PDA

View Full Version : keep or throw???

serpo
20-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey guys I got some light weight rims on my car there only 15" so I get nice accel and handlin, but the tyre on them are shockin there a cheap brand tyre, should I keep them on till they wear away or should I go ahead and put some realy good Toyos on?

P.S where can I find the brand Monarch they dont sell them here in Aus

Mr_will
20-06-2007, 03:27 PM
umm...this is kind of a silly question.

if you have the money, get good tyres. if you dont, then dont.

get t1r's. best value street tyres ive used.

Bludger
20-06-2007, 06:26 PM
dunno if they make emm anymore

yoko es100 gets my thumbsup over t1r's

a fair bit more expensive though.

Muzz
21-06-2007, 01:19 AM
If youve got the cash and are impatient, then go ahead.
Personally id get my dollars worth out of the tyres youve got now even if they are shitters.

BTW, what should i have for breakfast tomorrow, im thinking maby nutri-grain, but i could always have some toast or even ice cream. I know ill never be an iron man no matter how much nutri-grain i down. What should i do.

lol, just messin:p

serpo
21-06-2007, 01:21 AM
ye fair nuff ill just keep the ones now and wait thx

DreadAngel
21-06-2007, 01:22 AM
If they're livable then okay but if they're dangerous like you can't brake properly, aquaplaning on a slightly wet road then don't wait and get better tires, its the only thing connecting your car to the road, not something to skimp (sp?) on.

serpo
21-06-2007, 01:23 AM
ye i crashed cos i Aquad and wrote the thing off now its all fixed so I want new tyres

Muzz
21-06-2007, 01:26 AM
If they're livable then okay but if they're dangerous like you can't brake properly, aquaplaning on a slightly wet road then don't wait and get better tires, its the only thing connecting your car to the road, not something to skimp (sp?) on.

Yeah, i found that out the scary way back in the day, luckily it wasnt the painful or expensive way lol.

My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip":thumbdwn:

serpo
21-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Yeah, i found that out the scary way back in the day, luckily it wasnt the painful or expensive way lol.

My silly 17 yo thoughts from 3 years ago "hmm my tyres are bald, ahh well race cars run slick tyres, itll give me more grip":thumbdwn:

HAHAHAAHAH o man thats clasic you know now taht the racin slicks are a soft compound and melt to the road lol

DreadAngel
21-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Bwahahaha, I thought all tires were around the same quality... Hmmm Antyres... *brakes hard in slightly wet condition* ITS NOT FARKING STOPPING!!! lol

serpo
21-06-2007, 01:31 AM
lol man you shoulda seen my mate he put my Mitsubishi Colt in a 2 Ft hole lol car was up 3FT in the air cos it was rainin and he thaught he was cool in the rain lol I wish I had photo he own Cordia and hope to god he doesnt do it with that lol

Muzz
21-06-2007, 11:08 AM
HAHAHAAHAH o man thats clasic you know now taht the racin slicks are a soft compound and melt to the road lol

Yeah ive learnt alot in the last 3 years:p