PDA

View Full Version : Your Mods To 2006-2011 FD Civics

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85

amurray
21-06-2007, 08:24 PM
hey guys n girls.. for all of us with the new civics.. what mods have u done.. in the way of engine/sussy/body/rims/interoir/sound...

would be good to see what other people are doing.. not to many of these things gettin modded yet... im the only one with a crazy install at the moment i thinks

amurray

DamienS
21-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Got a tow bar fitted today:cool: does that count?????

Oh and it wasnt by let me rip you off Honda dealership, got it done by a shop that does tow bars, roof racks and 4wd accessories every day and the cost was $375 vs Hondas $680. Its a Hayman Reese bar so its good quality still.

amurray
21-06-2007, 08:44 PM
yea lol... good start

DamienS
21-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah when I got the civic got some 15inch alloys on it too to replace the plastic wheel covers/steel wheels.

yclvtec
21-06-2007, 09:27 PM
civic sport rims for my vti and sprayed in satin black....looks sick...lolz
lip boot spoiler
mugen replica grille
fog light
LED licence plate light
HID

to do list: mugen bodykit

asgr8
21-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Ok Here is my list ...

Exterior..
Mugen Replica Grille,
Mugen Replica Spoiler,
Honda accord's OEM 16" wheels
HID Kit - Not installed yet, Soon

Audio
2 Alpine 12" Type S subs
Alpine type S component Speaker in front

MANY MORE TO COME as soon as i will start saving :)

Shimian
21-06-2007, 10:20 PM
- Full body kit
- Mugen Replica Front Grille
- Interior Trim
- Accent Lighting
- Parking Sensors
- Rear Bumper & Bootlip Protector
- Scuffs
- Pivot Raizin
- Pivot Ignition Earth
- Pivot Spark Earth
- K&N Air Filter
- Boot Cover & Hinges
- Tinting

Next mod:
- Exhaust System

JaCe
22-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Hmm...

Mugen Replica Front Grille <-- a popular move!
Honda Spoiler
Chrome headlamps
Crystalvision bulbs
K&N filter
Interior Neons
Sexy-floormats (not really lol) + Air freshner!

Audio
RF 4ch Amp w/ Bass remote
RF P2 sub
MBQ Splits
Alpine lineouts
Dension Icelink adaptor (iPod)

Next upgrade
Planning to install an LCD for the iPod Video
Also planning to get new rims next month (finally swap the VTi-L's alloys)

Piccies on my picasaweb- http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88

visconti
22-06-2007, 01:19 AM
mine Vti-L with

oem parking sensor
mugen kit
neuspeed race spring
19" wheels
remus titanium muffler
6k hid

:)

JaCe
22-06-2007, 01:47 AM
mine Vti-L with

oem parking sensor
mugen kit
neuspeed race spring
19" wheels
remus titanium muffler
6k hid

nice!
3 q's

1) how are the 19"? are they really uncomfortable? was a bit concerned when a mate with 17s had very hard hard ride.

2) how's the muffler? mind if i ask price + install?

3) also curious about the HIDs.. i'm using crystalvision but not as bright as i'd like.

tkbuild
22-06-2007, 04:24 AM
int. - neons, led maplight ,

ext. - led licence plate light, HID6.5k head light, led illusion light, mugen visor

andyhui01
22-06-2007, 07:36 AM
My Vti-L

Tinted windows (the ones the dealer wanted to do for me wasn't dark enough)
HID 6000k
MTEC White License Plate Light.
(Very soon) Roof Spoiler
17" Mugen MF10 replica's with 225/45/17 Falken FK452 tyres
Black Windscreen Banner

other upgrades in the near future:
Injen Cold Air Intake
Full Mugen Kit
Foglights
Projector Headlamps
Coilovers or stiffer absorbers (when I'm taking corners, when I hit a bump my tyres rub the fender).

Interior:
Mugen pedals and Handbrake Cover

Aco3n
22-06-2007, 09:37 AM
mine:

Mugen kit
eibach sportline
18" --> to be replaced with standard rims soon.

and a descent sound system .. really really hard in getting the parts

denot
22-06-2007, 11:02 AM
guys... can we make it as "mandatory" to post your car's pic as well? Or maybe a link to your car pics?

ido09s
22-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I have to say i to would like some pics. I pick mine up next week, a black 5 speed Vti, and would like to see what this Mugen kit looks like and if people dont mind the costs involved and where they got the parts from

I plan on modding mine in about 3 months but want to put a set of 19's, dark tint and some springs to bring it just that little lower to the ground :):)

I also want to do my stereo but and was wondering what people were doing with regards to the head unit?? is there some sort of interface that allows me to hook up some amps or have people been removing the stock head unit and replacing it with some sort of single din arrangement??? I have been told that the dash from a Jap spec model allows you to use a single din unit but if the stock head unit sounds the goods with some amps, splits and a sub i will leave it at that

visconti
23-06-2007, 08:10 AM
nice!
3 q's

1) how are the 19"? are they really uncomfortable? was a bit concerned when a mate with 17s had very hard hard ride.

2) how's the muffler? mind if i ask price + install?

3) also curious about the HIDs.. i'm using crystalvision but not as bright as i'd like.

1. Depends on your liking, its acceptable for me, but it is definitely firmer than stock of course. The springs might affect the ride as well. One thing I definitely notice.. fuel consumption goes up! lol

2. Its typical universal remus muffler, no louder than stock below 3k rpm, slightly louder above 3-4 rpm.. performance wise, I don't think it gives much gain. Catback is a better option if you're looking for performance.

3. My hid is brighter than standard halogen, so definitely an improvement.. but dunno if compared to other hids on the market. I kinda like 6k mtec hid color though.

visconti
23-06-2007, 08:17 AM
mine:

Mugen kit
eibach sportline
18" --> to be replaced with standard rims soon.

and a descent sound system .. really really hard in getting the parts

dude, you should have gone 20" instead of back to standard.. lol

Shimian
23-06-2007, 09:44 AM

1. Depends on your liking, its acceptable for me, but it is definitely firmer than stock of course. The springs might affect the ride as well. One thing I definitely notice.. fuel consumption goes up! lol

2. Its typical universal remus muffler, no louder than stock below 3k rpm, slightly louder above 3-4 rpm.. performance wise, I don't think it gives much gain. Catback is a better option if you're looking for performance.

3. My hid is brighter than standard halogen, so definitely an improvement.. but dunno if compared to other hids on the market. I kinda like 6k mtec hid color though.

Any pics of your ride? I wanna see the sexy 19"s :p

visconti
23-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Any pics of your ride? I wanna see the sexy 19"s :p

yup here.. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64867

Aco3n
23-06-2007, 01:58 PM
jace: if you concern about comfy.. standard rims will be your best opt.. lower profile sacrifice your comfort..

he's crazy.. don't follow him.. haha...

den.. you reckon 19x8.5 and 9.5 will fit?? tempted now.. haha.. got one cheap set laying around..
do you remember if the black one in sg.. is it 8 and 9 or 8.5 and 9.5?

Shimian
23-06-2007, 04:57 PM

holy moly. those 19's look sexy. Might change my mind now, from 18s to 19s

Bob san
23-06-2007, 09:57 PM
06 vti

-16inch buddy club SF rims
-roadstone 225 16inch tyres (alot better then the stock tyres)
-Mtec HID light bulbs
-x-force full 2.25 cat back exhaust
-king springs lowered 1.5 inch rear and front
- vtec inside sticker lol

Fujita CAI soon to be installed.

visconti
24-06-2007, 10:54 AM
jace: if you concern about comfy.. standard rims will be your best opt.. lower profile sacrifice your comfort..

he's crazy.. don't follow him.. haha...

den.. you reckon 19x8.5 and 9.5 will fit?? tempted now.. haha.. got one cheap set laying around..
do you remember if the black one in sg.. is it 8 and 9 or 8.5 and 9.5?

dunno man, depends on the offset, and u most likely need to roll the front and rear fender.. im using 19x8 with +45 and i need to roll my front guard, its scrapping so bad #$@#!! rear is fine though.

which one u're talking about.. is it visconti lx-d in melb?

visconti
24-06-2007, 10:57 AM
06 vti

-16inch buddy club SF rims
-roadstone 225 16inch tyres (alot better then the stock tyres)
-Mtec HID light bulbs
-x-force full 2.25 cat back exhaust
-king springs lowered 1.5 inch rear and front
- vtec inside sticker lol

Fujita CAI soon to be installed.

bob san, any pics on your ride? wanna see how buddy club sf with fd will look like.. :D

simonnowis
24-06-2007, 01:49 PM
niice, good to see there'll be modded FD's on the road. they look awesome, id get one if it wasnt for the weight and size though.

Aco3n
24-06-2007, 10:28 PM
dunno man, depends on the offset, and u most likely need to roll the front and rear fender.. im using 19x8 with +45 and i need to roll my front guard, its scrapping so bad #$@#!! rear is fine though.

which one u're talking about.. is it visconti lx-d in melb?

yupe.. still thinking.. thinking so hard.. haha..

dezza
27-06-2007, 04:54 PM
06 VTI
Exterior mods:
18" wheels
Custom lowered king springs
Factory honda lip kit (front, side and rear skirts)
Fog lamps
Mugen visors
Phillips diamond vision light bulbs
Xforce cat back exhaust system
K&N panel filter

Interior mods:
Type R pedals
Razo gear knob
Full sound system

Shimian
27-06-2007, 07:39 PM
06 VTI
Exterior mods:
18" wheels
Custom lowered king springs
Factory honda lip kit (front, side and rear skirts)
Fog lamps
Mugen visors
Phillips diamond vision light bulbs
Xforce cat back exhaust system
K&N panel filter

Interior mods:
Type R pedals
Razo gear knob
Full sound system

Any pics of the Type R pedals? Where did u buy them from?

dezza
27-06-2007, 10:02 PM
My bro got them from the States for me.

Tofu
27-06-2007, 10:37 PM
this thread is useless without pics...

Shimian
28-06-2007, 09:10 AM
My car is pretty much stock. Picture Quality is not the best

- Full body kit
- Mugen Replica Front Grille
- Interior Trim
- Accent Lighting
- Parking Sensors
- Rear Bumper & Bootlip Protector
- Scuffs
- Pivot Raizin
- Pivot Ignition Earth
- Pivot Spark Earth
- K&N Air Filter
- Boot Cover & Hinges
- Tinting
- Honda Fitted Mats

The pivots/k&n filter
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/Pivot.JPG

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/Myengine.JPG

Grille/Bodykit
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/MyCar.Jpg

Accent Lighting - u cant see / Interior Trim / Honda Fitted Mats
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/12.JPG

Boot Cover/Hinge and Boot Lip Protector
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/14.JPG

Scuff
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/7.JPG

Parking Sensor
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/9.JPG

Tinting
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/11.JPG

denot
28-06-2007, 10:26 AM
finally we can see some pics... ^_^

UNLS1
28-06-2007, 05:37 PM
i just ordered a civic sport for the mrs, now i sell em but have no idea bout mods, im not going to modd it as its for a chicks car and a 4cl.

But hondas arnt well know for good high beams for aus conditions. So what globes can u reccomend to replace the existing high beam ones?

cheers james

ryanc
28-06-2007, 06:24 PM
chicks car?

ido09s
28-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I pick mine up tomorrow night :):)

First mod Saturday is 15&#37; tints, then off to Aussie's Best to try some wheels on :D:D I cant wait

Tofu
28-06-2007, 07:09 PM
i just orered a civic sport for the mrs, now i sell em but have no idea bout mods, im not going to modd it as its a chicks car and a 4cl.

But hondas arnt well know for good high beams for aus conditions. So what globes can u reccomend to replace the existing high beam ones?

cheers james

how come you need high beams? unless you live out in the bush...
but if you must, then i would suggest Philips Crystal vision, or Diamond Vision if you don't mind the packet saying "for show use only"

Shimian: top effort for posting pics...

what is there in terms of intakes (cai or sri) for the FD2?

dmx
28-06-2007, 09:03 PM
but if you must, then i would suggest Philips Crystal vision, or Diamond Vision if you don't mind the packet saying "for show use only"

i used crystal vision before, i regret used it. still a bit yellow, expensive too (around $60).even it's made in germany.Diamond vison never try, more expensive (around $100).Better use HID fro low beam only.yeah, Tofu right, very rare use high beam.

Shimian:wow, ur car have a lot OEM stuff.

Shimian
28-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Shimian:wow, ur car have a lot OEM stuff.

Bought pretty much everything in one hit. The only NON OEM items are:
- front grille
- Pivots
- k&n filter
- tinting

UNLS1
28-06-2007, 11:56 PM

yeah she is out in the sticks mate! i dont want for show, just for good vision with high beam!

Tofu
29-06-2007, 11:08 AM
yeah crystal vision will be more than enough...i use then on my bmw 120i as low beam and they work way better than the stock bulbs.

gerard
29-06-2007, 11:55 AM
For those who are not up to the expense of the crystal visions, I would recommend the +50s. I use these as I need a bit of yellow in the beams to improve night range and vision. For my high beams, phillips rally 100 watts. Don't use them often(as they have only 100 hour life) but need them to be bright as when need)

UNLS1
29-06-2007, 12:14 PM
cheers blokes, the cars on the ship atm so first service ill put em in!

Shimian
29-06-2007, 08:37 PM
So philips crystal vision and diamond vision is ok for road use (as someone mentioned its for show only). Or are there other philips white bulbs out there that are legal? I just want to remove my current stock bulb and plug in new one (NOT HID).

any suggestions?

cheers

G_Vtec
01-07-2007, 07:05 PM
If anyone here is keen for some quality aftermarket springs, I have a brand new set for sale. Sold my FD a while back and was too lazy to put them on :p

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62123

Bob san
02-07-2007, 11:43 AM
here are some pics of my fd1. will post pic of fujita cai when im done :)

DropBear
03-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Due to a lack of experience in modding (and this being my first brand new car), I'm a little hesitant to mod my Bluish Silver '06 VTi-L Civic, but here's the list of standard mods:

Tints - nice and dark, never realised how much of a difference they make, I'll never have a car without tints again!

Honda fitted mats - a must have for an engineer with dirty boots

Scuff plates - sure you only see them when you open the door, but they look fantastic

In the works:

Replica Mugen Grill, Carbon fibre look-alike - Seems like a very popular mod, which leads me to a question - can anyone give me a "how to" run down on how to install it? I had a go at it with my mate on the weekend, but didn't succeed. Successfully removed the locking studs from the plastic cover over the radiator, but wasnt able to fully remove the cover or the chrome OEM grill care of some more locking studs that held the grill to the front bodywork (those ones don't appear to want to come out though).

If anyone has a good "how-to", could you please PM me?

I'll slap up some piccies of my pride and joy when I get back home. I've almost clocked up 25,000km in about 9 months of owning this beauty, I've never had so much enjoyment driving a car before, it's fantastic (but I don't need to tell you guys that, you all own them too!)

Have a good one chaps and chapette's

DropBear

Shimian
03-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Due to a lack of experience in modding (and this being my first brand new car), I'm a little hesitant to mod my Bluish Silver '06 VTi-L Civic, but here's the list of standard mods:

Tints - nice and dark, never realised how much of a difference they make, I'll never have a car without tints again!

Honda fitted mats - a must have for an engineer with dirty boots

Scuff plates - sure you only see them when you open the door, but they look fantastic

In the works:

Replica Mugen Grill, Carbon fibre look-alike - Seems like a very popular mod, which leads me to a question - can anyone give me a "how to" run down on how to install it? I had a go at it with my mate on the weekend, but didn't succeed. Successfully removed the locking studs from the plastic cover over the radiator, but wasnt able to fully remove the cover or the chrome OEM grill care of some more locking studs that held the grill to the front bodywork (those ones don't appear to want to come out though).

If anyone has a good "how-to", could you please PM me?

I'll slap up some piccies of my pride and joy when I get back home. I've almost clocked up 25,000km in about 9 months of owning this beauty, I've never had so much enjoyment driving a car before, it's fantastic (but I don't need to tell you guys that, you all own them too!)

Have a good one chaps and chapette's

DropBear

If this is the grille you are talking about, this is my HOW TO. It may give you an idea.

Remove the stock chrome grille by removing the studs which removes the top rubbery cover. You will need to remve the studs on the sides wall of the engine bay. This will allow you to lift the whole rubbery top over off. Then you need to remove 3 (from memory) studs that are located at the bottom of the grille. Once you completely remove the stock grille, give it a clean.

When you install the mesh onto the grill, leave about 1cm excess at the bottom part of the grille. Meaning when you cut it to shape, you leave enough mesh so that you can bend it to a right angle of the grille. When you place it on the car, you need to bend the excess mesh so that it doesnt scratch your car body but make it rest on top of it. Then i used cable ties to go around the whole grille and tied it to the body. I think I used about 5 all up. 2 were on the sides and 3 along the bottom. You will see where you can tie it down.

Once you have securely fastened the grille, put the rubbery top back on. Becareful with the middle stud as u cannot just push down on it or the top part of the grille will flex and snap. So 1 hand you will need to push the stud down and the other hand go from the engine side - under the rubbery top - and hold the griile by pushing upwards. So ur action is one is pushing up and the other is pushing down. This part took me like 20min as i didnt want to force it. Eventually you will hear a snap and WALLAH, its in. Then just replace everything back as you removed it

As you can see, i didnt use any double sided tape and it nice and tight. This is when/if i decide to remove it in the future, i wont have to go through the pain of removing the 3m tape.

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/MyCar.Jpg

amurray
03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
hey any of u guys kno where to buy the Injen Air intake kit here in aus?

z3lda
03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
those rims looks tiny on the civic and ugly with the oversize fat tyres

Bob san
03-07-2007, 10:21 PM
those rims looks tiny on the civic and ugly with the oversize fat tyres

lol so you think its the bigger the better? try conering with 19inch rims then

Shimian
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
lol so you think its the bigger the better? try conering with 19inch rims then

20" FTW

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/20inch.jpg

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/20inch2.jpg

denot
04-07-2007, 09:08 AM
hey any of u guys kno where to buy the Injen Air intake kit here in aus?

I think trader JDM concept sell them...

Simian: Wow!!! nice mate!!!! (u even put 20" badge on the car :p)

Shimian
04-07-2007, 05:48 PM
its not my car. i wish thou. im still using stock 16"s

Datuk
04-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Nice!

dmx
04-07-2007, 07:53 PM
its not my car. i wish thou. im still using stock 16"s
is Mr Hengky P**** 's. Another Indo again. :)
http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/Autoshow.asp?AutoID=20070102163907

I think trader JDM concept sell them...

Simian: Wow!!! nice mate!!!! (u even put 20" badge on the car :p)
Badge 20" is compulsory if using 20" wheels :D
http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/Autoshow.asp?AutoID=20070625005912

what next ? 22" ???:p:p:p
http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/autoshow.asp?autoid=20070626230612

or 10.5" width deep dish ?
http://autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/autoshow.asp?autoid=20070610164620

Looking foward for someone doing it in here with civic :p:p

Shimian
04-07-2007, 10:12 PM
20" would be max for an FD. Anything bigger will look kinda silly. 9 million powerball this week. fingers crossed

denot
05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
i thought I saw it sumwhere before... -_-"

anyway, if you win... splash some for us will ya? :p

Shimian
05-07-2007, 06:18 PM
i thought I saw it sumwhere before... -_-"

anyway, if you win... splash some for us will ya? :p

No probs. If not, 16" FTW

ido09s
07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
I am off to try some rims on mine tomorrow, will post some pics if i end up getting them :):) damn i love black on black!!!!

MKI4EVA
08-07-2007, 06:13 PM
anyone done any suspension mods to their sports yet?

can't wait to see someone do a modded typeS motor in the civic........then go out hunting for the new UK civ-R..........AHHahhahahaa.......

can only dream.

gerard
09-07-2007, 01:10 PM
I just got into a group buy for USDM Si front and rear ARBs from Singapore forum. will report in detail when I get it in.

will be fitting a hybrid spoiler today

denot
09-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I just got into a group buy for USDM Si front and rear ARBs from Singapore forum. will report in detail when I get it in.

is is for your sports Gerard?

gerard
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
yup but the lead time will be a couple of months

Rhys1983
10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
with my 06 VTI i have only fitted a few things.

Tint;
front and rear parking sensors;
rear spoiler;
front clear plastic film to protect from stone chips;
ebay weather shields;(see below)
http://members.optushome.com.au/go-bitz2/civicweathershields/civic_weather_shields.jpg

Had fitted CAI but had to remove it because it brought up the check engine light and made the car stall easier. The systems was identical to this kit
http://members.optusnet.com.au/biomonster123/civicinstalled.jpg
http://members.optushome.com.au/biomonster123/civic/diagram.jpg

Can anyone tell me why would Honda tell me that a fault code would come up because i have this kit fitted, it was not only a run lean code but 2 front impact sensor codes. When this kit was removed the check engine light went out

cracker
13-07-2007, 08:08 PM
hey guys i got a vti-l and i put recently put in a 12 inch alpine type x 1000 rms with a 1000 rms amp and its not hitting hard at alll the car cant even ****ing power it and the headlights dim like shit which make my neons look like they are dimming with the bass...its pretty cool

dmx
27-07-2007, 10:26 PM
MUGEN Body Kits (replica) ; MUGEN Garnish Door Plate
MUGEN pedal ; MUGEN interior mirror cover
JDM CTR Front+Rear Red Emblems
JDM CTR engine start button
JDM CTR foot rest
OEM Fog light ; OEM side mirror with blinker
OEM R18 engine cover ; OEM steering wheel audio control
18" wheels
DC5 Brembo (2nd)
8000 HID+6500 HID fog light
Quad exhaust pipe

xqwzit
27-07-2007, 10:35 PM
where do you guys get the replica bodykit?

SirG
28-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Sweet mate
Also what are the specs of your rims, planning to get 18 or 19" in next month?

Ride:
stock vti with modulo kit
fog lights
tint

next to do is rim's, lower it, and exaust tip.

http://www.funksion.com.au/images/mycivic1.jpg

mine Vti-L with

oem parking sensor
mugen kit
neuspeed race spring
19" wheels
remus titanium muffler
6k hid

Shimian
28-07-2007, 10:11 AM
JDM CTR foot rest

Where did you get ur foot rest from? Any pics?

ido09s
28-07-2007, 10:25 AM
MUGEN Body Kits (replica) ; MUGEN Garnish Door Plate
MUGEN pedal ; MUGEN interior mirror cover
JDM CTR Front+Rear Red Emblems
JDM CTR foot rest
OEM Fog light ; OEM side mirror with blinker
OEM R18 engine cover ; OEM steering wheel audio control
18" wheels
DC5 Brembo (2nd)
8000 HID+6500 HID fog light
Quad exhaust pipe

i take it nearly all these parts are a direct replacement given the higher spec cars come with these bits as standard???

I to was interested in putting the side mirrors and steering from the Sport wheel in my VTI and figured they would pretty much just bolt on

How did go with the Brembo's?? did they require adaptor plates or is the DC5 stuff a direct bolt on???

dmx
28-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Where did you get ur foot rest from? Any pics?

as usual,singapore :), will post pic later, my bro took my camera to snowy mountain :(

i take it nearly all these parts are a direct replacement given the higher spec cars come with these bits as standard???

I to was interested in putting the side mirrors and steering from the Sport wheel in my VTI and figured they would pretty much just bolt on

How did go with the Brembo's?? did they require adaptor plates or is the DC5 stuff a direct bolt on???

direct bolt on? yes,but
side mirrors, need to reconnect the wire.
audio control, need to run 2 extra wire to HU.
Brembo, need at least caliper bridge. together with rotor will be no drama.

denot
30-07-2007, 12:37 PM
hey DMX, when you take the pics... can you take some @ nite as well? wanna see the Lightning (especially the fog lights with HID) :p

SirG
03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
This is an extreme modification and one we can all DO WITH OUT!

Had a similar however way smaller incident in my Astra and hate to think what had happened to this person.

Hope none of us ever go through this mod.

Check it here (http://forums.perak.org/cn/attachment/Mon_0701/33_900_279be8471fd726d.jpg)

Shimian
03-08-2007, 09:09 PM
This is an extreme modification and one we can all DO WITH OUT!

Had a similar however way smaller incident in my Astra and hate to think what had happened to this person.

Hope none of us ever go through this mod.

Check it here (http://forums.perak.org/cn/attachment/Mon_0701/33_900_279be8471fd726d.jpg)

Well, atleast he/she can keep the wheel as a spare wheel for next car

Nugget02
04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
extreme mod made the engine uber powerful n that pix was a few second after the owner floored it..

TurBIce
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
06 vti black!
mod:
STOCK wheels! ( hub caps ftw)
mtec replacement bulbs.
skunk2 knob.
scuff plates. ( thanks dyljoy)

Shimian
04-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Recent additions:
- MTEC halogens (Thanks to LiquidSound)
- MTEC parkers " "
- MTEC plate lights " "
- OEM Pollen Filter (Thanks to destrukshn)

Arriving soon:
- Mugen pedals (replica)
- Mugen Reservoir Cover
- Mugen Oil Cap
- Civic Front/Rear Scuffs
- Mugen Mirror Cover (replica)
- Mugen badge

oniononline
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
hey I want a pollen filter too, how much u got it?

Shimian
04-08-2007, 06:41 PM

speak to destrukshn

amurray
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
hmm current mods to date

20 x 8.5 36... they sent 20 x 9.5 lol... so i sent them back
Alpine double din touch screen 202.. ( origonal Honda facia kit )
Head rest screens ( Option Audio )
3 boot lid screens ( Option Audio )
6 sets of 6.5 " splits ( Option Audio ) these are the best speakers i have ever heard
3, 4channel 600wrms amps ( Option Audio)
2, 1500 wrms monoblocks ( Option Audio )
2, 1500wrms 15" duel voice coil subs ( Option Audio )

Full Custom Fiberglass install in boot ( still under contsruction for ASB2007 )

Soon To Come

Coilovers (tien most likely )
Full black leather with blue inserts re-trim
Dash airbrushed ( booked in next week ) will have pics soon
Darkest leagle tint.. or maybe a bit darker
Injen long ram intake
( Maybe ) mugen or mugen replica bodykit without wing

Aco3n
04-08-2007, 09:42 PM

I bought one from ebay in the states.. not even half price of the dealer's price.
not OEM tho

ozR18
05-08-2007, 01:03 AM
1.Honda Modulo Spoiler
2.Mugen Window Visors
3.Pollen Filter
4.Aura 6000k HID
5.Simota Stainless Steel Drop in Air Filter
6.Replica Mugen Pedals
7.Mugen Scuff Plates
8.Mugen Resevoir Cover
9.Honda Euro 16inch Rims
10.White License Plate Lights

Coming Soon
1.Replica Mugen Bodykit
2.Mugen Handbrake Cover

TurBIce
05-08-2007, 07:56 AM
ozr18, when u getting ur rep mugen body kit?

SirG
05-08-2007, 08:28 AM
PICS PICS PICS!!! - sounds niiiiiiceeeee! - lol literally

hmm current mods to date

20 x 8.5 36... they sent 20 x 9.5 lol... so i sent them back
Alpine double din touch screen 202.. ( origonal Honda facia kit )
Head rest screens ( Option Audio )
3 boot lid screens ( Option Audio )
6 sets of 6.5 " splits ( Option Audio ) these are the best speakers i have ever heard
3, 4channel 600wrms amps ( Option Audio)
2, 1500 wrms monoblocks ( Option Audio )
2, 1500wrms 15" duel voice coil subs ( Option Audio )

Full Custom Fiberglass install in boot ( still under contsruction for ASB2007 )

Soon To Come

Coilovers (tien most likely )
Full black leather with blue inserts re-trim
Dash airbrushed ( booked in next week ) will have pics soon
Darkest leagle tint.. or maybe a bit darker
Injen long ram intake
( Maybe ) mugen or mugen replica bodykit without wing

denot
06-08-2007, 09:54 AM
PICS PICS PICS!!! - sounds niiiiiiceeeee! - lol literally

Agree!!!! Where are the pics ppl :p

amurray
06-08-2007, 04:11 PM
will have unpainted pics of the install this week.. then off to the painterz

ozR18
06-08-2007, 09:42 PM
hey turbice....i was in msia last month..went to few car shops and got qoutes for the mugen bodykit. im just sorting my finances and the kit should sumhow arrive in perth by early next month...fingers crossed

markCivicVti
09-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi guys,

With the new civic whats the biggest wheels you can have with the stock suspension? I'm not looking at doing any mods other than new wheels and audio.

amurray
09-08-2007, 04:07 PM
20 x 9 on the rear 20 x 8.5 on front with 36 offset and 35 profile 245 and 225

markCivicVti
10-08-2007, 02:28 PM
How good is the OEM rear parking sensors? Is it just an audible warning? Is there no change one the dash/console?

denot
10-08-2007, 02:44 PM
no change on dash, its located on the top of your rear-view mirror. It sort of tells u how many meter left till u hit the back of your car

amurray
10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
2 pics 1 older 1 of the install but its come along way since then... and of the dash b3fore it goes to painting

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/6599/screeneu7.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5875/bootcn0.jpg

denot
10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
love the dash mate... :thumbsup:

ozR18
11-08-2007, 01:04 PM
anyone got exhaust tips for their civic??.... i need to get one of those..caz my gf realised the original exhasut tips looks ugly and the two pipes are not even.

how much would that cost now?

tadasu
11-08-2007, 07:01 PM
honda's chrome exhaust is about $70 i think.

by the way, where can i get mugen/replica bodykit in adelaide?

amurray
12-08-2007, 08:34 PM
i think ebay is the only place lol.. or go to honda maybe lol

Bob san
13-08-2007, 03:48 PM
honda's chrome exhaust is about $70 i think.

by the way, where can i get mugen/replica bodykit in adelaide?

seen it at autobahn for 10-15bucks

amurray
15-08-2007, 06:36 PM
just did my headrest screens today... although the pic does not look strate the screen is perfectly level lol

What do u think guys?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8754/headrestwn7.jpg

wilzee
15-08-2007, 08:43 PM
just did my headrest screens today... although the pic does not look strate the screen is perfectly level lol

What do u think guys?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8754/headrestwn7.jpg

Great Job!! Looks bloody Hot! How much did it cost??

amurray
15-08-2007, 09:02 PM
i did it myself... so freeeeee lol.. im doing up a DIY now for u guys

amurray
16-08-2007, 06:01 PM
DIY is up guys... good luck

JaCe
27-08-2007, 05:46 PM
anyone got exhaust tips for their civic??.... i need to get one of those..caz my gf realised the original exhasut tips looks ugly and the two pipes are not even.

how much would that cost now?

I've got it on mine. http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88/10JACE888Stage21/photo#5101052895013989026

I just got some HIDs installed on Saturday too. Quite happy!

Shimian
27-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Any pics of your HIDs hitting a wall at night? Any problems as our FDs has no projectors? Light not all reflecting all over the place?

TurBIce
27-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Any pics of your HIDs hitting a wall at night? Any problems as our FDs has no projectors? Light not all reflecting all over the place?

yes please!

andyhui01
27-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I've got it on mine. http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88/10JACE888Stage21/photo#5101052895013989026

I just got some HIDs installed on Saturday too. Quite happy!

just curious... are your license plate issued by the RTA? Because you don't have the NSW words on it, is it legal?

xenfacta
27-08-2007, 09:58 PM
not his real plates ;)

kobyyu
29-08-2007, 09:42 PM
hey, where did you guys get the mugen body kits?

Did you guys install the body kits yourself or ask somebody else to install it?

rhk
29-08-2007, 10:52 PM
pics coming soon but:

tint
in car accent kit thingy lol
rota sub zero
toyo tasw
Hid's coming tomorrow :D
Tein SS ordered (to take a month :( lol)

ozR18
30-08-2007, 01:43 AM
pics coming soon but:

tint
in car accent kit thingy lol
rota sub zero
toyo tasw
Hid's coming tomorrow :D
Tein SS ordered (to take a month :( lol)

Good Stuff..so u going for the HID's? wat type and brand and where u getting it installed?

JaCe
30-08-2007, 01:30 PM
I wanna put the Mugen muffler or exhaust on but am having trouble trying to find out what's on offer... Thinking of the Twin Loop. Anyone got any thoughts?

JaCe
30-08-2007, 01:39 PM
just curious... are your license plate issued by the RTA? Because you don't have the NSW words on it, is it legal?

Nope they are from Johor, Malaysia.

Came out alright. Are there any instructions/tips on how to take the photo? i.e. Should I just drive up next to a wall and take a photo of that?

Here's some I took at the shops at night compared to my mate who has Crystalvision bulbs;

HID: ($390 incl. parts fully installed)
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3806/img4428hid704x528au8.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4428hid704x528au8.jpg)

Phillips Crystalvision: ($100 for 4 bulbs not incl. install)
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2061/img4429cv600x450lw7.th.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4429cv600x450lw7.jpg)

... now I need to find someone with stock halogens in the Civic to do a comparison!
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1091/img44252mg1.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img44252mg1.jpg)

Pics: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73641

dmx
30-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Nope they are from Johor, Malaysia.

Came out alright. Are there any instructions/tips on how to take the photo? i.e. Should I just drive up next to a wall and take a photo of that?

Here's some I took at the shops at night compared to my mate who has Crystalvision bulbs;

HID: ($390 incl. parts fully installed)
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3806/img4428hid704x528au8.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4428hid704x528au8.jpg)

Phillips Crystalvision: ($100 for 4 bulbs not incl. install)
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2061/img4429cv600x450lw7.th.jpg (http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4429cv600x450lw7.jpg)

... now I need to find someone with stock halogens in the Civic to do a comparison!

Pics: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73641

where did u get crystalvision for $25 each ?

denot
30-08-2007, 04:10 PM
where did u get crystalvision for $25 each ?

i think its $50 each? since a box contains a pair? Friend of mine also sed he can get it for aroudn that price, but couldnt remember where he get it from...

JACE: what kelvin is your HID Jace?

dmx
30-08-2007, 04:16 PM
i think its $50 each? since a box contains a pair? Friend of mine also sed he can get it for aroudn that price, but couldnt remember where he get it from...

ok lah, $50 a pair :D:D
my friend got it for $100 a pair last time.
bluevision around $60 last time.
note: is crystalvision top of range ones ?

denot
30-08-2007, 04:25 PM
ok lah, $50 a pair :D:D
my friend got it for $100 a pair last time.
bluevision around $60 last time.
note: is crystalvision top of range ones ?

this guys selling them for $60 :p

http://www.gotgames.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=236

and i think "diamond vision" (5000k) is the top of the ranges...
Crystalvision = 4300k
bluevision = 4000k

check this ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com.au/Prestige-Home-and-Auto_Automotive-Bulbs_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5008903QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Shimian
30-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I wanna put the Mugen muffler or exhaust on but am having trouble trying to find out what's on offer... Thinking of the Twin Loop. Anyone got any thoughts?

either go mugen original which im looking at getting or the fuji catback system.

Your halogens look much better than your HIDs. Maybe its the photo. The halogens has more of a spread where the HIDs is more direct

JaCe
30-08-2007, 10:02 PM

Technically it would be $100 for 4 since the box came with 2 bonus small bulbs. I bought it from Repco or Autobarn.. can't remember.

HIDs are 6000k.

either go mugen original which im looking at getting or the fuji catback system.

Your halogens look much better than your HIDs. Maybe its the photo. The halogens has more of a spread where the HIDs is more direct

1. Can't decide if I want to go just the muffler (<$700) or all the way with the full catback. Will buy when I go back to Singapore/Malaysia in December.

2. It's the photo I think because I took that after I got the HIDs installed- my HID Civic is parked next to my mate's Crystalvision Civic, and I stood in the one spot (on the right of his car) and took the photo with him turning on/off my lights in my car on the left. Sorry for very convoluted description there!

Btw if any of you guys are interested in the HIDs, they are installed by people who are very professional and I saw them repairing work on someone else's poorly installed HIDs (that had the controller wrapped in a plastic bag and sealed with tape!). PM me if you want their details- they're in Sydney btw.

Shimian
30-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Does your HID reflect all over the place since we dont have projectors? And how does it look from the oncoming traffic? Blinding or crisp cutoff?

Ive decided to go with mugen cos ive read reviews that it goes well with the stock pipings. And mugen would have put alot of effort into R&D so thats why they just released muffler only. If they found catback to be a plus, then they would have released one for our FDs.

http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/MugenKit3.jpg

Trying to emulate this look. Kinda think it looks hot with the spoiler and the rear lower bodykit. That there is the mugen xos.

JaCe
30-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Does your HID reflect all over the place since we dont have projectors? And how does it look from the oncoming traffic? Blinding or crisp cutoff?

Ive decided to go with mugen cos ive read reviews that it goes well with the stock pipings. And mugen would have put alot of effort into R&D so thats why they just released muffler only. If they found catback to be a plus, then they would have released one for our FDs.

Trying to emulate this look. Kinda think it looks hot with the spoiler and the rear lower bodykit. That there is the mugen xos.

1. To be honest I don't know but from what I can see, it's not as wide angled as this other FD in my area which has very very bright HIDs with a very huge spread. Mine is still relatively normal and doesn't come off as being outrageously bright/modified.

2. Doesn't Mugen have the catback one for around $1100? I know the Twin Loop Silencer is about $650 but I don't know exact model/part #... if you have any idea, please advise!

3. That looks exactly like the Mugen Civic I saw on the weekend (at the place I got my HIDs installed). He had the full genuine Mugen kit + Silencer muffler (not catback) installed. He imported himself from HK but ran into some trouble with customs and had to pay quite a bit of tax on it.

Shimian
30-08-2007, 11:27 PM
Its the only mugen sports exhaust on www.mugen-power.com for our FD. Its muffler only going for about $1100AUD. This is a straight through.

Im looking to get just spoiler and rear lower for now since i have modulo kit. Will see how it looks first but hopefully it should be ok. Then followed by muffler

IAMVTEC
31-08-2007, 11:26 PM

:( I dont like the silver moss with the kit look.

Kit is only for white or black I feel.

JaCe
01-09-2007, 12:31 AM
Its the only mugen sports exhaust on www.mugen-power.com for our FD. Its muffler only going for about $1100AUD. This is a straight through.

Im looking to get just spoiler and rear lower for now since i have modulo kit. Will see how it looks first but hopefully it should be ok. Then followed by muffler

I'm feeling a bit stupid so I think I better ask it straightforward;

What options are there available for FD from Mugen?

I was under the impression there's a Twin loop muffler which can be bought in Asia for <$700aud. Or is that model the same as the aforementioned one sold by JDM Concept- i.e. the Silencer?

Shimian
01-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm feeling a bit stupid so I think I better ask it straightforward;

What options are there available for FD from Mugen?

I was under the impression there's a Twin loop muffler which can be bought in Asia for <$700aud. Or is that model the same as the aforementioned one sold by JDM Concept- i.e. the Silencer?

Yes there is a twin loop one from asia but i dont know much about it.
There are 2 perfect fit systems for our FD that i know of

Mugen Sports Exhaust from www.mugen-power.com This is a straight through muffler only

Fujitsubo Catback System http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fujitsubo.co.jp%2Fpro duct01.php%3Fno%3D750-52074%26reno%3D00000000000000003979&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Im going for the Mugen muffler for the fact that it will look different (single tip) whereas Fujitsubo looks exactly like stock. And Mugen would have put a lot of R&D into this system for our FD. I read somewhere that it gives about 8hp more with everything else stock, but thats not why im getting it.

JaCe
01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Does the muffler alone increase hp? I was under the impression that it doesn't actually do anything realistically.

With regards to what you said, does that mean there are TWO DIFFERENT MUGEN PRODUCTS? I could've sworn the guy I met said the twin loop muffler was designed for our FD1 in particular- rather than just the general "fit all" style things which I've found on Google. He also mentioned it's bolt on but not cat-back.

I'm also interested in the Mugen one- and am planning to buy end of yr =] Just need to wait and see.

Shimian
01-09-2007, 07:06 PM
There are some members on other forums who claims it does give some HP with dynos provided. Believe them or not, for me, the muffler looks sexy with the bodykit and sounds pretty good too. I mean, there should be some improvements cos its a straight through muffler.

Yes, there are 2 different products. There is a twinloop where it looks like the X-Force muffler (with the pipe that loops back around) and this one
http://members.optushome.com.au/~shimian8/MugenMuffler.JPG

The picture is the one from Mugen website going for about $1100, also the one im getting. The pictured one is plug and play. Not sure about the twinloop one.

ozR18
02-09-2007, 12:19 AM
poison! poison!

JaCe
13-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I have asked my cousins to investigate the local price in Malaysia.. shall report back asap.

markCivicVti
13-09-2007, 12:11 PM
I got a quote from pedders for their sport ryder springs to lower my (yet to arrive) civic vti. The quote was for $600 fitted. I know ozzy tires does kings fitted for $400. Are pedders sports ryder springs any good? Is there any reason to pay an extra 200 just for this brand?

Aco3n
13-09-2007, 12:50 PM
I got a quote from pedders for their sport ryder springs to lower my (yet to arrive) civic vti. The quote was for $600 fitted. I know ozzy tires does kings fitted for $400. Are pedders sports ryder springs any good? Is there any reason to pay an extra 200 just for this brand?

why don't you go with H&R or eibach instead? got mine around 450 if not mistaken

JaCe
13-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Does it make a lot of difference? I admit I don't really push my Civic much but so far I have been relatively happy and am quite used to it... and it's good for my city commute.

markCivicVti
13-09-2007, 01:03 PM
why don't you go with H&R or eibach instead? got mine around 450 if not mistaken

Only because I havent found somewhere that stocks/installs them.

Did you install them yourself?

Do any of the bigger suspension franchises normally sell eibach/H&R/tein springs?

I think my preferences would be a fairly stiff springs/suspension.

Pedders specifically said they don't do any other brands.

Aco3n
13-09-2007, 01:21 PM
went to a local shop.. won't cost you too much tho..

lookup in the states for some options.. in oz there aren't much options apparently..

amurray
22-09-2007, 04:10 PM
just an update... got 4 more sets of splits for the car... also 2 more amps.. that makes 8 amps.. 10 sets of splits now...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3365/mg2888sr8.jpg

dmx
22-09-2007, 08:19 PM
just an update... got 4 more sets of splits for the car... also 2 more amps.. that makes 8 amps.. 10 sets of splits now...

8 amps and 10 split speakers system ? u going to audio competition dude ?

amurray
23-09-2007, 01:45 AM
yea... lol and autosalon lol.. gettin done up as sound car

dmx
29-09-2007, 10:29 PM
yea... lol and autosalon lol.. gettin done up as sound car
remind me to my past :D

dmx
29-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Mugen resevoir + oil cap + batt cover + R18 cover = dirty
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/engine.jpg
Mugen vs JDM CTR emblems
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/frontcopy.jpg
Mugen custom rear bodykit
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/bkcopy.jpg
Mugen Bodykits
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/bk2copy.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/sd.jpg
Mugen wheel emblems
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/velg.jpg
Mugen mirror Cover
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/mirror.jpg
Mugen pedal sets
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/pedal.jpg
Mugen Garnish
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/frontp.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/rearp.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/button.jpg
JDM CTR key panel
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/key.jpg
Interior
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/all.jpg

Final dress up at this stage(some mods/accs not to mention), getting bored & have to build pergola+decking for my home (yes, owner builder is back).Time to swap my screwdriver with power tools ;)
But
still hunting for JDM CTR Red H steering wheel emblem (last piece of JDM CTR Red H):p
and will consider 2din dash panel (if 2din aftermarket HU with intergrated GPS available) and red/black leather seat cover CTR style + re-trim door panel in the future:zip:
Thanks for looking :honda:

Shimian
29-09-2007, 11:41 PM
very nice ride. Just wondering about your left exhaust pipes. Are you running an actual system or the left dual pipes are fakes for looks?
Also your footrest, is that a full replacement or a screw on?

JaCe
30-09-2007, 02:10 AM
^ I also wonder if that's a real exhaust system.

Does the CTR start button actually work or just for show?

It looks very nice what you've done though. I can see you went all out with the Mugen gear! I can see you also went to some kindof conversion to move the turn signals to use the mirror-mounted ones, and then you put some kind of vents on the side of the car M3 style?

Shimian
30-09-2007, 08:56 AM

It looks very nice what you've done though. I can see you went all out with the Mugen gear! I can see you also went to some kindof conversion to move the turn signals to use the mirror-mounted ones, and then you put some kind of vents on the side of the car M3 style?

The start button does work. But i prefer to get the pivot security version. That one you need to input a code (2 numbers) by pressing the start button the amount of times. E.g. if number is 25, you press twice, wait, then 5 times before your car starts.

Bob san
30-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Mugen resevoir + oil cap + batt cover + R18 cover = dirty
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/engine.jpg
Mugen vs JDM CTR emblems
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/frontcopy.jpg
Mugen custom rear bodykit
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/bkcopy.jpg
Mugen Bodykits
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/bk2copy.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/sd.jpg
Mugen wheel emblems
Mugen mirror Cover
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/mirror.jpg
Mugen pedal sets
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/pedal.jpg
Mugen Garnish
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/frontp.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/rearp.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/button.jpg
JDM CTR key panel
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/key.jpg
Interior
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/test/all.jpg

Final dress up at this stage(some mods/accs not to mention), getting bored & have to build pergola+decking for my home (yes, owner builder is back).Time to swap my screwdriver with power tools ;)
But
still hunting for JDM CTR Red H steering wheel emblem (last piece of JDM CTR Red H):p
and will consider 2din dash panel (if 2din aftermarket HU with intergrated GPS available) and red/black leather seat cover CTR style + re-trim door panel in the future:zip:
Thanks for looking :honda:

nice, those red badges look really nice.

JaCe
30-09-2007, 01:50 PM
The start button does work. But i prefer to get the pivot security version. That one you need to input a code (2 numbers) by pressing the start button the amount of times. E.g. if number is 25, you press twice, wait, then 5 times before your car starts.

1. So in his case it actually works? Does that mean he inserts key, turns it, and then uses the CTR button to start? Seems rather troublesome.

2. The security system would probably be good on a car which was a target for thieves. AFAIK, our car isn't on the "hot cars list" (just yet).

dmx
30-09-2007, 04:06 PM
very nice ride. Just wondering about your left exhaust pipes. Are you running an actual system or the left dual pipes are fakes for looks?
Also your footrest, is that a full replacement or a screw on?
left exhaust connected with right exhaust. footrest is full replacement, anyone want buy my stock footrest ? :D joking !!!

yap, it works, DIY if u interested, http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42680&page=3
aha, sharp eyes, not only that, i also put audio control button (yes, it works).

hmm..complicated bro

1. So in his case it actually works? Does that mean he inserts key, turns it, and then uses the CTR button to start? Seems rather troublesome.

i didn't cut off the original starter cable, so u can either crank or push to start engine, just for fun. in my eyes, now the style of mirror blinker (merc/aurion/subaru/toyota/etc) and engine start button (corolla/kluger/s2000/ctr/etc) must to have.

Shimian
30-09-2007, 04:22 PM
DMX:

Is that a custom exhaust setup or a plug and play? What model/brand are you using?

The Pivot Security sounds complicated, but its secure. Even if you have the key, you will not be able to start the car unless you know the combination. Unlike CTR start button, you have key, off you go :eek:

Looking to get the footrest too. Hopefully in a few weeks. Looks sexy

JaCe
01-10-2007, 12:46 AM
yap, it works, DIY if u interested, http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42680&page=3
aha, sharp eyes, not only that, i also put audio control button (yes, it works).

lol i read ur post in the other thread, can u pls elaborate on how it works exactly? do you still need key in before it starts when you push button? you just don't need to turn key correct? i'm quite interested actually.... looks hot. but then i'm already using 1 of the 3 slots for interior lighting, and then i'm planning on putting fog lights in- which means i won't have enough room for the engine start ><

dmx
02-10-2007, 04:19 PM
nice, those red badges look really nice.
:D but at the end, still the same car like urs ;)

DMX:

Is that a custom exhaust setup or a plug and play? What model/brand are you using?

The Pivot Security sounds complicated, but its secure. Even if you have the key, you will not be able to start the car unless you know the combination. Unlike CTR start button, you have key, off you go :eek:

Looking to get the footrest too. Hopefully in a few weeks. Looks sexy
custom fitted, need make a new bracket, pipe, etc, quite headache plus have to make left hole(on stock bumper):eek:

lol i read ur post in the other thread, can u pls elaborate on how it works exactly? do you still need key in before it starts when you push button? you just don't need to turn key correct? i'm quite interested actually.... looks hot. but then i'm already using 1 of the 3 slots for interior lighting, and then i'm planning on putting fog lights in- which means i won't have enough room for the engine start ><

looks like, every non-luxury car which have engine button, s2k-ctr-kluger-corolla-etc, still have to put key in, do 1st turn for electrical system, and 2nd for turn off immobilizer system, after that you free to push the button. but for luxury car - bmw-audi-,called smart keyless entry(proximity keyless ), you just put the key in your pocket, once u touch the door panel, door lock would open and when u inside, you can push the button right away. of course it might be have secure system behind that.:thumbsup:

means, u have to buy oem fog light (switch would be around light pole) and installed jdm ctr engine button with the panel 'coz the panel still comes with free 1 unused button(this case for ur interior lighting switch):cool:

JaCe
02-10-2007, 08:07 PM
lol thx for the advice. I think I'll just pass on it because it's not that big an issue to me. Admit it looks cool though.

marc-o-lishuz
03-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Can I join in this group? I have an 06 Civic Si (USDM) so it's not an FD chassis... it's the FG2 in Fiji Blue Pearl.

Exterior
HFP 4pc aero kit
LED license plate lights
JDM DC5 emblems
18" Mugen GP
215/40/18 Nitto Neogen
HFP shocks/Comptech springs
Adjustable rear camber arms
Customlightz HID retrofit (TSX projectors)

Interior
Red LED map lights
White LED dome light
Custom aluminum door sill guards with Si logo

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/mugen.jpg

Winter mode - putting on the Championship White 17" Gram Lights 57C :p

dmx
03-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Can I join in this group? I have an 06 Civic Si (USDM) so it's not an FD chassis... it's the FG2 in Fiji Blue Pearl.

welcome - welcome...put something different in this threat
lucky u, have 2door coupe !:thumbsup:

marc-o-lishuz
03-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Sometimes I wish I bought the CSX Type-S instead (basically the FD Type-R) because of the huge aftermarket support. But whatever, I like the 2-door. :p

You guys have some really nice FDs :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JaCe
03-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm amazed that a US person found the OzHonda forums... I guess it shows the international appeal of the OzHonda site!

Anyhow, that looks pretty sweet. I'm not too much of a fan of the USDM equivalent to our FD (the tail lights look a bit odd to me, and the front is very conservative), but the coupe is hot!

marc-o-lishuz
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I was impressed at the tuning scene when I was in Brisbane a couple years ago, so I decided to Google "Honda forum + Australia", and apparently this is the biggest and best :p

PS - I'm Canadian. :wave:

cracker
03-10-2007, 06:05 PM
lol mad car

JaCe
03-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I was impressed at the tuning scene when I was in Brisbane a couple years ago, so I decided to Google "Honda forum + Australia", and apparently this is the biggest and best :p

PS - I'm Canadian. :wave:

OIC! lol.. I thought Canda had the Acura CSX which is the same as our FD? Or was it some other name? *shrugs*

ps. I didn't even know Brisbane had that much of a tuning scene. I always would've guessed either Sydney or Melbourne.

xqwzit
03-10-2007, 10:30 PM
brisbane tuning scene is bigger cos theres nothing better to do up there :P

andyhui01
03-10-2007, 11:40 PM
OIC! lol.. I thought Canda had the Acura CSX which is the same as our FD? Or was it some other name? *shrugs*

ps. I didn't even know Brisbane had that much of a tuning scene. I always would've guessed either Sydney or Melbourne.

na... Brisbane's tuning scene is crazy... much better than Melb :D

marc-o-lishuz
04-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Yes, ,the FD Civic is sold in Canada as the Acura CSX, and we also have the USDM Civic also (FA 4dr and FG 2dr).

JaCe
04-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Sorry for hijacking thread a bit but do you have both Honda AND Acura dealers in Canada? Must be confusing...

cracker
04-10-2007, 09:36 AM
:| YOU JUST HIJACKED THE THREAD!!!! lol jks

marc-o-lishuz
04-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry for hijacking thread a bit but do you have both Honda AND Acura dealers in Canada? Must be confusing...
Yes we do.

Honda sells the Civic (FA and FG), Accord, CRV, Fit/Jazz, Odyssey, Pilot (SUV), and Ridgeline (pick-up truck)

Acura sells the TSX (Euro Accord), CSX (FD Civic + Type-S), TL (larger V6 TSX + Type-S), MDX (full-size SUV), RDX (small SUV), and RL (Legend)

Not really confusing... :p

JaCe
04-10-2007, 02:06 PM
lol it's confusing in the sense that they've split it into two... but thanks for the info!

marc-o-lishuz
04-10-2007, 04:25 PM
No prob. Check out their websites if you want more info:

www.honda.ca
www.acura.ca

dannybubu
04-10-2007, 06:09 PM
has anyone installed the K&N typhoon intake yet?

marc-o-lishuz
05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Couple more shots...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/mugen4.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/mugen6.jpg

:wave:

JaCe
05-10-2007, 08:31 AM
has anyone installed the K&N typhoon intake yet?

Not here AFAIK but there's a few on the Singaporean forums who've done it.

I should've asked more in terms of what the exact model for the 1.8L Civic is, what it requires in installation and how easily reversible it is.

Couple more shots...

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/mugen4.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/mugen6.jpg

:wave:

Nice Mugen rims. Did you change them yourselves or did it come with them? The reason I ask is that I know some markets (e.g. Malaysia and America), some cars come full factory fitted with Mugen gear.

marc-o-lishuz
05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Nice Mugen rims. Did you change them yourselves or did it come with them? The reason I ask is that I know some markets (e.g. Malaysia and America), some cars come full factory fitted with Mugen gear.
Those rims come standard on the 2008 Mugen Si sedan sold in the US, but I have an '06 so those aren't standard equiment.

But alas - I am on the stock rims right now. I'm waiting on tires for my 17" Gram Lights 57Cs for winter mode. I hate the cold! LOL

happy
07-10-2007, 01:03 AM
buy all from www.civicdrm.co.nr ?:confused:

cracker
07-10-2007, 10:42 AM
hey dmx my friends bought me a red honda badge for the rear and they were noobs and the two pins dont fit the ones needed for the car...so i was thinking of breaking off the pins and getting some sort of mega super glue and glue it on the back..........do you think thats a good idea lol?

JaCe
07-10-2007, 06:32 PM
dmx.
do you buy all from www.civicdrm.co.nr ?:confused:

Can't believe there is a whole site dedicated to the Civic FD Type-R parts. Didn't think the car was that hot yet- but then maybe they are hoping for a surge in the future?

... but it's hosed on Angelfire and looks very professional?

dmx
07-10-2007, 09:20 PM
dmx.
do you buy all from www.civicdrm.co.nr ?:confused:
hmmmm... yes and no.
No --> not from that web
Yes --> i bought from the man behind that web. when he travelled around sing and thai, i asked him to buy some for me :p
hey, how do u know that web ?

hey dmx my friends bought me a red honda badge for the rear and they were noobs and the two pins dont fit the ones needed for the car...so i was thinking of breaking off the pins and getting some sort of mega super glue and glue it on the back..........do you think thats a good idea lol?
if you got the genuine ones, definitely fit (holes and pins). mine perfectly fit.
ok, if u want to break the pins, but mega super glue ("mega" word makes me feel scary dude:)) not a good idea.just use silicon glue which u can buy from supercheap, i think strong enough.but once again, mine also comes with strong double tape behind it.or may be just use strong 3m double tape ?

Can't believe there is a whole site dedicated to the Civic FD Type-R parts. Didn't think the car was that hot yet- but then maybe they are hoping for a surge in the future?

... but it's hosed on Angelfire and looks very professional?
is the web run already ? actually, he did more trade/mass order with subaru parts (he drive sti)-freelance. he said to me, he wants try to do trade/mass for civic FD and ozhonda do not allowed mass order in this forum, means have to try from outside web. that's why he trying with free (not sure free or not, just guessing) web server first.
first he asked me to handle it, i said no time for that. like i mention before, i have to start to build pergola/decking for my home:(

yclvtec
07-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Is the audio buttons on the steering wheel a direct bolt on? I heard you have to take the airbag off to install it. Also where did u get it?

I am interested to put one in my VTi as well. Also the start button.

dmx
08-10-2007, 04:49 PM
Is the audio buttons on the steering wheel a direct bolt on? I heard you have to take the airbag off to install it. Also where did u get it?

I am interested to put one in my VTi as well. Also the start button.
start with audio button.
direct bolt on ? yes. but you have to put 2 extra cable from steering wheel socket to HU.i will post diy audio button later but i didn't take any pic before, means i have to search from other forum.
yes, have to remove the airbag, hmm. actually, not as scare as its sound, just take off the horn part :) that why we have to disconnect the batt first. in case the airbag blow up :)
where to get it ? i got a quote from honda dealer $200 (with cruise control button, the harness connect together with CC button)
but i bought from http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/ only around AUD 63 to post within US states. but u must have relative in there, so they can post again to you (just AUD 7), means total only AUD 70.:p same stuff but $130 save!

now the start button.
installation : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42680&page=3

dannybubu
08-10-2007, 06:02 PM
anyone know what size lug nuts the FD1 takes?

cracker
08-10-2007, 07:07 PM
hahah yeah my nuts...ZING!!

dmx
09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
hahah yeah my nuts...ZING!!
LOL LOL LOL :D:D:D

denot
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
how much again dmx?

Shimian
09-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Wouldnt mind the double din dash.

Installing 2 new mods this Saturday. Mugen spoiler and my front strut bar. Will post some pics soon.

cracker
10-10-2007, 11:21 AM
whats a strut bar lol?

DropBear
10-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Installing 2 new mods this Saturday. Mugen spoiler and my front strut bar. Will post some pics soon.

Looking forward to hearing your comments on the strut-bar, both the install and any cornering improvements - I've still got my eye on the Cusco 3-point one, yours is 3-point as well Shimian?

bangers178
10-10-2007, 01:59 PM
With my Honda civic 06 Vti

i have:
Pivot Valtage stab. + Grounding
Simota Short ram intake
Honda factory Fog light
Honda Factory Rear parking sensors
Paint Protection
19' visconti lx-d

Waiting to be installed:(need Double Din Facia Kit)
2 MB quartz 12' Subs
MB quartz Referance Splits
RF T5001 amp
RF T3002 amp
Alpine CDA-9887

Next:
mugen bodykit
where can i get one???

denot
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM

i have:
Simota Short ram intake
Honda factory Fog light
Paint Protection

2 MB quartz 12' Subs
RF T5001 amp
RF T3002 amp
Alpine CDA-9887

got pics? :p

bangers178
10-10-2007, 02:15 PM
just looks standard dude. lol
no body work atm.
but i am wondering where can i get replica mugen bodykit?
looking to do that in the very soon

DropBear
10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Mugen wheel emblems

I'm lovin' your Type-DMXR man, very inspirational :thumbsup: can I ask what the Mugen Wheel Emblems are made from? Are they decals/transfers or actual metal badges?

happy
10-10-2007, 04:04 PM

i have:
Simota Short ram intake
Honda factory Fog light
Paint Protection

2 MB quartz 12' Subs
RF T5001 amp
RF T3002 amp
Alpine CDA-9887

How much DC for parking sensors mate ?

Shimian
10-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Looking forward to hearing your comments on the strut-bar, both the install and any cornering improvements - I've still got my eye on the Cusco 3-point one, yours is 3-point as well Shimian?

Im using Ultra Racing 2 point strut bar
http://www.ultraracing.com.my/ultraracing/ProductDetailView.asp?ID=377&DP_JpgID=Honda%20FD%20front.jpg&Tablename=DaxAdvertiseP

andyhui01
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM

My Cusco 3 point just came in.. going to install it tomorrow, I'll tell you if there are any improvements on my cruise to Kinglake/Marysville this weekend :D

dmx
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm lovin' your Type-DMXR man, very inspirational :thumbsup: can I ask what the Mugen Wheel Emblems are made from? Are they decals/transfers or actual metal badges?
it's just a old junk stuff. Got it long time ago (u can see abit yellow already :thumbdwn:), old mugen wheel center caps. made by hard plastic. i have to cut it, trimmed and join with existing leg caps.

My Cusco 3 point just came in.. going to install it tomorrow, I'll tell you if there are any improvements on my cruise to Kinglake/Marysville this weekend :D

both of u guys, please inform us about the strut bar.felt over steering when turning, so i tried changed with 18" wheels (225), but only little help. may be strut bar would make much more better ?

Shimian
13-10-2007, 02:18 PM
installed my 2 point strut bar today. This is what ive noticed.

Not much difference in turning and U turns. Maybe a slight improvement. But where i found the improvement was when changing lanes quickly, i can feel better control of the car. Also when rounds are bendy, curving at around 45 degrees. You can feel the car more stable.

Its kinda hard to explain. But overall, a cheap mod like this is worth getting.

marc-o-lishuz
13-10-2007, 02:25 PM
You would get better handling response with a thicker rear sway bar. The front is stiff enough.

dmx
13-10-2007, 02:50 PM
installed my 2 point strut bar today. This is what ive noticed.

Not much difference in turning and U turns. Maybe a slight improvement. But where i found the improvement was when changing lanes quickly, i can feel better control of the car. Also when rounds are bendy, curving at around 45 degrees. You can feel the car more stable.

Its kinda hard to explain. But overall, a cheap mod like this is worth getting.
how with 3point SB ? makes any diff again wit 2point ? we wait for andyhui result. btw, how much for 2 point shimian ?thx

You would get better handling response with a thicker rear sway bar. The front is stiff enough.

:Dat the end, we have to change front, middle and rear :eek:

amurray
13-10-2007, 03:11 PM
i think the 2 point is 275 RRP here

Shimian
13-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Ill pm you. Not sure if these 'how much threads are allowed'

marc-o-lishuz
15-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Back on stockers. ;)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/marc-o-lishuz/IMG_5312copy.jpg

cracker
15-10-2007, 11:39 AM
ur car looks nice

bangers178
15-10-2007, 01:19 PM
How much DC for parking sensors mate ?

ummm... 4-5 hundred can't really remember. your better off buying an after market one. its cheaper that way.

JaCe
15-10-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure if it's my stock tyres lack of grip or the lack of stability bar which is causing my car to not feel that great when I corner hard.

marc-o-lishuz
15-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure if it's my stock tyres lack of grip or the lack of stability bar which is causing my car to not feel that great when I corner hard.
Have you checked your tire pressure?

andyhui01
15-10-2007, 06:52 PM
^Jace, do you mean by the car since you bought it or just recently? Because let me assure you, I just brought my car on some very twisty roads and I can assure you that the civic in stock (just 17" rims with 225/45/17) form corners very very good.

Oops... I'll just post more opinions on my Cusco 3pt as promised.

I've driven on the Spurs (A very twisty road in VIC) a couple of times in my civic before the strut bar and just yesterday, I did another run in my car. tbh, when i first installed it, it wasn't like getting my 17", I didn't notice any differnce right away. Roundabouts, Free on-off ramps still felt similiar, gave me abit more confidence. The car still does roll (I know it isnt supposed to help but I'll just point it out for people who don't know). However, When I really pushed it very very hard on the twisty roads (By Hard I mean kicking the ABS during braking, tyres pretty much understeering on some bends)... I really noticed the diff between no strut bar and with... the car just gave me so much more confidence, even when the car is slightly understeering, I was still felt confident that it'll sort itself. Before I had the strut bar, when I went into the same corners, I was nowhere as daring, the car just didn't give me confidence at all. One Thing I noticed different between getting Strut's on this compared to Struts on a Prelude, Because this is 3 point... it seems to strengthen the Chassis and not only balancing the load of the 2 front suspensions.

Overall, for a 300+AUD mod, it gives very very good result. Next up to improve my handling, Camber kits, Rear ARB, Rear Strutbar and Coilovers :D. If You're looking for something to improve your cornering during normal driving, I highly doubt it'll improve much... I honestly can't tell the diff... you have to start pushing hard to actually notice the difference.

dmx
15-10-2007, 08:46 PM
ummm... 4-5 hundred can't really remember. your better off buying an after market one. its cheaper that way.
my personal opinion, get the genuine one(color match), after market sometimes come with black plastic sensor(unless ur car is black).that's my $0.02

^Jace, do you mean by the car since you bought it or just recently? Because let me assure you, I just brought my car on some very twisty roads and I can assure you that the civic in stock (just 17" rims with 225/45/17) form corners very very good.

Overall, for a 300+AUD mod, it gives very very good result. Next up to improve my handling, Camber kits, Rear ARB, Rear Strutbar and Coilovers :D. If You're looking for something to improve your cornering during normal driving, I highly doubt it'll improve much... I honestly can't tell the diff... you have to start pushing hard to actually notice the difference.
does VTi-L come with 17" already ???
if no diff for normal driving, i don't think would get it. i'm not kind of racer:D

xqwzit
15-10-2007, 08:53 PM
strut bars are designed for high speed stability and twisties not normal street driving

andyhui01
15-10-2007, 11:07 PM
my personal opinion, get the genuine one(color match), after market sometimes come with black plastic sensor(unless ur car is black).that's my $0.02

does VTi-L come with 17" already ???
if no diff for normal driving, i don't think would get it. i'm not kind of racer:D

What I meant by that is my only mod is 17" rims with 224/45 tyres :D... sorry for the mixup

and xqwzit, you're spot on... if someone took out my strutbar and I drove it to uni/shops/going out the next day, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference... but take it to the back roads and I'll notice it right away.

Shimian
15-10-2007, 11:30 PM
After installing my 2 point ultra racing front strut bar, i went for a drive to Monbulk. For those whos familiar with the road to Monbulk from the city, its all bendy roads and speeds between 60-80. Thats when i noticed the strut bar kicking in. I noticed i didnt have to slow down as much when going around the bendy track.

My bar is nowhere near as expensive as CUSCO. Mayve the CUSCO is a little bit better than my Ultra Racing?

andyhui01
16-10-2007, 07:55 AM
^I think it has something to do with the 3 point that not only balances the load of the suspension, but to provide extra chassis support as well which is why it was pretty expensive for a Strut Bar. But the Cusco 3 point wouldn't have fit in your FD2 anyway.

JaCe
16-10-2007, 04:05 PM
VTi-L comes with 16s doesn't it? Mine came with 15s since I bought it at launch. Tyre pressure should be fine- I think I should also add that I'm referring to local gravel (not-very-smooth) roads in my area...

Jo_e
17-10-2007, 04:31 PM
My lil Civic:

Mods:
+ 17'' Rims
+ Mugen Replica Grille
+Mugen Genuine Read Wing
+ K&N air Filter
+ Phillips crystal vision headlights

Misc:
+ 30% tints
+ Colour coded sides

Future Mods:
+ New bumper?
+ Bodykit
+ Pod filter

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Joey_Ip/Hondacivicmine2.jpg
(More Photos coming soon)

Thanks to Jace for helping me with many of the parts. And B.K auto for install.

Shimian
17-10-2007, 05:29 PM
dam, so jealous of you and Jace with the mugen wing. Getting mine installed this sunday. Cant wait

TurBIce
17-10-2007, 06:11 PM
thats awsome!

cracker
17-10-2007, 07:26 PM
yeahhh chatswoood!

TurBIce
17-10-2007, 07:58 PM
yeahhh chatswoood!

?? that pics from chatswood?

cracker
17-10-2007, 09:06 PM
oh i dunno im just saying yeah chatswood lol

e50300
18-10-2007, 01:46 AM
hey how much did u get the sport rims for? n wich dealer? thanks

JaCe
18-10-2007, 12:02 PM
BK install aye?

People have PM'd me asking about my HID install.. also got done at same place as Jo_E got his wing done;

Here are some shots which might help those doing a DIY;
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/535/250820071716ro1.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=250820071716ro1.jpg) http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5545/250820071717ku5.th.jpg (http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=250820071717ku5.jpg) http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4844/250820071712tu5.th.jpg (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=250820071712tu5.jpg)

And Jo_E, we'll get our cars cleaned for this Sunday or something :) Or maybe Sat morning if I don't stay out too late on Fri night.

Datuk
18-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Thks for the pics!

markCivicVti
18-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow, Jo_E that white FD looks great... with a sports kit you can really make it look like a FD2R (i thinks thats the code)... just need brembo covers (if they have it on the FD2R).

I'm starting to think i should have ordered a white one not black. Oh well... the black one looks more 'luxury'.. where as your white one looks more 'sporty'.

I'm so looking forward to getting mine. 80&#37; sure I will slap a full kit on it within a couple of weeks of taking delivery. We can afford it.. but might chose to take out a smaller car loan instead.

TurBIce
18-10-2007, 01:17 PM

then yea chatswood too:)

Jo_e
18-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Thanks guys for the comments, and I think i've replied to the PM's.
Um in response, its not Chatswood its Cherrybrook yo. lol But sometimes the car is parked @ chatty.
Yeh, the white one doesnt look as classy but i chose white coz i've always loved the CW DC5R...
Just in case any one else is wondering the rims were from a local tyre shop and cost around $1400. However the ride is not as comfortable as stock..=[
and now my car cannot fit 5 people otherwise the ride gets too low and i cant get over speed humps. >.<

denot
18-10-2007, 01:28 PM
jo_e did you lower the springs? didnt mention it on your list there...

Jo_e
18-10-2007, 01:30 PM
jo_e did you lower the springs? didnt mention it on your list there...

Oh no. its just when i changed the rims and got low profile tyres...its just somehow low..and with 5 people in the car...gets somehow lower...
I got it checked and they said it was normal :confused:

denot
18-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Oh no. its just when i changed the rims and got low profile tyres...its just somehow low..and with 5 people in the car...gets somehow lower...
I got it checked and they said it was normal :confused:

man... from the pics it looks like the rim almost touch the ground :(

this makes me want to keep my stock for a while...

andyhui01
18-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys for the comments, and I think i've replied to the PM's.
Um in response, its not Chatswood its Cherrybrook yo. lol But sometimes the car is parked @ chatty.
Yeh, the white one doesnt look as classy but i chose white coz i've always loved the CW DC5R...
Just in case any one else is wondering the rims were from a local tyre shop and cost around $1400. However the ride is not as comfortable as stock..=[
and now my car cannot fit 5 people otherwise the ride gets too low and i cant get over speed humps. >.<

What are your rim size and tyre size?

cracker
18-10-2007, 04:39 PM
i too am getting 8000k h.i.d's

TurBIce
18-10-2007, 05:58 PM

then yea chatswood too:)

JaCe
18-10-2007, 08:45 PM
haha so random jo_e... the other day at uni, this guy comes upto me and says "hey did u park ur car at chatty? i saw the mugen wing on it"... something abt ppl spotting civics in chatswood *shrugs* don cafe ftw!

i too am getting 8000k h.i.d's

lol why the need for 8000k?

Shimian
18-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Speaking of HID, im thinking of changing mine. But after sitting in my gfs car parked in front of my civic with MTEC halogen globes, it is so damn blinding in the rear view mirror. And HIDs are probably 3-4X brighter. Also driving back home the other night, a car with HIDs was coming my way and i almost couldnt see where i was going. As it drew level to my car, it was a Civic FD.

So you guys tried sitting in a car in front or look at the car from the opposite traffic direction? Its so damn bright. Not sure if i want to change now. Definitely will attract police

Bob san
18-10-2007, 09:38 PM
My lil Civic:

Mods:
+ 17'' Rims
+ Mugen Replica Grille
+Mugen Genuine Read Wing
+ K&N air Filter
+ Phillips crystal vision headlights

Misc:
+ 30&#37; tints
+ Colour coded sides

Future Mods:
+ New bumper?
+ Bodykit
+ Pod filter

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Joey_Ip/Hondacivicmine2.jpg
(More Photos coming soon)

Thanks to Jace for helping me with many of the parts. And B.K auto for install.

hey nice wing. the wing by itself looks alright without the rest of the kit. btw what wheels are those?

denot
19-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Speaking of HID, im thinking of changing mine. But after sitting in my gfs car parked in front of my civic with MTEC halogen globes, it is so damn blinding in the rear view mirror. And HIDs are probably 3-4X brighter. Also driving back home the other night, a car with HIDs was coming my way and i almost couldnt see where i was going. As it drew level to my car, it was a Civic FD.

So you guys tried sitting in a car in front or look at the car from the opposite traffic direction? Its so damn bright. Not sure if i want to change now. Definitely will attract police

shimian, your signature pics look good!!! maybe you should get the real one? :p

cracker
19-10-2007, 03:25 PM
lol why the need for 8000k?

my good friend...it was the only choice the guy wud give me...if it wer up to me i wud of gone 15000k nice and purpley!

Shimian
19-10-2007, 06:30 PM
shimian, your signature pics look good!!! maybe you should get the real one? :p

im so tempted to get it. But the only concern i have is that if one of the rings blows, then bye bye. And you cannot fix it as the rings are integrated. So unless i get the headlamps and if one blows, i blow the other one too so that it will look balanced :(

ryanc
20-10-2007, 02:24 PM

totally agree... i HATE it when they are drivin onto u at night time... i have to slow down so much cause i seriously feel blind sometimes..

Jo_e
22-10-2007, 03:16 PM
As promised here are more pics of both me and JaCes Civics:

Link:http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1398022#post1398022
Enjoy! ^^

E50300, there is a photo of wheels there but not very clear, sorry been a bit busy but i will send clearer shots of my wheels as soon as my uni work dies.

JaCe
23-10-2007, 10:01 PM
lol nice pix ;)

danny_mart
24-10-2007, 08:52 PM
hey guys just thought i might post some pics up of my civic fd...
havent really done much yet but have some stuff coming for when i finish hsc to keep me busy...

Exterior
Chrome Door Handles
19inch Zinic Rim w/ Kumho Low Profile Tyres
King Springs Lowered Inch and a half
Calipers
Stock Honda Spoiler
New Number Plate Lights
Boot Civic Plate
Cat Back Exhaust System
K&N Filter
Optima Yellow Top Battery
Red Honda Badges
Strut Bar
Stinger Alarm System

Interior
Voltage Meter
2x10inch Tarantula 800RMS each Subs in custom made Sub Box
Picasso 3500D mono block amp
4 farad Soundstream Capacitor
Bass Works System
Tarantula Splits in front.
Accent Lighting System
Air horn haha was bored
Mugen Gear Nob

Whats to come

Crystal Vision headlights for normal and fog lights
Mugen Wing
Mugen Front Lip
Double din Dash kit Thanks to DMX
Push Start button.
Mugen Pedals
Intake System

Well heres some pics will post some new ones once ive finished all the mods.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA240062.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA240063.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA240067.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA030045.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA240066.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/danny_mart/PA240064.jpg

Shimian
24-10-2007, 09:03 PM
very nice. Those blue rear plate lights are legal? Also, what catback did you install? Modifications required or plug and play?

Im tempted to get the rear red H now i know what it will look like on a silver moss. Is that a geniune badge for rear?

andyhui01
24-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Shimian.. you're not allowed to have blue lights on any part of your car (Impersonating a cop). But tbh, there are so many falcodores and Skylines with them that I don't think a cop will bother pulling over a Civic for that :D

danny.. could I just ask if you get any fender rubbing at all?

danny_mart
24-10-2007, 09:34 PM
very nice. Those blue rear plate lights are legal? Also, what catback did you install? Modifications required or plug and play?

Im tempted to get the rear red H now i know what it will look like on a silver moss. Is that a geniune badge for rear?

Read number plates i got defected for front lights but he said rear number plates are ok....

Front + Rear Honda is geniune badge...they look pretty good.....

Shimian.. you're not allowed to have blue lights on any part of your car (Impersonating a cop). But tbh, there are so many falcodores and Skylines with them that I don't think a cop will bother pulling over a Civic for that :D

danny.. could I just ask if you get any fender rubbing at all?

With a full car i scrub hitting corners hard and going over bumps pretty hard but never when im driving by myself maybe on the rare occasion but i do admitt i had to change to adjust my driving style....

Shimian
24-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Dannymart: What about ur catback? What model? plug and play?

cracker
24-10-2007, 10:04 PM
yeahhh catback...mandrel or bent? how large i the piping and how large is ur tip? and about ur sound system i got a 12 inch with alot of ****ing bootrattle...u too?

danny_mart
24-10-2007, 10:09 PM
yeahhh catback...mandrel or bent? how large i the piping and how large is ur tip? and about ur sound system i got a 12 inch with alot of ****ing bootrattle...u too?

boot rattle actually doesnt seem to be much of a problem but more of the problem the roof and back window seem as if they are going to break....
where the top of the back window and roof join seems to be very weak...

andyhui01
24-10-2007, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE=danny_mart;1401720]Read number plates i got defected for front lights but he said rear number plates are ok....
[QUOTE]

Did you get defected for HID's? or what did you do to your front lights?

Shimian
24-10-2007, 10:38 PM
btw, how come no chrome finisher on ur exhaust? Looks much nicer with one. Looks kinda whimpy without :p

denot
25-10-2007, 11:26 AM
nice one danny_mart!!! pics of your audio installation + interior plox! :p

DropBear
29-10-2007, 11:30 AM
N00b question warning:

If I wanted to install a Mugen Silencer (expensive I know), would I have to go through any paper-work, engineering certificates, etc? I doubt it, just putting the question out there.

It's plug+play, and after having a peek underneath yesterday, it looks like a straight-forward swap-out and install I could do myself.

Thanks if anyone can help with advice.

PS - it's only an axle-back, not the full cat-back, by the way.

cracker
29-10-2007, 03:41 PM
vagyner?

xqwzit
29-10-2007, 05:20 PM
N00b question warning:

If I wanted to install a Mugen Silencer (expensive I know), would I have to go through any paper-work, engineering certificates, etc? I doubt it, just putting the question out there.

It's plug+play, and after having a peek underneath yesterday, it looks like a straight-forward swap-out and install I could do myself.

Thanks if anyone can help with advice.

PS - it's only an axle-back, not the full cat-back, by the way.

just get the fujitsubo legalis r cat back for under 1500.

why spend 1200 on a mugen muffler?

if u insist on getting the mugen its just a straight swap and no paper work needs to be done maybe only ur insurance?

dmx
29-10-2007, 08:22 PM
im so tempted to get it. But the only concern i have is that if one of the rings blows, then bye bye. And you cannot fix it as the rings are integrated. So unless i get the headlamps and if one blows, i blow the other one too so that it will look balanced :(
from other forum :
angel eyes with type-r body kit
(both are NOT recommended)
angel eyes = mazda3
type-r body kit for black FD = hard to notice

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage2.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage3.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage4.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage5.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage6.jpg
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283/jasperdmx/viewimage7.jpg

xqwzit
29-10-2007, 08:31 PM
^ mugen lip kit looks heaps better especially on a black civic

ido09s
29-10-2007, 08:33 PM
those wheels are HOT!!!! if only they werent so expensive :(

Shimian
29-10-2007, 08:34 PM
from other forum :
angel eyes with type-r body kit
(both are NOT recommended)
angel eyes = mazda3

Why dont you recommend eagle eyes? I was looking to get a set

andyhui01
29-10-2007, 10:09 PM
^pretty obvious with your avatar eh?

But yea... from reading, alot of people get moisture and this guy even got a small cockroach in the light... I wouldn't recommend esp if you bring a set in from overseas, hard to do warranty claims.

Shimian
29-10-2007, 10:18 PM
^pretty obvious with your avatar eh?

But yea... from reading, alot of people get moisture and this guy even got a small cockroach in the light... I wouldn't recommend esp if you bring a set in from overseas, hard to do warranty claims.

Apparently moisture can be fixed by either putting silicon on the edges. Also, i was told that there is a connector solely for the led and ccfl. So if any fails, you can simply unplug and use as projectors. They are the only projector type headlights i could find. Looking to install some HIDs and i dont want to blind the crap out of every car that drives past.