PDA

View Full Version : HID problem help!

dudeling7
23-06-2007, 02:15 PM
hey guys jsut got a plug and play hid system for my car.

the thing is my car on the drivers side of my car, the socket for the lightbulb (white hb4 socket) where you connect a normal bulb in was all crusty and fell apart. so i pulled the wires out of there and rather than using the socket i jsut used the wires and stripped them.

so i did the same to the hid side of the system and striped the wires so that i could connect them together to power the HID ballast. but the thing is the damn thing wont turn on on the drivers side.

no i tried the bulb on the other side and it works so the bulb is ok. i also tried the ballast on teh other bulb and that worked. so im thinking could it be that i need the origional connectors?

or do i have a wiring problem? i really am puzzled because i thought connecting these wires together should work! :(

anyone have any ideas? or id i can get some of those origional white sockets for my headlamp from someone?.....thanks

destrukshn
23-06-2007, 02:30 PM
check the fuse.

zpreme
23-06-2007, 02:45 PM
i pretty much had the exact identical problem. i checked the fuses but all of them seemed to be alright. may be a wiring problem. i checked mine and one of the wires were burnt out so had to fix that up. get an auto elec to check out if anything.

you could always switch the drivers side high beam with low beam and chuck hid in there if you know what i mean for the time being.

destrukshn
23-06-2007, 04:05 PM
check if there is power going to those wires, via a test light or a mulitmeter.

Bludger
23-06-2007, 04:43 PM
i had that problem, it was intermittent.
it might be the length of the wires.

I tried to hide my wires and i had that problem.
If i went direct and messy, i didn't have the problem

EDIT: sorry, yours is PnP

I ran my own wires

dudeling7
23-06-2007, 05:06 PM
thanks for the help. the fuse seems ok and all the other lights work fine., as far as i know there is only 1 40 amp fuse in the engine bay for headlamps.

hmmm could it be wiring? because it worked before with my normal headlights.....

CRXer
23-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Theres actually 4 x 10A fuses under your dash for headlamps,2 for low beam & 2 for high beam.

dudeling7
23-06-2007, 06:58 PM
haha YEP i jsut found out an hour ago it was a blown RHS low beam fuse

lol i feel stupid but it fixed the porblem! yay! HIDS now :)

thanks guys

IZY-10
24-06-2007, 12:03 AM
check for 12v coming out where the it should connect to the balast. if no 12 volt then check if you have a reading coming out of the fuse box in your cabin. also do a continuety test with the groundings

lmfamglia
26-06-2007, 02:36 PM
check the fuse.

destrukshn
26-06-2007, 02:37 PM
lol.
simple ain't it?

dudeling7
27-06-2007, 11:57 AM
^^ haha yes it was :)

now that have them installed how have u hid people aimed your lights? i know that it will never be as good as a retro-fit. and have aimed them fairly low atm.

does anyone with Pnp hid have pics of their cutoff? should the light be like my stock bulbs like ------\ \_______

or do you want them beam to be like --------\________

shouldi jsut adjust is to that it merges and creats one flowing cutoff, is that possible?

thanks

dudeling7
27-06-2007, 01:44 PM
bump*

CL455
29-06-2007, 07:52 PM
damn kev... get me some HID's punk.... where did u get them from ???

and with the aiming of the HID's ... in the accord i dont care... i just let them shine where ever haha

dudeling7
30-06-2007, 12:51 AM
haha

will got them off ebay some 8000k haha for a steal, no one was bidding! :)

lol they are heaps bright but i aimed them down so other people dont get annoyed. the cutoff from the stock teggy projectors is pretty decent too!

CL455
30-06-2007, 08:22 AM
sweet ... show me sometime kev... :)

Boost
30-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Were ur headlights working before when you were running the halogen bulbs? If yes, then there is a chance you will blow another fuse. HID ballast draw heaps of current on startup and then drop off once ignited. You better be careful you dont burn a wire before the fuse blows. Cause if you do..... you will have a VVEERRRRY hard time and so will the auto electrician finding the exact wire that is burnt. your better off runing the ballast throught a 30A 12V relay powered directly through your car batter and triggered by your hb4 stock headlight wire, either left or right hand side it doesnt matter which.

Or you can just go pnp and hope it doesnt blow one day.

dudeling7
30-06-2007, 09:16 AM
what is it that most people use? i thought it was PnP these days that people are using??

the only reason it blow the fuse was because i when i was installing it i did something wrong, it never blew the fuse while i had a halogen in there.

Boost
30-06-2007, 09:59 AM
people use those pnp kits... because its easy to install, but its not necessary the best and correct way. You probably blew the fuse because when you removing the hb4 oem plug the two terminals must have touched each other causing a short. But yeh... its entirely up to you how you want to hook it up. Running it through the relay is the safetest way. Just thought id share that with you thats all. All good mate. :)