PDA

View Full Version : Comptech Icebox? Fit on Civic?

PHD
13-06-2007, 08:40 PM
hey guys. i am going to do something for my air box and i got some ideas in my head. there are Comptech Icebox, simota air box and something similiar like gruppe air box. cos i have limited budget around 300-500 (cos i need to spend on hotwire, suspension and etc....). guys, please give me some ideas on how to get well on sucking more cold air in EK1 except short ram kit.

PHD

Dash
13-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Im only a newbie but..

the best box is stock box with an hose extension from the front bumper..paired with a high flow panel filtter.. not illegal..and cops dont say anything about it..

same flow if not abit less flow...if done right...

and for sure it willl only be cold air, i wont even waste my money with a pod filter unless u block it off properly...

coz in most cases your sucking in hot air...with means u lose power....

Dash...

Dash
13-06-2007, 11:11 PM
I swap my pod filter with my friends CRX stock air box...spent about 10mins cutting up a bigger hole for the hose...

only bad thing is i dont get the loud pod noise....

but for sure im not losing power...

zco
14-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Im only a newbie but..

the best box is stock box with an hose extension from the front bumper..paired with a high flow panel filtter.. not illegal..and cops dont say anything about it..

tsk tsk..
the best intake is really what you want out of it. if u wat response, then get a j's racing carbon tsuchinoko design (the whale penis shape) if u want top end then get a CAI. You can buy kits like injen, aem fujita from jdmyard. if you do abit of research you might be able to find them cheaper elsewhere, but you'd probably have to wait a while.. jdmyard has stock.

whether you buy replica kits or original kits, is upto you. ppl have their opinions. i use neither of those intakes mentioned and happy with my dynodave/plazmaman intake

as for gettign defected, you're alreay running a short ram filter, so gonan get in trouble any way, might aswell just get a proper one while you're at it