PDA

View Full Version : B & M short Shifter in CIVIC?

PHD
17-06-2007, 07:44 PM
hi guys. i may put this in the wrong section. but i got a question

has anyone experienced the B&M short shifter? or you have tried any other short shihfter? is it good? i am loking for short shifter for my EK1.

if you can, please tell me your opinions and parts number for B&M short shifter or the short shifter you use and where to get it.

PHD

e240
17-06-2007, 08:58 PM
B&M is good...but my in case, it was rattling against the lower support bar.
I have since switched to mFactory
http://www.mfactoryhk.com

And have solved all problems. The mfactory shifter and knob has a good feel and weight.

He's a trader on this forum as well.

hi guys. i may put this in the wrong section. but i got a question

has anyone experienced the B&M short shifter? or you have tried any other short shihfter? is it good? i am loking for short shifter for my EK1.

if you can, please tell me your opinions and parts number for B&M short shifter or the short shifter you use and where to get it.

PHD

Menzy
17-06-2007, 09:04 PM
i have a B&M... took about 1hour to install. did it my self.
with Ek1 make sure you move the exhuast pipe and make sure you use new bushings. and your set.

very close now, much tigher as well.
also 1st few days take it easy till it wears its self in, we dont want you breaking things now do we :P

one more thing, it sits nicley with stock knob hehehe

PHD
17-06-2007, 09:09 PM
B&M is good...but my in case, it was rattling against the lower support bar.
I have since switched to mFactory
http://www.mfactoryhk.com

And have solved all problems. The mfactory shifter and knob has a good feel and weight.

He's a trader on this forum as well.

do they come with installtion guide? how to install and hard to DIY? if i ask soomeone do it, expensive?

PHD

e240
17-06-2007, 09:14 PM
do they come with installtion guide? how to install and hard to DIY? if i ask soomeone do it, expensive?

PHD

Its actually very simple to install. I do my own installation.

If you have the right tools, you can even DIY. You should be able to install it in under an hour.

Jord
17-06-2007, 09:23 PM
how do the ebay cheapos compare?

Hyper_Performance
17-06-2007, 09:54 PM
eBay cheapos are made from Aluminum and may snap. There have been quite a few horror stories covering this subject, and not just eBay cheapos, but brand name stuff like DC Sports as well.

My advice is to stay away from the cheap Aluminum jobs. B&M is stainless steel, so you should be ok there :)