PDA

View Full Version : JDM HID headlights-How to replace bulbs?

De_Cruelz
23-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know how to replace the HID bulbs for JDM HID headlights? Do I need to remove the ballast with the voltage warning to gain access to the bulbs? I've searched a bit but couldn't find anything. Btw, their HB4's yea?

Also, I know that the outermost are the projectors, followed by the parkers which share the same housing as the high beam. I'm just curious what is the next, innermost one for?

Thanks guys!

Bludger
23-06-2007, 05:51 PM
innermost are foglights

Jomsy
25-06-2007, 01:34 PM
its not the easiest thing to do but yes the resistor pack need to come off, its only a hand full of bolts

De_Cruelz
25-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for that mate! I'll take a better look at it later.

kid_dynamite
25-06-2007, 03:18 PM
The bulb isn't HB4, it's D2S

De_Cruelz
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry to dig up this old thread as I thought I might as well just post it here. Anyway, I tried removing the ballast with no luck yesterday. Does anyone have some pictures of what I need to remove to gain access to the bulbs? I tried searching www.team-integra.net and www.honda-tech.com as well but nothing. Can't find the JDM Integra service manual as well unfortunately.

One of my bulbs just blew and now I really need to swap it with the new ones. Thanks guys!

FEL12X
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM
u sure its ur ballast blew? or just the bulbs?
and its hard to get the genuine ballast replaced

got a mate had the same problem and finally he modify a aftermarket kit to put in....

De_Cruelz
05-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Not sure which went dead but hopefully its just the bulbs. If its the ballast then basically my JDM front headlights are useless unless I remove the ballasts on both sides and replace with an aftermarket one.

dzyn3
05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
unless it's the same as euro ones.
then i got a set here.
lol.