PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Aluminium oil cap

SiR
10-07-2004, 06:04 PM
What sort of benefits can be expected from this oil cap or is it just to add to the bling factor? :P

2ds
10-07-2004, 06:54 PM
does it weigh less than the standard oil cap ?

-2ds

joneblaze
10-07-2004, 06:59 PM
I believe the pressure the cap withstands is something like 1.5 or 1.6bar compared to OEM 1.1? How that affects anything I have no idea. :)
Probably only has a miniscule effect if you're running an extremely hi-po engine. Anything close to stock would be pure bling methinks.

SiR
10-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I believe the pressure the cap withstands is something like 1.5 or 1.6bar compared to OEM 1.1? How that affects anything I have no idea. :)
Probably only has a miniscule effect if you're running an extremely hi-po engine. Anything close to stock would be pure bling methinks.

That would actually be the radiator cap you're talking about. The Mugen oil cap goes on where you actually pour in the engine oil.

joneblaze
11-07-2004, 01:11 AM

That would actually be the radiator cap you're talking about. The Mugen oil cap goes on where you actually pour in the engine oil.

LMFAO... forgive me for skimming the initial post... :oops:
:cry: It's not easy when you surf all the forums and read all the threads.... lol... sorry mate.

[[d a n n y]]
11-07-2004, 02:27 AM
BLING BLING YO

but it makes ur engine look like it's got sumthing

SiR
11-07-2004, 11:06 AM
LMFAO... forgive me for skimming the initial post... :oops:
:cry: It's not easy when you surf all the forums and read all the threads.... lol... sorry mate.

No worries mate :lol:

]";p="105860]
BLING BLING YO

but it makes ur engine look like it's got sumthing

Yeah, that's what I was thinking..

VTEChnique
15-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Bling ONLY.. in fact i'd be surprised if the 'mugen' oil cap even weighs less than the OEM version.. ? can anyone state either way ?

EuroAccord13
16-07-2004, 03:56 PM
If the OEM radiator cap holds 1.1 BAR.. then by upgrading to a say.. 1.3 Bar... what does this do for a car anyways?

CHEERS
Nick

PhatMirage
16-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Raising the pressure allows the coolant to run hotter without boiling. The hotter the coolant is, the more heat energy the radiator can dissipate.