PDA

View Full Version : Your Mods To 2006-2011 FD Civics

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

xenfacta
30-10-2007, 07:47 AM
keep in mind adr/legal issues. most of these kits are not ADR complied and theres a chance you could cop defects

oniononline
30-10-2007, 08:06 AM
yeah, and I'm pretty sure if you involved in an accident at night, especially head on collision, your insurance company is very likely not to cover you, because you are using an illegal light which caused poor vision (even if its brighter) and lead to the accident.

andyhui01
30-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Apparently moisture can be fixed by either putting silicon on the edges. Also, i was told that there is a connector solely for the led and ccfl. So if any fails, you can simply unplug and use as projectors. They are the only projector type headlights i could find. Looking to install some HIDs and i dont want to blind the crap out of every car that drives past.

tbh... if you use the reflector housing and adjust them properly, the cut-off is very good, I don't seem to get flashes and have driven past cops both on side roads and opposite direction countless times and they don't seem bothered by it.

markCivicVti
30-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I might not get HIDs and I don't know much about the stock lights... halogen i assume... can't you get nice bright white/white'ish-blue replacement bulbs for them?

xqwzit
30-10-2007, 12:26 PM
^yeah just 5x less bright

denot
30-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Hehehe, back to the HID vs Halogen talk again are we? :p

anyway, can any1 that sed HID and or Angel Eyes are illegal post their source (ADR/RTA website) to prove this? I saw in another forum they said that Angel Eyes is illegal (eventhough factory fitted :eek:) but he cant prove it when I ask him...

andyhui01
30-10-2007, 01:27 PM
HID's are illegal if they do not have auto-levelers and washers, I'm not sure about aftermarket angel eyes but there is no way in hell something from the factory is illegal/not ADR approved (manufacturer would get in alot of trouble).

But denot, if you really wanted to keep your car 100% legal, I wouldn't suggest putting adjustable coilovers as well.

JaCe
30-10-2007, 02:05 PM
from other forum :
angel eyes with type-r body kit
(both are NOT recommended)
angel eyes = mazda3
type-r body kit for black FD = hard to notice

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage2.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage3.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage4.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage5.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage6.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage7.jpg

Yeh I saw the CTR replica kits available. Definitely look hot- and I like those small foglamps... but then I think the cost isn't worth it, and at this stage, the replicas are all cheap Thai/Indonesian ones which don't have perfect fit so I'll probably stay away from it. Definitely looks good though.

denot
30-10-2007, 02:08 PM
But denot, if you really wanted to keep your car 100% legal, I wouldn't suggest putting adjustable coilovers as well.

waks! andy, you can read ppl mind :eek:? atm I tried to save some money for coilovers (besides for my wed next year of course :p)!!! Then is it legal to swap the springs instead?

dmx
30-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Why dont you recommend eagle eyes? I was looking to get a set
i means, every ppl have a different taste, if u like just go ahead.
personally, like what i said, like mazda3 ;)
and i don't like mazda3 model :D

^pretty obvious with your avatar eh?

But yea... from reading, alot of people get moisture and this guy even got a small cockroach in the light... I wouldn't recommend esp if you bring a set in from overseas, hard to do warranty claims.
damn.. cockroach ? oh man, u make me scary mate.

yeah, and I'm pretty sure if you involved in an accident at night, especially head on collision, your insurance company is very likely not to cover you, because you are using an illegal light which caused poor vision (even if its brighter) and lead to the accident.
no, it's ok shimian, just bring it on... (poison...) :D:D

Yeh I saw the CTR replica kits available. Definitely look hot- and I like those small foglamps... but then I think the cost isn't worth it, and at this stage, the replicas are all cheap Thai/Indonesian ones which don't have perfect fit so I'll probably stay away from it. Definitely looks good though.

if ur car not black, would looks good.anyway, cost too high, coz have to change the whole bumper (F+R). i can import one, but total cost with paint+freight+custom clearence would over 2K, and FG material too:(

andyhui01
30-10-2007, 04:35 PM
waks! andy, you can read ppl mind :eek:? atm I tried to save some money for coilovers (besides for my wed next year of course :p)!!! Then is it legal to swap the springs instead?

na... I just read somewhere you're looking for Coilovers :P... I'm getting mine soon, (well not soon.. will be gone the entire summer, so after I get back :D).

I'm not too sure about Springs though...

and dmx, didn't mean to scare you (when I said cockroach, it isn't the size of your thumb cockroach, just a very small one, but still worrying)

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/takeshi_umuro/IMAGE_00015.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w303/takeshi_umuro/IMAGE_00014.jpg

I did think about bringing the type-R kit, they look good in Silver too, but tbh, I like the Modulo the most... but its too common in AUS, Mugen is still abit rare at this point and obviously type-R would be nice but I just spent 300+ getting foglights and I'm worried about the fitment.

Shimian
30-10-2007, 06:32 PM

These eagle eyes from my knowledge are like parker lights. I dont think ur gonna go blind if im driving towards you with them on. Anyways, i can always disable the LEDS/CCFL rings and just use them as standard projectors. Dont think ill get a defect if i just use them as normal projectors. I see so many of them around, mazda, taxis, bmw etc.

denot
31-10-2007, 08:40 AM
and dmx, didn't mean to scare you (when I said cockroach, it isn't the size of your thumb cockroach, just a very small one, but still worrying)

Mine got one INSIDE the car when I was driving on the F3 to Central coast!!! create a bit of panic there coz I was running on around 100kms/hr++ at that time. Have to pull over and kill that bloody piece of s***!!!! T-T

oniononline
31-10-2007, 08:41 AM
These eagle eyes from my knowledge are like parker lights. I dont think ur gonna go blind if im driving towards you with them on. Anyways, i can always disable the LEDS/CCFL rings and just use them as standard projectors. Dont think ill get a defect if i just use them as normal projectors. I see so many of them around, mazda, taxis, bmw etc.

no no, it's not about blinding people, it's about illegal. BMW, Mazda etc has engineering approval that those lights are ok for the car, even if you rip off a light from BMW and super glue to the Civic, it would still be illegal, because by law, you are not supposed to modify the lights at all unless with an engineer's approval.

It is true that if nothing happens, nobody would care, even cops don't care, but if something happened, like you hit someone, or invovled with an accident with a large repair bill, your insurance company would pull their hair out trying to avoid paying you a cent.

When you are in the court, it's all about the rules and regulation. It's like if you drink, even the accident is purely caused by bad luck, you would still be charged as drink and drive, I know someone that can drink heaps but no signs of drunken, but some people just drink a little, they would be all over the place, but in court, all they care is your blood level.

dmx
31-10-2007, 02:59 PM
Mine got one INSIDE the car when I was driving on the F3 to Central coast!!! create a bit of panic there coz I was running on around 100kms/hr++ at that time. Have to pull over and kill that bloody piece of s***!!!! T-T
:D same like me when driving van, full window open, and s***, moths attack !!! even only 60 k/h still worry hit other cars.

no no, it's not about blinding people, it's about illegal. BMW, Mazda etc has engineering approval that those lights are ok for the car, even if you rip off a light from BMW and super glue to the Civic, it would still be illegal, because by law, you are not supposed to modify the lights at all unless with an engineer's approval.

It is true that if nothing happens, nobody would care, even cops don't care, but if something happened, like you hit someone, or invovled with an accident with a large repair bill, your insurance company would pull their hair out trying to avoid paying you a cent.

When you are in the court, it's all about the rules and regulation. It's like if you drink, even the accident is purely caused by bad luck, you would still be charged as drink and drive, I know someone that can drink heaps but no signs of drunken, but some people just drink a little, they would be all over the place, but in court, all they care is your blood level.

how about if we just changed the bulb, like crystalvison bulb only.
or even HID (bulb + kit) and no change the whole housing ?

denot
31-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I dunno for Cristal vission, but in some of the bluish bulb by Philips, on the packages it says not for street use...

andyhui01
31-10-2007, 04:12 PM
^For the philips range, only the Blue Vision is legal.

And dmx, for your projector light housing to get approved, you're going to need a few more things (Unless you do some serious modifications, you are not going to get the HID approved), as for the headlight casing, you have to get it ADR approved, quite alot of paperwork. Honestly, if you really want projectors but still be safe from the cops, just get the projectors + Some philips Blue Vision (Safest Way to go).

Shimian
31-10-2007, 05:52 PM

And dmx, for your projector light housing to get approved, you're going to need a few more things (Unless you do some serious modifications, you are not going to get the HID approved), as for the headlight casing, you have to get it ADR approved, quite alot of paperwork. Honestly, if you really want projectors but still be safe from the cops, just get the projectors + Some philips Blue Vision (Safest Way to go).

There is only 1 projector headlights i know of and thats eagle eyes. Unless you know others that fit an FD? The only thing i can do is not to hook up the leds and ccfl rings and use them as standard.

aswanderers
01-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Hey here is my list of mod http://hondacivic-fd2.com/new-modification/where-is-my-white-honda-civic

Now my FD2 is still in workshop doing the final tuning with HKS V Pro! 3 more days before it will be done , cant wait...

Anyway you guys need any parts from Singapore can let me know, I can help to ship over.

Enjoy and leave your comments and feedback! :cool:

andyhui01
01-11-2007, 09:20 AM
There is only 1 projector headlights i know of and thats eagle eyes. Unless you know others that fit an FD? The only thing i can do is not to hook up the leds and ccfl rings and use them as standard.

Honestly, you won't get into much trouble with them even if you do keep the Angel eyes. But what dmx wants to know is how to get them 100% legal with all the paperwork, remember anything that is not ADR Approved is technically illegal and warrants a defect, but as long as your projectors are aimed properly and not blinding anyone, I doubt you'll get in trouble.

It is the same concept as it doesn't mean that if the Modulo kit from Honda is legal and ADR Approved, you can import one from Malaysia/Singapore yourself and also call it legal, your particular brand isn't ADR Approved.

dmx
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Honestly, you won't get into much trouble with them even if you do keep the Angel eyes. But what dmx wants to know is how to get them 100% legal with all the paperwork, remember anything that is not ADR Approved is technically illegal and warrants a defect, but as long as your projectors are aimed properly and not blinding anyone, I doubt you'll get in trouble.

It is the same concept as it doesn't mean that if the Modulo kit from Honda is legal and ADR Approved, you can import one from Malaysia/Singapore yourself and also call it legal, your particular brand isn't ADR Approved.
quite complicated ya bro:confused::confused:
anyway we're the rebel !!! ;)
law and rules made for us to break:D not to obey !

Jo_e
01-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey just a random thought and its probably from the stress from uni finals but is anyone up for a 06-07 civic meet coming up in the hols? Im quite interested to see some of your civics in the flesh and im pretty sure JaCe would be interested too.
Could organize a group buy of particular parts too since me and JaCe have a friend in Japan who could send us over parts in one big go.
Just a idea so far. See how many people are interested! =]

DropBear
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey just a random thought and its probably from the stress from uni finals but is anyone up for a 06-07 civic meet coming up in the hols? Im quite interested to see some of your civics in the flesh and im pretty sure JaCe would be interested too.
Could organize a group buy of particular parts too since me and JaCe have a friend in Japan who could send us over parts in one big go.
Just a idea so far. See how many people are interested! =]

Definately keen my friend. Although I have no mods on the FD to date, I'm sure seeing everyone's mods will inspire me to finally part with some of my cash and start personalising her.

Top idea Jo_e :)

TurBIce
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
anyone put recaros or brides in their cars yet?

Shimian
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM

Ill probably install them without the LEDS/CCFL on. I dont want to attract attention. Not just cops but i dont want people turning heads every 2 seconds. Just want to use as projectors so i can use HIDs

cracker
02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
yeah new civic meet up!!

andyhui01
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
^damn... c'mon Melbournians, we'll organize an even bigger FD meet than Sydney :P

markCivicVti
02-11-2007, 11:38 AM
You're complaining... I'm in Brizzy. Will just have to settle on a general civic meet.

DropBear
02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
You're complaining... I'm in Brizzy. Will just have to settle on a general civic meet.

Harden up mark, Sydney is only a short drive south for you, you can still come along :p

jk ;)

markCivicVti
02-11-2007, 12:29 PM
I've done the drive before and said never again!! Granted though I did it in one hit and that was after a wedding and reception... hated every hour of the drive.

cracker
02-11-2007, 12:53 PM
are u saying sydney owns?

gerard
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM

Heard from my local Autobarn guy that the Phillips Extreme vision will be on sale soon.

denot
02-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Heard from my local Autobarn guy that the Phillips Extreme vision will be on sale soon.

gerard, whats Extreme Vision means? I thought Philips has Extreme but no extreme vision on their catalogs... are these the same?

andyhui01
02-11-2007, 03:34 PM
I always thought Extreme vision was simple like Vision Plus, doesn't emit White light.

xqwzit
02-11-2007, 04:34 PM
blue vision, vision plus and extreme are all yellow.
crystal and diamond is too expensive..
just use mtecs...

dannybubu
02-11-2007, 07:14 PM
im down with the melbourne cruise!

papa_
02-11-2007, 08:23 PM
yeh someone organise a melb cruise!!

Bob san
02-11-2007, 08:47 PM
it would be intrested to see a melbourne cruise. maybe someone can organise one in the upcoming events section.

oniononline
02-11-2007, 09:39 PM
haha~ I see at least 5 8th gen civics everyday on the way to work and back everyday, Don E to Glen.

Joele
02-11-2007, 10:19 PM
haha~ I see at least 5 8th gen civics everyday on the way to work and back everyday, Don E to Glen.

There seems to be a LOT of them around my area.. inner northeast of Melbourne...

andyhui01
02-11-2007, 11:07 PM
^FD's are everywhere... esp around the city too, but not too many modified ones.

tkbuild
02-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Hi, this is my Automatic Civic recent mod. :D

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3484/dsc04265lv3.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04265lv3.jpg)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9987/dsc04261gq9.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04261gq9.jpg)
:D Cheap and ec mod, but i personally quite satisfy with the result :angel:

gerard
03-11-2007, 11:43 AM
gerard, whats Extreme Vision means? I thought Philips has Extreme but no extreme vision on their catalogs... are these the same?

My Bad ....shld be Extreme Power. its a 80% brighter than stock ...an upgrade . Nominated by over the 50% plus.Nominated by UK Auto Express as accessory of the year.
I'm gonna put it on my TT when it comes.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/product_honours_2007/208754/accessory_of_the_year_philips_xtreme_power.html

JaCe
03-11-2007, 12:37 PM

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3484/dsc04265lv3.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04265lv3.jpg)

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/9987/dsc04261gq9.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04261gq9.jpg)

Wow looks very nice. Did you actually have to pull anything out apart from the shift handle? (i.e. are you just putting the sock on top or did you remove the whole thing?). I actually am considering this lol... price?

JaCe
03-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm all up for a meetup (once uni finals are over yo!).

As for parts, sigh, I've seen quite a few FD2 sites pop up around the net. From what I can tell frm my cousins in M'sia, the people who typically modify FDs, have the FD2 (since it was the "sports" model) and not many FD1. Hence why there are very few FD1 parts.

anyone put recaros or brides in their cars yet?

I haven't. Wouldn't mind but I think i'ts illegal to modify if your car has side airbags in the seat (e.g. VTi-L and Sport models). Can anyone confirm?

Jo_e
03-11-2007, 01:53 PM
I haven't. Wouldn't mind but I think i'ts illegal to modify if your car has side airbags in the seat (e.g. VTi-L and Sport models). Can anyone confirm?

Oh noes, if u put bucket seats in ur car then i wont be able to have sex in it nemore. =P hahahaha
I dont think its illegal but i think u need it checked by an authority to make sure its road worthy and safe.
Something about ADR?...not too clear about the details.

Maybe for the meet us sydney people and melb people could meet halfway or sumthing? Is it far?...Im realli directionally challenged...Would the middle be canberra?
Coz the more the merrier and a cruise down to canberra could be fun i guess. hahaha

andyhui01
03-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm all up for a meetup (once uni finals are over yo!).

As for parts, sigh, I've seen quite a few FD2 sites pop up around the net. From what I can tell frm my cousins in M'sia, the people who typically modify FDs, have the FD2 (since it was the "sports" model) and not many FD1. Hence why there are very few FD1 parts.

na... its because the K-series engine has been around for so many years whereas the R series just came out last year. Just have to give it some time, but alot of Taiwanese tuners have been saying that the R series engine does have alot of potential, I remember this guy got over 200whp by Turbocharging the R18

and Jo_e... I think middle would be like Albury, which is still quite long and boring drive for both states.

cracker
03-11-2007, 02:17 PM
yes i agree.......secondly TKbuild that is so cool please elaborate how u did that sik mod?

applio
03-11-2007, 06:31 PM
guys i just want to ask where can i buy a front lip and side skirt for my FD1 civic?

tkbuild
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM
hi Jace & cracker,:wave:
thx very much for your comments.
for anyone interest with this mod, later tonight or tomorrow i'll put up a new thread on detailed DIY :D :D :D :D

To Jace : just remove the original shift knob and the silver square cover.
cost: boot $25, knob $20 :cool:

Wow looks very nice. Did you actually have to pull anything out apart from the shift handle? (i.e. are you just putting the sock on top or did you remove the whole thing?). I actually am considering this lol... price?

Shimian
03-11-2007, 07:41 PM

Are you referring to your avatar? If yes, i was thinking about getting the gear wrap and knob, also comes with a mugen badge showing the gear shifts. Btw, how does the knob press the button so u can shift gears? Do you press down? Can you upload a bigger size?

edit: now i see pics.

rhk
03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
woot :P

Coilovers and CAI landed in aus (should be picking up soon :D) will post pics later this week

JaCe
03-11-2007, 10:19 PM
guys i just want to ask where can i buy a front lip and side skirt for my FD1 civic?

1. What style? Honda Modulo/OEM and the aftermarket Mugen styling kit are the main ones. There are a few other ones available but they aren't specifically designed for the Civic or they're just unofficial bodykits which mimick a reputable one.

2. Genuine or replica?

Genuine Modulo can be bought from your Honda dealer; and Mugen ones can be bought from JDM Concept here. Alternatively you could look around on eBay and maybe you'll find some alternatives- just watch for fakes. A common trick is to say "Mugen styling" (i.e. it looks like a Mugen but isn't genuine Mugen).

hi Jace & cracker,:wave:
thx very much for your comments.
for anyone interest with this mod, later tonight or tomorrow i'll put up a new thread on detailed DIY :D :D :D :D

To Jace : just remove the original shift knob and the silver square cover.
cost: boot $25, knob $20 :cool:

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'll do it but I'll pick my own gear shift knob. Can you use any? Are there any implications in terms of being able to shift because I have a tendency to shift down to 3rd when driving.

na... its because the K-series engine has been around for so many years whereas the R series just came out last year. Just have to give it some time, but alot of Taiwanese tuners have been saying that the R series engine does have alot of potential, I remember this guy got over 200whp by Turbocharging the R18

and Jo_e... I think middle would be like Albury, which is still quite long and boring drive for both states.

True that. From what I can tell, alot of the mods are just old ones which happen to fit inside the FD engine bay. Fingers crossed that some good things come out for the FD... but then that being said, I'm still more interested in the Evo!

xqwzit
04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
u might want to ask some other traders for the genuine mugen kit
price might be cheaper :)

bryan yuen
05-11-2007, 07:57 PM
parts list on my FD1 currently:
genuine mugen front grill, sideskirt, front and rear underspoiler, rear wing.
6000k H.I.D kit
K&N air filter
mugen sports exhaust

coming in two weeks:
WORK EMOTION XC8 17" wheels

haha... im currently on hubcap with the bodykit on...i find it ridiculous.
when i get the wheels in two weeks or so..i will post some pics

Shimian
05-11-2007, 08:36 PM
6000k H.I.D kit
K&N air filter
mugen sports exhaust

coming in two weeks:

post up some pics now. I want to see the car with hubs :p

cracker
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
whats a mugen sports exhaust? ne gains?

IAMVTEC
05-11-2007, 09:34 PM
6000k H.I.D kit
K&N air filter
mugen sports exhaust

coming in two weeks:

Nice... but you will regret not getting 18s. 17s will look tiny with the mugen kit on.

ryanc
05-11-2007, 11:16 PM
whats a mugen sports exhaust? ne gains?

yeah please elaborate on this i'm quite interested (although i actually have fd1)

Shimian
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
My latest poison. Footrest to go with my mugen pedals. Sorry for pic quality (crap phone cam)

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/Foot1.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/Foot2.jpg

Will post up full look here later

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
the sports exhaust is just a silencer.(muffler)
u can find it on the mugen webpage.

JaCe
06-11-2007, 05:50 PM
the sports exhaust is just a silencer.(muffler)
u can find it on the mugen webpage.

I heard it on my friend's Civic... it sounds stock at low rpm but sounds fantastic at high rpm.

My latest poison. Footrest to go with my mugen pedals. Sorry for pic quality (crap phone cam)

Are those genuine or replica pedals? I personally wouldn't bother- it seems like you're wasting money on pointless parts but it's your car/cash. Are you trying to have the most replica Mugen parts on your Civic or something..? No offence intended, but I'm inclined to think if you didn't waste money on things like replica Mugen mirror covers and whatnot, then you might've had some cash to buy more useful things (or genuine parts).

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 05:51 PM
post up some pics now. I want to see the car with hubs :p

i just took these pic on my phone cam. not the best ...but.....still can see...
i want my wheels badly!!!!

markCivicVti
06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Sif it matters whether its genuine or not. I aint paying mugen a premium just to have some moulded plastic that some guy in china can manufacture for cheaper at reasonable quality. If money wasnt an issue i wouldnt be driving a civic.

Replica ftw!

Love the mugen kit btw bryan yuen. I'll be in the same boat soon... steelies with bodykit :S

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Sif it matters whether its genuine or not. I aint paying mugen a premium just to have some moulded plastic that some guy in china can manufacture for cheaper at reasonable quality. If money wasnt an issue i wouldnt be driving a civic.

Replica ftw!

Love the mugen kit btw bryan yuen. I'll be in the same boat soon... steelies with bodykit :S

hahaha!!!!
well i have wheels ordered already...
but its just taking its time to get here...
ive waited for 7 weeks now for the wheels....still got 2 weeks to go ....hopefully i can get the wheels on the car before december..
then i post more pics...

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 06:35 PM
oh yeh here is another pic .
my mugen sports silencer

JaCe
06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
But Shimian... there is a definite difference in quality. The wing for example, as mentioned before, there's some very weird characteristics in the replicas. It seems as if the replicas only aim to replicate the look and none of the other benefits/attributes.

JaCe
06-11-2007, 07:02 PM

ROFLMAO I know who you are mate. It just dawned on me.. you're the same Bryan I met when I was getting my HIDs installed at BK. BK did my Mugen Wing too :)

bryan yuen
06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
ROFLMAO I know who you are mate. It just dawned on me.. you're the same Bryan I met when I was getting my HIDs installed at BK. BK did my Mugen Wing too :)

yeh im that bryan you know.....ive heard from bK......that you got the wing done...

Jo_e
06-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Omfg u retard. Even i knew it was the bryan u were talking abt to me ages ago. baulko my ass.

lol But nice car bryan. im so jealous coz i cant afford a kit. Its gonna look awesome when u get the work wheels mate!

Shimian
06-11-2007, 08:40 PM
But Shimian... there is a definite difference in quality. The wing for example, as mentioned before, there's some very weird characteristics in the replicas. It seems as if the replicas only aim to replicate the look and none of the other benefits/attributes.

My pedal set are replicas. I dont see why i should pay 4 x more when it does the same thing. The fit is perfect with the replica. In regards the the mugen wing, mine is replica. It fits perfectly (in my eyes anyways) for half the price. What advantages does a genuine wing give over a replica? I find the weight of the wing to be about the same weight as the genuine modulo, or pretty close. But one thing i noticed, when i corner with the mugen spoiler, the car seems to be held down better. Could be psychological??? Btw, i only have a few things replica
- pedals
- spoiler
- grille
- oil cap
- mirror cover
Im sure with the grille and spoiler, there might be a minor difference (advantage) between replica vs genuine. But to me, it fits perfectly, doesnt weigh a tonne and the material is holding the paint together.

Shimian
06-11-2007, 08:43 PM

hot ride :p. So jealous of mugen kit. Wish i didnt buy my modulo.

jeffske
06-11-2007, 08:48 PM
does IAMVTEC know about this thread, he will be very upset if he sees this

xenfacta
06-11-2007, 10:16 PM
yeh he thinks 17s are too small.

with weight savings/benefits of genuine v. replica mugen parts... the only thing i would be worrying about (as with any kit) would be the fit against the bodywork... i dont think theres that much to be gained from genuine mugen cosmetic parts over replicas.. at the suburban/cruise speeds that all these cars will be driven at there would be sweet f.a. in aero difference...

jeff u know i love you but theres not much in it between them... up to the individual

ur wing looks shmick tho ;)

markCivicVti
07-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Any of you FD boys got coilovers? I was intially looking at just getting king springs... but now am considering budget coilovers. Just for street use... perhaps some spirited driving on the street but nothing hardcore.

I don't know much about coilover brands... have done some searches. I've found some "G4 RACING COILOVERS " for 1.4k delivered. Are there any budget (but ok) coilovers for around 1k? I know if I had the dosh I'd get Tein SS or equivalent.. but that'd be around 2k I'd imagine.

Also curious about installation costs if you had it done at a local suspension place.. $150-300?

*EDIT: How about a shock and spring combo for around 1k? I know springs are around 300-400. No idea on shocks tho. I know koni yellows are somewhat recommended.

*Edit # 2: what a joke... I already have member status and my car still hasn't arrived... AAARRRGHH!!! Damn you honda australia! I placed the order before joining here. Should get it by the end of the month.

JaCe
07-11-2007, 01:32 PM
My pedal set are replicas. I dont see why i should pay 4 x more when it does the same thing. The fit is perfect with the replica. In regards the the mugen wing, mine is replica. It fits perfectly (in my eyes anyways) for half the price. What advantages does a genuine wing give over a replica? I find the weight of the wing to be about the same weight as the genuine modulo, or pretty close. But one thing i noticed, when i corner with the mugen spoiler, the car seems to be held down better. Could be psychological??? Btw, i only have a few things replica
- pedals
- spoiler
- grille
- oil cap
- mirror cover
Im sure with the grille and spoiler, there might be a minor difference (advantage) between replica vs genuine. But to me, it fits perfectly, doesnt weigh a tonne and the material is holding the paint together.

Well I guess it might just be in the head... but from my experience with both replica and genuine wing, I can feel that the genuine wing has more weight at the bottom/sides, and the top bit is quite light... but in the replica, it felt as if the whole thing was about the same, as if they had taken the genuine wing, made a perfect replica mould of it, but not copied any of the engineering/weight distribution/etc... of course it's probably only going to have a marginal effect (if any), but just a thought. Where the difference is far more noticeable is the varying qualities of replica grilles which I've mentioned numerous times on OH!

Anyway no point debating this as I'm not an expert on this.. but I just feel that some parts, it's best to go genuine. That, and I think replica pedals do not add value.

yeh he thinks 17s are too small.

with weight savings/benefits of genuine v. replica mugen parts... the only thing i would be worrying about (as with any kit) would be the fit against the bodywork... i dont think theres that much to be gained from genuine mugen cosmetic parts over replicas.. at the suburban/cruise speeds that all these cars will be driven at there would be sweet f.a. in aero difference...

jeff u know i love you but theres not much in it between them... up to the individual

ur wing looks shmick tho ;)

lols... probably right there john.

IAMVTEC
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
For the replica kit, as long as its still plastic and not fibreglass then there shouldnt be too much difference.

Coilover.... I wouldnt recommend because of the cost and compromise in ride comfort. The Civic is not a sports car there is no need for coilovers. If you want a lower look just get springs.

Please stop mentioning coilovers on an economy sedan, we are making ourselves look like the accord euro forum. :(

Shimian
07-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Well I guess it might just be in the head... but from my experience with both replica and genuine wing, I can feel that the genuine wing has more weight at the bottom/sides, and the top bit is quite light... but in the replica, it felt as if the whole thing was about the same, as if they had taken the genuine wing, made a perfect replica mould of it, but not copied any of the engineering/weight distribution/etc... of course it's probably only going to have a marginal effect (if any), but just a thought. Where the difference is far more noticeable is the varying qualities of replica grilles which I've mentioned numerous times on OH!

Anyway no point debating this as I'm not an expert on this.. but I just feel that some parts, it's best to go genuine. That, and I think replica pedals do not add value.

I agree with the grille, there are some dodgy ones out there. But mine is made from ABS and so far so good. Paint hasnt peeled and perfect fitting. Also agree with some parts going genuine such as exhaust and rims. I think the pedal set looks hot. I have the exact same set up as DMX. He has a much better photo of it somewhere on page 13ish in this thread. Pedals fit perfectly and is held strongly. Still gotta drive it at night with my accent lighting and see how the blue lights reflect with my new footrest :p

gumbii
07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
For the replica kit, as long as its still plastic and

Coilover.... I wouldnt recommend because of the cost and compromise in ride comfort. The Civic is not a sports car there is no need for coilovers. If you want a lower look just get springs.

Please stop mentioning coilovers on an economy sedan, we are making ourselves look like the accord euro forum. :(

just say you wanted to slap 20" rims onto a civic? would coilovers be a must? mr amurry said that you would need these...what exactly do they do compared to normal spinrgs and wat do they do over your stock suspension

markCivicVti
07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
For the replica kit, as long as its still plastic and not fibreglass then there shouldnt be too much difference.

Alright I'm done keeping silent when IAMVTEC keeps posting crap.

1. "Don't get coilovers cos it ruins ride comfort".. yet you suggest springs.. riiiight.
2. Sif get springs you fool if you want to be able to adjust ride height and not be stuck with one ride height.
3. We're talking about coilovers not freakin airRunners/air suspension.. its not exactly perfomance-only stuff here... get over it.

Other here suggest getting coilovers even if u only want to lower your ride height.. so you don't have to keep buying springs till you get the height you want.. and then when the springs sag you can restart the freakin process again.

gumbii
07-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen.....lets get ready to ruuummmbbbllleeeeeeee:thumbsup:

1. "Don't get coilovers cos it ruins ride comfort".. yet you suggest springs.. riiiight.
2. Sif get springs you fool if you want to be able to adjust ride height and not be stuck with one ride height.
3. We're talking about coilovers not freakin airRunners/air suspension.. its not exactly perfomance-only stuff here... get over it.

Other here suggest getting coilovers even if u only want to lower your ride height.. so you don't have to keep buying springs till you get the height you want.. and then when the springs sag you can restart the freakin process again.

markCivicVti
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Gumbi mate, I'm sure 99% of people would agree with me here, if you want to be able to adjust your ride height to acommodate those 20" nicely the best option would be coilovers. Springs will kill your stock suspension.

Also (correct me if I'm wrong), when you lower the car you get negative camber (=bad), but decent coilovers have camber adjustment.. or thats my understanding. Lower your car heaps with springs and your tyres won't last that long.

If you're not gonna be tracking the car you don't need BuddyClub $3k (or whatever) coilovers. But the more you can afford the better. They start from 1k and go up.

tkbuild
07-11-2007, 06:40 PM

Hi Shimian, that looks cool. Did you get it from Singapore? I know they have two styles, one with mugen words on and the other not. I personally agree with Jace, but I am planning to get one as well :p (no mugen on maybe). Coz this footrest can match with the mugen paddle, and looks more "sporty", better than a black rubber hanging besides the silver paddle. :cool:

gumbii
07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah im a noob...soo any info about coilovers would be helpful

Gumbi mate, I'm sure 99% of people would agree with me here, if you want to be able to adjust your ride height to acommodate those 20" nicely the best option would be coilovers. Springs will kill your stock suspension.

Also (correct me if I'm wrong), when you lower the car you get negative camber (=bad), but decent coilovers have camber adjustment.. or thats my understanding. Lower your car heaps with springs and your tyres won't last that long.

If you're not gonna be tracking the car you don't need BuddyClub $3k (or whatever) coilovers. But the more you can afford the better. They start from 1k and go up.

Shimian
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
Hi Shimian, that looks cool. Did you get it from Singapore? I know they have two styles, one with mugen words on and the other not. I personally agree with Jace, but I am planning to get one as well :p (no mugen on maybe). Coz this footrest can match with the mugen paddle, and looks more "sporty", better than a black rubber hanging besides the silver paddle. :cool:

Yes i did get it from singapore. The mugen is etched on the footrest. Much better than the wordless one in my opinion. If you get the wordless one, it will look incomplete and make you feel that something should be in that spot. Cos the gap there is much wider than the rest and it will look out of place

bryan yuen
07-11-2007, 07:33 PM

i agree with MR MarkCivicVti, spring alone will kill the stock standard shocks. so coilovers is a better choice..if ur spending $400 on springs why not just go the distance and get some coilover. they start at a price around $1000.
i know that our civic isnt a sports car but we are just trying to give it a bit of character.
springs will do the trick now...but wont last.. btw changing springs will still hamper your ride comfort... maybe worst then coilover..
the stock standard suspension setting is pretty crap....when im turning around corners it feel like im in a boat... so coilover is something i want to do .

IAMVTEC
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Fine, you want my truthful opinion? I think lowering a street car, especially a family sedan is idiotic. I see these low cars around and all I can think of is that the owner of the car has an even lower IQ than his cars ride height. You are compromising your ride quality and ability to go into driveways and ramps just to look like a knuckle dragging hoon ape.

But I try keep this opinion off this subforum because I dont want to offend other civic owners. But since you got offended anyway thats what I think.

Why I suggest springs? If youre gonna do something stupid, as least minimise your losses financially. PERIOD

cracker
07-11-2007, 08:40 PM
hmmm asmuch as i love the fights...i have one thing to say.......does everybody else get a shitload of OVERSTEER!?

markCivicVti
07-11-2007, 10:52 PM
"I think lowering a street car, especially a family sedan is idiotic. I see these low cars around and all I can think of is that the owner of the car has an even lower IQ than his cars ride height."

For me there are two reasons:
-Cosmetic/aesthetics. Yes I want my car to look good. (not insanely low)
-Handling. Lower center of gravity = better handling.

You say minimise financial loss but this isn't true. The intial payment is smaller, but you WILL have to replace your shocks. Also many people want to change their ride height sooner or later.. so new springs. Also then after a while (pending on brand) you might have to replace the springs after they start sagging.

Not saying don't do springs... but if you can afford/wait-for it, then get coilovers.. they will save you money in the mid-long term. Don't forget extra tyre wear on negative camber!

xenfacta
08-11-2007, 10:19 AM
... Where the difference is far more noticeable is the varying qualities of replica grilles which I've mentioned numerous times on OH!

thats a different story, ive seen the differences in the grilles... fit seems to be a real issue with them

andyhui01
08-11-2007, 10:30 AM

I came back after 1 day and missed 3 pages of fun... I guess everyone has their opinions on Replica/Genuine... I personally would never get Genuine Aero parts, I really don't see the point.

But Jace, just would like to point out to you that there is no way that in the world that you could be experiencing the extra downforce generated by the wing (Unless you do tracking on high speed tracks), IIRC, you need at least 180kph to start generating the downforce created by the Wing, I would believe it is more for cosmetic purposes and therefore if they made it look exactly the same, it is fine by me :D.

I would just like to point out one more thing about the coilovers, In my case, you might need to actually use coilovers and not king springs when your running a 17" rim with 38 offset and 225 width tyres, corner very hard and even the bodyroll will generate fender rub

JaCe
08-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I came back after 1 day and missed 3 pages of fun... I guess everyone has their opinions on Replica/Genuine... I personally would never get Genuine Aero parts, I really don't see the point.

But Jace, just would like to point out to you that there is no way that in the world that you could be experiencing the extra downforce generated by the wing (Unless you do tracking on high speed tracks), IIRC, you need at least 180kph to start generating the downforce created by the Wing, I would believe it is more for cosmetic purposes and therefore if they made it look exactly the same, it is fine by me :D.

What you said is very true, but (many pages back I mentioned this too) I've also seen what happens with a very poorly designed wing. I'm more worried that should one reach high speeds, it's not so much the lack of (or increased) downforce, but rather, just the sheer excess weight of a wing/spoiler can crush the bootlid. My cousin's FairladyZ's bootlid was totally crushed due to the wing being excessively heavy (over time obviously) and we had to replace the whole bootlid and do some significant bodywork (which was incentive to get a new bodykit and wing).

BEFORE:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7320/greddyz33fairlady8gv0.th.jpg (http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greddyz33fairlady8gv0.jpg)
AFTER:
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3/350znewer6ge1.th.jpg (http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=350znewer6ge1.jpg)

I'm not sure if you guys have had to remove the Honda OEM Spoiler from the Civic yet, but when BK was removing mine, just lifting it off and fighting the super strong adhesive, I could see the bootlid begin to bend/shape... which was a VERY SCARY thing to see. Luckily nothing was actualy damaged, but if you've ever done workshop in school (aka metalshop? DT?) or even played with bunsens and plastic in Science, you begin to see the same "twisting" of the material and worry that the white lines will appear. I am not a science expert or anything, but I was actually very worried that something bad might happen to my bootlid. In conclusion, I was worried the bootlid wasn't too strong and thus, a poorly designed (excessively overweight) wing could also crush that too.

andyhui01
08-11-2007, 02:15 PM
^never thought of it that way... but jace, that is the result of too much top speed runs on the NS Highway in Malaysia :P

I've seen that car before on the NS Highway... does it go to KL often?

Jo_e
08-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeh, the Civic boot is very weak...I have a spare wing at home i use as a foot rest now coz its so bloody heavy and woulda crushed my boot.
Should not have bothered with anything generic or fake. Pay a bit more for peace of mind.

Altho this does not apply for stickers. coz either way they make ur car faster. XD

tkbuild
08-11-2007, 07:05 PM
HI guyz, i have just fitted the project headlight on my civic. :cool:
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/953/dsc04313fn9.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8911/dsc04300ii2.jpg
If anyone interested PM me, a friend of mine study in Japan send it to me. :D
Sorry i cant post the price on otherwise they will say I'm advertising. :P

destrukshn
08-11-2007, 07:08 PM
thats ****ing sexy.
lol.

Jo_e
08-11-2007, 07:09 PM
How much would they cost?

Shimian
08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
hey tk, can you explain if the third wire controls the LED and CCFL? Or is it LEDs only?
Possible to wire it up without the third wire? What comes on when you turn park lights on without the third wire connected?

tkbuild
08-11-2007, 07:43 PM
hey tk, can you explain if the third wire controls the LED and CCFL? Or is it LEDs only?
Possible to wire it up without the third wire? What comes on when you turn park lights on without the third wire connected?

the Led is on when you turn the park light on. :D
the led is you park light :D

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7750/dsc04278hl4.jpg

JaCe
08-11-2007, 08:32 PM
^never thought of it that way... but jace, that is the result of too much top speed runs on the NS Highway in Malaysia :P

I've seen that car before on the NS Highway... does it go to KL often?

lol yep. Everyday we drive from JB to KL and back but we switch cars daily. Fairlady is probably the least used since it's the slowest. Buzz me on MSN if you're going back end of year.

EDIT: I just realised I never bothered to censor out Malaysian plates cos didn't think anyone on OH would recognise our cars... oh well.

FD2R
08-11-2007, 10:39 PM

PM sent.

denot
09-11-2007, 08:58 AM
Nice one TK!!!!!!!!! XD

I'll sent PM soon...

applio
09-11-2007, 09:13 AM

pm sent

JaCe
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Have to admit that's pretty hot.

FN2TypeR
09-11-2007, 05:24 PM
My mods to my FN2R:

Wheel nut locks (for free)
Chrome tyre caps (for free) but got stolen by a cheap bastard which I'm not surprised.

dmx
09-11-2007, 07:05 PM

wow, absent for while, suddenly already 5 pages behind!
finally someone bring to here:thumbsup::thumbsup:
means this is from japan? most i know from tw.:confused:

tkbuild
09-11-2007, 11:12 PM
wow, absent for while, suddenly already 5 pages behind!
finally someone bring to here:thumbsup::thumbsup:
means this is from japan? most i know from tw.:confused:

yup the supplier from japan. i think the quality is better than the TW. coz there are complete seal on the edge. no offense, if I'm not worng there is sometimes gaps on the tw made and bugs can get in.

Lol, i drove mine out today, turn many heads :cool:. a great x'max gift for myself. :angel: :p

Shimian
10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Not sure if theres another version out. But the other eagle eyes headlamp uses 9006 bulbs for both high/low. :eek:

andyhui01
10-11-2007, 07:59 AM
^which one are you talking about? If its 9006, it would be good for the HID guys, considering the stock headlamps run on 9006. I think there are some that run on H1.

JaCe
10-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I wonder.. if I already have installed HIDs in my Civic FD... can I stil install these Projector lights http://civicfd.tk/

Shimian
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I wonder.. if I already have installed HIDs in my Civic FD... can I stil install these Projector lights http://civicfd.tk/

TK projectors uses H7 as mentioned on the page. Our stock projectors uses HB4/9006

match
10-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Just want to get some opinions on this. Was thinking of getting the mugen kit for my FD1 but should I include the rear wing as well? With the wing it will look fierce as hell but what do you guys think of a rear wing on an automatic civic? I need to think carefully since i dont want to regret and have holes on my car

markCivicVti
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Match,

up to you, but I'm getting the wing with the kit as I like it.

(oh and my fd1 is auto as well :( )

JaCe
10-11-2007, 06:33 PM
as much as I'd hate to see a lot of Civics looking exactly like mine with the Mugen Wing, I have to admit it does look pretty fantastic.

FN2TypeR
10-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Woah hot mugen kit!! Although I'd scrap the gold rims.

FN2TypeR
10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
Just want to get some opinions on this. Was thinking of getting the mugen kit for my FD1 but should I include the rear wing as well? With the wing it will look fierce as hell but what do you guys think of a rear wing on an automatic civic? I need to think carefully since i dont want to regret and have holes on my car

If your car is white then get the wing as it gives the FD2R look. Wing on a black doesn't look to bad as per the pics, but if your car was any other colour then definitely no wing.

xqwzit
10-11-2007, 08:01 PM
i like it without the wing, bit too much for a civic.
but its always up to the individual :)
and it doesnt have anything to do with it being manual or auto?!

andyhui01
10-11-2007, 08:27 PM
TK projectors uses H7 as mentioned on the page. Our stock projectors uses HB4/9006

why did you just say in the other post that the projectors use 9006?

ryanc
10-11-2007, 08:35 PM
the pics u posted with it make it look hot
i wanna get this kinda look as well :D

now to find some money....

p.s. wat rims are those? looks familiar

IAMVTEC
10-11-2007, 08:58 PM
The black Civic with the wing looks great at some angles(side, 45 degree from front and back) but strange from others(directly from the back).

Depends what you want. If you want to lower the car and put 19s on then dont get the wing, otherwise Id probably get it.

match
10-11-2007, 09:03 PM
My perception is if you have the full mugen kit with the wing then you tend to show that your civic is souped up and up for a challenge at traffic lights. But if in the case that you are on automatic, its more like a family car and there is no point modifying it into a sports car.

But my friend says if without the wing you feel like you're missing something and i guess its true as well. damn dilemma!

Shimian
10-11-2007, 10:19 PM
why did you just say in the other post that the projectors use 9006?

Cos theres another eagle eye headlamp out there that uses 9006. Im trying to get more info to double check.

Shimian
10-11-2007, 10:22 PM

An auto civic and a manual civic has the same car look. Its personal preference. For me, i like the mugen spoiler as it is not too high and not too low like the modulo (which i regretted buying). There will be many many pictures out there with the full mugen kit. If you think it looks sexy, then go get it. Otherwise, a mugen kit without spoiler also looks sexy. Maybe try getting the full kit without spoiler first and drive around for a few months?

IAMVTEC
10-11-2007, 10:58 PM
An auto civic and a manual civic has the same car look. Its personal preference. For me, i like the mugen spoiler as it is not too high and not too low like the modulo (which i regretted buying). There will be many many pictures out there with the full mugen kit. If you think it looks sexy, then go get it. Otherwise, a mugen kit without spoiler also looks sexy. Maybe try getting the full kit without spoiler first and drive around for a few months?

I like the Modulo wing, its sporty but still discrete.

The Mugen wing is very polarising, hence you get issues with unwanted attention and affect resale. So unless if you really love the look of the Mugen Iwouldnt get it.

markCivicVti
11-11-2007, 12:32 AM
Nothing wrong with getting the mugen wing. Just cos every 17 yr old will want to race you from every light doesn't mean you have to grace them with your participation.

For once I have to agree with IAMVTEC (don't get used to it ;) ), that the wing might affect the resale value. But the rest of the kit will too. Few want
to buy a modded car. I'm still going to rice the civic up with the kit on the FD1. But I know I won't be selling/trading in this car for a very long time (will likely go to wife), so I'm not worried about resale value.

Just FYI my planed mods are the full kit, foggies, rims, tint, lowered (be it coilovers or some shock/spring combo), and when I feel comfortable with the vehicle eventually CAI (Injen looks like a strong contender).

But nothing further than perhaps a double din with gps nav... but we'll see.

Reliability FTW

Shimian
11-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Love the mugen look over modulo. Not planning to sell my car unless i strike lotto. Going to do some mods like MarkCivicVTI. Dont have any of the main mods yet like exhaust or rims. Next mod for me would be the eagle eyes with HIDs

JaCe
11-11-2007, 05:49 PM
I wonder if it's worth keeping my Modulo spoiler and swapping it back on come time to trade in, and then selling the wing seperately for some cheap price since it's genuine Mugen and factory painted.

Shimian
11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Ill probably let mine go for half the factory price but dont really care if i sell it or not. Also i wont be selling my car any time soon. Will probably hang on to this car for the next 5-7 years depending if i win lotto or have some spare cash lying around.

dmx
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
My perception is if you have the full mugen kit with the wing then you tend to show that your civic is souped up and up for a challenge at traffic lights. But if in the case that you are on automatic, its more like a family car and there is no point modifying it into a sports car.

But my friend says if without the wing you feel like you're missing something and i guess its true as well. damn dilemma!

i think, the most important to consider is ur circumstances.
if u still youngster, it's ok (a must) to put wing
but if u already have a baby, have baby on board sign on ur window (like me:wave:) or sometimes ur parents/grandparents drive ur car, may be better not put the wing on :)
mugen body kit (modulo too) without wing/spoiler still looks nice :thumbsup:

xenfacta
11-11-2007, 09:14 PM
im sure grandpa would dig the mugen wing... hes young at heart im sure

TurBIce
12-11-2007, 08:40 AM
my dads asking me to install the wing, he wants it on more than i do. so it isnt just 17 year olds:P

dmx
12-11-2007, 02:32 PM
my dads asking me to install the wing, he wants it on more than i do. so it isnt just 17 year olds:P

can we swap "father " ? lol
yeah, at the end, i think there are 2 option to mods car.
elegant style or sporty style.
basic rules 4 elegant style : no wing, politely bodykit

denot
15-11-2007, 05:14 PM
can we swap "father " ? lol
yeah, at the end, i think there are 2 option to mods car.
elegant style or sporty style.
basic rules 4 elegant style : no wing, politely bodykit

maybe I add another option? dunno what it called, but the 3rd option i see is when you put 20s and wide custom bodykit to the civic, with a very very low spring (kit touch the ground) and of course, a lot of bling2 :p (not that I like them though...)

dmx
15-11-2007, 05:19 PM
maybe I add another option? dunno what it called, but the 3rd option i see is when you put 20s and wide custom bodykit to the civic, with a very very low spring (kit touch the ground) and of course, a lot of bling2 :p (not that I like them though...)
hmm..extreme style..LOL
just bought new hot4x4 magazine, Honda edition.very disappointed. all mods are yackz..:thumbdwn: (from my point of view ;) )

JaCe
15-11-2007, 07:02 PM
btw dmx... is your picture/avatar... an anime-style drawing of the Civic (not sure on technical term here) or is it a photo? Looks really awesome. If you could, please send to me?

dmx
15-11-2007, 07:08 PM
btw dmx... is your picture/avatar... an anime-style drawing of the Civic (not sure on technical term here) or is it a photo? Looks really awesome. If you could, please send to me?
sent !!!

JaCe
15-11-2007, 07:48 PM
thanks mate. looks awesome. wish i could get one in black... maybe time to dust off photoshop!

xenfacta
18-11-2007, 03:16 PM
what brake pads to u guys use? im thinking of changing mine to something a bit better. will it make a difference? can you change pads with other oem hondas (ie accord euro)?

also, whats the code for the K&N filter for the FD1? I searched but couldnt find

dmx
18-11-2007, 03:38 PM
what brake pads to u guys use? im thinking of changing mine to something a bit better. will it make a difference? can you change pads with other oem hondas (ie accord euro)?

also, whats the code for the K&N filter for the FD1? I searched but couldnt find
i think if u change with other OEM honda, would be the same
try spoon pads, may be better.

dannybubu
18-11-2007, 03:56 PM

are you talking about the short ram intake or the panel filter?

JaCe
18-11-2007, 04:19 PM

K&N N33-2342 High-Flow Air Filter

... if you're talking about the drop-in air filter for the FD1.

xenfacta
18-11-2007, 07:35 PM
yea the drop in..who stocks them? the last one i bought was from rare spares but they stock stuff for mostly holden/ford american models

dannybubu
18-11-2007, 08:18 PM
go to autobarn

JaCe
18-11-2007, 08:56 PM
I think Repco can get it in for you if you give them the part numbers.

I personally bought mine from Malaysia and Jo_E got his from Hong Kong.

Phlirt
19-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Has anyone bought or seen the J's Racing Cat BAck Titianium Exhaust in action? There is one one ebay for sale for $1895.

Any reviews or comments would be appreciated

Frost_FD
19-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey guys,

Im planning to buy some 19" im just wondering if they will affect my speedo.

Dimensions are 235\35\19

markCivicVti
19-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey guys,

Dimensions are 235\35\19

Mate check out http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

It will tell you by how much your speedo will be out by.

Just don't forget anything above 17"s will lower perfomance a fair bit...

btw:
I get my FD1 in about 10 days... yay for me.

Shimian
19-11-2007, 06:14 PM
205/55/R16 (Stock) vs 235/35/R19 (Aftermarket)

Speedo reading will be 2.4% slower.

When speedo reads 100k/h, you are travelling at 102.4k/h

Correct me if im wrong

Frost_FD
19-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Ok 2% difference is ok.... well im not going for performance or else i would have bought the type R, which isnt to great anyways.

Will these wheels and tyres fit?

andyhui01
19-11-2007, 06:51 PM
depends on the offset... you might get some inner or outer rubbing

danny_mart
19-11-2007, 07:08 PM
hey no i lined up against another FD and looked at there gauge while driving at 60km/h and it was no difference not sure about high speed maybe be the slightest different....but not enough to get booked for speeding....

Hey guys,

Dimensions are 235\35\19

JaCe
19-11-2007, 09:36 PM
lol even in stock, the speedo is very very very optimistic. i compare what's on the LCD to what my Tomtom says when i've maintained same cruising speed for about 5-10seconds to allow GPS to correct and it's still out by about 5km/h at 70km/h

andyhui01
19-11-2007, 09:45 PM
^I don't even think all FD's speedo's are calibrated at the same level, some may be quicker, some may be slower. I've pitted myself against another FD (Sep 06 VTi) auto as well and at 103 on the freeway, she was doing 105 and we were sideby side on cruisecontrol for about 200m before I pulled back to give way to traffic.

Shimian
19-11-2007, 10:15 PM
apparently some guy did a test on our FD. If you travel at 106km on speedo, u are really going 100

Frost_FD
19-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Which ones do you think i should get

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=233

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=946

Frost_FD
19-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Sorry thats some bad posting

http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=946
or
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/products_closeup.asp?part=&part_no=233

Joele
19-11-2007, 10:59 PM
apparently some guy did a test on our FD. If you travel at 106km on speedo, u are really going 100

I would imagine it would differ for every sample..

Worst part is by law I believe it only has to be within +/- 10% to be legal, yet you can certainly get finned for 109km in a 100km region (in Victoria anyway)...

Frost_FD
19-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Im not too worried about the 2% descrepency... thats why FDs come with cruise control...

andyhui01
19-11-2007, 11:24 PM
^You do realize that with the 3% descrepency in VIC, you're only allowed to do 103 according to Police Radar, and the worst part is, your car can be doing 110 while the speedo says 100 and it'll be ADR approved. So if you want to set your cruise control at a speed you're 100% safe from cops, set it at 91kph

dannybubu
20-11-2007, 12:06 AM

yep...that's what my car is like too...2006 civic...i got a navman gps and when im on cruise control...it is about 5-6km/h slower to what it says on my car...this is going about 100km/h....so i dunno if it's the car that's wrong or my gps or both

faction
20-11-2007, 02:49 AM
I've established that my Civic, while the speedo registers at 106km/h, is also traveling at 100km/h (confirmed via Navman and checked with other new cars).

In other news, can someone recommend some beginners sites catering to pure performance modifications? I could care less about body kits at the moment (sure, downforce and all that, but you know what I mean). 06 Civic specific would be good, but I'm not picky at the moment.

xenfacta
20-11-2007, 07:33 AM
thats standard across most cars... motor or wheels has in its info sheets "speed at indicated 100km/h". most are 5-7kmh slower... so u doint get booked when u think ur speeding

xenfacta
20-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Which ones do you think i should get

these ones
http://www.tempetyres.com.au/content/products/premium-fin.jpg

then again, im not a big fan of dinner plates.... what colour is your car

markCivicVti
20-11-2007, 07:51 AM
thats standard across most cars... motor or wheels has in its info sheets "speed at indicated 100km/h". most are 5-7kmh slower... so u doint get booked when u think ur speeding

Thats true... when I drive my festiva (yuck, but only for another 7-9 days) at around 100km, the gps (tomtom) will register about 5-6kms slower.

JaCe
20-11-2007, 09:33 AM
K&N N33-2342 High-Flow Air Filter

... if you're talking about the drop-in air filter for the FD1.

FYI;

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/3897/kn332342civicfd1bf1.th.jpg (http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kn332342civicfd1bf1.jpg)

xenfacta
20-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I think Repco can get it in for you if you give them the part numbers.

I personally bought mine from Malaysia and Jo_E got his from Hong Kong.

either of you two going overseas anytime soon? :cool:

taking the car in for service on friday.. anyone know if they will swap out better brake pads (or whether they will make a difference?).... will the euro pads fit

Jo_e
20-11-2007, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=xenfacta;1437005]either of you two going overseas anytime soon? :cool: /QUOTE]

lol actually we both are. Im heading off to Japan but i'll be backpacking so probably wont be able to carry too much home. And i think JaCe is off to Malaysia for a week.
If i see anything cool, i'll be sure to note it...esp the GTR...which apparently is in nissan showrooms already over there. =]
I think i might be able to get stickers? hahaha.coz they're light enough. But no body parts or nething big like that.
Mugen socks...?

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks Xenfecta,

The problem about that one is the price... $2400 and i get can the dolce for 2100 in perth.

The cleaning for all those spokes would take me half a day....

Ill post you guys some pics once i out them in.

Should i get some springs? or stock suspension will do.

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks Xenfecta,

The problem about that one is the price... $2400 and i get can the dolce for 2100 in perth.

If you put 19s on? You definately need to lower it or else it'll look like a monster truck.

Though if you have a lip kit on as well, you can probably get away with not lowering it.

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Hahah moster truck i like that one....

Well i oraganize the cash now just finalizing a few things and i should be able to go buy some springs and my rims.

will 235/35/19 fit on mine or i will have to do some adjustments?

IAMVTEC
20-11-2007, 11:06 AM
I think it'll fit fine, 225/40/18 fits without any problems on mine with quite a fair bit of clearance.

xenfacta
20-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks Xenfecta,

its up to you, depends on the style you're after... i know what you mean though (although chrome has to be immaculate or the car looks like ass

xenfacta
20-11-2007, 12:06 PM
lol actually we both are. Im heading off to Japan but i'll be backpacking so probably wont be able to carry too much home. And i think JaCe is off to Malaysia for a week.
If i see anything cool, i'll be sure to note it...esp the GTR...which apparently is in nissan showrooms already over there. =]
I think i might be able to get stickers? hahaha.coz they're light enough. But no body parts or nething big like that.
Mugen socks...?

bring me back a gtr.

jeff, is the k&n filter cheap in malaysia? i might get you to bring one back for me ;)

JaCe
20-11-2007, 12:52 PM
bring me back a gtr.

jeff, is the k&n filter cheap in malaysia? i might get you to bring one back for me ;)

It's about $100aud depending on the currency conversion rate at the time. If you haven't found one by Christmas (I'm flying Boxing Day) send me an sms or something (it's on the work directory). IIRC Repco sells them for $110-120ish but will have to custom order it in since it's not very popular.

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I think it'll fit fine, 225/40/18 fits without any problems on mine with quite a fair bit of clearance.

Thanks for the info, ill probaly go for the dolce 19" since the warick ones are 8.5 which i dont think will fit on the civics

dmx
20-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the info, ill probaly go for the dolce 19" since the warick ones are 8.5 which i dont think will fit on the civics

8.5 front + 9 rear would fit (max) to FD.don't decide first until u go the shop and try.unless u like the model and come only with 1 width size.

Frost_FD
20-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Ok guys i went and bought the Dolce DC-12 19" i should get it on monday.. Its a coincident how i bought rims cause my bro just gave me a set of real mugen pedals for the FD.. going to install them this week end. Now im looking for a start button

markCivicVti
20-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Cool.... look forward to seeing some pics with the new rims on.

I wonder if the loss of performance is noticable or not really - let me know.

Frost_FD
21-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi guys,

Can you please recommend me some good priced springs once i have put on my 19" rims. budget is $450 for the springs it self.

danny_mart
21-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi guys,

Can you please recommend me some good priced springs once i have put on my 19" rims. budget is $450 for the springs it self.

jax tyres can have king springs fully installed for 400 bucks or 300 bucks if you wanna do it your self... cheaper then all the stores such as repco ect...

Frost_FD
21-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi Danny,

Are they in perth and does that come with a wheel alignment?

danny_mart
21-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Danny,

http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/ that will solve your answer.....
by the looks of it i dont think there is any in perth....

danny_mart
21-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Danny,

http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/ that will solve your answer.....
by the looks of it i dont think there is any in perth....
also i fitted my own springs like not personally but a mate did them seemed the same as all springs if you know how to do that haha....
i know he didnt have to use a compresser or anything so only took him about an hour....

dmx
21-11-2007, 06:58 PM
i think better ask them to install 4u.$100 more, means $25 for each wheel.save ur energy from take off/on ur rims.
u know how heavy 19" ?:o

VT3C
21-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok Here is my list ...

Exterior..
Mugen Replica Grille,
Mugen Replica Spoiler,
Honda accord's OEM 16" wheels
HID Kit - Not installed yet, Soon

Audio
2 Alpine 12" Type S subs
Alpine type S component Speaker in front

MANY MORE TO COME as soon as i will start saving :)

love the rims !! I always thought those original Euro rims had potential on a smaller chassis when lowered and fitted with decent rubber.. good job OEM mods FTW !!

Aco3n
21-11-2007, 07:45 PM
for 450 you can get eibach or H&R instead of king spring.. nothing against it.. just personal pref.. installation should be around 100 bucks on top..

Frost_FD
21-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Here in perth they are charing 300 for labour.... including wheel alignment..

danny_mart
22-11-2007, 07:04 AM
Here in perth they are charing 300 for labour.... including wheel alignment..

sucks to live in perth hahaha...
well wheel alignment should only cost you 25 bucks for a basic alignment and they usually charge around 100 bucks and hour for labour and im telling you it doesnt take 3 hours to put them in.....
plus if they install ur springs they should give you a free wheel alignment....

andyhui01
22-11-2007, 09:15 AM
^you get an alignment for $25? I pay about $50

danny_mart
22-11-2007, 12:11 PM
^you get an alignment for $25? I pay about $50

yeh 25 bucks for the basic one and it was 50 for the higher performance one at jax and i was like well i dont drive a performance car why do i need a performance wheel alignment....

Frost_FD
22-11-2007, 12:36 PM
I have to wait untill tuesday for my springs to come in.... but it should be alright cause i get my wheels on monday.

markCivicVti
22-11-2007, 12:39 PM
So what drop are you hoping for and what springs did you end up ordering.

Frost_FD
22-11-2007, 03:34 PM
So what drop are you hoping for and what springs did you end up ordering.

I've ordered Kings and dropping it 30mm for now.. if its not low enough ill just get a kit to make it look lower... ill post some pics once i've fitted my wheels on, hopefully monday fingers crossed

dmx
22-11-2007, 07:53 PM
yeh 25 bucks for the basic one and it was 50 for the higher performance one at jax and i was like well i dont drive a performance car why do i need a performance wheel alignment....
hey... mine 45 bucks for front wheels (2x), but urs 25 per wheel or ???

Aco3n
22-11-2007, 09:45 PM
far out.. 25 bucks is a steal!!

andyhui01
22-11-2007, 10:05 PM

I'm good mates with the manager at Jax and he gives me $40 for a alignment (Don't know if its performance or basic though)

Frost_FD
23-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi Guys,

Ive just notice that the back wheels on my civic doesnt have springs where the struct is. The springs are located at the back axel.... Are my back suspension gas? and can i change the back springs?

Aco3n
23-11-2007, 11:57 AM
it does.. but strut is separated from spring.. like jazz

Frost_FD
23-11-2007, 04:16 PM
So i would just change the springs on the axel and that should lower the back?

Aco3n
23-11-2007, 08:27 PM
So i would just change the springs on the axel and that should lower the back?

yes it will

xenfacta
26-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Got my new wheels on Friday! 17x7" Lenso DC6 with 215/45/17 Kumhos (sorry about the crap quality - pics are from my phone)

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3337/Image024.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/415/Image023.jpg
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4189/Image031.jpg

and, of course my most important mod

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/711/Image029.jpg

denot
26-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Got my new wheels on Friday! 17x7" Lenso DC6 with 215/45/17 Kumhos (sorry about the crap quality - pics are from my phone)

and, of course my most important mod

Nice :thumbsup: 17" still a bit too small with that rims, maybe 18" is better?

dmx
26-11-2007, 03:00 PM
still nice. match with ur car color.
anybody interesting with modulo wheels ?:confused:

denot
26-11-2007, 03:37 PM
still nice. match with ur car color.
anybody interesting with modulo wheels ?:confused:

hmmm its not bad actually...

Shimian
26-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Agree. Looks too small for our car. It will be bearable if you have full bodykit. Im hoping to go for 19s but not sure if the rims i want comes in that size :(

Frost_FD
26-11-2007, 04:26 PM
All you have to do is lower your car and the wheels will look bigger

xenfacta
26-11-2007, 05:27 PM
yea, 18's would have been nice but i wanted to keep a good amount of tyre. i chose this design coz it looks ok with a bit chunkier tyres the others (esp. those with a dish) look way too small in 17". you can feel the bumps now but due to the soft stock suspension theyre not annoying yet - 18's would be a bit different tho.

with regards to the suspension, the height will be staying the same for much the same reason as the tyres.. sydney roads are crap and theres not going to be much benefit to come from lowering other than pure aesthetics.

on a side note, the difference in the way the car handles now is a lot bigger than i expected. there's a lot less roll than i expected (obviously due to stiffer sidewalls). considering its a $20K econobox, the chassis set up of the car feels pretty damn good. i went through some of my favourite roads on the weekend and it felt pretty stable (largely due to the long wheelbase im guessing). very easy to adjust mid corner to compensate for the understeer.

Shimian
26-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Agree with lowering your car is more for looks. But since you have urself some nice rims (which is also for looks), lower it to about 2 finger size (from tyre to fender). This will give you some room if you go over bumps and wont scrape your fender. You could fit a whole fist into the gap from fender to tyre with stock setup :thumbdwn:

jckidz
26-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I have only change the wheels.. and the gaps is like 3 fingers front and back from the guards to my rubber.. want to change my springs though.. anyone here from melb know a good place & cheap to buy and install springs?

(I've posted pic of my car in another thread)

xenfacta
26-11-2007, 08:55 PM
dunno about the size of your fist but mine def wont fit! yea, the rims were for looks but the size was a practical decision. im happy with the way it looks at the moment anyways and the car will be less comfortable and i drive too many kays to drive a car with hard/bouncy suspension...besides, i'd probably only be happy with a proper coilover set up instead of just springs and i dont feel like spending my money on that right now... not a worthwhile decision for me atm.... in time who knows?

dmx
26-11-2007, 09:29 PM
dunno about the size of your fist but mine def wont fit! yea, the rims were for looks but the size was a practical decision. im happy with the way it looks at the moment anyways and the car will be less comfortable and i drive too many kays to drive a car with hard/bouncy suspension...besides, i'd probably only be happy with a proper coilover set up instead of just springs and i dont feel like spending my money on that right now... not a worthwhile decision for me atm.... in time who knows?

new civic FD already have quite low gap between tyres and fender. 3 fingers gap.
if u want to lowered, dun make 2 fingers gap, make it 1 finger gap, still can easily turning

Frost_FD
27-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey guys i have just received my 19" chromes!!! Woo hoo that was the longest week in my life. Ill be installing them tonight once i get home from work and my car is booked in on thursday to lower my car... king springs going down 30 mm.

Do you guys think this is low enough?

xenfacta
27-11-2007, 03:58 PM
plenty low, sunshine... we need pics asap. congrats!

Frost_FD
27-11-2007, 09:37 PM
here are some pics before i lower my car on thurs

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7536/19oj6.th.jpg (http://img508.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19oj6.jpg)

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/3487/19backjh7.th.jpg (http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19backjh7.jpg)

Jo_e
27-11-2007, 10:22 PM
^ nioce something different. =]

markCivicVti
27-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Nice Frost.

Look forward to hearing wether you have any problems with the rubber rubbing when u turn or have a few passengers after lowering.

Hows acceleration with the 19"s?

I'm definitly not going for anything larger than 18"s but will consider nice 17"s

Frost_FD
27-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Nice Frost.

Look forward to hearing wether you have any problems with the rubber rubbing when u turn or have a few passengers after lowering.

Hows acceleration with the 19"s?

I'm definitly not going for anything larger than 18"s but will consider nice 17"s

Honestly, it doesnt go any more!!! hahaha
I use to beat V8 only up to 100km and my cousins dc2 vtir

Now it doesnt seem to move so fast....

Well ill let you know if i have any problems once i lower it on thursday

markCivicVti
27-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Lol... oh well.. at least you were aware of the performance loss.

Any idea on how much each rim weighs? Must say I love those white (OEM?) DC5R/EP3R rims... the white ones with the red H in the centre... I reckon those with a mugen lip kit would look great (on a black civic).

I get my fd1 on friday... so I'll have plenty of time to search for new rims... as I won't buy any till I run through the stock tyres.

IAMVTEC
27-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Don't lower the car, the compromise in ride quality and lower resale you get for the car is just not worth it.

I have 18s on, not lowered and the ride quality is already bordering on unbearable. If I wanted to commute in discomfort I would just catch the bus.

Frost_FD
28-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Well right now i actually think the ride is more confortable then previous with my 15". My tyres are 225\35\19 maybe the wider tyre makes it feel much better?

Ill let you know how the ride is after i lower it =) hopefully its not too bad

dmx
28-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Don't lower the car, the compromise in ride quality and lower resale you get for the car is just not worth it.

I have 18s on, not lowered and the ride quality is already bordering on unbearable. If I wanted to commute in discomfort I would just catch the bus.

hahaha.. IAMVTEC is anti-lower campaigner:thumbsup:
Frost_FD...just lower it ;lol

Frost_FD
29-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Hi Guys,

I just dropped my car in this morning to get my car lowered.... Im at work now and the waiting is distracting me from working. All i have on my mind is my car and the damage that can be done to my rims...

Paranoia

denot
29-11-2007, 10:58 AM

I think changing to bigger rims and thinner rubber downgrade the ride quality more than loweing/coilovers-ing the car with the stock wheels/rubber... not too sure though...

Frost_FD
29-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Right now the ride actually feels alot better than having 15" on the car, of course you can feel more gravel and rocks but turning and going over bumps is nothing for the wider wheels of a 19".

I dont think you will regret lowering your car and getting springs or coil overs, btw way my tyres are 225\35\19 so thats a pretty thin tyre.

denot
29-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Right now the ride actually feels alot better than having 15" on the car, of course you can feel more gravel and rocks but turning and going over bumps is nothing for the wider wheels of a 19".

I dont think you will regret lowering your car and getting springs or coil overs, btw way my tyres are 225\35\19 so thats a pretty thin tyre.

ah i see... gotta post your car soon Frost... want to see how it looks like :p

Frost_FD
29-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Here are some pics guys

Shimian
29-11-2007, 09:49 PM
not my taste of rims but thumbs up for going 19s. Youre gonna be turning heads big time with those rims

denot
30-11-2007, 08:20 AM
agree with simian, "bling bling" rims are not my style as well... but it will sure do turn heads and it fits nicely to your FD!!! Grats!!!

Frost_FD
30-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Thanks guys, i know bling isn't alot of people style thats why i like to be unique and have big chromies on our FDs.

I am into racing and weight reduction but it just cost too much to modify Hondas, so i took the initiative and went for the bling style. My start button is coming today so you guys can guess which way i am leaning towards.

BTW the ride is alot more rough... You have to sacrifice comfort for looks =)

jckidz
30-11-2007, 11:20 AM
looks good & love the drop.. but the wheels look very big without any bodykit.. oh ya, any problem with turning full lock / scrubbing issues? cause i'm thinking to lower my car as well

Frost_FD
30-11-2007, 11:33 AM
looks good & love the drop.. but the wheels look very big without any bodykit.. oh ya, any problem with turning full lock / scrubbing issues? cause i'm thinking to lower my car as well

Yes if your turning to fast you will here it rub, and if im going over uneven roads at lets say 70km some times it rubs... dont know about getting 4 extra people in my car though thats going to be a challenge...

Any one know where i can find a mugen front lip? thats my next mod

bangers178
30-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Yes if your turning to fast you will here it rub, and if im going over uneven roads at lets say 70km some times it rubs... dont know about getting 4 extra people in my car though thats going to be a challenge...

i have 19x9.5 on the rear and 19x8.5 on the front and 38 offset, to get rid of the tire rub on the gaurds, u have to rolling in the gaurds and flare the fenders. that will fix the problem and u can also fit 4 people in the car without a problem.

denot
30-11-2007, 12:07 PM

try one of our trader... JDMConcept can help...

Frost_FD
30-11-2007, 12:39 PM
i have 19x9.5 on the rear and 19x8.5 on the front and 38 offset, to get rid of the tire rub on the gaurds, u have to rolling in the gaurds and flare the fenders. that will fix the problem and u can also fit 4 people in the car without a problem.

Hi Bangers,

How much would that cost to flare the fenders and roll the gaurds?

Thanks
denot, i have checked no lips only actually body kits.

bangers178
30-11-2007, 01:17 PM
i got my gaurds ad fenders done 300 bucks.

Frost_FD
30-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Hmmmmm, extra 300 bucks.... too much right now i just spent 2700 on rims and getting lowered

bangers178
30-11-2007, 03:26 PM
fair enough. but whats the piont of getting that done when u can't fully enjoy it?! and what the piont of a sedan when u can't have people sit in it?
thats what made me do it as soon as i got my rims

cracker
30-11-2007, 03:27 PM
hmm wahts the largest width we can put on fd1's? wheels

amurray
30-11-2007, 03:40 PM
9.5 or rear 8.5 on front.

cracker
30-11-2007, 09:01 PM
i saw a fd2/fd1 at north sydney tonight it had a mugen spoiler and a grille too, whoever that was...it was a nice car....also i saw this really riced up fd1 and he replaced him vti-l/sport badge with a mugen badge and had all these mugen stickers on it...it looked nice too......i love you all.

markCivicVti
30-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Well.. I'd just like to share... my first mod for my fd is:

I got my new FD1 today! Yay. Absolutely love the car. The power that lil r18 spits out is quite good given the cars weight. (I just couldn't help myself... had to 'bump' the revs up to 6k+.. once or twice)

All I can say is wow... love it to bits.

JaCe
30-11-2007, 11:56 PM
i saw a fd2/fd1 at north sydney tonight it had a mugen spoiler and a grille too, whoever that was...it was a nice car....

roflmao i think that may have been me (was it black?) >__>

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8397/img0733copyqr5.th.jpg (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0733copyqr5.jpg) http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6632/img0724copyux6.th.jpg (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0724copyux6.jpg) http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6527/img0740copyno6.th.jpg (http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0740copyno6.jpg) http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/4546/img0729copyly6.th.jpg (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0729copyly6.jpg) http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3310/img0160largehe9.th.jpg (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0160largehe9.jpg)

I got my new FD1 today! Yay. Absolutely love the car. The power that lil r18 spits out is quite good given the cars weight. (I just couldn't help myself... had to 'bump' the revs up to 6k+.. once or twice)

LOL Congrats mate. It's a little beaut but don't kill the engine just yet.. let it run-in a bit before you go thrashing. That being said I do know how hard it is to resist that redline! Not sure what your first mod is though :S

Joele
01-12-2007, 06:12 AM

at last... :thumbsup:

P.S. I thought I was bad, at least I held out until 600km till I got the revs up like that... LOL

Shimian
01-12-2007, 07:05 AM

hooray for mark. LOL, you always complain about how you dont have ur FD yet. Prepare to spend another $10k for mods :thumbsup:

DropBear
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM

Woohoo!!! The saga finally comes to a close - I'm stoked you finally have her in your possession, it seems like you've been waiting all year!

Glad you enjoy the FD1, it only gets better from here :cool:

Frost_FD
01-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Congrats, FD1 was actually my second choice of car, i really wanted the TypeS but couldnt afford it in the end.

But i actually enjoy owning a FD and last night i drove around the city with my chromies damn people stared =)

I got my FD Feb 23 06 first day out

wilzee
01-12-2007, 09:14 AM

Congrats mate!! FYI, 10 months into having this car, I still love it. Nothing like a brand spanking new car!

Jo_e
01-12-2007, 01:44 PM
i saw a fd2/fd1 at north sydney tonight it had a mugen spoiler and a grille too, whoever that was...it was a nice car....also i saw this really riced up fd1 and he replaced him vti-l/sport badge with a mugen badge and had all these mugen stickers on it...it looked nice too......i love you all.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THAT WAS US JACE!!!!! I think he was referring to ur one with the riced up badges! XD
Was it a white and black one?? and there was a yellow intergra type R too outside. it was my bday dinner @ north sydney. lol

Btw congrats to ,mark who finally has his civic! =D

cracker
01-12-2007, 02:17 PM
twas black...it felt good seeing another ozhonda member on the streets...it felt damn good!

Frost_FD
01-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi guys, i just got back on a cruise here are some photos