PDA

View Full Version : full exhaust removal

ThEbLaCk
13-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Hi all,

Any experts here know if sawing is necessary when removing genuine full exhaust system, as I have found a used full exhaust system for my 88 crx.

Could you let me know if this is a very difficult task, or just undoing bolts at the joints that alll?

Should an extractor and muffler always be brandy to be good, or any is ok depending on material? This second hand extractor I have bought does not have a brand but has a part no. and some jap words engraved on it. what do u guys think?

Thanks alot guys.

Chao

aimre
14-06-2007, 01:17 AM
if its standard, then no

dupac->
14-06-2007, 09:27 AM
simply just undo all the bolts and take them off the hangers, should be no sawing involved. about 3 pieces

destrukshn
14-06-2007, 09:31 AM
should be easy as, BUT, being old and rusted, use single hex sockets, and wd40, before you have a go at it.

dupac->
14-06-2007, 09:35 AM
yeh what HE said. ^^^

:thumbsup:

ThEbLaCk
14-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Does that mean it would be more difficult taking out an used aftermarket full exhaust system from a car by comparing to taking out the genuine?

Also, by your knowledge or experience, do i get some money back from wrecker if they take a wrote off car away?

Thanks guys

dupac->
14-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Does that mean it would be more difficult taking out an used aftermarket full exhaust system from a car by comparing to taking out the genuine?

same shit.

wouldn't be much difference if there was.

aimre
14-06-2007, 01:32 PM
same shit.

wouldn't be much difference if there was.

Depends, i know someone whose exhast was custom made, but one peice

destrukshn
14-06-2007, 01:41 PM
well as aimre said, if it's a custom 1 piece exhaust.
if it is, i'm quite sure you will have take off the lower control arm at the rear to take it off.

they don't have to give you money. depends what the conditions were/are.
if you want money, ask for it.

zco
14-06-2007, 02:09 PM
simply just undo all the bolts and take them off the hangers, should be no sawing involved. about 3 pieces
wasnt very simple for your car aye du ? :cool:

Depends, i know someone whose exhast was custom made, but one peice
hmm.. any comments du ? LOL wheres pazzaman-R when you need his input LOL

destrukshn
14-06-2007, 02:10 PM

hmm.. any comments du ? LOL
lol
hahahaha
lol.

aimre
14-06-2007, 05:08 PM

i dont get it:confused::confused:

dupac->
14-06-2007, 06:37 PM

umm i dont have that exhaust no more you knob. but standard exhaust is just as easy to take off :p..i took off pazzmanR pussy ass exhaust/headers hahaha!

dupac->
14-06-2007, 06:38 PM
the exhaust that came with pazzmanr's car was one piece.. pain in the ass to take out. did what destruksn said drop the lower ctrl arm.

dupac->
14-06-2007, 06:45 PM
any comments ZICO? well ZICO? lol

simonnowis
15-06-2007, 09:55 AM
as long as the full exhaust system came off the same car, it should be a direct fit without any hassels. cuting and bending is only necessary when u are customising the exhaust to fit onto your car. and its already been customised to fit a crx. so it should be find. if u have trouble welding it on the hangers get it to an exhaust shop, it should be pretty cheap, then ur guaranteed.
last thing you want is exhaust dragging along the ground man.

destrukshn
19-06-2007, 03:00 PM
as long as the full exhaust system came off the same car, it should be a direct fit without any hassels. cuting and bending is only necessary when u are customising the exhaust to fit onto your car. and its already been customised to fit a crx. so it should be find. if u have trouble welding it on the hangers get it to an exhaust shop, it should be pretty cheap, then ur guaranteed.
last thing you want is exhaust dragging along the ground man.
sometimes it can be pain, if you gotta drop the lcas, sometimes.

Jazzle
19-06-2007, 06:41 PM
thanks for opinion guys. I have finally bought the exhaust system back to take the risk. it seems like the muffler is a bit dodge. Just wondering if I am getting a muffler wat brand would be good and why are they better? To my understanding, choosing a muffler just for better sound. correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks

Dylanamus
20-06-2007, 01:08 PM
How is one sound "better" than another? It's not music lol
Exhausts are a compromise between noise and pollution and performance. A good muffler for a street car is one that adheres to registration requirements with minimal affect on performance.
Don't just consider the muffler though. The number of bends and their respective angles, the diameter of the piping and the other legalising additions, such as cat and silencers all need to be considered.
Exhaust performance is one thing worth getting right as it's one of few relationships where performance and economy are actually friends.