your help anyways peeps.

urtwhistle
08-08-2004, 10:27 PM
i got a 92 accord,

to take my head unit out all i have to do is take the center panel that goes around the auto tranny shifter
take the ash tray out unscrew the 2 screws that are between the fis that are behind the ash tray then the whole peice comes out

cb7
09-08-2004, 11:26 AM
I wish mine was that easy urtwhistle, after taking the center console around the transmission area and the ash tray out, i see a black wall that i cant take out, i need to somehow remove everything so i can put my hands in and reach for the screws holding the stock deck. I tried going thru the side where the passenger and driver side is, but the gaps too small to fit a hand/arm thru.