PDA

View Full Version : dc2 light bulb problem

xtat1k
17-06-2007, 01:34 AM
i have a problem with my light bulb, the one straight infront of the drivers side, on the side where the airbox is . it keeps busting for some reason . could it be because i took out my resonator ?

any will would be good cos i cant keep up with replacing a light bulb every month or so . thanks

lilwilliam
17-06-2007, 01:36 AM
i have a problem with my light bulb, the one straight infront of the drivers side, on the side where the airbox is . it keeps busting for some reason . could it be because i took out my resonator ?

any will would be good cos i cant keep up with replacing a light bulb every month or so . thanks

could be that u loosend the ground wire or might of loosened it by accident. not sure where the ground wire for ur light is on the dc2. do you touch the glass part of the globe albert? that can cause it too.

Drew
17-06-2007, 01:40 AM
It's unlikely that touching the globe would cause it to blow unless you have greasy or really dirty hands at the time...

But check the wiring around the area make sure it's intact

lilwilliam
17-06-2007, 01:42 AM
It's unlikely that touching the globe would cause it to blow unless you have greasy or really dirty hands at the time...

But check the wiring around the area make sure it's intact

heard some honda dealer say that and the light globe packets actually tell u not to touch the actual lights itself so thats what i thought lol.

Drew
17-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Like I said unless your hands are dirty or greasy it's not likely to have such a negative affect

Obviously it's better not to touch it but all in all sfa difference if any

xtat1k
17-06-2007, 01:55 AM
well . it pops inside the light so its got nothing to do with me touching it so ill take that off the list .

Drew
17-06-2007, 01:58 AM
I'd say your wiring is iffy
Possibly check to see if the contacts on the socket are clean

xtat1k
17-06-2007, 01:59 AM
ill give that a try tomorrow and see how it goes .

PHAT1
19-06-2007, 11:06 PM
don't buy cheep bulbs use phillips

buzz
20-06-2007, 11:39 AM
yep definately check the wiring, also do you have lots of power equipment running in your car eg. audio... etc cause that might be causing loss of power which your headlights might not like...

anyways just my 2 sense :D

xtat1k
23-06-2007, 04:30 AM
i dont think its the bulbs, because one side keeps busting.

wiring seems to be fine. alot of people run audio systems i dont think its due to that . =)