PDA

View Full Version : philips light bulbs

Dy_
24-06-2007, 02:38 PM
I just bought a set of philips bulbs for the car and was wondering if they're any good? its the crystal vision 4300K. If they're not worth it i'll return them.

Also tips on fitting them? i remember reading somewhere there are clips or something?

thanks everyone

Ph@t-G
24-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I think you've made a mistake, did you either get the Blue Vision 4300K or Crystal Vision 4500K?

Anyway I have the Blue Vision and they're alright for the price. Whiter than standard globes but not as bright as say the ricer blue lights other there that blinds others (bloody annoying)! I do find that the Blue Vision needs a bit of warming up before becoming brighter (maybe that's just me). To me it seems a lot brighter after 10 mins or so.

Just remember the higher the Kelvin rating, the less light output there is so even though it looks brighter, there's actually less emittance of light on the road ahead of you.

Dy_
24-06-2007, 03:32 PM
I think you've made a mistake, did you either get the Blue Vision 4300K or Crystal Vision 4500K?

Anyway I have the Blue Vision and they're alright for the price. Whiter than standard globes but not as bright as say the ricer blue lights other there that blinds others (bloody annoying)! I do find that the Blue Vision needs a bit of warming up before becoming brighter (maybe that's just me). To me it seems a lot brighter after 10 mins or so.

Just remember the higher the Kelvin rating, the less light output there is so even though it looks brighter, there's actually less emittance of light on the road ahead of you.

nuh mines the crystal vision 4300K the one up from this was a diamond vision one cant remember the kelvin rating though.. but that was much more expensive and yeah the guy said it wont go as far

Ph@t-G
24-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Ahh that's right... sorry my bad :p

Well in terms of Crystal Vision it's pretty good cause my mate has it as his normal globes in his car. Light output is whiter and brighter, with a good spread angle.

Dy_
24-06-2007, 06:29 PM
kool thanks.

as to fitting them how do you do it? i havnt gone out and looked yet but i've never done it.

Alpine
24-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I actually wasn't looking or intending on buying these but I saw them on special at Hypermarket so I thought "why the hell not!". I think these are 4000K.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5306/headlights004smallge9.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7129/headlights005smallju7.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/1746/headlights002smallzp0.jpg

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8335/headlights003smallil7.jpg

They're not too bad. Very subtle in the blueish appearance, more of a nice white light. It really does seem to illuminate road markings and signs alot better than the standard yellowy globes.

Ph@t-G
24-06-2007, 07:23 PM
I have also read on various other places that HELLA is a sleeper brand to look out for. They apparently just buy Phillips Blue Vision and OSRAM Silverstars and rebrand it as their own. This has been proven with the serials numbers matching various primary manufacturers... lazy Hella.

I think from memory the way to tell what's what is if the Hella globe has a blue tip then it's Osram Silverstars and if it doesn't then it's Phillips Blue Vision.

Oh and btw same globes, but 20% reduction in price!

Dy_
24-06-2007, 07:34 PM
I have also read on various other places that HELLA is a sleeper brand to look out for. They apparently just buy Phillips Blue Vision and OSRAM Silverstars and rebrand it as their own. This has been proven with the serials numbers matching various primary manufacturers... lazy Hella.

I think from memory the way to tell what's what is if the Hella globe has a blue tip then it's Osram Silverstars and if it doesn't then it's Phillips Blue Vision.

Oh and btw same globes, but 20% reduction in price!

=O we sell heaps of them hella stuff at supercheap

Ph@t-G
24-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Hahaha there you go.. but don't quote me cause I have a really bad memory. But from what's left of it I think it's Hella.

sitta
24-06-2007, 08:19 PM
hm this will be good for high beam so that you can only have 1 hid kit not 4 ballast hanging aorund

mugeneration
24-06-2007, 10:11 PM
These all good for civics too? My mechanic told me that if the bulbs are too powerful they can melt the plastic inside the headlight?

Ph@t-G
24-06-2007, 10:15 PM
That's only if the bulbs have a higher wattage rating. The Phillips and Narva ones are all rated at 60/55W, so safe to use and won't melt stock wiring. Only if you put HID in a stock headlight case then it'll melt!

sitta
24-06-2007, 10:55 PM
That's only if the bulbs have a higher wattage rating. The Phillips and Narva ones are all rated at 60/55W, so safe to use and won't melt stock wiring. Only if you put HID in a stock headlight case then it'll melt!

i thought taht was a myth, check out the diy section some guy did hid and said the halogen is much hotter

Dy_
24-06-2007, 10:58 PM
you basically gotta keep it to the 55watts and you wont have any problems

55EXX
25-06-2007, 07:16 PM
i have the narva artic ice in both my headlights and my little oem driving lights down below that and they are awesome. the biggest difference would be how much better signs and other light reflective stuff appears at night. here is a pic of my lower driving lights on. you can see its a nice white light.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2436000-2436999/2436055_17_full.jpg

i have imported projector headlights from the states and my headlights are actually h1's. i have the arctic ice bulbs in my driving light projector and the 50% more light in my high beams the and the 50% more light buld is a yellowy stock coloured light but it does travel further and is more intense. so that is a good choice if you are only really after more light not that blue appearance

Dy_
25-06-2007, 09:51 PM
niceee

philmak
11-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I've got a set of philips diamond visions in h4, if anybody wants them lookss great at night time and not too bad to drive with. pm me if interested.

akusuma
12-07-2007, 12:04 PM

I thought most of the HIDs are using less wattage, I think they are 35W and some are 55W.

take_no_prisoners
09-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Of all phillips upgrades it seems only blue vision 4000k is approved for road use (according to phillips aus website). I might have a look at them, what code (H1, H4, etc) should I be looking for for low-beam halogens (cl9)? Can anybody give a rough indication of price?

Phat-G do you have any pics with the blue vision 4000k?

Thanks

slowly
09-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Of all phillips upgrades it seems only blue vision 4000k is approved for road use (according to phillips aus website). I might have a look at them, what code (H1, H4, etc) should I be looking for for low-beam halogens (cl9)? Can anybody give a rough indication of price?

Phat-G do you have any pics with the blue vision 4000k?

Thanks

vic road statement said you can have white colour beam , and white colour beam is below 5000k , so you can buy any bulb below 5000k. ATTN: above 5000k will be in the blue colour range which is illegel. beside that CL9 should be using H1.

take_no_prisoners
09-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for reply,
So now it's between bluevision, crystalvision and chromium white. I want a powerful light because at the moment, my OEMs are GONE! I like the a little bit of blue color, so I'll probably go bluevision.

Is there any way to compare the two?

xenonkuraz
10-08-2007, 12:09 AM
I thought most of the HIDs are using less wattage, I think they are 35W and some are 55W.

That's right. So the headlight casing shouldn't melt.

Dy_
10-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks for reply,
So now it's between bluevision, crystalvision and chromium white. I want a powerful light because at the moment, my OEMs are GONE! I like the a little bit of blue color, so I'll probably go bluevision.

Is there any way to compare the two?

i've the crystal visions and they're awesome!

some autobarn shops have them set up in a little box and you're able to see the difference in colours etc witha press of a button! lol
Remeber the higher the kelvin ratin is the more light volume you're gonna lose.