PDA

View Full Version : hiclone with CAI or SR

Simmo2302
25-06-2007, 08:18 PM
is it possible to use Hiclones with a CAI o SR intake ?

( i m a sheetmetal welder so if necessary i can cut the CAI and weld it back together witht he hiclone inside)

dsp26
25-06-2007, 08:33 PM
if your looking for the PERFORMANCE or FUEL ECONOMY its offering it offers neither.

Dyno proven 3wkw peak loss on sr20 with losses throughout powerband and 6wkw peak loss on a VN commo.

oddly enough Air fuel ratios were down on the sr20 dynograph i saw so i don't know how this even provides better economy.

***EDIT***
and i'll say it nicely.. theres a reason your thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69402 fell on deaf ears or should i say people just looked the other way...

TheSaint
25-06-2007, 11:35 PM
wtf is a hiclone?

d15z1SUX
26-06-2007, 12:20 AM
a pice of metal that goes in ur intake sum where thats meant to make the air swirl for better combustion increasing hp and torque and fuel economy. thats what its meant to do in theory. but it has never been proven. it probably just is a restriction in your intake anyway haha.

Simmo2302
26-06-2007, 06:22 AM
which tests r u guys talking about, i did a quick google on it and came up with this.

http://www.nqautoparts.com.au/hiclone/hiclone_tests.htm

Conclusion

On this VR Commodore, standard but for extractors and a 2.5 inch exhaust, the correctly-mounted Hiclone gave a peak power improvement of 3.5 per cent, without losing any power lower in the rev range. The Hiclone cost $160 fitted, which works out to about $30 per horsepower. The Makers also claim improvements in fuel consumption, emissions and engine smoothness.

Extract from “STREET COMMODORE” magazine May 1997, on Commodore VR V6

almost every site/post i look at says ot works atlkeast to a small degree, even testing says it works to some small degree.

could u guys point me to this test that shows it doesnt work (there seems to be alot of evidence out there that says it does.)

dsp26
26-06-2007, 08:54 AM
^^^question is are they independent tests or the people who are selling em testing em.

that link you posted is all talk... i see no dyno sheets. every online shop selling em talks it up like that.

go onto any automotive club/forum like ozhonda where they have done actual testing on a dyno and they will all tell you the opposite... the most common argument would be.. "every car manufacturer would have used in stock cars by now" or somewhere along those lines.... but who knows, it may work for diesels for some reason....

either way it sounds like you've made up your mind despite being advised against it... go for gold!!! i'll admit i bought them when i was younger and first got into cars a few years ago... even my arse could tell there was a loss.

tank
26-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Lets put it this way. If this Hiclone thing worked, it'll be in 'race' cars. I haven't come accross anyone that uses it over the years doing circuit racing.

Simmo2302
26-06-2007, 05:09 PM
hmm.. i dont think i will go 4 em then...

i did hear a rumour that mercedes was using them in some new car (cant really remember cos i wasnt interested as much in cars back then )

thanks 4 ur advice guys.

think i'll spend the $ else where.