View Full Version : Ecu

free2d
22-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Anyone tried J's and Spoon PnP ECU?

How are they?

Thanks

curik
22-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that only fits JDM Accord Euro-R with K20, not our Accord Euro with K24. I could be incorrect, but a lot of people here can give you a better explanations.

aaronng
22-06-2007, 09:23 PM
^^ correct! The PnP ecu doesn't support the electronic throttle.

tony1234
23-06-2007, 09:30 AM
^^ correct! The PnP ecu doesn't support the electronic throttle.
Is it only electronic throttle that it doesn't support or cruise control and other dash items as well??

free2d
23-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Ya, mine is JDM CL7R. Thinking of getting it. But which one?

aaronng
24-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Ya, mine is JDM CL7R. Thinking of getting it. But which one?

Do you have intake, headers and exhaust already? If your CL7 is stock, then the J's and Spoon ECU are going to supply too much fuel and run rich.

aaronng
24-06-2007, 02:54 AM
Is it only electronic throttle that it doesn't support or cruise control and other dash items as well??

The electronic throttle, cruise control and the VSA as well.

free2d
24-06-2007, 01:37 PM
It is not drive by wire. Had changed HKS SPF intake and 5Zigen ProRacer catback already. Will put Toda header later.

Now got put Apexi RSM. Thinking if change the whole ECU, then no need Apexi stuffs at all.

Can remove speed limit, change vtec point, increase rpm.

aaronng
24-06-2007, 01:54 PM
It is not drive by wire. Had changed HKS SPF intake and 5Zigen ProRacer catback already. Will put Toda header later.

Now got put Apexi RSM. Thinking if change the whole ECU, then no need Apexi stuffs at all.

Can remove speed limit, change vtec point, increase rpm.

RSM just shows info. Doesn't do anything. The J's racing and Spoon ECU are a custom-flashed ECU. I don't think you'll be able to change the VTEC point and raise the rev limit without the proper interface for your laptop. Do you know if these 2 ECUs have a serial interface?

ALN
24-06-2007, 04:42 PM
RSM just shows info. Doesn't do anything. The J's racing and Spoon ECU are a custom-flashed ECU. I don't think you'll be able to change the VTEC point and raise the rev limit without the proper interface for your laptop. Do you know if these 2 ECUs have a serial interface?

I think both Spoon and J's racing raise the rev limit and the lower the vtec point in their ecu products.

aaronng
24-06-2007, 10:31 PM
I think both Spoon and J's racing raise the rev limit and the lower the vtec point in their ecu products.

Yes, but you cannot alter what they have set.

ALN
25-06-2007, 03:32 AM
Yes, but you cannot alter what they have set.

It's pretuned from japan. Well doesn't it the same with hondata reflash case. It is always better to have tuned specified with your mods.

25-06-2007, 04:24 AM
just get a emanage with the same price or hondata s100 allows u to change vtec, timing and fuel. which what the plug in ecu does except you dont have the SPOON stickers on the ecu :p

mugen88
25-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Get the new Trust V- Manage, which is more suited to engines with variable valve timming such.

Those custom ecu's from J's and Spoon are not tunable without tapping into them with the right software, which means you may or may not get any gain.

You also cant tune them for your current or any future specific mods to get the best of the ecu.

free2d
25-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Those J's and Spoon suppose to optimun our stock engine without do this and that to it. Isnt it? Thats why is plug n plug. Of cos, if I want to mod like crazy, I wouldnt get these. Would got for Hondata or Trust etc.