PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Lights

etakjie
16-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi, i have a Honda Odyssey 2000 model and one of my light bulbs blew the other day and i bought blue light bulbs for the Odyssey. When i tried to put the new bulbs in they wont fit. I bought H4's which im quite sure fits into most hondas including the Odyssey. Wattage and everything ive checked and is fine but the lights dont fit. They dont go into the hole. It seems like the holes are too small. Do i need to mod anything so that it does fit or did i buy wrong size bulb?
Thanks

aka_NSX
16-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi, i have a Honda Odyssey 2000 model and one of my light bulbs blew the other day and i bought blue light bulbs for the Odyssey. When i tried to put the new bulbs in they wont fit. I bought H4's which im quite sure fits into most hondas including the Odyssey. Wattage and everything ive checked and is fine but the lights dont fit. They dont go into the hole. It seems like the holes are too small. Do i need to mod anything so that it does fit or did i buy wrong size bulb?
Thanks

cant you check from your old bulb ? I'm very sure the RA6 is not using H4, only the RA5 is H4

etakjie
16-06-2007, 10:23 PM
thats what im not very sure about. the bulb inside the car now thats blown is alot flatter than a H4. Although the H4 seems to fit into the power socket and when i turn it on it works. so now im not so sure which bulb is the right one for my car. if someone could tell me which type of bulb the RA6 uses it would help me heaps.

aka_NSX
17-06-2007, 09:56 PM
I think RA6 is using H1, but I'm not 100% so can you take out your old one then compare it to the pic below

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5701&stc=1&d=1182081310

etakjie
17-06-2007, 09:59 PM
hi, yes thats exactly what the bulb part of the light looks like. The power isnt only 1 arm. The one i have now inside the Honda looks exactly the same but with 2 power arms not just 1.

destrukshn
17-06-2007, 10:03 PM
h7 it should be then.

a h4 is bigger with 3 terminals.
a h7 is like a smaller version of the h4, but with 2 parallel terminals

aka_NSX
17-06-2007, 10:05 PM
hi, yes thats exactly what the bulb part of the light looks like. The power isnt only 1 arm. The one i have now inside the Honda looks exactly the same but with 2 power arms not just 1.

so you need to get the H1, when you said the power arm is that the holder that hold the bulb, if so then you just buy this H1 bulb then you need to take out the old bulb from the holder then you can put the new one in.....

aka_NSX
17-06-2007, 10:06 PM
h7 it should be then.

a h4 is bigger with 3 terminals.
a h7 is like a smaller version of the h4, but with 2 parallel terminals

i reckon what he means is the holder, just like the DC5R the X clip

etakjie
17-06-2007, 10:15 PM
sorry but i dont think its either H1 or H7. H7 has the 2 parallel power terminals which i need but the bulb is to large to fit through the hole. i need 2 parallel terminals with the look of a H1 bulb. (the flat bulb not the cylindrical bulb)

destrukshn
17-06-2007, 10:21 PM
man post a pic.
lol.
aka_NSX sounds like his on the money now.
but post a pic anyways
makes things alot easier.
instead of guessing and what not.

etakjie
17-06-2007, 10:33 PM
i dont have the bulb on me at the moment but ill do it tomorrow. its too dark outside and its freezing!! ill do it once i finish work tomorrow.

aka_NSX
17-06-2007, 10:34 PM
yeah, just take out the old bulb then show us, make it a lot easier and quicker for you to get another bulb

etakjie
20-06-2007, 04:27 PM
i found out what bulb it is. its a H1. it had a adapter to it so it could fit into the power socket...you have to detach the H1 bulb from the adapter and then replace it!!! im so sorry for any problems. but thanks heaps. even though it took 2 weeks to find out that i had the wrong lights. sorry aka_nsx for saying it wasn't H1. but thanks heaps. now my problem is that i have no idea how to get the H1 bulb out of the adapter? Anyone help?

dmx
13-01-2008, 08:47 PM
anybody can confirm which bulb for RA6 (2003) low beams and fog lights?
thanks heaps

etakjie
05-02-2008, 09:49 PM
hey mate. RA6 uses H1 bulbs. I thought at first they were H4 but its only an adapter for the H1 bulb to fit.
RA6 is the model that has the V6 luxury version right. sorry I forgot which is RA6. if it is and it doesn't have projecters than yes im sure its uses H1 bulbs.

V6L_Odyssey
05-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Its H1 confirmed, got them on mine. Don't be tempted to use anything with a higher wattage, it will just blow. I went through 4 sets before I realized, Raybrigs last the longest.