PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Window Auto Lift Funtion Problem

EL_DC5
18-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey Guys, I got a DC5S and I got an alarm installed + window lift kits(so my windows and moon roof closes automatically when i lock my car.

But Its stuffed my auto-up lift function,

when I press up all the way(auto lift) it goes up all the way and then 1/4 down.
I have already reset the window function many times.

Please Help

XP02ED
18-06-2007, 11:38 PM
what alarm?

what window lifter?

Zdster
19-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Why not take it back to the guys that installed the alarm?

EL_DC5
19-06-2007, 02:30 PM
It actually hits the top and returns down 1/4 its weird, he alarm guy said he doesnt know how to fix it but its all installed properly, he said it happends to some hondas.

I'll give you an example of whats happening,
I start my car I press my driver window button down all the way and then let go activating the auto function (down). thats all good. But when i want to close it with the auto function by pressing up all the way and letting go. It goes up normally but once it hits the top, it immediately goes down a 1/4, it doesnt force anything its just gay.

RCS 20L
19-06-2007, 02:50 PM
This is caused by putting window lifters. New hondas 02' upwards all have this saftey feature so you wont choke yourself to death if you have your head outside the window and accidentley hitting auto up.
Only two ways to fix the problem. Lose auto feature on windows or just take out the window lifter..... Remember when you remove the window lifters sometimes you have to reprogram the windows for auto up and down. Cheers yo and good luck...

EL_DC5
19-06-2007, 03:47 PM
This is caused by putting window lifters. New hondas 02' upwards all have this saftey feature so you wont choke yourself to death if you have your head outside the window and accidentley hitting auto up.
Only two ways to fix the problem. Lose auto feature on windows or just take out the window lifter..... Remember when you remove the window lifters sometimes you have to reprogram the windows for auto up and down. Cheers yo and good luck...

I dont mind loosing the auto lift function, how do i do it?

XP02ED
19-06-2007, 04:32 PM
its normally an addon to the alarm system, they just need to remove it. well thats for rhino alarm system

EL_DC5
19-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I think this is confusing, the wording.

I want to Keep the Window Lift Kit. so when i lock my car the windows shut automatically.

I want to get rid of the honda auto lift function. So i have to hold the button until it all up.

XP02ED
20-06-2007, 08:49 AM
ah, open the door panel and remove the extra wire on the button which triggers when you push the button till it clicks :D i think thats how its done. not sure though

EL_DC5
20-06-2007, 09:02 AM
I still cant think of a reason for the problem in the first place. If you just add 2 wires to the window. Unless maybe it works on resistance. I got the shits!!!!. My car is at Honda today getting my right front head Light unit and my left rear light unit replace because of internal condensation. All so my seat is getting fixed, it rocks backward and forward. Hey gave me a shitty US/TW Accord nothing like the Jap Euro

Bludger
20-06-2007, 07:15 PM
just don't press the auto-lift up

seventwozero
21-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Thats fckd EL, I thought abt getting the auto lift too but someone told me it has problems, like the one u having. Lucky i didnt! Hope u fix it

EL_DC5
21-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Im sure there is a way to fix it, But requires time, multimeter, solder and brains. I have all but the last one. LOL