PDA

View Full Version : Your Mods To 2006-2011 FD Civics

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

Honda_FD
24-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Yeah could just be a wrong/default pic.

I've tried

ASR -$350 pair
D2 - $165-200 each
Silvers $250 pair

Trying to not waste money since I wanna sell.

What did you need them for? if you dont mind me asking

DuffyFD
24-04-2013, 04:56 PM
What did you need them for? if you dont mind me asking

I'm using stock one's (since my Cusco's don't come with the top plates) and on the drivers side the mount has been loose and is partially separated. I think this is because I installed it with the bolts in the wrong holes at one point. I corrected it but since I'm anal like that I want to replace it - preferably with aftermarket camber adjustable (since they're cooler)

Honda_FD
24-04-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm using stock one's (since my Cusco's don't come with the top plates) and on the drivers side the mount has been loose and is partially separated. I think this is because I installed it with the bolts in the wrong holes at one point. I corrected it but since I'm anal like that I want to replace it - preferably with aftermarket camber adjustable (since they're cooler)

Haha i see i see try asking this guy. Hes located in melbourne but he does free shipping for most products.
http://www.garasiauto.com/ Im about to buy BC BR coilovers off him. and he quoted me $150 a pair of camber top
for OzHonda members

lolmclol
24-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Yeah could just be a wrong/default pic.

I've tried

ASR -$350 pair
D2 - $165-200 each
Silvers $250 pair

Trying to not waste money since I wanna sell.

http://www.hondapartsdirect.com/parts-catalog/honda/civic/2011/4dr-si/ka6mt/chassis/front-shock-absorber

Honda_FD
24-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Does anyone have FD mudflaps for sale?
The wreckers in Melbourne quoted me for $40 each :(

lolmclol
24-04-2013, 09:43 PM
Does anyone have FD mudflaps for sale?
The wreckers in Melbourne quoted me for $40 each :(

Dealership is I think $80 for the set.

Honda_FD
24-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Dealership is I think $80 for the set.

I asked a few dealerships and they quoted me $55-$60 each

curtis265
24-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I asked a few dealerships and they quoted me $55-$60 each

even better

Mr Abzii
25-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Has anyone here had any experiences with Varex mufflers?
Im looking at investing in one but im not sure what the car will sound like.
Im scared its gunna sound like a giant fart :(

FD2 with Buddyclub Headers, 3 inch Mid Pipe, Oval Varex Muffler, Kakimoto Tip
Deep sound at low - medium throttle, high pitched and extremely loud at WOT. However close to stock sound with valve closed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVO3s-7E6zw&feature=youtu.be

xenonkuraz
25-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Get a magnaflow, nice deep note when foot down but quiet on idle

Honda_FD
25-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Get a magnaflow, nice deep note when foot down but quiet on idle

My friend has a Magnaflow. Sound nice and all but i dont want to copy him.
Its like a littler experiment. But i like that i have an option of opening and closing the exhaust when i need to.
My friend drives a White Stanced CU2 Accord with black TE37 in our area. You might have seen him a few times

Deep sound at low - medium throttle, high pitched and extremely loud at WOT. However close to stock sound with valve closed.

Sounds alright. I like it. My wont be as loud though cause its only an Axel back. . . .
. . . For now :)

SharkChu
27-04-2013, 09:45 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civic-FD-06-08-4-Dr-Sedan-Projector-HeadLights-CHROME-Head-Lights-PAIR-/390531316371?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aed7afa93

Is there any difference between 06-08 with 09-11, headlight compartment?

Wonder if I could get this for my FD11

lolmclol
27-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Gross and I'm sure there is no difference.

curtis265
28-04-2013, 03:22 PM

nice sound, very angry

and nice badging

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Honda-Civic-FD-06-08-4-Dr-Sedan-Projector-HeadLights-CHROME-Head-Lights-PAIR-/390531316371?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aed7afa93

Is there any difference between 06-08 with 09-11, headlight compartment?

Wonder if I could get this for my FD11

i think it would fit.... but IMO they look terribly and make the car look tacky

my 2c

kikimushroom
28-04-2013, 07:59 PM
My friend has a Magnaflow. Sound nice and all but i dont want to copy him.
Its like a littler experiment. But i like that i have an option of opening and closing the exhaust when i need to.
My friend drives a White Stanced CU2 Accord with black TE37 in our area. You might have seen him a few times

you in west side?

Honda_FD
28-04-2013, 08:17 PM
you in west side?

Yup :) Im guessing you are aswell?

SharkChu
28-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Mugen grille or oem chrome grille? with a Mugen face-lift lip kit.

Thoughts?

Kit coming from painters this week! Unsure about the grille !

Honda_FD
28-04-2013, 11:57 PM

Thoughts?

I personally dont like them but I've seen some thats looked nice depending on your setup.
But i personally wouldnt use it

lolmclol
29-04-2013, 09:56 AM

Thoughts?

If you get the grille, get the genuine mugen one as its more square and matches the OEM front bumper, most of the replicas I've seen are rounded and really don't look as good.

hamham1748
29-04-2013, 02:24 PM
guys im having problem with my high mount brake light for my fd civic (cant find where to get the bulb socket), any1 have any clue where i can get those socket from? im from melb area, cheers

kikimushroom
29-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Yup :) Im guessing you are aswell?

yeah :) havent seen your car around though

lolmclol
29-04-2013, 03:29 PM
guys im having problem with my high mount brake light for my fd civic (cant find where to get the bulb socket), any1 have any clue where i can get those socket from? im from melb area, cheers

3rd brake light which is behind the rear windshield?

Honda_FD
29-04-2013, 06:14 PM
yeah :) havent seen your car around though

Ohhh what does yours look like?

Mines a Grey one with CL7 wheels thats been powder coated in Gunmetal
and nothing els too special

hamham1748
29-04-2013, 08:36 PM
yes thats the one

hamham1748
29-04-2013, 08:37 PM
3rd brake light which is behind the rear windshield?

yes lolmclol

Honda_FD
29-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Nice exhaust. But i didnt end up getting mine :(
Saw REALLY cheap parts and couldnt resists.
Where did you get your Beaks Tie bar? and how much was it? if you dont mind me asking

black8thgen
29-04-2013, 09:05 PM
in regard to beaks tie bar - if your car is low, do NOT get it lol... or you will lose parts of it on speed humps and driveways etc

Honda_FD
29-04-2013, 09:11 PM
in regard to beaks tie bar - if your car is low, do NOT get it lol... or you will lose parts of it on speed humps and driveways etc

LOLLL I dunno why but i actually laughed at your comment :)
I wanna get something at the rear just for some bling bling. What about aftermarket Lower Control arms?

black8thgen
29-04-2013, 10:44 PM
if your car is low, chances are no one can see it unless theyre far behind you, and chances are, well... it is certain that you'll never see it unless you purposely look underneath haha. I reckon, if you're going to do anything underneath the car, make sure it actually assists with the handling of the car in a significant manner (ie, NOT a beaks tie bar which does next to nothing in increasing rigidity)

just my 2c after wasting money on a beaks and other bling things that just ended up getting demolished by the concrete :(...

JOhnnyFD
30-04-2013, 12:22 AM
i like the bling.. it shows the car behind me whos boss.... jokess

Mr Abzii
30-04-2013, 01:35 AM
i like the bling.. it shows the car behind me whos boss.... jokess

Too true JOhnnyFD, lol.

I got my beaks bar from JDMyard for $165, Also my car is lowered by 1.5 inches and I haven't had any trouble so far with the beaks bar contacting the ground...

http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=49

Honda_FD
30-04-2013, 11:45 AM
if your car is low, chances are no one can see it unless theyre far behind you, and chances are, well... it is certain that you'll never see it unless you purposely look underneath haha. I reckon, if you're going to do anything underneath the car, make sure it actually assists with the handling of the car in a significant manner (ie, NOT a beaks tie bar which does next to nothing in increasing rigidity)

just my 2c after wasting money on a beaks and other bling things that just ended up getting demolished by the concrete :(...

What about Lower Control arms? Im having trouble finding some though :(

DuffyFD
30-04-2013, 11:49 AM
What about Lower Control arms? Im having trouble finding some though :(

Closest you'll find.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BC-02-BJP1-H003&Category_Code=Honda_FG_Suspension

Honda_FD
30-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Closest you'll find.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BC-02-BJP1-H003&Category_Code=Honda_FG_Suspension

Ewww. . . Did i mention. I went to a wrecker yesterday and i found a smashed FD.
Looked underneath it and found Buddy Club P1 Rear Camber Arms. Got it for $200. Looks brand new. Not dirty or scratched at all

DuffyFD
30-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Ewww. . . Did i mention. I went to a wrecker yesterday and i found a smashed FD.
Looked underneath it and found Buddy Club P1 Rear Camber Arms. Got it for $200. Looks brand new. Not dirty or scratched at all

Winning !

black8thgen
30-04-2013, 12:19 PM
whoa thats some serious win lol good scouring skills!

jprak
30-04-2013, 12:33 PM
^ lol **** makes me wanna go and have a look now XD

curtis265
30-04-2013, 01:44 PM
keep in mind that aftermarket arms are usually a lot softer than their OEM cousins.

Stevil
30-04-2013, 04:11 PM
yep and the bushes in alot of these aftermarket arms may not be as good as oem arms !

Honda_FD
30-04-2013, 04:29 PM
keep in mind that aftermarket arms are usually a lot softer than their OEM cousins.

yep and the bushes in alot of these aftermarket arms may not be as good as oem arms !

Oh okay then. I'll get bling bling somewhere els.

DuffyFD
30-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Oh okay then. I'll get bling bling somewhere els.

Don't let them put you off.

Good Purch bro!

curtis265
30-04-2013, 04:46 PM
nah nah by all means go for it, but you're definitely not buying something solid

Honda_FD
30-04-2013, 05:32 PM
Don't let them put you off.

Good Purch bro!

nah nah by all means go for it, but you're definitely not buying something solid

Its not that. You guys are obviously more experienced than me. So if those parts are useless ill invest in something worth it

DuffyFD
30-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Got pics? Do you know the brand?

EKVTIR-T
30-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Its not that. You guys are obviously more experienced than me. So if those parts are useless ill invest in something worth itBest to study the funcction and philosophy of something before spending the monieyz

dont just follow what some random on here says,learn for yourself :)

curtis265
30-04-2013, 08:43 PM
agree with above whole heartedly

Its not that. You guys are obviously more experienced than me. So if those parts are useless ill invest in something worth it

you could argue that all parts are useless.

do some thinking nad try to understand what each part does as well as whether or not you truly want it

or you'll end up with a car that's neither here nor there with looks that u get sick of regularly

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/socrates-statue-academy-athens-greece-14304443.jpg

black8thgen
30-04-2013, 08:57 PM
agree with above whole heartedly

you could argue that all parts are useless.

do some thinking nad try to understand what each part does as well as whether or not you truly want it

or you'll end up with a car that's neither here nor there with looks that u get sick of regularly

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/socrates-statue-academy-athens-greece-14304443.jpg

Too true. Too true. +1.

Honda_FD
30-04-2013, 11:08 PM
I know what you guys mean. Thanks for the Help/Advice though.
I think ill just get some sway bars and a strut bar and improve on handling.

Does anyone know where i can get the front top strut bar that goes straight across? I dont like the V one

P.S. Sorry if i keep asking and saying dumb things. Im still learning about about the car

black8thgen
30-04-2013, 11:52 PM
ultra racing front strut i had was okay - but tbh you feel the most difference with a sway bar (well i did anyway - and i had rear under brace and front under brace as well). All my stuff was from ultra racing btw. Also, the front strut for the civic goes under the black plastic covering that is just beneath where the wind shield wipers sit. Keep in mind that stiffening up the rear more than the front will generally (I believe) induce better turn-in.

But when doing all of these suspension mods - learn from my mistakes and do them one by one, i did things two at a time and couldn't really appreciate or feel the difference each part made on the handling dynamics of the car.

I know there's some bad reviews out there for ultra racing but they were good to me. Shift performance is an authorised distributor i believe (well they were back a couple years anyway). However.. just saw you're in melb... not sure who in melb locally will be able to get UR stuff in but im sure there will be heaps!

Stevil
01-05-2013, 07:40 AM
Black8gen is on the money ! front strut bar for the fd's is only bling, our strut tower is closer to the firewall than most cars and already offer enough rigidity. The rear sway bar is by far the best mod which will result in a shit load less body roll during cornering. It also aids braking and also acceleration. In the wet it allow more of your tyres to contact the road. Cusco make a great rear bar.

underbody bracing I wouldnt recommend unless you want to go hard at the race track. the FD has a fairly large light weight body and both front and rear bracing do help some of the twisting force generated at the track. If your car is lowered, on the street they scrap and bang getting out of Westfield's and everywhere else you'll need to slow right down at speed humps.

DuffyFD
01-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Does anyone know where i can get the front top strut bar that goes straight across? I dont like the V one

P.S. Sorry if i keep asking and saying dumb things. Im still learning about about the car

Spend the money and buy the front and rear sway bar pack (Cusco front and rear sway bars + Hardrace endlinks) that's up for sale here from EGB.

That's top quality brands for something that will transform the way your car corners.

black8thgen
01-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Yep! the gear from EGB is quality shit. All you'll need. Also, Stevil is correct - under body bracing is not as effective In terms of bang for buck for our FDs as compared to sway bars. And yeah when I had them on I was like sea-sawing over big bumps and Westfield ramps lol it's ridiculous I do not recommend it if you're low

curtis265
01-05-2013, 09:41 AM

we all gotta start somewhere mun

cannot recommend sway bars enough

Honda_FD
01-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Spend the money and buy the front and rear sway bar pack (Cusco front and rear sway bars + Hardrace endlinks) that's up for sale here from EGB.

That's top quality brands for something that will transform the way your car corners.

Yep! the gear from EGB is quality shit. All you'll need. Also, Stevil is correct - under body bracing is not as effective In terms of bang for buck for our FDs as compared to sway bars. And yeah when I had them on I was like sea-sawing over big bumps and Westfield ramps lol it's ridiculous I do not recommend it if you're low

I just saw his ad and im SO tempted to buy it all haha
But the sway bars are going have to wait. As i am a full time student and not a very good income. On top of that
my Mid year school fees are coming in a few months and its going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Does the corsport rear brace help? I think I'll get that first and then the sway bars after my school fees.
Not a big fan of the V strut brace. I dont mind if people cant see the one that goes stright over or not.

black8thgen
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
The rear brace will help a little but again, probably better to save that money towards sway bar funds. Just more worth it. And the front strut you don't really need at all is what Stevil was probably trying to get at. It barely adds any rigidity to the front end based on the design of the FD chassis.

Also... I feel ur full time student pain hahha sucks hey have to put off car parts for uni :(

Honda_FD
01-05-2013, 05:54 PM
The rear brace will help a little but again, probably better to save that money towards sway bar funds. Just more worth it. And the front strut you don't really need at all is what Stevil was probably trying to get at. It barely adds any rigidity to the front end based on the design of the FD chassis.

Also... I feel ur full time student pain hahha sucks hey have to put off car parts for uni :(

Okay. It'll be like a good 2-3 months before i can get the sway bars though.
How much are these brandnew?

It says on EG8's ad that the sway bars are Pick Up Only. Other items can be shipped

kikimushroom
01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Ohhh what does yours look like?

Mines a Grey one with CL7 wheels thats been powder coated in Gunmetal
and nothing els too special

Mines a black fd2, stock as a rock without any badges LOL, my type r body kit is just sitting in my garage. Still saving up money to get it painted.

Honda_FD
01-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Mines a black fd2, stock as a rock without any badges LOL, my type r body kit is just sitting in my garage. Still saving up money to get it painted.

Lol nicee.. How much did you pay for the Type R kit? If you dont mind me asking.
And where did you get it?
Do you need new guards to put the front on? Some people told me you have to with Genuine JDM Type R front. not sure about replicas

kikimushroom
01-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Lol nicee.. How much did you pay for the Type R kit? If you dont mind me asking.
And where did you get it?
Do you need new guards to put the front on? Some people told me you have to with Genuine JDM Type R front. not sure about replicas

I got my full kit for 950 posted to Melbourne from jdmyard at the end of year sale. From what Johnnyfd has told me, i just need to trim my reinforcement bar for the replica bumper to fit

JOhnnyFD
01-05-2013, 09:28 PM
don't need guards and replica fits

Harricade
02-05-2013, 03:12 AM

What and where is this egb you speak of? Ive searched and look and i swear i must be blind.

DuffyFD
02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?171078-Price-drop-fd2r-parts-damn-cheap

Honda_FD
02-05-2013, 11:07 AM
I've put some wheels up to help me get closer to the Sway bars haha
Anyone interested or has a friend please let me know. So keen on them sway bars

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?174613-Gunmetal-Accord-Euro-Sports-Lux-Wheels

hamham1748
02-05-2013, 11:18 AM
I got my full kit for 950 posted to Melbourne from jdmyard at the end of year sale. From what Johnnyfd has told me, i just need to trim my reinforcement bar for the replica bumper to fit

kikimush, still havnt got ur bodykit fitted? i've done mine few months ago =p

kikimushroom
02-05-2013, 11:30 AM
kikimush, still havnt got ur bodykit fitted? i've done mine few months ago =p

Yeah i got low income ):

Harricade
02-05-2013, 12:13 PM
Okay. It'll be like a good 2-3 months before i can get the sway bars though.
How much are these brandnew?

It says on EG8's ad that the sway bars are Pick Up Only. Other items can be shipped

I've found a cheaper alternative as Im also intrigued at the apparent massive benefits with the sway bars.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ULTRA-RACING-25mm-Front-Anti-Roll-Bar-for-Honda-Civic-FD-06-11-UR-AR25-077-/170770590045?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c2b8695d

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-FD-ULTRA-RACING-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-STRUT-BAR-16MM-UR-AR16-053-/170724697328?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bffc24f0
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-FD-ULTRA-RACING-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-BAR-19-MM-UR-AR19-064-/170721980878?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bfd2b1ce

BTW, I've already got the rear strut bar, for $114, the benefit is pretty noticeable.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-FD-REAR-LOWER-ULTRA-RACING-STRUT-BAR-2-POINTS-UR-RL2-938-/280777600114?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415fa62c72

Guys, Ive noticed the rear sway bars come in different size, 19mm/16mm, Im presuming the thicker it is the stiffer it'll be= less swaying?
I know Cusco is a reputable brand. But recommend Ultra Racing?

For a 25mm Front sway bar + 19mm Rear sway bar = just under $600 inc shipping. Might get this over new rims for now.

Honda_FD
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I've found a cheaper alternative as Im also intrigued at the apparent massive benefits with the sway bars.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ULTRA-RACING-25mm-Front-Anti-Roll-Bar-for-Honda-Civic-FD-06-11-UR-AR25-077-/170770590045?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c2b8695d

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-FD-ULTRA-RACING-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-STRUT-BAR-16MM-UR-AR16-053-/170724697328?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bffc24f0
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-FD-ULTRA-RACING-REAR-ANTI-ROLL-BAR-19-MM-UR-AR19-064-/170721980878?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bfd2b1ce

BTW, I've already got the rear strut bar, for $114, the benefit is pretty noticeable.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-FD-REAR-LOWER-ULTRA-RACING-STRUT-BAR-2-POINTS-UR-RL2-938-/280777600114?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415fa62c72

Guys, Ive noticed the rear sway bars come in different size, 19mm/16mm, Im presuming the thicker it is the stiffer it'll be= less swaying?

For a 25mm Front sway bar + 19mm Rear sway bar = just under $600 inc shipping. Might get this over new rims for now.

Nicee thanks for the links. The Ultra race sway bars are $290, im guessing the front will be similar price. might aswell get EG8's one.
His one has HardRace endlinks aswell. Might aswell help out a fellow OzHonda Member

Harricade
02-05-2013, 01:31 PM

Geez, how hard is it to get a +1 Quality post? =P

DuffyFD
02-05-2013, 02:13 PM
I went to

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Harricade again.

Keep posting and you'll get moar.

black8thgen
02-05-2013, 02:17 PM
+1 =D. good info

Harricade
02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I actually have no idea what that translates to, it might as well have been-

You must spread some STI's around before giving it to Harricade again.

=P
Ill keep on posting... =)

Stevil
02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Righto from memory the stock RSB was only 11 or 12mm, its almost useless ! At the time I couldnt afford a cusco rear bar so I went and got a custom solid 18mm rear bar made up ($200 fitted), and it should always be the first bar you do, as it gives the most benefit. I run a cusco 29mm bar up front and the two upgraded bars together work well. Upgraded endlinks are a bonus and if I'd was in need of bars I throw EGB an offer.

I've driven on the racetrack with the Cusco FSB on and then drove later without it and the handling diff was noticable. So fella Sway bar first, then Coilovers, then struts and then big bloody TURBO !! lol

curtis265
02-05-2013, 03:27 PM

Ultra racing is good stuff. If you're in and out of malaysia regularly, get them there.

and yes get a big fat sway bar. I dunno what's ideal on an FD though...

Just be careful, too stiff can be an issue.

curtis265
02-05-2013, 03:30 PM

btw, don't forget about roll coupling, the stiffer end will slide first at the limits

generally people will put a fat rear sway bar and a skinnier front one to neutralise the understeer characteristics of a stock car

DuffyFD
02-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Just be careful, too stiff can be an issue.

Look on the US forums. Corsports (USA Seller) actually sells a metal plate that takes stress off where the RSB connects, as many people using thicker RSB were tearing the mounting on the chassis.

btw, don't forget about roll coupling, the stiffer end will slide first at the limits

generally people will put a fat rear sway bar and a skinnier front one to neutralise the understeer characteristics of a stock car

Also remember that a stiff rear and softer front means your car is more prone to oversteer (the ass coming out around a corner).

They're made soft as stock for a reason as understeer is safer than oversteer (in a FWD).

curtis265
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
^was referring more to the lack of independance between the wheels as opposed to the failure of the mountings

Also Harry, you need to be a member for 90 days as well as get that PQ. You've definitely got one as you've got 2 green rape blocks now.

Honda_FD
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
GREAT..!! My HKS Hipermax Coilover lost all the gas inside the rear shock somehow.. Now it lost all its pressure :(

curtis265
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
was a Hong Kong Special lol

JOhnnyFD
02-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Look on the US forums. Corsports (USA Seller) actually sells a metal plate that takes stress off where the RSB connects, as many people using thicker RSB were tearing the mounting on the chassis.

I've had that problem.. the cusco RSB is 23mm thick.. i hit the rear wheel on a curb turning going around 30km/h and the endlink connecting to the lower controller arm ripped off.. had to totally replace the lower controller arm as u can't weld it back.. and bought that metal plate from Corsports to reinforce it so it wont rip off again.. and better yet dont hit the curb on the rear wheels

JOhnnyFD
02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
great..!! My hks hipermax coilover lost all the gas inside the rear shock somehow.. Now it lost all its pressure :(

moar low ftw

Honda_FD
02-05-2013, 06:12 PM
moar low ftw

Hehe its under warranty anyways. Either they repair it (Hope they do) or i get a full refund

DuffyFD
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
refund and buy better :)

curtis265
02-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I've had that problem.. the cusco RSB is 23mm thick.. i hit the rear wheel on a curb turning going around 30km/h and the endlink connecting to the lower controller arm ripped off.. had to totally replace the lower controller arm as u can't weld it back.. and bought that metal plate from Corsports to reinforce it so it wont rip off again.. and better yet dont hit the curb on the rear wheels

lol. FD's weren't made to be racecars it seems

hamham1748
02-05-2013, 07:38 PM
do we need to buy all the bar? or maybe only need the front 1 will do? =p

Honda_FD
02-05-2013, 07:43 PM

I think if you have the front upgraded you will understeer more
Better to put one in the rear, And make the car over steer a little.

Not 100% sure though. Correct me if im wrong..

JOhnnyFD
02-05-2013, 07:46 PM

better get the RSB first. i think its more than enough.. then coilovers

Stevil
02-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Dunno Curtis, FD2 Type R all started with an FD1 and as we know

FD2R > EP3, DC5R and DC2R !!

envoytheguy
02-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Hey guys, finally got some new wheels on my FD!
To do (eventually!):
Side skirts
Type r rear bumper
Js racing exhaust
Js Racing lip & intake ducts
Mugen Type R grille
Rear camber arms

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6521/img3144t.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img198/3770/img3146.JPG
http://imageshack.us/a/img27/1514/img3151xi.jpg

Any thoughts? still deciding on Mugen side skirts or Type R side skirts to go with a js racing lip. Dont really like my red wheel nuts. Any suggestions?

Harricade
02-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Well, I've read in an old post that the oem endlinks wont be able to take the stress with the stiffer RSB. Thus an Aftermarket endlink is needed when upgrading the RSB.
Also, apparently the USDM Civic SI's can fit into the FD's for a reasonable price to if you can get away with cheap shipping.
PS:Black8thgen, this is from your time. lol

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?110823-Civic-Sport-FD2-Sway-Bar

Stevil
02-05-2013, 10:12 PM
R U Kiddin ! thats got to be one of the best lookin FD's Ive seen for a while

whats the specs rims and rubber ?

Harricade
02-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Hey guys, finally got some new wheels on my FD!
To do (eventually!):
Side skirts
Type r rear bumper
Js racing exhaust
Js Racing lip & intake ducts
Mugen Type R grille
Rear camber arms

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/6521/img3144t.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img198/3770/img3146.JPG
http://imageshack.us/a/img27/1514/img3151xi.jpg

Any thoughts? still deciding on Mugen side skirts or Type R side skirts to go with a js racing lip. Dont really like my red wheel nuts. Any suggestions?

Nice! What wheels are those? and fitment specs?

Type R hands down. I rkn the red nuts looks nice. Red+silver accent colours e.g honda badge.
If I could re pick my kit, it'd be a type r withs J's lip.

curtis265
02-05-2013, 10:18 PM

rear alone is the a very popular choice.

neutralises handling.

Dunno Curtis, FD2 Type R all started with an FD1 and as we know

FD2R > EP3, DC5R and DC2R !!

yes... once they completely redo all the welds in the chassis for additional stiffness

chunky
02-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Type R hands down. I rkn the red nuts looks nice. Red+silver accent colours e.g honda badge.

SSR Type F?
Looks fkn sick m8

JOhnnyFD
02-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Well, I've read in an old post that the oem endlinks wont be able to take the stress with the stiffer RSB. Thus an Aftermarket endlink is needed when upgrading the RSB.
Also, apparently the USDM Civic SI's can fit into the FD's for a reasonable price to if you can get away with cheap shipping.
PS:Black8thgen, this is from your time. lol

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?110823-Civic-Sport-FD2-Sway-Bar

the oem endlinks is fine.. its where the endlink connects to the lower controller arm that is weak.. the metal where the endlink is attached is thin and can break off from the lower controller arm if alot of extra stress is applied.. i had on the cusco 23mm RSB which is thicker and heavier than other RSB

hencanwa
02-05-2013, 11:19 PM
9+32 with 225?

Harricade
02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
the oem endlinks is fine.. its where the endlink connects to the lower controller arm that is weak.. the metal where the endlink is attached is thin and can break off from the lower controller arm if alot of extra stress is applied.. i had on the cusco 23mm RSB which is thicker and heavier than other RSB

Ah, ok.
So whats the solution around it w/o welding?
Id presume, a strut bar in the boot and maybe a 16/19mm RSB?

envoytheguy
02-05-2013, 11:43 PM
R U Kiddin ! thats got to be one of the best lookin FD's Ive seen for a while

whats the specs rims and rubber ?

Thanks man! SSR Type F rims. Front wheels on 225/40 and rears are on 215/40 for more clearance

Hahha yeah. I think the RR is a bit too common but yours looks awesome in white! I originally chose the red because of that exact reason but i think it stands out a bit too much for my liking,

SSR Type F?
Looks fkn sick m8

Thanks mate!

Wheels are SSR Type F silver 18x9 + 32! front and rear fenders rolled lowered on coilovers!

Honda_FD
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Thanks man! SSR Type F rims. Front wheels on 225/40 and rears are on 215/40 for more clearance

Thanks mate!

Wheels are SSR Type F silver 18x9 + 32! front and rear fenders rolled lowered on coilovers!

Woow! Nice car bro! One of the cleanest FD i have seen on this forum (No offence to others)
Do you have any trouble running 9" wide wheels? never seen 18x9+32 on an FD

JOhnnyFD
03-05-2013, 01:05 AM
Ah, ok.
So whats the solution around it w/o welding?
Id presume, a strut bar in the boot and maybe a 16/19mm RSB?

get smaller size RSB.. i havent heard problems with 16/19mm

if u do get cusco, try not to hit the rear wheels hard onto curbs and such.. other option is get the metal reinforcement plates (e.g Corsports USA) that reinforce the thin metal on the lower controller arm where the endlinks connects onto from the RSB

the oem endlink itself is fine, its got a small rubber 'CV boot' what has fluid in it which makes it flexible to move

so in my case, i hit the rear wheel on the passenger side on a curb when turning left and it was pretty hard.. with that hit, the force on the left rear wheel went across the RSB and broke the metal connected to the endlink off the lower controller arm on the right hand size (driver side)... i noticed it when everytime i turned, i would hear a clunk at the rear wheels and saw that the endlink would be hitting the controller arm... and yes with the endlink not connected, i notice a difference when turning.. understeer

Harricade
03-05-2013, 01:19 AM

Hahha yeah. I think the RR is a bit too common but yours looks awesome in white! I originally chose the red because of that exact reason but i think it stands out a bit too much for my liking,

Thanks mate!

Yeah but because you have a clean black ride. Your wheels are the focal point, the balance between the cleanliness of the body with the semi-loud wheels is good. In my opinion, if you silver dipped the top part of the grill would make the balance perfect.
Soz, graphic design expertise popping up. lol =P

get smaller size RSB.. i havent heard problems with 16/19mm

if u do get cusco, try not to hit the rear wheels hard onto curbs and such.. other option is get the metal reinforcement plates (e.g Corsports USA) that reinforce the thin metal on the lower controller arm where the endlinks connects onto from the RSB

the oem endlink itself is fine, its got a small rubber 'CV boot' what has fluid in it which makes it flexible to move

so in my case, i hit the rear wheel on the passenger side on a curb when turning left and it was pretty hard.. with that hit, the force on the left rear wheel went across the RSB and broke the metal connected to the endlink off the lower controller arm on the right hand size (driver side)... i noticed it when everytime i turned, i would hear a clunk at the rear wheels and saw that the endlink would be hitting the controller arm... and yes with the endlink not connected, i notice a difference when turning.. understeer

+1 Rep.
Sounds good, no need to look for Aftermarket Endlinks then, Will prob just get the 19mm RSB (Less hassle).
Ill skip the FSB, as I would like a tad more oversteer to balance out the steering of the front & back.

Maybe invest in a Rear top Strut brace (Corsport/ or just a Ultra Racing)

Seriously, what would I do w/o you guys! =)

hamham1748
03-05-2013, 09:58 AM
hi guys asking some dumb questions again, which K&N air filter does honda civic FD sport 2006 used? cant find much info, FD is not Si mode right?

curtis265
03-05-2013, 10:10 AM
+1 Rep.
Sounds good, no need to look for Aftermarket Endlinks then, Will prob just get the 19mm RSB (Less hassle).
Ill skip the FSB, as I would like a tad more oversteer to balance out the steering of the front & back.

Maybe invest in a Rear top Strut brace (Corsport/ or just a Ultra Racing)

Seriously, what would I do w/o you guys! =)

What's the stock RSB size? 19 seems small for an aftermarket

JOhnnyFD
03-05-2013, 11:37 AM
stock RSB is 11mm, its a twig.. 19mm is aiight.. u dont want to risk the hassle of cusco 23mm unless u have additional support on the endlinks for peace of mind

Stevil
03-05-2013, 11:53 AM
My 18mm RSB is 700% stiffer the oem 11mm rsb, 19mm Cusco or whatever make is perfect. FD's arent a heavy car. The 23mm would be alright but endlinks and extra re inforcing would be wise.

curtis265
03-05-2013, 11:58 AM
stock RSB is 11mm, its a twig.. 19mm is aiight.. u dont want to risk the hassle of cusco 23mm unless u have additional support on the endlinks for peace of mind

oh shit okay 11-19 is a huge increase as it is, didn't realise this.

My 18mm RSB is 700% stiffer the oem 11mm rsb, 19mm Cusco or whatever make is perfect. FD's arent a heavy car. The 23mm would be alright but endlinks and extra re inforcing would be wise.

700 is correct, somoene know;s what they're talkinga bout :P (assuming they're both solid)

EGB
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
No additional support plate is required on endlink to LCA. I ran Cusco Front and Rear 28mm and 23mm sway bars for over a year including 6+ track days and is fine, No Bends, No Stress Marks - and I can assure you the car went through the paces. Only addition I had was hard race endlinks.

Harricade
03-05-2013, 03:38 PM
oh shit okay 11-19 is a huge increase as it is, didn't realise this.

700 is correct, somoene know;s what they're talkinga bout :P (assuming they're both solid)

FD Stock sway bars are apprently hollow, si even a 16mm solid RSB is a massive upgrade. I think the cusco ones are overkill for my preference, as i dont plan on doing track days. But good to know it can handle the paces with 23mm bars EGB.

Honda_FD
03-05-2013, 03:41 PM
hi guys asking some dumb questions again, which K&N air filter does honda civic FD sport 2006 used? cant find much info, FD is not Si mode right?

The AUDM FD can use the USDM Civic Si' air intake system and vice versa.
Everything around the engine is same. they just have different internals/Head and computer.

Intake will fit fine

http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx?type=auto&year=2010&make=HONDA&model=Civic+Si&engine=2.0L

Why K&N Though?

DuffyFD
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
I have a genuine mugen drop-in filter spare if you're interestes pm me.

For fd1 (1.8L)

Harricade
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM

Ive read somewhere in the forum the k$n filter is neglible. As you can barely hear any difference in engine riar, if do, i think its just the placebo effect. Its coz of our enclosed airfilter which sorta works like a CAI. Better off using the moolah for a proper intake system. I too considered K&N, but not wirth the $60.

curtis265
03-05-2013, 11:22 PM
FD Stock sway bars are apprently hollow, si even a 16mm solid RSB is a massive upgrade. I think the cusco ones are overkill for my preference, as i dont plan on doing track days. But good to know it can handle the paces with 23mm bars EGB.

bigger isn't better for performance ,don't confuse that

if the left and right wheels are linked too rigidly, they don't have independance which can be harmful

Ive read somewhere in the forum the k$n filter is neglible. As you can barely hear any difference in engine riar, if do, i think its just the placebo effect. Its coz of our enclosed airfilter which sorta works like a CAI. Better off using the moolah for a proper intake system. I too considered K&N, but not wirth the $60.

it's negligible because I'd say taht in an intake design, the filter represents around what.. 10% of the total restriction? It's not a lot

Honda_FD
05-05-2013, 06:48 PM

I have a K&N Drop in filter for the Civic Sports 2.0L (K20Z2) and to be honest you cant really feel or hear the difference.
For $60 I'd rather buy a A3 Pod Filter (Best Air Flow Pod Filter Proven At AutoSalon. Beats K&N and other leading brands)
and do a homemade SRI. You will get a little bit of heat soak but if its only a street car you wont really know the difference.

Buy a airbox from your local wrecker and just hack it up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattclare/4664641525/

nicho
05-05-2013, 07:48 PM
what do you guys think of the fd with cr kais?

DuffyFD
05-05-2013, 08:49 PM
what do you guys think of the fd with cr kais?

Too many with weak offsets and sizes

black8thgen
05-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Too many with weak offsets and sizes

"You must spread some love around before giving it to DuffyFD again."

EDIT: man after looking at people's FDs lately... I'm finally starting to miss mine :(. Can't stop being a fan of the fd chassis! And being in an s2k as a daily is tiring work... the car is just so raw and you feel everything through the bum.

Harricade
05-05-2013, 10:45 PM

EDIT: man after looking at people's FDs lately... I'm finally starting to miss mine :(. Can't stop being a fan of the fd chassis! And being in an s2k as a daily is tiring work... the car is just so raw and you feel everything through the bum.

It's always greener on the other side. =P

black8thgen
05-05-2013, 10:47 PM
oh it sure is. But don't get me wrong.. still absolutely love driving the s2k!

curtis265
06-05-2013, 04:22 PM

this is the thing i love about it

and i'd never use it as a daily LOL

too much of a future classic

Done a skid in it yet? :P

black8thgen
06-05-2013, 05:24 PM
nah i respect the car too much at the moment haha... its bad enough as it is daily-ing a car that should not be used for daily duties :(... sydney roads + s2k = no go

JOhnnyFD
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
sydney roads = shiet

s2k be a weekend warrior

SharkChu
06-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Anyone know a retrofitter in sydney? I'm planning to buy from TRS, but I don't have much knowledge on the installation

curtis265
07-05-2013, 01:29 AM
what's a trs?

SharkChu
07-05-2013, 10:31 AM
what's a trs?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

something like that?

curtis265
07-05-2013, 10:40 AM
OH a projector retro

Good luck with that. I highly doubt there's any specialist stores around for that sorta thing as it's not big here.. but you never know.

Your best off buying a whole new headlight set from murica, getting a retro done then shipping it over

I want one too :(

hencanwa
07-05-2013, 07:21 PM
anyone selling their preface FD grill? Pm me thanks

Harricade
07-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Anyone know a retrofitter in sydney? I'm planning to buy from TRS, but I don't have much knowledge on the installation

Nah, none in au. As curtis said. Might be some specialist stores that do that in malasia n singapore. Definately seen one in singapore. But were talking custom job level. Like red led lights in the halo projectors, which is highly illegal here. I can dig up the website wen i get back home if ur really keen. To be honest, ud better off getting a 'projector' set of lights. Theres 2 new styles n 2 older styles ive seen. Have a look at the civic fd malaysia club on facebook.

SharkChu
07-05-2013, 10:45 PM
To be honest, ud better off getting a 'projector' set of lights. Theres 2 new styles n 2 older styles ive seen.

Which ones you referring to?

jprak
07-05-2013, 10:55 PM
hey guys, havent comment here in ages.

just some minor updates

http://s22.postimg.org/rvrl0ppa5/IMG_2855.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/rvrl0ppa5/)

BBS LM's 17x9 +35 all around. planning to reverse mount but decided to do it later.

gonna hint you guys what im getting tomorrow :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/544746_395559770466496_1747063554_n.jpg

EKVTIR-T
07-05-2013, 10:56 PM
^ Cusco seat rail braces?

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/images/Cusco_PB_CivicFD_SR.jpg

mocchi
07-05-2013, 10:57 PM
fd2r seats m8

jprak
07-05-2013, 11:00 PM
fd2r seats m8

^ Cusco seat rail braces?

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/images/Cusco_PB_CivicFD_SR.jpg

^ both wrong :L

will take pics tomorrow

the guy wanted to trade my evo seats + cash on top for the FD2R front seats

curtis265
08-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Nah, none in au. As curtis said. Might be some specialist stores that do that in malasia n singapore. Definately seen one in singapore. But were talking custom job level. Like red led lights in the halo projectors, which is highly illegal here. I can dig up the website wen i get back home if ur really keen. To be honest, ud better off getting a 'projector' set of lights. Theres 2 new styles n 2 older styles ive seen. Have a look at the civic fd malaysia club on facebook.

nup

still do it

ebay projectors are shithouse - they look like this
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9200/cutoff1.jpg

instead of this
http://www.clubcj.net/cached_images/1360051037_23_PB_4661_0.jpg

jprak.. i was looking at the rear seats no..?

jprak
08-05-2013, 01:45 AM
^ yeah rear seats and other stuff XD

*DAN*
08-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Hey guys, any suggested brake upgrades for the FD2? My rotors and pads are on the way out

curtis265
08-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Hey guys, any suggested brake upgrades for the FD2? My rotors and pads are on the way out

DC5R pads + calipers (rbrembos) + rotors are a direct fit I hear

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey Guys. Do you guys know what 17x8+40 front and rears will look like on the FD?
I saw these Blitz Type 01 Wheels for sale but i want something that is going to be Flush/poke
The offset seems a little high :(

Harricade
08-05-2013, 12:16 PM
nup

still do it

ebay projectors are shithouse - they look like this
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9200/cutoff1.jpg

instead of this
http://www.clubcj.net/cached_images/1360051037_23_PB_4661_0.jpg

jprak.. i was looking at the rear seats no..?

Holy shit, thats shockers. Ill take a pic of mine, dont think mine looks that bad.

just some minor updates

http://s22.postimg.org/rvrl0ppa5/IMG_2855.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/rvrl0ppa5/)

BBS LM's 17x9 +35 all around. planning to reverse mount but decided to do it later.

gonna hint you guys what im getting tomorrow :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/544746_395559770466496_1747063554_n.jpg

Is your fitment with camber? Coz I have no idea we could fit a 9 wide rim.
Door panel inserts? =P

Which ones you referring to?

http://www.thespeedline.us/servlet/Categories?category=HONDA+%2F+ACURA%3A05%2B+FD+CIV IC
Halos are no longer in stock last I checked.
and the place in SG I came across on the interwebz-
http://www.nightzconcepts.com.sg/products/6451-Honda-Civic-Devils-Eye-2.html

DC5R pads + calipers (rbrembos) + rotors are a direct fit I hear
Fkn win! Reccomend 2nd hand calipers+rotors?

nicho
08-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Hey Guys. Do you guys know what 17x8+40 front and rears will look like on the FD?
I saw these Blitz Type 01 Wheels for sale but i want something that is going to be Flush/poke

you can always invest in some spacers!

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
you can always invest in some spacers!

I'd prefer to do it once and do it right. I'll find a different rim them

EGB
08-05-2013, 01:53 PM

As said above, You will need JDM DC5R Brembos, Pads are same as R32/33/34 GTR brembo. S2000 300mm rotors and 3 mm spacer between rotor and hub to space rotor to centre of caliper.

700 for Caliper
200 Rotor
250 Pads
Spacer - Washers, or metal plate

Best combo you are ever gonna need.

I ran this setup.

SharkChu
08-05-2013, 02:43 PM
Question: Just had my mugen lip kit painted, and installed.

just realised, the paint isn't 100%.

The same colour code etc, but the lip is abit more darker, and the car itself , the paint is abit faded.

What can be done??

curtis265
08-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Question: Just had my mugen lip kit painted, and installed.

just realised, the paint isn't 100%.

The same colour code etc, but the lip is abit more darker, and the car itself , the paint is abit faded.

What can be done??

repaint it.

the only way to match correctly is to get a computer to analyse the colour and mix

however it can still mismatch if it's badly sprayed (in the case of metallics/pearls)

SharkChu
08-05-2013, 03:02 PM
repaint it.

the only way to match correctly is to get a computer to analyse the colour and mix

however it can still mismatch if it's badly sprayed (in the case of metallics/pearls)

I suppose I can't get the painter to repaint it for free. Lol, I'm low on cash now. Dammit.

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 03:18 PM
I suppose I can't get the painter to repaint it for free. Lol, I'm low on cash now. Dammit.

You should be able to get them to fix it. You have done nothing wrong and he didnt do his job right?
Go show them and they should be able to work something out. Im an Apprentice spraypainter and my boss
wouldnt even let something like that be sent out.

DuffyFD
08-05-2013, 03:19 PM
As said above, You will need JDM DC5R Brembos, Pads are same as R32/33/34 GTR brembo. S2000 300mm rotors and 3 mm spacer between rotor and hub to space rotor to centre of caliper.

700 for Caliper
200 Rotor
250 Pads

I ran this setup.

Such a wealth of knowledge!

Baygon
08-05-2013, 03:34 PM

just some minor updates

That's f***ing nice bro! So thats where the guy's BBS went!

Baygon
08-05-2013, 03:35 PM

No poke whatsoever, you need around +35 or less offset for it to poke i believe. As above stated spacers are a good investment. I got a set of 15mm bolt ons for sale if youre interested.

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 03:46 PM
No poke whatsoever. As above stated spacers are a good investment. I got a set of 15mm bolt ons for sale if youre interested.

How much for your spacers?
I found a nice set of Work Meisters for sale at a really nice price. 17x8+35
all around

SharkChu
08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
You should be able to get them to fix it. You have done nothing wrong and he didnt do his job right?
Go show them and they should be able to work something out. Im an Apprentice spraypainter and my boss

How would they fix it? Strip and repaint? Or just repaint on top, I guess I'll go ask. =/ Or hope that over time the colour will even out? ahah.

Well when he was installing it for me, he found that my left rear shocks were leaking, surprisingly since its only been 2 years exactly when I got the car new.

Getting serviced on friday, hope they dont charge an arm and a leg for new shocks.

jprak
08-05-2013, 04:58 PM
hey guys, after 3hrs of working on trying to fit them in and all.

got Type R rear seats with door trims w/ switches and all.

pics will be uploaded later as i still got my stuff in it.

curtis265
08-05-2013, 05:15 PM
How would they fix it? Strip and repaint? Or just repaint on top, I guess I'll go ask. =/ Or hope that over time the colour will even out? ahah.

Well when he was installing it for me, he found that my left rear shocks were leaking, surprisingly since its only been 2 years exactly when I got the car new.

Getting serviced on friday, hope they dont charge an arm and a leg for new shocks.

sand back a bit then paint over.

your shock should be covered under warranty.

Baygon
08-05-2013, 05:35 PM
hey guys, after 3hrs of working on trying to fit them in and all.

got Type R rear seats with door trims w/ switches and all.

pics will be uploaded later as i still got my stuff in it.

The FN2R?

jprak
08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
The FN2R?

FD2R interior with trims

kikimushroom
08-05-2013, 08:35 PM

ooo where at?

black8thgen
08-05-2013, 09:06 PM
How much for your spacers?
I found a nice set of Work Meisters for sale at a really nice price. 17x8+35
all around

17x8 +35 will be too weak. It will look pretty shitty.

Question for you - are your guards rolled? You'll need a flat roll to get some 'flush' fitting rims.

I suggest if you want 'flush' but no hassle with guards and fender work... 17x9 and around 30 offset I reckon is where to be at.. with a 215/45 or 225/45 tyre should be okay with guards rolled flat and a touch of neg camber. Only thing with this is that not many jap rims come in that width and offset... It will mainly be like 17x9 +35 or above.

I personally would rather get the set of rims to be the specs I want, and not run spacers but heaps of ppl here have run spacers and loved it

Harricade
08-05-2013, 09:19 PM
FD2R interior with trims
Awww, spolied the suprise. =P

700 for Caliper
200 Rotor
250 Pads

I ran this setup.

+1 Rep

Question for you - are your guards rolled? You'll need a flat roll to get some 'flush' fitting rims.

I suggest if you want 'flush' but no hassle with guards and fender work... 17x9 and around 30 offset I reckon is where to be at.. with a 215/45 or 225/45 tyre should be okay with guards rolled flat and a touch of neg camber. Only thing with this is that not many jap rims come in that width and offset... It will mainly be like 17x9 +35 or above.

I personally would rather get the set of rims to be the specs I want, and not run spacers but heaps of ppl here have run spacers and loved it

I just calculated that offset for 17x9 +30 which equates to +40mm outward. So we have 40mm before were on the fender when not rolled?
and rolling the fenders, is it true we wont be able to clip on our wheel arches anymore? Coz we cant use the clips connecting them to the guard?

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 09:29 PM

No body work has been done to the car. I only asked cause i found some really cheap and good condition Work Meisters for sale and thats the specs on them

DuffyFD
08-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Poking with 17x9 +12 front and just tucking in rear with 17x9+22 rolled and a little flared guards

EKVTIR-T
08-05-2013, 09:57 PM
No body work has been done to the car. I only asked cause i found some really cheap and good condition Work Meisters for sale and thats the specs on themits worth it if the meister is good price

prefer to run weaker meister than cheapo wheels that are flush lol

black8thgen
08-05-2013, 10:03 PM
17x9 +30 will probably poke a little depending on tyre choice if you're at stock height. you need the neg camber to neatly get it tuck underneath the guards

and yeah if you roll flat on the fronts you'll have to cut the guard lining up probably. Rears will be fine

And to above^: yeah for sure.. quality over anything.. or you could just wait it out and keep saving for that perfect set of wheels.

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 10:13 PM
ooo where at?

I used to work at Ideal Body Repairs in Richmond. Quit now. Going back to tafe

17x9 +30 will probably poke a little depending on tyre choice if you're at stock height. you need the neg camber to neatly get it tuck underneath the guards

and yeah if you roll flat on the fronts you'll have to cut the guard lining up probably. Rears will be fine

And to above^: yeah for sure.. quality over anything.. or you could just wait it out and keep saving for that perfect set of wheels.

Yeah. If i was going to save up and get the wheel of my choice i would probably get staggered. I want something flush with a little bit of poke.
And I've got HKS HiperMax coilovers going in the car soon. So i have to get that done first

j_me
08-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey fellas, I'm selling my car as is if you know anyone interested :(

Harricade
08-05-2013, 11:21 PM

Holy shizstick. Bombshell dropped a bombshell.

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 11:23 PM

Sell me your bags... ;)
The ones in your car

j_me
08-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Holy shizstick. Bombshell dropped a bombshell.

Hahah it's time for it to gooooo! :P

Sell me your bags... ;)
The ones in your car

Yeah sure, take them out of my car too! HAHA :(

Honda_FD
08-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Yeah sure, take them out of my car too! HAHA :(

To be honest. It would be an honour to meet you.
I sound like a stalker :(

j_me
08-05-2013, 11:45 PM
I sound like a stalker :(

An honour?! HAHAH what why!
I didn't realise you were from melb, thought you were sers about wanting my bags! hahah :(

EKVTIR-T
08-05-2013, 11:46 PM
I sound like a stalker :(not at all

http://www.pohrani.com/f/2P/7v/49Ti9Tux/1327496312002.gif

j_me
08-05-2013, 11:57 PM
not at all

http://www.pohrani.com/f/2P/7v/49Ti9Tux/1327496312002.gif

HAHAHAHHAHAH

Oi yeah nah someone buy my car please <3

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 12:05 AM
An honour?! HAHAH what why!
I didn't realise you were from melb, thought you were sers about wanting my bags! hahah :(

I dont know why.. Just alot of respect for a female honda enthusiast
I was serious haha

jprak
09-05-2013, 12:49 AM

WHY?! whats wrong with the FD? =(

sell bags? would be interested though :L

Stevil
09-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Hey j_me sorry to hear, imo you've got one of the best looking FD's around, I even overtook you last year one sat when you were cruising past EC, Goodluck with the sale.

DuffyFD
09-05-2013, 09:13 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAH

Oi yeah nah someone buy my car please <3

wo-MAN up Jamie

curtis265
09-05-2013, 09:50 AM

I find that with spacers, it allows that extra bit of flexibility with rims and makes them easier to sell should you decide to do so.

its worth it if the meister is good price

prefer to run weaker meister than cheapo wheels that are flush lol
this.

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Meisters are 17x8+35 all around. good condition. selling for $700

j_me
09-05-2013, 01:38 PM
WHY?! whats wrong with the FD? =(

sell bags? would be interested though :L

Caaaaauuuuse Johnnnyyy its turbo timeeee!!!! I don't know, maybe if I had an FD2 I'd keep it, but ceebs. My cars such a nugget lol! :(
I can't be bothered parting out, just want someone to take it already :'(

I dont know why.. Just alot of respect for a female honda enthusiast
I was serious haha

Ohh hahha :P thank you thank you, what can I say.. LOL!

Hey j_me sorry to hear, imo you've got one of the best looking FD's around, I even overtook you last year one sat when you were cruising past EC, Goodluck with the sale.

Really?! Guys dont make me regret wanting to sell hahah I was so gee'd for a new car before these comments! But thank you :) I reckon my cars boring now though zzZzz

wo-MAN up Jamie

Shhh you!!

jprak
09-05-2013, 01:52 PM
You can keep the car.

Turbo it!!!

But serious note think about the moola needed to get turbo and all.

N/A for daily is good =)

black8thgen
09-05-2013, 02:18 PM
700 is dirty cheap for the meisters lol

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Really?! Guys dont make me regret wanting to sell hahah I was so gee'd for a new car before these comments! But thank you :) I reckon my cars boring now though zzZzz

What are you getting next? Why dont you turbo charge yours?

700 is dirty cheap for the meisters lol
Yeah. He sold them already though :(

Baygon
09-05-2013, 03:28 PM

Gonna part out? If so lemme know what goodies you have.

kikimushroom
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
woo turbo! i cant wait to get off my ps and get a turbo car LOL still got like 3 years and a half left ): got my P's the day after i turned 18 last year

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 04:16 PM
woo turbo! i cant wait to get off my ps and get a turbo car LOL still got like 3 years and a half left ): got my P's the day after i turned 18 last year

Lol turbo charge your FD. Cops wont expect it so you would get away with it. If yours is a Civic Sports you can do a K24 swap
and its pretty cheap.. Im actually concidering doing it

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Stevil. Sorry i cant reply to you. your inbox is full :)

Sorry for spamming this thread guys. had no other way of reaching Stevil

Stevil
09-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Sorry mate, been bit busy, picked my Exedy heavy Duty clutch this arvo, looking forward to smoking some rubber at the drag strip soon !! lol

Baygon
09-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Steve, pick me up sometime! You gotta show me!

Stevil
09-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Yeah will do Baygon, if all goes to plan new clutch n LSD in next friday.

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 11:38 PM
New Shoes for my baby

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/menzies-creek/wheels-tyres-rims/enkei-rpf1/1019024305#

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2013, 11:41 PM
oh yes

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Might need some new tyres though.
I highly doubt those tyres will clear the guards. Might need a little bit of stretch?

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2013, 11:45 PM
yeah they look very chunky

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 11:47 PM
yeah they look very chunky

Any Suggestions? 215 in the rears and 205 fronts?

EKVTIR-T
09-05-2013, 11:49 PM
205 minimum I would suggest

better some of the FD expert to comment

Honda_FD
09-05-2013, 11:54 PM
205 minimum I would suggest

better some of the FD expert to comment

I have 195/45/17 in the garage. i wanna try put them on but i think 1inch of stretch is alot

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 12:35 AM
215/45 will be fine on those

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 12:45 AM
215/45 will be fine on those

Okay. Thanks.
Have you heard of FEDERAL 959 tyres?
Theres alot around going for $180 each fitted and balanced

DuffyFD
10-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Autotechnik in Sydney does a new set of enkeis cheaper than that. Better offsets too.

Google them. That's no tyres though.

Areis
10-05-2013, 08:23 AM
If I were to run enkei RPF1s, theyd have to be at least 17x9 or 17x10 (like what duffy wanted to run)
215/40 tyres are the perfect tyres IMO. Have run those tyres on my last 3 setups and they work perfectly.

Anyways, everyone seems to want bags ay.. Someone buy my car :P 23k with BBS RS (less 3k for no wheels)

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 08:39 AM
i thought u already had a seller?

SharkChu
10-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Approx $700 for major 2year/40k service. Leaky shocks under warranty; they had to replace brake pads and windscreen wipers.

Does that sound reasonable..?

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Autotechnik in Sydney does a new set of enkeis cheaper than that. Better offsets too.

Google them. That's no tyres though.

I lowballed him to $1000 with tyres. i dont want the tyres though

If I were to run enkei RPF1s, theyd have to be at least 17x9 or 17x10 (like what duffy wanted to run)
215/40 tyres are the perfect tyres IMO. Have run those tyres on my last 3 setups and they work perfectly.)

Do you have any pictures of FDs on 17x9+45 wheels? havent seen on irl before

curtis265
10-05-2013, 01:15 PM
New Shoes for my baby

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/menzies-creek/wheels-tyres-rims/enkei-rpf1/1019024305#
good find!

curtis265
10-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Approx $700 for major 2year/40k service. Leaky shocks under warranty; they had to replace brake pads and windscreen wipers.

Does that sound reasonable..?
can you post your receipt? Without seeing too much i cannot tell

Stevil
10-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Mate the Honda wipers are $50, as I bought em recently, Pads Im only guessing but $79-89, so $540 for Oils and a Filter and a visual Check of everything ?? Id say ripped bigtime

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
good find!

Not sure about the size though 8"+34 isnt going to stick out as much?

Lowballed him down to $1000 with tyres. But i dont want the tyres...

Anyone wanna buy them off me? Good condition Apparently only been used for 4,000km
Ill sell them super cheap ;)

I want to get something like this
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z236/crazyazn312/737704_590624994296746_1108670278_o.jpg

Areis
10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
What spec tyres? If they're 215/40 ill take them. I should buy some daily wheels as well.. Don't want to get defected again zz

SharkChu
10-05-2013, 04:04 PM
So.. in regards to the service.
24mth/40k = $253
Replace brake pads labour = $55
Oil filter = $21
Element Assy = $61
Washer = $2
Blitz cleaner = $4
Blade Rubber #1 = $22
Blade Rubber #2 = $28
Set, Pad RR = $162
Environmental disposal = $4
Engine Oil = $44.40
Shop Supplies = $13

All up $735.

How's that?

Edit: Replace shocks all under warranty.

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 04:35 PM
yeah what spec r the tyresss??

and shark that seems awfully expensive lol

btw at Honda_FD: the enkeis you see in that pic you put up are probably at least 17x9 +45 (flat face).. the 17x8 +35 set you're looking at will have a convex face (eww).

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 04:52 PM
What spec tyres? If they're 215/40 ill take them. I should buy some daily wheels as well.. Don't want to get defected again zz

Im picking up the wheels tomorrow but i highly doubt they're 215. They look really chunky on a 17x8 wheel.
Im planning on getting 215 IF i get those wheels

yeah what spec r the tyresss??
btw at Honda_FD: the enkeis you see in that pic you put up are probably at least 17x9 +45 (flat face).. the 17x8 +35 set you're looking at will have a convex face (eww).

The Rims looks flat. Would 17x8+35 look similar because lower offset will pull the wheel out a little?
http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/blnc/130504/668r1/95779gn_20.jpeg

Baygon
10-05-2013, 04:56 PM
This is mine
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3707/img1342fp.jpg

This is ages ago, havent put up an updated photo yet.
Its 17x7.5 +45 at fronts and 17x8 +45 at rears. I got 15mm spacers all round and the rears poke only slightly., fronts tuck just underneath the guard. Sort of get the idea.

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 05:06 PM
I have a friend selling Fluro Orange Enkei RPF1's
17x9+45. perfect wheels size and cheap price but i dunno about orange though :(

I think Orange rims on a street car is. . . and i quote "Ricer"

What are your thoughts guys

http://firesport.com.au/enkei-rpf01-17x945-fluro-turbo-boost--ad232813.htm

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 05:33 PM
you might have some inner clearance issues with a high offset like that on the fd

and when i say 'flat face' i mean almost concave - the spokes on the 17x8 as you see curve out but on the 17x9 such as your friend's and in the pic on the previous page, they sink inwards

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 05:42 PM
you might have some inner clearance issues with a high offset like that on the fd

and when i say 'flat face' i mean almost concave - the spokes on the 17x8 as you see curve out but on the 17x9 such as your friend's and in the pic on the previous page, they sink inwards

Oh okay. My firend has and FD aswell and he had no problems. but his car was built for track no the wheels were poking on a good ride height.
Im going to do a little bit of camber and lower it alot on coilovers

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 05:47 PM
your friend drives KMIKZE?

SharkChu
10-05-2013, 06:02 PM
and shark that seems awfully expensive lol

Thought so, tried haggling to even $700. but nothing..

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 06:10 PM
your friend drives KMIKZE?

Yeah haha You know him aswell?

DuffyFD
10-05-2013, 06:11 PM
quote before the job or go elsewhere.

Or DIY simple shit

DuffyFD
10-05-2013, 06:16 PM
My civic ages ago with weak rpf1s FYI

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/10/e3a5ezyp.jpg

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 06:27 PM
My civic ages ago with weak rpf1s FYI

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/10/e3a5ezyp.jpg

Specs?

curtis265
10-05-2013, 06:42 PM
Specs?

diameter: weak
width:weak
offset:weak

DuffyFD
10-05-2013, 07:01 PM
diameter: weak
width:weak
offset:weak

Like 17x8 +47 and 17x7.5 +45

We all start weak :)

curtis265
10-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Just kidding man

weak joke i know

weak is infintely more practical lol

DuffyFD
10-05-2013, 07:13 PM
They were so weak that when I put camber bolts in my tyres were rubbing the coilolovers

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 09:35 PM
They were so weak that when I put camber bolts in my tyres were rubbing the coilolovers

Thats what im scared about. im scared 9" will touch the inner walls

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 09:57 PM
9" with +45 will probably hit the inner walls especially if you're lowered with some neg camber

hence why i said 17x9 +35 is pretty much perfect (look for some of aero's pics) he had 17x9 +35 and it looked clean as

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 10:04 PM
9" with +45 will probably hit the inner walls especially if you're lowered with some neg camber

hence why i said 17x9 +35 is pretty much perfect (look for some of aero's pics) he had 17x9 +35 and it looked clean as

Yeah. if i buy it brandnew i can choose my offset but im only asking cause those are the only available in second hand

jprak
10-05-2013, 10:56 PM

I'm running 17x9 + 35
Currently scrubbing due to tyres 235, if I had 215 it'll stretch abit and won't hit the inside as much.

black8thgen
10-05-2013, 11:11 PM
yeah 235 is a bit fat for the fd

Honda_FD
10-05-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm running 17x9 + 35
Currently scrubbing due to tyres 235, if I had 215 it'll stretch abit and won't hit the inside as much.

I think ill just get the 17x8+35 then.

mocchi
10-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Yeah haha You know him aswell?

you know him as well?

jprak
11-05-2013, 02:13 AM
yeah 235 is a bit fat for the fd

Couldn't help it, came with the bbs I bought.

Looks nice on the rear. Too bad scrubbing is the issue

JDM-Panda
11-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Couldn't help it, came with the bbs I bought.

Looks nice on the rear. Too bad scrubbing is the issue

Might only need to relocate your bumper tab if you haven't already

threesix
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Bumper tab and the petrol tank liner wears a big hole.

threesix
11-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Oh and that's 18x9 +38 with 215 40 stretch.

DuffyFD
11-05-2013, 07:00 PM
bumper tab makes a massive amount of difference for scrubbing.

nicho
11-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Are there any FD groups on Facebook? :(

andreewthai
11-05-2013, 09:35 PM
thought these might help, pic's of aero's car on rpf1's

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?69309-Your-Mods-To-2006-2011-FD-Civics/page810

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?69309-Your-Mods-To-2006-2011-FD-Civics/page854

Honda_FD
11-05-2013, 10:37 PM
bumper tab makes a massive amount of difference for scrubbing.

Where are the bumper bar tabs located? never heard of this before haha

thought these might help, pic's of aero's car on rpf1's

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?69309-Your-Mods-To-2006-2011-FD-Civics/page810

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?69309-Your-Mods-To-2006-2011-FD-Civics/page854

I cant find the images

andreewthai
12-05-2013, 12:19 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/2eftds5.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/slji4h.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/345zb5e.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/160bxw6.jpg

Honda_FD
12-05-2013, 12:35 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/2eftds5.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/slji4h.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/345zb5e.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u157/gh3ttolov3/160bxw6.jpg

What specs are theyyy?
Sooooooooo Sexxxyyyyyyyy!
OzHonda needs a "Like Post" button

black8thgen
12-05-2013, 01:09 AM
17x9 +35

fsjk85
12-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Mate the Honda wipers are $50, as I bought em recently, Pads Im only guessing but $79-89, so $540 for Oils and a Filter and a visual Check of everything ?? Id say ripped bigtime
They do a valve clearance adjustment at 2year/40K service which is why it costs so much, still a ripoff though.

Areis
12-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Yea i got my major service due now as well... Its meant to be like $500 cause i have to change my fuel filter zzzz

black8thgen
12-05-2013, 12:03 PM
sell it asap let the buyer service it lOL

Areis
12-05-2013, 05:51 PM
sell it asap let the buyer service it lOL

haha other buyer pulled out and i'm not ready to let it go yet :P the longer i hold it for, the less chance of me losing my license

black8thgen
12-05-2013, 08:05 PM
lol.. but greater chance of defects ;)

DuffyFD
13-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Do FN2r rear seats fit in the FD?

Curious.

jprak
13-05-2013, 01:23 PM

Curious.

Judging how the rear seats look compare to the fd2r ones I got. Don't think it would fit .
I had to change my rear parcel shelf as the original one was too big.

kikimushroom
13-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Judging how the rear seats look compare to the fd2r ones I got. Don't think it would fit .
I had to change my rear parcel shelf as the original one was too big.

pics of your rear seats please!

jprak
13-05-2013, 05:06 PM
pics of your rear seats please!

AHHAHHA tried to with iphone during the day. need better lighting and all.
will try asap =)

EDIT with pics

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/935467_10201094954238972_498213465_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/181408_10201094956639032_864577755_n.jpg

Baygon
13-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Curious.

Isnt fn2r 4 seater? No holes for the middle rear seat lawl