PDA

View Full Version : LED blinkers

EK4R
20-06-2007, 01:51 AM
as you most of you may know. once you install LED indicators into your car , your blinker will blink a little faster than normal due to the different in current etc.

anyways i was told you could install a transformer to fix this or something??

how i go about doing this? or should i even be bothered at all??

the funny thing is, when i use just the indicator, my lights are hell'a fast. but when i turn on hazard light. its back to slow speed again. :confused:

STTICH
20-06-2007, 02:58 AM
when ur indicator blinks fast, normally more than 1 out of the 4 blinkers isnt working properly. did u check? or are they all working? (dash indicator, headlight indicator, side indicator and rear indicator)

EG30
20-06-2007, 03:16 AM
obviously your OE flasher relay is a load senstive one, replacing it with a non-load sensitive electronic one is one way to fix it. You might well need to need to modify the wiring and secure the aftermarket relay if it doesn't plug in the same spot with the same pin arrangement.

An example of an narva flasher relay:

http://www.narva.com.au/Switches_20.html

EK4R
20-06-2007, 04:14 AM
when ur indicator blinks fast, normally more than 1 out of the 4 blinkers isnt working properly. did u check? or are they all working? (dash indicator, headlight indicator, side indicator and rear indicator)

na kev, its the LED. all lights are fine. when i replace the normal bulb back its back to normal again.

EG30

yeah i think your right its the flasher.

hmm im not too good with wiring. and its not my even my car so dont know too much about it.

is there any serious damage if i leave it as it is?

EG30
20-06-2007, 04:57 AM
won't cause any damage EK4R, just blinkers flashes too fast.

EK4R
20-06-2007, 05:10 AM
ahh kk cheers.

im just worried if i will blow any bulbs if i do this ..

lets hope :)

creativepunka
20-06-2007, 10:15 PM
some of the L.E.D one'es are set up in the bulb with resistors so it loads up the same. My led ones dont blink fast.