PDA

View Full Version : what spark plugs to use

Simmo2302
25-06-2007, 08:13 PM
just wondering if using "performance plugs" makes any difference ?

bosch super 4, or ngk iridium, etc ?

e240
25-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Performance plugs are just colder plugs (There are racing plugs but you wouldn't use them in a street car..i.e. Gapless plugs). Depending on your state of tune, you'd go a couple of grades colder.

Super 4, multi-leg plugs etc etc are just gimmicks, not that they're bad plugs.

Iridium, platinum etc are just the materials used for longevity.

IMO, as long as you use the correct heat range, it doesn't matter, just use the brand that turns you on.

SLOWEGG
25-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Just stick with the OEM ones which are just the normal NGK, costs about 3bux for 1?

aaronng
25-06-2007, 08:59 PM

NGK Iridium is just a normal plug. Make sure your ignitor can drive enough voltage as it needs higher than what a copper/platinum plug requires.

EG5[KRT]
25-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Just stick with the OEM ones which are just the normal NGK, costs about 3bux for 1?

i thought the normal ones u get from honda are denso ? ?

55EXX
25-06-2007, 09:48 PM
i use ngk and have never had a problem.

Limbo
26-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Denso, NGK are usually the ones i use. I think the ones i commonly use are the V pattern NGK, supose to do something better can't rem.
Just get copper plugs and change them every 20,000km that way you'll be fine. Its cheap and no issues

I read something before that showed that most of the performance plugs do not give out high performance for a long peroid and have a faster drop off period of performance (hope that makes sense). The long-life ones are expensive and also have a lower performance than standard copper ones.
Platium do not last that long either i've has some that only lasted me 5,000km, so not really worth it when you pay like $25 a plug.

Iridium plugs $30 each?

Copper plugs $3 each, if you run turbo or something, just gonna have to get a colder plug, same price still