PDA

View Full Version : Rudeness on Ozhonda

lil_miss_vtec
25-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Just letting you know that this forum is going to end up being a forum full of guys unless ppl stop with the rude comments and "picsorban picsorban picsorban" crap! U guys really need to stop and think b4 u post replys!
It is hard enough havn very few chicks on this forum and then havn sh*t put on us by u guys makes it worse!! (& I dont think its just me who will agree)

I dont car if you guys think I am just havn a whinge bcuz im not, all im tryn to do is let u know that I wantd to b a part of this forum and I hav been made to wish I didnt post anything, all I get is stupid comments back! Other forums are neva like this towards chicks, I dont know why it is u guys!

C'mon guys pull ur heads in and think a lil bit b4 u drive chicks off this forum!!
And I dont even think it is just chicks - there is rudeness all over the threads in this fourm!

I hope this thread isnt going to get any dumb*ss replys!
I just wanted to try to make ppl aware of this issue and hope ppl start to think!

dc2dc2dc2
25-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Hello Sally.

I think that it is best for you just to not take these posts seriously. Just ignore them or tell the guy through PM to go EAD. As for the stupid comments, you will always get keyboard warriors in every forum.

Good luck and i hope you are not deterred from staying on these forums and contributing what you can to the website.

Zdster
25-06-2007, 12:59 PM
I have raised this in the mods corner for discussion as well. I think we all need to learn to be a little more tolerant.

luzinit
25-06-2007, 01:03 PM
yeah.. i am a member on various forums for different hobbies, and ozhonda is by far the worse when it comes to the crap new female members have to put up with!

SiReal
25-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I guess its imperative its going to happen. Car forum = mostly guys.

But I agree with what you are saying lil miss vtec. perhaps you should remove any photos (if posted) you have of yourself. That should put the 16yo boys at bay for a while.

lil_miss_vtec
25-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I dont think it has 2 do with pics - its just general rudeness & immaturity I think

barefootbonzai
25-06-2007, 01:40 PM
If i was a girl, i would love the attention. woot woot, guys asking me for my photo on the daily!

I think most forums on the net are populated with guys, not much you can do about that, it's just life. Come to think of it, is there forums that girls hang out on? ozlvbags.com? ilovebradpit.com?

SiReal
25-06-2007, 01:42 PM
after a while on OH, u being to realise that its not really rudeness, but its the general posting nature of those particular individuals...ONLY.

and once u accept that, then anything they say, just take it as a joke.

Anyway, its good to have an awareness thread like this. good work :thumbsup:

simonnowis
25-06-2007, 02:02 PM
there are D$%#heads in every forum you go to. best thing to do is dis them til their leave or ignore them. if they really cross the line the moderator should do sumthing about it.

Ph@t-G
25-06-2007, 02:33 PM
I find that there's been a lot of rude replies in the Noob Forum. People that post in that section are there to seek advice and constructive criticism, not to get flamed and have the question picked to pieces. These kind of people that scores ego points from being so low are not only denying the chance of others to really learn from other's experience and expertise, but are detrimental to the forum community spirit as a whole.

venus
25-06-2007, 02:52 PM
If i was a girl, i would love the attention. woot woot, guys asking me for my photo on the daily!

I think most forums on the net are populated with guys, not much you can do about that, it's just life. Come to think of it, is there forums that girls hang out on? ozlvbags.com? ilovebradpit.com?

some girls, me included love our cars just as much as the guys do and we dont need to be hastled for our pix or put down just because were female. most of you guys are really helpful but there are a few people who just get off on trying to upset others (male and female) :thumbdwn: .

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY DONT POST A NASTY COMMENT!

personally i dont want to be on an airhead forum talking about shoes and handbags.

members should be just that members not judged by gender.

dc2dc2dc2
25-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately we live in a world where we are judged by who we are, what we are and our beliefs.

[RSX 03]
25-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Every one needs to be treated equally, If not, that would be considered SEXIST.

bennjamin
25-06-2007, 03:21 PM
lil_miss_vtec , and everyone else -

got an issue with a post/s ?

Click on the REPORT BAD POST http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/aria/buttons/report.gif button , and all moderators will receive a notice of the post and reason.

Or just pm a moderator who is online at the time.

Zdster
25-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I find that there's been a lot of rude replies in the Noob Forum. People that post in that section are there to seek advice and constructive criticism, not to get flamed and have the question picked to pieces. These kind of people that scores ego points from being so low are not only denying the chance of others to really learn from other's experience and expertise, but are detrimental to the forum community spirit as a whole.

I think most of the problems that arise the noob section either come from people not searching or secondly posting very vauge issues/problems and then asking for an answer to a problem.

I vary rarely see a reported post from the noob section so I suggest you use it more often or PM a mod if you think someone is being treated unfairly.

lil_miss_vtec
25-06-2007, 03:51 PM
some girls, me included love our cars just as much as the guys do and we dont need to be hastled for our pix or put down just because were female. most of you guys are really helpful but there are a few people who just get off on trying to upset others (male and female) :thumbdwn: .

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY DONT POST A NASTY COMMENT!

personally i dont want to be on an airhead forum talking about shoes and handbags.

members should be just that members not judged by gender.

I 100% Agree! Im all for being a girly girl but I love my car so much its my pride and joy :D :cool:

Ph@t-G
25-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Will do Zdster.. maybe it's just me having too much time but I've see a few bad post that really patronises and degrade the question of the poster. People should be able to ask question that they may feel is legitamate without the fear of being persecuted.

gReY-oNe
25-06-2007, 04:47 PM
I think most of the problems that arise the noob section either come from people not searching or secondly posting very vauge issues/problems and then asking for an answer to a problem.

I vary rarely see a reported post from the noob section so I suggest you use it more often or PM a mod if you think someone is being treated unfairly.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

most of the time it is becos they dotn bother to search
so people say search....
the more threads they make the harder it is for people to search for the right info.

about the rude thing
you get it on every forum...
who cares ignore it

Zdster
25-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Will do Zdster.. maybe it's just me having too much time but I've see a few bad post that really patronises and degrade the question of the poster. People should be able to ask question that they may feel is legitamate without the fear of being persecuted.

I agree, but sometimes things that are posted are meant to be understood in good humour but get misinterpreted (look at some of my repost comments - they could easily be seen as aggressive but are meant in all good fun).

EuroAccord13
25-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Whenever there is a monitor and a keyboard involved, any forums will be full of KB and Internet warriors.... Part and parcel of the internet life...

We moderators try as much as we can to monitor the forums but we also need help from members of the forums to report posts that you think might be offensive to an individual, entity, company or of a discriminatory nature....

panda[cRx]
25-06-2007, 05:02 PM
i can see how it may be a little intimidating but it's just a bit of fun. i'm not saying that makes it ok but it's certainly not meant to offend anyone. your post makes it out like they are intentionally being rude (well at least thats how i read it) that is certainly not the case

not being female i'm not sure if girls actually get harassed by pm but the usual "omgwtfhi2u!!11!1ONE" is just an ongoing joke. i doubt anyone actually wants the pics

if u think ozhonda is bad sign up to OT, they'll tell u to STFU just coz u dont have an avatar or coz u joined in 07.

Q_ball
25-06-2007, 05:03 PM
My ban stick is armed and dangerous! *nods nods*

Da1nONLY
25-06-2007, 06:26 PM

Oh really?? :P...
i just think you need a spank MR Q Ball...

anyways... back on topic... best thing to do is just to

IGNORE IGNORE AND IGNORE!!! :)....
and i promise it won't hurt!...

LXRY
25-06-2007, 06:29 PM

LMAO..........Wack !!......Wack !! :mad:

Just report it, the rules are pretty straight foward, and mods ready to act as Q_ball stated, lol.

krogoth
25-06-2007, 07:53 PM
i think every1 has made it clear enough

wenever u see bs posteed up...most of the time its in good humour

dont take it too seriously......

just enjoy wat parts of the forum u like...and ignore the wankers

Nikki
25-06-2007, 07:59 PM
ok.. your on a forum full of guys.. you kinda have to expect that sort of stuff.

sorry to say but they wont change their way just because you don't like the way they act. if you cant deal with it, don't post in the forums, maybe this forum isn't for you... simple.

i've been on here for almost 3 years and i've never had an issue with any of the guys.

can i play with it? :p

IndoStyler
25-06-2007, 08:11 PM
no one should make a big deal abt the rudeness on this forum...if someone is being a jack ass, report it...the more reports on those rude ppl the better chance that they'll get banned sooner or later...then there will be less rude ppl

but for me personally, i only come here for the occasional post here n there, and go thru the market place...i dont care much for all the rude ppl on here...i just come here to get info and then go else where

beeza
25-06-2007, 09:59 PM
It's all in good spirit,it's not like they are attacking you...
Everyone gets it,it's just the way it is on the net.E-Thuggin'.Some sights like honda-tech.com people are just strait up in yer face.I dont like it so I'm not a member there.But obviously other's do like that sort of thing...
There was a thread on d-series.org asking why and what are the advantages of lowering a car.I said 'Cant forget looks'.A dick said 'Go before show faggot'.I was so pissed,I hammered him.After that experiece I was like what a waste of energy that was...
Just laugh it off,whatever,good luck to ya mate.Stuff like that is not worth your energy.Just do your thing.
I personally haven't had any rudeness on here.Nuttin' but Love.
If it really bothers ya I think you should change your name.

Q_ball
25-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Users cannot change their nickname.

yfin
25-06-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree there are a lot of rude people on ozhonda but they are in the minority.

Don't think it is a sexist thing - those people can be rude to anyone. You need to take the good with the bad - as there are lots of good people too.

We have tried to make Ozhonda more female friendly - avatars are now toned down from being a tit fest as is full frontal female nudity etc.

beeza
25-06-2007, 10:51 PM
Users cannot change their nickname.

A Mod could do it for her...if she asked nicely :thumbsup:

Q_ball
25-06-2007, 10:58 PM
A Mod could do it for her...if she asked nicely :thumbsup:

Umm, no - we do not allow for username changes.
The only time we would even consider doin it is if its a potential privacy/security issue for that member, and even then, its not guaranteed.

LIV2TZ
25-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Woot Woot! Go Sally!!! (lil miss vtec), I joined OH back wen i joined CRXAus.... Haven't posted anything since 2nite cuz after going through some of the threads, thought to myself why the *** am i gunna waste my time expressing my views or opionions for a bunch of wanks (sorry ppl not all of u, just a selected few), who get their kicks for taken the p!ss outta us chicks!!!

I'm no pro when it cmes to car's, but its my passion and in most cases i do know what i am talking about, and when i dont know i am the first to ask because i want to know as much as i can...

In my opinion the main purpose's for these forums where for people to learn from each other and most of all network with other member's who share the same passions and hopefully build friendships based on that!!!

beeza
25-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Umm, no - we do not allow for username changes.
The only time we would even consider doin it is if its a potential privacy/security issue for that member, and even then, its not guaranteed.

Gotcha :thumbsup:

Go stealth,don't let anyone know your a chick.I'm sure plenty of other girls do it.

wynode
26-06-2007, 12:11 AM
lil_miss_vtec, I think you need to realise that due to the nature of this hobby/community there is always going to be a large majority of male users on here. That said we encourage a friendly/helpful atmosphere and like yfin said we have already taken steps to make this place more family / female friendly (this was all done before you signed up to the forums).

If any derogatory comments are made against you (or any other female member) then report the post as per bennjamin's suggestion. I've told the other mods to keep an eye out too in regards to this.

That said we also need to realise that the lounge is for off topic discussions and if any of the above mentioned issues come up in any of the technical/model specific forums they will be dealt with much more seriously.

czy_sol87
26-06-2007, 12:45 AM
ahahaha
go sal woot woot:thumbsup::p

lil_miss_vtec
26-06-2007, 08:33 AM
ok.. your on a forum full of guys.. you kinda have to expect that sort of stuff.

sorry to say but they wont change their way just because you don't like the way they act. if you cant deal with it, don't post in the forums, maybe this forum isn't for you... simple.

i've been on here for almost 3 years and i've never had an issue with any of the guys.

can i play with it? :p

Its not just the guys.... nikki

lil_miss_vtec
26-06-2007, 08:35 AM

What is wrong with my username?? :(

I didnt realize being a female would cause a problem

JasonGilholme
26-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Just put up with it.

As people have said, its a forum full of guys, it just gonna be like walkin into a bar with a short skirt on.

See a bad post, report it.

venus
26-06-2007, 09:27 AM
i personally dont see the avatars as being a problem, you see more in the car mags we buy (yes chicks buy car mags too) its more the attitude some people have towards others on the forum that is the issue...

male or female we are all just members, so treat each other how you would like to be treated and think before you post...

lil_miss_vtec
26-06-2007, 09:39 AM
^ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

beeza
26-06-2007, 09:54 AM
What is wrong with my username?? :(

I didnt realize being a female would cause a problem

To me Nothing at all.Great name :thumbsup:
But I can see how the 'lil miss' can unfortunately cause some males to perk up if ya like...
Being a Female shouldn't cause a problem but we live in a very sexually orientated world.In mags there's half naked women sprawled all over hotted up cars so unfortunately the 2 are associated together.This sort of sexism exists EVERYWHERE not just our hobbie.
You either acknowledge it or cop the repercussions of it.I know this from first hand experience cause I've fought stereotypical things all my life.... I'm 32 now and I truely know now ya cant stop the beast.But ya still gotta do ya thing ya know,but yeh at the end of the day the machine just keeps rollin' on and gaining momentum as it goes.
I feel better now I got that out :cool: Thanks.

lil_miss_vtec
26-06-2007, 10:05 AM
thats ok :) all good - i was just getting fed up with the sh*t I seemed 2 b copping :( its ok, just wanted 2 make ppl aware that there r only a few females on here and from what I can tell we all love our Hondas r on here for that reason & to make friends not 2 hav rude comments posted..
Anyway its ok, I feel better now 2 :D

beeza
26-06-2007, 10:23 AM
^^ Great to hear :D
Sometimes ya just gotta get this stuff out after it's built up for a while.It's ALL good,it's out now RAAAARRRRRR.We ALL get it for different reasons :D
Again,Very Happy to hear.

Aza
26-06-2007, 10:45 AM
honestly, from what i've seen this site isnt that bad for it, i have seen worse. and i have seen alot of forums where if a girl signs up they get like 50 billion guys flirting hard core with them. picsorban i dont see as that offensive i find it more of a joke. o well thats just me, and this is just the internet.

JHMDA9
26-06-2007, 01:09 PM
honestly, from what i've seen this site isnt that bad for it, i have seen worse. and i have seen alot of forums where if a girl signs up they get like 50 billion guys flirting hard core with them. picsorban i dont see as that offensive i find it more of a joke. o well thats just me, and this is just the internet.

Haha exactly. That's why I don't like to let people know I'm a girl because they tend to form an opinion without knowing what you're really like.

This forum is great compared to others. What would you do if it was in the 'real world' and not on the internet? Would you bother complaining or venting or would you just take it on the chin and move on? If you didn't want that sort of thing to happen then you just have to look through the other pages of the 'Post a pic of yourself' thread to see that most girls will get that response from the guys. That should be enough to tell you what would happen if you post a photo of yourself.

I'm saying this in the nicest possible way, from female to female, build a bridge and get over it because you can't change it :)

Q_ball
26-06-2007, 01:21 PM
So just to recap for everyone - if you are victim to or see any form of abuse on the forums, PM a moderator, or report the post :)

Dxs
26-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Picsorban!

lil_miss_vtec
26-06-2007, 02:16 PM
^ damn u! lol :p

beeza
26-06-2007, 03:52 PM
CRAZY KIDZ :angel:

Bayani
26-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Well I know this was generally started because of my reply to your thread on your defects.

As I said earlier in my PM to you (unbeknown to me this thread had started) my reply wasn't directed at you specifically, and that was also said in my reply to your Original Post.

I even pointed out that it was a general rant.

In all honesty, I couldn't care if you were a guy or girl, it had no bearing (nor was there any reference to the fact) in my post, at all.

I categorically ran through your list of defects giving you solutions (as your initial post had no reference to how you would fix these defects, and in fact questioned the defects issued).

I would think it is rude to assume that because you felt you were given a hard run by the RTA Pit Crew because you were a girl, that I have automatically done the same. My replies to others who've posted details about their Defects have always been consistant. I've given advice as to how to rectify them, and included links to references that are quite helpful (as I did in your thread about your defects).

Again, I'm sorry if you felt it was directed at you specifically, but obviously you didn't bother reading all I had to say and jumped the gun.

I mean hell, look at my response just a few posts down from my post you feel is rude and immature: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1228918&postcount=66

And the one after that:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1228921&postcount=67

They were both directed at Males (Or so I am under the impression); And they were not made in any special way because of it.

Loosen up, and don't be so paranoid. No ones' out to get you cause you're a girl.

Drew
26-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Just letting you know that this forum is going to end up being a forum full of guys unless ppl stop with the rude comments and "picsorban picsorban picsorban" crap! U guys really need to stop and think b4 u post replys!
It is hard enough havn very few chicks on this forum and then havn sh*t put on us by u guys makes it worse!! (& I dont think its just me who will agree)

I dont car if you guys think I am just havn a whinge bcuz im not, all im tryn to do is let u know that I wantd to b a part of this forum and I hav been made to wish I didnt post anything, all I get is stupid comments back! Other forums are neva like this towards chicks, I dont know why it is u guys!

C'mon guys pull ur heads in and think a lil bit b4 u drive chicks off this forum!!
And I dont even think it is just chicks - there is rudeness all over the threads in this fourm!

I hope this thread isnt going to get any dumb*ss replys!
I just wanted to try to make ppl aware of this issue and hope ppl start to think!

Personally I'd rather not have you here if you're going to winge and moan about every little thing that we say; this forum like many others are predominantly male, and we were here before you...

So if anything; if you want to stay here you should probably pull your head in and take damned near everything with a grain of salt

yfin
26-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Personally I'd rather not have you here if you're going to winge and moan about every little thing that we say; this forum like many others are predominantly male, and we were here before you...

Drew I am sure you must have something more constructive to say instead of "we were here before you". The last time I heard that was in primary school.

Ozhonda needs to make everyone welcome - just like you were welcomed not that long ago in January 2007.

The idea of the site discussion section is to improve Ozhonda and if you don't like people raising issues - don't read it. The thread starter has raised a legitimate issue here.

Drew
26-06-2007, 08:01 PM
take damned near everything with a grain of salt

That's probably what I'm trying to get through

I didn't moan or anything when I came here :P

yourfather
26-06-2007, 08:16 PM
i guess its nice having chicks on the forum.

but i dont see it as necessary.

Q_ball
26-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Wtf guys!! O_o

Its not about who was here first, or whether its a necessity to have girls on the forum or not.
Its a simple matter of common curtosy...be respectful and mindful of other people and there feelings.

Drew
26-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm sure that most people will be more than happy to accommodate you as one of our own, gladly accept you for who you are...

But all that we would ask for in return is for you to accept us for who we are...

It's rather unfair and I think incredible rude to ask others to change just for you

Mind you I have only read the first post in the thread anyway

Q_ball
26-06-2007, 10:31 PM
You reading this wrong Drew,
No ones asking anyone to change...its about asking members to be more courteous towards one another - esp between female and male members.

This is NOT out of the question and if you have been on the forum as long as some of the "older" members, you'd understand that her post is completely legitimate!

dupac->
26-06-2007, 10:34 PM
lol..

just welcome the new ppl guys or girls.. ive seen new guys cop it bigtime and actually left.. haha..

but at times i do find some comments unnecessary.. best to ignore it..

its all fun..! :thumbsup:

incoming
26-06-2007, 10:34 PM
;1229670'] if u think ozhonda is bad sign up to OT, they'll tell u to STFU just coz u dont have an avatar or coz u joined in 07.

i agree with loz
if u think OH is bad... wait till u enter the real internet.. OT!

u just gotta let the comments roll off ya and give crap back haha

Drew
26-06-2007, 10:40 PM
You reading this wrong Drew,
No ones asking anyone to change...its about asking members to be more courteous towards one another - esp between female and male members.

This is NOT out of the question and if you have been on the forum as long as some of the "older" members, you'd understand that her post is completely legitimate!

I just skim read through most of the crap these days... nor read the lounge

Spunkymonkey
26-06-2007, 10:52 PM
You generally do only find those picsorbon posts in the Off topic threads...and not in the tech threads....

Haven't had a problem....just don't worry about silly people say...its just a forum as people have said...you can't control what people type.

qstoria
26-06-2007, 11:03 PM
I just skim read through most of the crap these days... nor read the lounge

drew u sound like a tosser. to say something as childish as "we were here first".. = massive n00b so why dont u skim read yourself the fck out of here since u clearly havenothing constructive to say

wynode
26-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Wtf guys!! O_o

Its not about who was here first, or whether its a necessity to have girls on the forum or not.
Its a simple matter of common curtosy...be respectful and mindful of other people and there feelings.

I think Q just about summed it up. If anyone wants this thread re-opened PM me with a valid reason.

Just for the record....the mods have been told to keep an extra eye out for any degrading comments made and will issue a public warning. If this is ignored then infractions will be handed out.