PDA

View Full Version : squeek squeek from brake pads

aStRooo
15-06-2007, 01:22 PM
my left brake pad is constantly grinding on my ek4. even when im not applying any braking pressure. produces a high pitch squeek while driving and goes away when i stop. what could this be? worn pads??
any insight would be great.

cheers!

COR73S
15-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Hmmm

I had a mate with this problem. A Possible worn pad. I wouldn't drive it too much because if it's always squeaking perhaps your disc is warped too.

Hard to tell without actually taking a look.

Any others ideas anyone?

green_machine
15-06-2007, 01:42 PM
take the wheel off and have a look mate....im thinking worn pads.metal to metal or ur shims r touching discs..a warped disc the driver would feel pulsation when applying brakes in the pedal

aimre
15-06-2007, 04:32 PM
^^^

Yep, change ur pads now

aStRooo
15-06-2007, 05:21 PM
yea, had a look at the brakes this morning. pad seems to be in contact with the rotor. bit hard to turn the rotor, usually it will spin freely. don't think its warped (yet) better not drive/brake hard.
thanks for all the help! gonna go get some new pads and see if it clears up.

mrwillz
17-06-2007, 07:59 PM
myn actualyl did the same
it started squeeling alot
then went away.
and wen i got round changing it, stil had a lot of meat left.

remmeber to run in the new pads as well otherwise u gona b stil squeeling

18-06-2007, 07:47 PM
new pads sound good, though if it was metal to metal, your better off getting new pads and discs.. or you could get your dics machined if you havent reached your discs minimum

vtec_king
19-06-2007, 12:25 AM
sounds like a sticky caliper.... take off your caliper n lubricate your caliper bolts. try that first ! might help, coz even if ur pads are low doesnt mean it will squeak...coz my pads are low doesnt make a sound ! so really to me it sounds like sliding bolts on your caliper is lacking grease....

channon
20-06-2007, 03:54 PM
maybe there is a rock between the bads and the disc? my 06 civic squeeled so badly one night that i didnt dare drive it called nrma and he thought it was worn breaks then took a closer look and saw a small stone...spinned the wheel a tossed up the car and spinned the wheel in reverse and it disappeared

Drew
20-06-2007, 06:44 PM
lubricate your caliper bolts

It's called a slider not bolt

Probably seized caliper; most likely the sliders as people never grease them when changing the pads; and after such extreme temperatures the grease turns to shit, leaks out and it seizes up on ya

Failing that re-seat the piston

vtec_king
21-06-2007, 07:02 PM
It's called a slider not bolt

Probably seized caliper; most likely the sliders as people never grease them when changing the pads; and after such extreme temperatures the grease turns to shit, leaks out and it seizes up on ya

Failing that re-seat the piston

LOL.... Yeah thats what i was meant to type but i just lost the word in my head. hahaha.....thanks for correcting me mate XD.