PDA

View Full Version : too foggy & water in the boot

pedomorphic
20-06-2007, 04:30 AM
during this rainy season i notice mine and my friend's ek1 would always get foggy, like seriously can't see foggy when i find it in the morning and the fog's in the inside.. and also i found that the compartment for the spare tire got flooded with water.. so I'm not sure how the water came in, probably by some hole under. so I'm thinking, there's a lot of moisture inside the car and it makes it a lot easier to fog up or make more fog.

And i'm curious if i can patch up that hole in the boot. that shouldn't be happening right? or am i not the only one having the same problem?

Toycivic
20-06-2007, 05:32 AM
hey that happens to my bros ek aswell. the drainage hole was plugged tho, but still dunno how the water got in, we wer thinking it was a worn seal, but yeh want to know y aswell

shinji112
20-06-2007, 07:20 AM
it could be your headlight gasket if ur a hatchback.. but if it gets foggy then turn the aircon onto cold air and direct it towards ur windscreen.. should clear it up in no time at all

xtercii
20-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I've got the same problem with my ek hatch as well, everytime it rains hard my spare tyre compartment becomes a little pond and I can't find where the water is leaking into.

Any ideas Honda gurus?

pedomorphic
21-06-2007, 02:19 AM
it could be your headlight gasket if ur a hatchback.. but if it gets foggy then turn the aircon onto cold air and direct it towards ur windscreen.. should clear it up in no time at all

i wish it was that simple.. but because the car's got water inside or i can say that there is a lot more moisture in the car, it get's really foggy very easily.. especially in the morning, you'll get that frosty stuff in your glass everywhere..

And yeah, i also want to know how or where the water gets into the spare tyre compartment... ehehehe i didn't even know there's a plug there.. where about is that plug located?