PDA

View Full Version : Help! Granny exhaust..... :(

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 10:25 PM
hey all,

for those who've seen my teg u'll know the excruciating pain i suffer from the granny exhaust... with its little fag .5" tip and putt putt sound :P
Am gonna leave the exhaust a lil further down the mod track for now... so i'm after advice on where to find and how to fit a vtir-like tip (the lil silver sheath tip that goes over on the stock vtirs...). Does anyone have one lying round spare, or knows where i can get hold of one (should i try wreckers?) and knows how easy itd be to fit?

cheers

jon

wynode
13-10-2003, 10:44 PM
You mean the silver condom?

i'm sure you can pick that up from some reckers, or an exhaust shop (hang around their big bin and rummage through what you want) :)

joneblaze
13-10-2003, 10:48 PM
You mean the silver condom?

i'm sure you can pick that up from some reckers, or an exhaust shop (hang around their big bin and rummage through what you want) :)

hehe...yeah the condom. i thought id have to make the back end look at least decent enough to drive around with my head up for the few months while i get my rims and springs, etc sorted out. you got any recommendations on where to go? and how hard are they to fit on? DIY?

XXpl0Sive
14-10-2003, 12:31 AM
you can also find them on stock 97+ gsi's as well
i have a condom already lol

joneblaze
14-10-2003, 12:32 AM
you can also find them on stock 97+ gsi's as well
i have a condom already lol

:x hand it over.

mo
14-10-2003, 08:46 AM
hahah jon...even i have a silver condom on the civic... :lol:

just get those thingy tips and just shove it on...

fueltank
14-10-2003, 10:46 AM
try the wreckers mate!
get the dirtest one you can find and you'll prolly get it cheaper.
Take it home and polish it up :lol:

wynode
14-10-2003, 11:32 AM
Like I said, goto your local exhaust shop and look in their rubbish. I know Liverpool Exhaust have a big bin thingo outside the door where they dump old exhausts.

poweredbyhonda
14-10-2003, 01:59 PM
I got a Vti-r muffler sitting in my garage. Got that condom on it too! Wanna buy it?

Also got for sale full system including cat, 2'5 inch mild steel piping, 2.5 muffler with down pipe. $200. Can see and hear on car. Only done about 3000 ks.

fried
14-10-2003, 02:09 PM
A'PEXI N1!!!!~~~

lol

where abouts are u powered? jon would def be keen on that if its cheap... hes not exactly rolling in $$$ in fact, hes not rolling in much at all lol

joneblaze
14-10-2003, 03:33 PM
*sigh*.... :roll: yeah not rolling round in much at all...hehe...
where bouts are u powerbyhonda? im getting a full system later, so wouldnt be interested in yours. however ill take the silver tip condomy thing off u if u dont want it. just to look semi respectable. $5? PM me... i really dun wanna roll around garbage bins....

mo
14-10-2003, 05:25 PM
goto pick and payless!! heheh u might even find something usually for ur teg

poweredbyhonda
15-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Heheh sorry Joneblaze, the time isn't worth $5. You can get a chepo tip from Autobarn or even K-Mart. They slip on with no bolts.

joneblaze
15-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Heheh sorry Joneblaze, the time isn't worth $5. You can get a chepo tip from Autobarn or even K-Mart. They slip on with no bolts.
well how much do u want for it? ill come pick it up.

poweredbyhonda
18-10-2003, 09:37 PM
I don;t even want to sell the tip by itself. You can take the muffler for $30.
I'll slap in a free Type-R DC2 dip stick. They have a special titanium bell housing on them. It doesn't fit on mine cause of the manifold i got.

fried
19-10-2003, 08:54 PM
dipstick? whats that?

luzinit
19-10-2003, 10:12 PM
dipstick? whats that?
haha thats wot i was just wondering, sounds like an insult :P

joneblaze
20-10-2003, 01:06 AM
the fukn oil stick dipper......

umm.. $30? hehe... does anyone know how much itll cost or wat itll take to just bolt it onto my existing exhaust piping? i dun wanna change my muffler n shit, i jus wanna make the back end look ok..... :roll:

fried
20-10-2003, 06:09 PM

umm.. $30? hehe... does anyone know how much itll cost or wat itll take to just bolt it onto my existing exhaust piping? i dun wanna change my muffler n shit, i jus wanna make the back end look ok..... :roll:

... sorry almighty car-god....

no need to be rude.

joneblaze
20-10-2003, 08:31 PM

... sorry almighty car-god....

no need to be rude.

hehe... i wasnt being rude. biatch. :)

Calvo
01-11-2003, 11:30 AM
to get a muffler fitted onto stock pipin, i kno a place in hornsby that do it for $80 includin the connector pipe etc.
if u look around castle hill, its pretty much $150 at every store.