PDA

View Full Version : DC2 VTIR squeaky shocks worn?

JDM_VTIR
23-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey guys. When my cars cold on start up...over small bumps/speed humps the front shocks make squeaky noises. After driving for awhile the noises seem to disappear. It's really annoying because I've already tried lubricating the bushes etc on the suspension. Sometimes the squeaks don't go away. Are my shocks gone? or is it possibly something else? I was going to get coils overs to save me the money replacing them but at this current time, I'm low on funds so I'll have to get it fixed or replaced. Help us out. Cheers.

Bludger
23-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I've had the same happen on an old 90' accord.

I think its the shock piston, just being dry, it lubes itself after going up and down in the shock housing.

remember, nothing last forever

I got a set of Dc2r shocks if you're interested, they got 60k on them

JDM_VTIR
23-06-2007, 07:01 PM
is there any way to lube it up? i'm don't really want to get new shocks all together. really cbf'ed.

Bludger
23-06-2007, 07:12 PM
not really, its just old

the squeaky ones on the accord are still on there

squeeks alot, but after some driving goes to normal

EGB18CT
23-06-2007, 10:24 PM
check the bushings in the upper control arm or the wish bone, it could be the bushings that are gone cos my civic is squeeking atm and it the bushing in it so yeah check it out...

da spike
26-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Its the shocks, im pretty sure... I had the same problem, when i started the car in the morning and it was cold and drove over some bumps i got the same noise untill i drive the car for a while... the shocks lubed them selves... The solution is and i hate to break it to ya but u need new shocks mate... buy new shocks and put them in ur self its not hard just to save ya some money.. Pedders have good cheaper shocks if u dont want to get coilovers... hope this helps, if it does u know wat to do :angel: + rep