PDA

View Full Version : Legend Bag It Or Kit It?

beayni85
19-06-2007, 09:33 PM
k question for all you guys, some of you guys have seen my car. Seeing as tax return time is coming ima have some cash. My car is getting old and proberly dont want to do both (10k on an old car is getting bit huge, unless im intending to keep this car for a lil longer) Do i bag it (round 4.5k) or do i get the aimgain kit from japan (5k landed not sprayed)
this is my car
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2502000-2502999/2502486_19_full.jpg
this is the aimgain kit
http://www.aimgain.net/products/aero/img/pic1_ka9.jpg
this is an acura rl in us on hydrolics with stock kit (same affect)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/293000-293999/293362_5_full.jpg

beayni85
19-06-2007, 09:37 PM
oh n when i kit it ill just compress the springs, not kitting it and leaving it that hi lol

2002 TeGgY
19-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Bag It!

destrukshn
19-06-2007, 10:55 PM
bag it.

qikteg
19-06-2007, 10:59 PM
definately bag it. kit becomes unecessary when you're riding cm's from the ground anyway.

beayni85
20-06-2007, 10:50 AM
k the owner of cali customz is goin overseas, who else does bags in the melbourne area?

incoming
20-06-2007, 11:12 AM
bag it

SiReal
20-06-2007, 01:50 PM
bag it.

pm "atjo" for airbags - he can get air runner suspension from japan.

however u ahve to ask him who can install it for you - one of his customers got a workshop to install it, maybe atjo (dan) might be able to refer you onto that work shop.

JMSBND
25-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I had Tein coilovers in my 1997 Legend. The same as Accord Euro bolt straight in. Dumped nice and handled good too.:thumbsup:I swapped the emblems for Acura ones front and rear. Trew the cops off thought it was a Lexus or something too:D The coilovers are cheap, and you can always raise it up again if you get dfected. Totally changed the car.

beayni85
25-06-2007, 01:27 AM
I had Tein coilovers in my 1997 Legend. The same as Accord Euro bolt straight in. Dumped nice and handled good too.:thumbsup:I swapped the emblems for Acura ones front and rear. Trew the cops off thought it was a Lexus or something too:D The coilovers are cheap, and you can always raise it up again if you get dfected. Totally changed the car.

you sure they just bolt on? everyone in us says they fit, but with a fair bit of work. do you have ne pictures of your old legend you can post up? and any work you had to do to get the tiens fitting? sounds like ur car was almost like mine cept for coilovers lol

IAMVTEC
25-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Bodykit, a car that low is just ridiculous. like a knuckle dragging ape.

destrukshn
25-06-2007, 11:13 AM
bag it.
iamvtec, that's the point, for it to be massive low, and then you can raise it, with the flick of a switch, when needed.

integrity
25-06-2007, 02:31 PM
kit it and dump it 1 inch

Zilli
25-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Bag It

Kits Suck Arse

EuroAccord13
25-06-2007, 04:46 PM
After running into you at HondWreck and seeing your car.... BAG IT!!! :D :D

xplod_accord
25-06-2007, 06:16 PM
why not both? :D

but yeah dumping it with the rims you already have would look a treat

yourfather
25-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Bodykit, a car that low is just ridiculous. like a knuckle dragging ape.

you are a fcuking idiot man.

with airbags he can have it miles off the ground too.

dumping a car is more than 1 inch, to whatever "Neanderthal" decided that dumping was lowering a car 1 inch.

I'd bag it, so you can get over speed humps.

vipaccord
25-06-2007, 07:44 PM
i would bag it too.i wish i had a spare 5k to bag my accord lol

25-06-2007, 08:58 PM
BAG it + bigger rims :p go up 21 ? 22 ? LOL

IAMVTEC
25-06-2007, 09:38 PM
My point wasnt that he couldnt adjust the height with the bags.

it was that, why would any evolved human, want his car to be that low in the first place. It look like something out of an ape farm. Although most owners of low cars would have an IQ to match their ride height.

IAMVTEC
25-06-2007, 09:42 PM
check the resemblence
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/293000-293999/293362_5_full.jpg
http://ultra.musenet.org:8020/media/Schadenfreude_files/zoom_39451.jfif

destrukshn
25-06-2007, 09:45 PM
maybe the concrete.
lol.

rawr
25-06-2007, 10:57 PM

it was that, why would any evolved human, want his car to be that low in the first place. It look like something out of an ape farm. Although most owners of low cars would have an IQ to match their ride height.

we want it that low cause its insanely stupid and its fkn hot.. and we wanna bag it so we can be that stupid while getting over speedhumps with ease!

i say bag it!

p.s. with bags he can go higher than your 4wd so his IQ must be higher than yours?

destrukshn
25-06-2007, 11:01 PM
that ape has the same IQ as him, if not higher.
lol

IAMVTEC
25-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Lets just say you wont be finding any lowriders in the car park at Cambridge. Ok ?

And yes I have been there.

You dont see these lower cars in corporate car parks, you dont see these cars lower cars in Harvard I presume. These cars you see only see and associate with mcdonalds car parks. Who find these attractive except for wannabe gangsters, and other low caste of society like rappers from the ghetto.

yourfather
26-06-2007, 12:20 AM

meh I wouldn't call your haircuts anything aesthetically pleasing to the masses either.

you look like a wannabe host from Japan.

Lowriders in the carpark at Cambridge hahahahhahahahaha

Thats because everyone that goes there wears tweed vests and goes hunting with dear old daddy.

JMSBND
26-06-2007, 12:23 PM
well hokay then.......yes the coilovers go in no sweat. I don't have pics of the old car but I think I have part numbers somewhere. If you want looks and super lo, go airbag. If you want handling and save 3k go coilover. I just did lip spoiler on boot. Color coded all plastics (dark green), limo tint, Mazda RX8 rims was nice. Acura badges are nice too.

IAMVTEC
26-06-2007, 12:45 PM
You people really are hopeless, if you say even gangsters themself is moving to more discrete cars, why you want more flashy car, why you want to stand out like an ape among men.

These long cars with knuckle dragging suspension and king kong rims are maybe acceptable for a man who want to make a power statement. For a normal guy who just use this car to boost his own ego is idiot indeed.

tseesinngwailo
26-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I would put the coilovers and nice rims, not chrome ones. I live with a lowered Integra (1 coke can off the road) and hit things all the time, you can still lower a car nicely without the need for airbags, and save money to spend on other things. I am thinking of getting a Legend in a year or so and want it to look mean, but being a daily driver dont want it dragging its ape-y knuckles haha But its your car so do what you want, the only thing I wonder with airbags is how it keeps the alignment constant. Cheers Chris

beayni85
26-06-2007, 01:29 PM
well hokay then.......yes the coilovers go in no sweat. I don't have pics of the old car but I think I have part numbers somewhere. If you want looks and super lo, go airbag. If you want handling and save 3k go coilover. I just did lip spoiler on boot. Color coded all plastics (dark green), limo tint, Mazda RX8 rims was nice. Acura badges are nice too.

sounds nice, did you install the coilovers yourself? all the people ive heard from in the us use the tsx suspension for there 3.5rl's but say they had to modify parts of it to get them to fit properly

EL_DC5
26-06-2007, 04:24 PM
get the 94 2 door version, kicks ass

yourfather
26-06-2007, 05:29 PM
You people really are hopeless, if you say even gangsters themself is moving to more discrete cars, why you want more flashy car, why you want to stand out like an ape among men.

These long cars with knuckle dragging suspension and king kong rims are maybe acceptable for a man who want to make a power statement. For a normal guy who just use this car to boost his own ego is idiot indeed.

Of course, you calling people idiots is a bit hypocritical. There is a variety of evidence to prove this point

1) ... rather... silly... questions...

OK I just had some beer batter fries... and Im afraid Ill get breath tested and suspended
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65294

2) your what is beauty thread, showing some Chinaman.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69052

3) Not keeping up to date with relevant news.

Every other manufacturer is using it now. Why is Honda so stubborn on this. Are they just going to keep putting out na 4 cylinder cars all our lives?
http://world.honda.com/investors/annualreport/2006/pdf/ar2006.pdf

An example of just one vehicle that is using turbo.

Look man its one thing to have an opinion, but its another to have a valid one

beayni85
26-06-2007, 06:01 PM
haha go yourfather :P seems my post has been hijacked to a diss IAMVTEC post, but i dont mind hahaha

LIV3
26-06-2007, 09:31 PM
lol.. looks like sumones living under a rock..? any ways.. bag it! =D

xplod_accord
27-06-2007, 01:18 AM
yourfather wins lol

I saw a black slammed legend today with some nice rims. looks sweet.

Can't go wrong with airbags.

beayni85
27-06-2007, 09:38 AM
yourfather wins lol

I saw a black slammed legend today with some nice rims. looks sweet.

Can't go wrong with airbags.

my year? you dont c many worked around, ive only seen one of the series 2's done up here and it was just 18's and slightly lowered. C a few of the older legends tho

EuroDude
27-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Bag it.

Or sell it and buy a new Accord or Euro, then pimp that :p

beayni85
27-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Bag it.

Or sell it and buy a new Accord or Euro, then pimp that :p

i bought the legend over the accord because noone really works them. And after crashing my s14a (which i spent about 40k on and only getting 6k from insurance company) i only had enough for a accord or legend. And i think unfortunaley euro's are becoming very common (as in you see soo many of them on the road now) even tho i think they are an amazing car, i like to be a lil different. just like why i bought a s14a instead of a s15

27-06-2007, 12:21 PM
pimp pimp :D get the kit first maybe ? then the bag :p then that way you look diffrence than the rest :)

dhdevil
28-06-2007, 10:45 PM
air bags will suit the KA9 nicely, do it.

honest muz
19-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Lets just say you wont be finding any lowriders in the car park at Cambridge. Ok ?

You dont see these lower cars in corporate car parks, you dont see these cars lower cars in Harvard I presume. These cars you see only see and associate with mcdonalds car parks. Who find these attractive except for wannabe gangsters, and other low caste of society like rappers from the ghetto.

Hey beayni85, I want you to know I've just bought a 99 Legend in pearl white and it is as straight as. You should also know that it now parks in the carpark of #2 Carrier in Sydney. You should bristle with self-actualisation when I tell you that I have been to Oxford (but not Cambridge) and you will chortle at the irony of my BEng (mech) and MBA.

Bag iamvtec.

DreadAngel
20-11-2007, 05:09 PM
ViP your Legend :D

honest muz
21-11-2007, 10:15 AM
ViP your Legend :D

Right!
I'll get to it at the weekend.
Where is a good place to start this?

DreadAngel
21-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Erm, you do know what ViP is right?

honest muz
21-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Erm, you do know what ViP is right? Ahhh, probably not, but let me know if its any of Very Important Person, VTEC in Prang, Victoria in Power, Virtual IP (address), or, according to Wiki....VIP Style or Bippu refers to the modification of Japanese luxury automobiles to make them more fashionable and even more luxurious. VIP Style are typically large, expensive, rear-wheel drive sedans, though automotive enthusiasts use other cars like minivans and Kei cars. Once associated with the yakuza, VIP Style modifications now are a subset of automotive modification.

If it is this one, I guess I'm scraping the front of the car already and I don't dig the crab-like look of split rear axles hangin' out of plumb.

All aother things being equal they do look cool.

DreadAngel
21-11-2007, 01:13 PM
ViP Style is what I'm talking about :p

http://thepassionatepursuit.com/images/weblog/07-06-21-VIP-lexus-gs-300.jpg

Thats what I'm talking about :p But you don't have to go weird with the wheels like that :)

http://media.motortopia.com/files/667/journals/44def9cc885b8/GS430_kit.jpg

Something like that is beautiful imho :D

beayni85
11-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey beayni85, I want you to know I've just bought a 99 Legend in pearl white and it is as straight as. You should also know that it now parks in the carpark of #2 Carrier in Sydney. You should bristle with self-actualisation when I tell you that I have been to Oxford (but not Cambridge) and you will chortle at the irony of my BEng (mech) and MBA.

Bag iamvtec.

sounds like perhaps you majored in literature aswell lol. how is the 99 treating you? I started off my bachelor in mechanical engineering with a double degree in physics, but decided to drop it and give commerce a try, which i then dropped because i got a position at computershare as project co-ordinator of payment and corporate services haha would like to go back and finish off my eng sometime soon, but im 21, got plenty of time.

p.s bought a house in richmond instead, seems like a better investment for the time being

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/2502000-2502999/2502486_21_full.jpg

beayni85
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
thats my car, not my house btw haha

beayni85
11-12-2007, 12:23 PM

oh and iamvtec, our CEO at computershare drives a 745 which he has dropped on its rear and has 20's so hmmmmm corporate car park ey? hmmmm he is also on a few mill a year. not to mention i noticed an ls430 on 20's with coilovers at the car park of my old mans work, you mite know the small corportation exxon mobil

honest muz
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Ah yeah, the old IT industry. I'm working for my third telco as a product manager for mobile and well past my second 21st. Similarly, got the first home at 21 and never looked back.:wave:

beayni85
12-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Ah yeah, the old IT industry. I'm working for my third telco as a product manager for mobile and well past my second 21st. Similarly, got the first home at 21 and never looked back.:wave:

nah im not in IT. Computershare, the worlds largest share registry. I do corporate take-overs and organise distributions and dividends on behalf of the clients. We do have an IT component, infact computershare is the company responsible for scrip's being electronic instead of the old hard-copy situation

yourfather
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
... havent seen you at my office yet beayni

beayni85
13-12-2007, 10:11 AM
... havent seen you at my office yet beayni

where is your office yourfather :P

yourfather
13-12-2007, 10:14 AM
well, lets just say, im looking at the payment services department right now.

if you look over towards big hole in the floor near the tea station - i'm on the other side.

watching....

Zilli
13-12-2007, 10:50 AM
so didjas find each other yet?

yourfather
13-12-2007, 10:54 AM
not yet.

beayni85
13-12-2007, 02:31 PM
hahaha discovered during a smoko, almost didnt recognise you too hahahha

yourfather
13-12-2007, 05:33 PM
ah-huh.

:)

95civic
13-12-2007, 05:39 PM
re-untied at last.. ahhh... love... a beautiful thing

IAMVTEC
13-12-2007, 10:22 PM
oh and iamvtec, our CEO at computershare drives a 745 which he has dropped on its rear and has 20's so hmmmmm corporate car park ey? hmmmm he is also on a few mill a year. not to mention i noticed an ls430 on 20's with coilovers at the car park of my old mans work, you mite know the small corportation exxon mobil

Wait, now you're using people in the IT industry as an example of tasteful modifications? What would some computer nerds that lucked out during the technology boom know about class or fashion. The IT industry is by far the worst dressed of any industry and I have severe doubts about if any of the IT millionaires could put on a tshirt the right way forward. Obviously, I wouldn't expect too much of their automobile fashion choices either.

yourfather
13-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Computershare isnt IT mate.

The name is misleading. Everyone thinks that we're involved in IT...

DreadAngel
14-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Wait, now you're using people in the IT industry as an example of tasteful modifications? What would some computer nerds that lucked out during the technology boom know about class or fashion. The IT industry is by far the worst dressed of any industry and I have severe doubts about if any of the IT millionaires could put on a tshirt the right way forward. Obviously, I wouldn't expect too much of their automobile fashion choices either.

Aiya... King Shit :p

beayni85
14-12-2007, 10:03 AM

haha you really are an idiot. Computershare is a share registry, infact it is the largest in the world, we look after 70% of Australias registry, 100% of Hong kongs, 60% of the US. Investor services which is where our money is made is resposible for corporate take-overs and processing dividends and distributions on behalf of listed and unlisted companies. IT component here is mainly needed for our processes. The reason the name is Computershare is as i described before, due to our responsibility for scrip's to be transferable online

beayni85
14-12-2007, 10:10 AM

and as for exxon mobil, you really are a stupid f*** it is one of the worlds largest corporations, and has litteraly nothing to do with IT. So if you are questioning the carpark of one of the worlds largest and profitable companies you really do need a reality check. Modification is an artform, and i am open to your critisism. But to your stupid comments about where VIP cars come from and the more US style of customization. May I ask where you work? Clearly you work for an insignicant corporation that are emotionless and dont seek pleasure in hobbies and prefer to be like everyone else rather than stand out and be an individual and have fun

yourfather
14-12-2007, 10:23 AM
did you get the $100 DJ gift voucher as a "thanks for record profits" bribe?

beayni85
14-12-2007, 10:49 AM
sure did, must be because im working for them now :p

yourfather
14-12-2007, 11:54 AM
i work mainly with macquarie bank, IAG and AMP requests :)