PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice... setting up sound system

Kirri
25-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey guys!!

im after some advice in regards to the amp n sub i bort over the weekend. I am not going to do the installation myself,, my Dad is coz hes good with that sort of thing... but i still wanted to know some of ur opinions for where to stick it all?? I have a civic hatch so i dont really have alot of space to work with... i originally wanted the amp to be under the drivers seat,, but it restricts the movement of the seat coz its a lil too big. So plan b was to mount it to the sub box. A friend from JB-HI said that it shud be fine, but wats ur opinions?? And i have a clarion cd player, and the stacker was in the boot,, but im thinking that the sub will prob make it jump so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of were to put it? it doesnt fit under the seat either,, already tried that one :)

also,, if anyone has a pic of how they set theirs up that wud b cool too...

cheers Kirri

blabla
27-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Get ride of the stacker and the head unit. If you want to keep the stacker head unit try and fit it in the glove box or where the cup holders are. The cheats way out is to buy a mp3/cd head unit. for the amp mount the amp onto the back of the back seat. DO NOT MOUNT THE AMP ONTO THE SUB BOX !!!. otherwise you will have to silicon on the screws once you have drill the hold for the amp. But in doing this you will loose sound quality. I have done this time and time again. the only other option is car audio stores. I could take some pic of my setup if you like.

Joeyboy
28-06-2007, 01:09 PM
hmmm.....wow how big is your amp???

maybe it wouldnt been wise to make sure that there was space for amp b4 buying it.

just try to find a space (anywhere that would not distract any other thing or anything hitting it). u might have to make a custom platform/base to put it on?

last resort - sell it and buy a smaller amp

Bayani
29-06-2007, 12:01 AM
Mount your amp to your sub. (Your JB HiFi Friend was right, it'll be OK.)
Don't use large screws, and use washers between the amp and the sub.
Quality difference will be unnoticable.

Trash/Sell the CD Changer - Maybe the Head Unit too.
As BlaBla Said, go for an MP3 playing unit. $250-$300+

Ensure your Sub is secured; make sure you don't drill into your petrol tank.