PDA

View Full Version : d16a8 rebuilt advice

ThEbLaCk
22-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Hi all,

I c many of you are experts on b series, can i have some recommendation on what i need to mod to maximize power on my ZC engine by keeping the engine health and reliable please?

What would be the associate cost i am looking at roughly and who would be the supplier i can contact directly to get parts from?

any comment is appreciated.

thanks

EG5
22-06-2007, 10:54 PM
do intake , header , exhaust for a start , then lighten flywheel + heavy duty clutch.

ThEbLaCk
22-06-2007, 11:20 PM
i recently bought a second hand full exhaust system from a guy for $300.00 and now find out that its a rip off cos the the system is not in really good condition.

but since i have paid for it anyway, who can install it for me at a good price? i will need the installation from header to the resonator then join either stock cat back muffler or get a new one @ 2.25".

thanks guys

Bayani
23-06-2007, 01:57 AM
I have a D16A8 myself; 90 Model CRX.

Where you from? Sydney?

Offload the System you have now.

Liverpool Exhaust - Get them to do the whole I/H/E System.
(Headers from Liverpool cost me $350)

If you're rebullding it, I'd go with OEM Honda Parts - And Oils.
As mentioned, Lightened Flywheel and HD Clutch.

Have the whole thing Tuned.

hyrpm
23-06-2007, 08:12 AM
if yoru serious about it i also get some cams and valve springs if not turbo it as thats where youll get the most gains

ThEbLaCk
23-06-2007, 09:46 AM
do you have a turbo setup in your ZC?

how much power gain can achieve approx if still with NA? what is the compression ratio is your crx?

Ta

QUOTE=Bayani;1226874]I have a D16A8 myself; 90 Model CRX.

Where you from? Sydney?

Offload the System you have now.

Liverpool Exhaust - Get them to do the whole I/H/E System.
(Headers from Liverpool cost me $350)

If you're rebullding it, I'd go with OEM Honda Parts - And Oils.
As mentioned, Lightened Flywheel and HD Clutch.

Have the whole thing Tuned.[/QUOTE]

turtleEK1
24-06-2007, 10:59 AM
ZC were known to be a good boosted motor...

they have good torque at stock and can handle boost quite well! so throwing on a turbo kit would make a good set up!

or... depending on how far out you want to go... there are companys in usa that do precision rebuilds and can get some stupid N/A figures... but it doesn't come cheap!

if you want fun on a budget... like guys have said, I/H/E... clutch and flywheel... and strip some of your interior to make the car lighter if you want... or get some gear to help your cars handling...

SINISTR
17-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Cams and Cam gears + ECU + all the mods listed before with a good tune and you're cranking more power than a B16A anyway.

ThEbLaCk
24-07-2007, 08:58 AM
For engine componets do i need to go for OEM Honda parts? or those that comes from America or ebay will do the same, since my concern is that I cannot find OEH parts for my d16a.