PDA

View Full Version : Seat Problems!!

its.not.ali
21-06-2007, 03:03 PM
hey guys

ive searched for this, and the search function is very broad and i havnt been able to find anything

i have two problems with my seats... (in DC2 integra)

my drivers seat is a bit loose and i dont like it :( the driver seat can move axially.. like up off the floor a bit.. seems like a hinge is loose (gonna look into it soon)... when the seat is clicked into spot.. i can wiggle it a bit with my bum

and my passenger seat only folds when the side lever is pulled (its meant to pull forward too)... u know when u pull the lever for the rear paassenger to get out.. it usually bends foward then SLIDES FOWARDS too.. myne doesnt slide anymore

any easy fixes??

Zdster
21-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Car? Model?

Your first question is also very generic and needs more explaining.

incoming
21-06-2007, 03:19 PM
driver seat loose = the railing has lost the ball bearings to help it slide

and passenger = get some grease in there

its.not.ali
21-06-2007, 04:09 PM
sorry, forgot the car details

94 integra vtir..

the driver seat can move axially.. like up off the floor a bit.. seems like a hinge is loose (gonna look into it soon)... when the seat is clicked into spot.. i can wiggle it a bit with my bum

as for the passenger seat. u know when u pull the lever for the rear paassenger to get out.. it usually bends foward then SLIDES FOWARDS too.. myne doesnt slide anymore :(

editted orignal post :) thanks

its.not.ali
23-06-2007, 11:35 AM
anyone??

[T][L]
23-06-2007, 01:09 PM
on the driver side
try to tighten up the bolt on the rails.. if that dont work take the seat off and check the weldings on the rails for broken welds

its.not.ali
23-06-2007, 02:26 PM
cool, sounds simple :)

any ideas bout the passengers side?

its.not.ali
23-06-2007, 03:31 PM
drivers sides lost a ball bearing.. how do i put one back in??

its.not.ali
23-06-2007, 04:10 PM
okay... just pulled both seats out.. and found the following!!

- drivers side seat is missing a ball bearing.. no idea how to fix that!!!

- passenger seat seems to be missing a 'joining rod' and 'rear seat access cable' when comparing to the service manual...

does anyone have a pic of the underside of a dc2 seat???

xtat1k
27-06-2007, 04:36 AM
my passenger side seat doesnt slide forward no more either and it also lost its bearing so it rocks back and forth.

its.not.ali
27-06-2007, 02:09 PM
when u loose a bearing.. do u have to replace the rail?? or can simply slap a new bearing in???

xtat1k
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
i wouldnt have a clue i just left it. im not the one sitting in that seat :thumbsup: