PDA

View Full Version : Engine Packages???

BLK220
10-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey guys, sorry if this sounds stupid...
is there a kit, or a place to get a whole engine in parts? After reading your replies from my first post, seems like going to a B series would be the way to go, however id much rather build the engine myself from start to finish, but dont know where to start.... moneywise a kit is much cheaper and alot less hassle if there was such a thing, but if not, where would i go to get all the required parts for a B series motor?

thanks everyone...

ECU-MAN
10-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I dont think any one sells a B series engine in bits, your best off getting an import engine and pulling at apart, this way you will have some Idea on how it might go back together. Honda engines arnt like sigma or your old holden 202 red engines where you could just put em back together with nonameparts, and regrind crank for example. there are fine clearences and you must stick to honda specs when rebuilding. try to use known good parts if not genuine parts in your rebuild. try to get help from some one who knows about Honda engines before putting it back together so the thing willl run longer than 10 min ( seen it before no joke )

good luck

TODA AU
15-07-2004, 07:13 AM
No problem....
Can do...

onabuzz
26-08-2004, 11:37 PM
is it a big job converting a non-vtec sohc to a vtec sohc??? how much estimate is it for the conversion??

cheers

mytoycivic
27-08-2004, 11:30 AM
meh VTEC SOHC go D-series mate