PDA

View Full Version : Not enough gas?

Jonald
20-06-2007, 08:51 PM
I've only just noticed it since its started getting really cold of a morning. I start my car, i always let it warm up for about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway when i start driving of a morning, it feels like its not getting enough gas, when i start to accelerate its like fuel's running lean. Like tonight, i finished work got in the car, started it. Let it warm up for a minute then started driving, 100m down the road there's a set of lights, car was idling really poor at the lights. After driving about 1km. Car was fine...

Is it because its so cold? It's taking even longer for the car to warm up?

bennjamin
20-06-2007, 08:56 PM
probably moisture etc inside the engine / fuel tank / air filter etc. Also can affect the battery on start up too. Wouldnt worry about it just warm up your car properly

Fr3aKi3
20-06-2007, 09:13 PM
I warm up the car by keeping it under 3000rpm, I don't bother letting the car idle to warm up... i'm always late for work so i cant just let it sit there and warm up.... lol

Look at the temp gauge, when the needle is in the usual spot then it's good enough to be fanged.

What do you mean by poor idle? Is it higher than usual or does it fluctuate a fair bit?

serpo
20-06-2007, 09:17 PM
ye agree carby cars are like that they loive to sit and warm up try not to push it while its warmin up could couse damage

cristian
20-06-2007, 09:50 PM
do u drive a carby ?!?

i got a dual carb and i get the same thing...i think thats what the 'choke' thing is for...air and fuel condenses on the walls of the manifold in cold weather like now...

Jord
20-06-2007, 09:58 PM
think this may have been covered before. mine was like this when i used to own an ED (dual carb) i got it tuned and flushed numerous times and it always ran well for a week or so then it does it again. honestly not worth the hassle just warm ur car up it will all b good :)