PDA

View Full Version : Honda dealer installed alarm

Barge Ass
25-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Anyone know what brand they use? Experieneces? Worth it?

Zilli
25-06-2007, 12:45 PM
with most dealer fitted accessories, you will get ripped off, your better off getting it done yourself mate

Limbo
26-06-2007, 12:25 PM
for the price you pay you can get one that's twice as good with loads more features and better protection.

For your piece of mind ask them to give you the specs on their alarm and cost,then goto a reputable shop and ask them for something of equivelant price and see what you get. I am 100% sure that you will get a better product.

Chuckz
26-06-2007, 01:15 PM
i think the dealerships will sources there own alarms, so each delership may use different alarms, but i'm not too sure. for my car, the dealership fitted repella, but mayb another dealership may have fitted something else. best to ask the dealerships.

Bayani
26-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Depends on car and what you ask for.

Some cars will have OEM units made by known car manufacturers. For instance, WRX Sti's come with BRANT Alarms installed as OEM products.

Have your car alarm installed 3rd party by someone trusted and ensure the system is of good quality; not for simply having a reputation as being used everywhere.

SiReal
26-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Anyway...

I have an OEM Honda alarm installed in my car , by my honda mechanic, who does night jobs. Cost me a 1/4 of the full price. Alarm integrates with the pre-existing wiring, has OEM look n feel key fobs (just with panic button).

Alarm works great - has glass and shock sensors. But obviously not as great as aftermarekt with tilt, etc.

Still, if buying brand new, go for an aftermarket unit.

Drew
26-06-2007, 07:42 PM
When I bought my Civic they had a aftermarket parts consultant come and talk to me about getting spoiler, tints etc etc done

The moment she said "The normal tint is $750"
I said "I think we're done here!"

czy_sol87
27-06-2007, 12:17 PM
i have a dealer alarm installed on my delsol from back when the first owner bought it from Robert Lane honda, its just one button on a control to unlock and lock
but has sensors like hood, boot, doors, immobiliser, so if any of these are opened the alarm will sound and engine cannot be started, also i once started to jack the car up while it was locked and alarm went off(i think this may be the tilt sensor as well)

simonnowis
28-06-2007, 09:01 AM
dealers are a ripp off, we have a deal installed alarm on a prado costed like 500bucks. a brand i never heard of and crap. not many functions, dont get from dealer anything there are crap and rip off. get one yourself. i got a m80g mongoose alarm for the same price in my civic, i bought the alarm myself and got it installed at a caralarm place. all up costed around 500. pretty good alarm.

Wazza
29-06-2007, 07:31 PM
This is slightly off topic I know, but when negotiating the deal on my car last week I enquired about window tinting. From the dealer it was $450, but when I rang the windscreen repairer that has the contract to tint the dealers cars, I was quoted $240. When i enquired about the difference in price, my dealer told me that the only difference in buying the aftermarket accessories such as tinting, car alarms etc from the dealer is that they are actually under warranty by the dealer. For example if the windscreen repairer was to close down, and I had a problem with my tint, the dealer would warrant it. Having said that I am going for the $240 tinting option...