PDA

View Full Version : Uneven glovebox

TEMPTN
25-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Has any1 experienced an uneven glove box?
1 side slightly lower
If so how did u go on about fixing this problem or does it have to be taken back to Honda dealer

LXRY
25-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Common FAULT with euro's, had euroaccord13 and aaronng try to rectify it for me, come very close to starightening actually, still out!! Come to the conclusion that it is bent from factory, most likely from the heavy manual that was in the glove box.

Take it back to the dealer, they are aware of this problem, however, they will not replace it !! They will try to adjust it, you have to keep complaining, tell them you can see light through it at night.

Talk to Aaronng or euroaccord13

aaronng
25-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Don't put that heavy manual in your glovebox. :thumbsup:
I got the dealer to replace my glovebox. The head service advisor was not happy with the guy who authorised the replacement though. I wonder why they are such a PITA?

EuroAccord13
25-06-2007, 04:35 PM
They are a PITA because they have to waste their labour time on replacing the glovebox when they could have made an hour's labour servicing a car LOL!

Anyway, try taking it back to the dealer to rectify or you can try and adjust it yourself, when I adjusted mine, I wasn't able to get it to sit flush with the rest of the console but at least it looks decent enough....

TEMPTN
25-06-2007, 04:56 PM
how did u try to fix it
did you have to bend anything

LXRY
25-06-2007, 05:00 PM
If it's still under warranty, I'de take it to the dealer first....my opinion anyway. Don't think you should try to bend anything. Might not be bent, might be some sort of fault.....

EuroAccord13
25-06-2007, 05:01 PM
how did u try to fix it
did you have to bend anything

No bending involved :)

Unhook the arm on the left side of the blove box then gently press the sides of the glovebox to slide the stopper out. Then feel the bottom of the glove box, there are two screws in there, yours might even be an 8mm bolt..

Loosen them and you will have some degree of forward and backwards movement, just slowly adjust them to get them as flushed as possible then tighten it back and you're done.... Abit tedious but it's not that hard to do at all...

GOOD LUCK :)

TEMPTN
26-06-2007, 12:16 PM
No bending involved :)

Unhook the arm on the left side of the blove box then gently press the sides of the glovebox to slide the stopper out. Then feel the bottom of the glove box, there are two screws in there, yours might even be an 8mm bolt..

Loosen them and you will have some degree of forward and backwards movement, just slowly adjust them to get them as flushed as possible then tighten it back and you're done.... Abit tedious but it's not that hard to do at all...

GOOD LUCK :)

Sounds to easy ill give it a try thanks

EuroDude
26-06-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32769&highlight=glove

tron07
26-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Whoa.... I have the entertainment book inside, better remove it then.

Antonio 84
27-06-2007, 11:05 AM
I thought it was just mine. Thanks guys. I might as well get it looked at while its getting serviced this week.

TEMPTN
10-07-2007, 01:48 PM
took my euro in to get the glovebox fixed left it there for 3 hrs came back and all they said was its a common problem with euro and nothing can be done , ***en dickheads didnt even look at it coz everything was the way it was when i left it with them any had this same problem and which deader fixed it

aaronng
10-07-2007, 02:00 PM
^^ You should show it to them while you are still there, not leave it there for them to find out for themselves.

Antonio 84
10-07-2007, 04:46 PM
I asked them to check it while it was getting serviced last week and they adjusted it for me. It was all fixed by the time I got back. They admitted it was due to the weight of the log books etc which are usually stored in there.

Entity
11-07-2007, 07:21 AM
dealers dont fix anything, i always find problems and they're always liek "yeah yeah common problem cant be fixed"

whats the point of having a warranty...

back on topic though, i've noticed this gap in my car also but only after i put some stuff inside, ill see how it goes when i take it out.