PDA

View Full Version : DC2 ; where to pour transmission fluid.

martin
14-06-2007, 01:13 PM
just as title states, i tried finding it but i couldnt seem to figure out where it is .

destrukshn
14-06-2007, 01:17 PM
er.. there is a bolt above and offset a bit from the drain one.
that's it.

martin
14-06-2007, 01:18 PM
is it just a lil rubber piece u take off on the left hand side ?

destrukshn
14-06-2007, 01:49 PM
nops.
it's actual bolt.

if you look at the drain bolt.
look above a few cms, and a bit to the left.
you'll see another big bolt should have a washer there as well.
it's sideways, so you have to get a hose or a syphon.

LiL FiLo
15-06-2007, 01:21 AM
is this for gearbox?, easy way is to take out speedo cable and pur into there:p

aaronng
15-06-2007, 07:03 AM
is this for gearbox?, easy way is to take out speedo cable and pur into there:p

It's the dodgy way and if you were using a thicker MTF, you would get air pockets and not all the fluid would go in. Also, you need to take off the filler bolt so that you can up to the proper level. Using your way, you will either over or underfill the box.

JasonGilholme
15-06-2007, 07:36 AM
can't you take out the filler bolt and the VSS and then pour in through the VSS hole until it comes out the filler bolt hole??

Do you still get air bubbles this way??

bennjamin
15-06-2007, 08:11 AM
can't you take out the filler bolt and the VSS and then pour in through the VSS hole until it comes out the filler bolt hole??

Do you still get air bubbles this way??

YES you can do it this way. No air bubbles.

As long as you remove the actual filler hole - to let air displace inside , this is the cleaner , easier method. Refer to my DIY -
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58596
Basically instead of using a sludge pump or pipe to the filler hole , (on level ground)you pour into the VSS and simply wait until fluid leaks out slowly from the fill hole - this is exactly the level you need.Then reinstall 17mm bolt for the fill hole and VSS and you are done

JasonGilholme
15-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Cool thats what i thought. :thumbsup:

aaronng
15-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Yup, no matter which method he uses, he still needs to take off that filler bolt. :)

PHAT1
19-06-2007, 11:41 PM
you drain it if a 3/8mm rat bolt on the bottom of the gearbox the you level the car and then you tight up that bolt then you undo the 17mm bolt just above the other bolt and then you fill it until it over flows then you tighten up that bolt.but if it too hard then i would advise you to leave it to the pros

zco
20-06-2007, 01:03 AM
automatic gearbox use diff method right ? remove the dipstick and put in there ? i;'ve seen it done at hanny's and they use a pump andsteick a tube down there..

aaronng
20-06-2007, 02:29 AM
automatic gearbox use diff method right ? remove the dipstick and put in there ? i;'ve seen it done at hanny's and they use a pump andsteick a tube down there..

You can either pump it out or remove the drain bolt. But yes, you fill it up through the dip stick hole using a tube and funnel.