PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Bucket seat Retrim

EK4R
22-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Hi guys. i just want to know a rough estimate or someone who has done it previous on cost wise.

its not the reclinable style but the bucket seat. so they is no trim at the back if you get me.

prefer in Melbourne too.

anyways let me know

cheers

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/dbimages/lge221521280504apex_400.jpg

STTICH
22-06-2007, 02:10 AM
check this site out, pretty interesting.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productdetail.asp?pid=317&type=s&appgrpid=14&appid=76&rid=

Zdster has done his in Melb, i'll let him step in on this :thumbsup:

EK4R
22-06-2007, 02:14 AM
thanks kev. always up at night to help noobster out :)

that site is in UK ??

hmm duno if i could trust mike, since his car is turning pink and all :P

STTICH
22-06-2007, 02:25 AM
yea tats a UK site apparently, did a quick search and found it. but u'll get an idea of wat u could do in fixing/repairing a the seat.

i agree.. cant trust a chick wth a salmon pink car eh? ;p ooopps.

..but he shud b able to giv u a guide on good retrimmers in melb. i've seen the workmanship :thumbsup:

btw, if u're after genuine recaro material. most recaro distributors shud b able to provide such service. but u'd expect to pay.

there's one in Highett tat i know of, Chesterville Rd. tel: 9555 7788 (not sure if its up to date)

or in moorrabin http://www.idealseat.com.au/index.html

there shud b some other distributors around.

EK4R
22-06-2007, 02:43 AM
^^ much appriciated will have a look at that site for sure.

il get mike to come on the upcoming cruise and check out his seats. you should come too with vinh , kev :)

ps. tried to rep u but need to spread my love....ill wait for mike to come on and ill just rep u's all and whoever helps me in this thread !! * limited time offer :)

Zdster
22-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey you two :s :). It is a custom colour :p.

I have ordered pieces from those guys in the UK and also can recommend a retrimmer. It was cheaper to get the material from overseas last time I checked. To do the whole seat will probably be in the order of $500-600 a seat front I would have thought.

Let me know if you want the guys details George and I will PM them to you.

kerim
22-06-2007, 09:16 AM
ey man, give instyle custom interiors a call, he does show winning interiors, his name is richy

In Style Custom Interiors
Factory 10/ 49 Garden Drv Tullamarine VIC 3043
ph: (03) 9330 4911

Say kerim, with the orange civic sent you, he should give you a good price

lemme know how you go

Kiz_EG6
22-06-2007, 11:34 AM
yea tats a UK site apparently, did a quick search and found it. but u'll get an idea of wat u could do in fixing/repairing a the seat.

i agree.. cant trust a chick wth a salmon pink car eh? ;p ooopps.

..but he shud b able to giv u a guide on good retrimmers in melb. i've seen the workmanship :thumbsup:

btw, if u're after genuine recaro material. most recaro distributors shud b able to provide such service. but u'd expect to pay.

there's one in Highett tat i know of, Chesterville Rd. tel: 9555 7788 (not sure if its up to date)

or in moorrabin http://www.idealseat.com.au/index.html

there shud b some other distributors around.

Yeah, Sttich is right, these guys are the Genuine thing, retailer and authorised repairer of recaros in Melb, if you go anywhere else, you may as well not have a recaro!!

Zdster
22-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeah, Sttich is right, these guys are the Genuine thing, retailer and authorised repairer of recaros in Melb, if you go anywhere else, you may as well not have a recaro!!

That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. So if you have tein shocks which need to be rebuilt (ie lets say just needs new oil) and you get them done at a local mechanic you might as well throw them away? Just because you are replacing the fabric doesnt make it any less "recaro".

XP02ED
22-06-2007, 12:32 PM
that website is awesome, to bad they dont sell the cloth for the upper bit! dof dc5

Zdster
22-06-2007, 12:39 PM
that website is awesome, to bad they dont sell the cloth for the upper bit! dof dc5

They do - just email them.

Bludger
22-06-2007, 01:12 PM
i think recaro HQ is in Melbourne

they can do it (i think)

Kiz_EG6
22-06-2007, 01:37 PM
That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. So if you have tein shocks which need to be rebuilt (ie lets say just needs new oil) and you get them done at a local mechanic you might as well throw them away? Just because you are replacing the fabric doesnt make it any less "recaro".

Calm down man, sorry i hurt your feelings!!

What I am saying is if you get a recaro fixed by joe dodgy down the road, then you may not get the same quality of materials that you would from a reg'd Recaro repairer/retrimmer, so yes, if you had tein shocks filled with cheap k-mart oil, then yes you mite AS well throw them out, not saying that the mechanic is no good, but if you use inferior materials then the final product can come out badly!!

Maybe i should have said that if you are going to get it retrimmed at some dodgy joint, then you mite aswell throw an AXS seat cover over it!