PDA

View Full Version : RB1 Odyssey steering not straight?

misterhoang
16-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi everyone, my problem as my title says, my steering isnt straight. Initially I jumped the gutter at about 40km/hr on the front left wheel. The tyre was busted and my control arm was whacked out. I went to Pedders to take a look at it, the control arm was replaced (front left) and both front wheels were then taken away to be 'fixed' the guy said it was buckled.
Now the mechanic says my car is fixed but the car still swerves to the left when my hands are of the steering wheel, and for it to go straight i have to steer a little to the right? Ive been back and forth arguing with Pedders saying its not fixed yet, but they said its mechanically perfect but my car still isnt going straight? and now i have no idea what to do, suggestions anyone?

aaronng
16-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Do you have the alignment printout from pedders? So the car pulls to the left on its own after you set it to drive straight (with the steering pointing slightly to the right) and you lift your hands off the wheel?

misterhoang
16-06-2007, 07:13 PM
I asked for a printout but they didnt give me one which begs the question did they really do a wheel allignment? the guy kept assuring it was 100% straight, but my car begs to differ.
Yea thats right aarong, the car pulls the left after i allign it straight.

aaronng
16-06-2007, 07:44 PM
You'll need a printout. Go to a good tyre shop that you trust, (I like my local tyrepower) and get an alignment check (about $30 here for a 2 wheel alignment). Before the alignment, tell them you want a before and after printout so they know to writing it down or print it out.

misterhoang
16-06-2007, 08:30 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll go do it on monday, when there open

aaronng
16-06-2007, 08:58 PM
thanks for the advice, i'll go do it on monday, when there open

Also ask them for the alignment specs of your RB1 odyssey, so you know how far off your alignment was.

misterhoang
21-06-2007, 02:35 PM
thanks for the advice aarong now my Odyssey is back perfect where it started!

aaronng
21-06-2007, 04:28 PM
No problem. Glad to be of help. :)

Glitta
29-08-2007, 12:14 PM
For future reference Excelsior Steering in Bankstown has to be one of the best in Sydney I would never take any of my cars to some franchise where they get apprentices to do everything.. Excelsior is owned and ran by the one guy so his work is 100%..