PDA

View Full Version : 1981 civic engine conversion

Hairy_Harold
26-06-2007, 10:59 PM
First post here so go easy guys.

Have done a little reading and have pretty much come up with nothing. New to the world of hondas, been living in subaru and nissan land (own a subaru liberty and a nissan stagea). I know basically nothing about the specifics of honda engines/model of engine but am slowly learning. I was wondering if honda make a twin cam, carby engine that will fit in with minimal money/modifications?

Not really looking at breaking the bank just want to make the car a little more fun then the stock 50kw ish engine and not really willing to wire up an ecu managed engine for this car.

Thanks for any advice

Sydsyd
26-06-2007, 11:05 PM
as far as i know, the only twin carby engine comes with 92-93 Civic EG GL...1.5 SOHC twin carby (i think D15B7)...not too sure if it came with any other models...maybe others can help;)

EDCivic
27-06-2007, 07:23 PM
...also the 1991 ED Civic

muhhan
27-06-2007, 09:10 PM
I was wondering if honda make a twin cam, carby engine that will fit in with minimal money/modifications?

as far as i know, the only twin carby engine comes with 92-93 Civic EG GL...1.5 SOHC twin carby (i think D15B7)...not too sure if it came with any other models...maybe others can help

Isn't the 1.5L SOHC a single cam not a twin cam as Hairy_Harold was asking about?

yfin
27-06-2007, 09:46 PM
I don't think there were any DOHC carby engines honda sold in Australia.

I would go for the 1.5 dual carb in the Civics mentioned above. Cheap, reliable and 72kw. Or the 2 litre in the late 80s Accord, Prelude with slightly more power - 75kw or thereabouts. Not sure if the 2 litres would fit in your engine bay.

In the light body of your 81 civic it would be fun. Certainly an improvement from the 45kw you have now.

Or for the money you may as well just buy a 91 Civic and have a better car from the ground up.