PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

dundas
12-07-2004, 12:40 AM
how will i remove the umm damper is it for the 94 accord...do i need to remove the rear seats? like the cusioning|? or is there an easier way to do this.

any other tips while installing. i will be getting help from my friend whos a mechanic but never worked on a honda before= thats all.

thanks

toE
12-07-2004, 12:58 AM
you will most probably have to remove the trimmings dat's in the boot to get to them and fold ur rear seats down to have another access point. :)

poid
12-07-2004, 08:22 AM
fold the seats down and remove the plastic trim panels that are behind there. That exposes the top of the strut. You will also want to move the corner pieces of the rear seats. Either undo the bolt at the bottom of them and slide them up to remove them, or do the dodgy way and just lift at the top of them till they unhook and you can kinda bend them out of the way.

Only other tip for the rear is that there is a brake line that will get in the way of you removing the strut from the car. Easiest way is to undo a bolt that is holding the brake line towards the front of the wheel well on the chassis rail. Best way is to remove the rear caliper assembly so the line is completely loose where the strut is.

dundas
16-07-2004, 11:20 PM
cool thanks guys

dundas
28-07-2004, 12:20 AM
finally got me car lowered.. both shocks and springs.
BUT_--- fronts a squeeky at times... whys is this so and how can i fix it?

another thing my rear is a lil retatrded.. always has been.....i wanna know why it makes a weird clunk clunk clunk nosie when i take a left corner only--- this guy said its becasue the tyre is not even.. ( i was like hmms sounds like crap) is it my bearings or is there anything wrong with my suspenion/sway or sum crap like dat

cheers
Dundas