PDA

View Full Version : help!!!i wnt to lower my car....

evilclown
27-06-2007, 07:40 PM
i wnt to lower my integra vtir 96,u think springs is enaf??? ....and i gnna use the factory shock...coz coilcovers is expensive and i dont hve much budget fo dat..:(

quangsta
27-06-2007, 07:58 PM
then you really answered your own question. no money just want looks get some kings or somethign similiar

king lows or super low - $250
koni + eibachs (performance orientated) 800+500 = $1300
koni + king low or super low(appearance with adjustability) 800+250 = $1050

or cheap second springs for 100 or 2

people say that using lowering springs will shorten the life of your stock shocks...which is true lol but if you aint got money just chuck the springs on and wait till you can afford some shocks..

and so you know approx 40 bux a corner to install shocks and springs or either or but you can DIY which is free + time

edw-R
27-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Lower springs is the best budget but it will affect the stock shocks.

Joeyboy
28-06-2007, 01:05 PM
As per above, Kings would be the best for the budget-conscious peeps. I've had mine for more than 2.5yrs and have had no problems. Yes, also mentioned and just want to reinforce that it would be wise to save up for new shocks as well. KYBs would be good which are not that expensive and I have heard GREAT things about (try searching this forum, there are a couple of threads).

but dont worry, unless you're gonna be driving on rough roads all the time, everyday, every week, even if u leave your stock shocks with lowered Kings for a year or so, u should be right. just make sure that u are careful going over humps and dodging potholes...common sense.

Hope that helps your decision.

Zdster
28-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Wat tis wong wit spring man? Tiz kool.

SiReal
29-06-2007, 01:43 PM

Guys, please cut the spam. ;)

Get king springs. When ur shocks blow, get replacements. That way, u can stretch out the amount of time u have with your cashflow.

Muzz
29-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Sorry for the spam, but damn thats funny, somone had to say it:thumbsup:

beeza
29-06-2007, 06:00 PM
i wnt to lower my integra vtir 96,u think springs is enaf??? ....and i gnna use the factory shock...coz coilcovers is expensive and i dont hve much budget fo dat..:(

I was in the exact same position.What should I do....
I ended up lowering it on King springs and it rides Great :thumbsup:.My stock shocks had done 80,000 kms (96 EK sedan)
Couldn't be happier,now I need a sway bar :cool:

evilclown
29-06-2007, 08:01 PM
thanx guyz!probably i gnna get the king spring fo now,beside this my first car and i just wnt to look good..coz now im like drivin a 4x4 car.how much is gnna be for fitting??and the best 1.5" or 2" low???i alwayz used my car goin to myworkplace...meaning i used everyday..any one can give me some tips or recomed.... THANX!!!

beeza
29-06-2007, 08:45 PM
If u take it to the shop to have it fitted they will sort that out for ya,cause it depends on the conditions of ya shocks...
I told em' I wanted it as low as I can without it rubbin'
This was the result,nothing Big but a nice drop.I like the look if it was lower at the rear,but I'm too paranoid about attracting thieves.i've had cars stolen b4....This way it wont attract em'.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/beeza2/DSCF1413.jpg

evilclown
29-06-2007, 09:10 PM
did u used spring only???wat spring??is it possible to get a spring now and installed and if i got a mony i change the shock??

beeza
29-06-2007, 09:21 PM
I was in the exact same position.What should I do....
I ended up lowering it on King springs and it rides Great :thumbsup:.My stock shocks had done 80,000 kms (96 EK sedan)
Couldn't be happier,now I need a sway bar :cool:

^^ AS above :D
You can change the shocks later no probs :thumbsup:
That's what I'll be doing too.

beeza
29-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I like your engrish :thumbsup: :D

evilclown
29-06-2007, 09:35 PM
thanx beeza!by da way wats spring u got???i kwn my engsh s 2 perfcthttp://www.ozhonda.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Joeyboy
29-06-2007, 10:54 PM
how much is gnna be for fitting??

just go into a wheel shop that offers a deal on installation of springs. should be no more than $400 (that's including brand new King springs).

evilclown
30-06-2007, 12:01 AM
thanx joe and beeza!!!:thumbsup::Dil go this week!

Bludger
30-06-2007, 03:42 AM
If u take it to the shop to have it fitted they will sort that out for ya,cause it depends on the conditions of ya shocks...
This was the result,nothing Big but a nice drop.I like the look if it was lower at the rear,but I'm too paranoid about attracting thieves.i've had cars stolen b4....This way it wont attract em'.

how would a dumped car attract thieves?

Dreams
30-06-2007, 10:21 AM
compressed your stock springs cheaper without the labour cost.
with labour, go to wheelshop.

beeza
30-06-2007, 02:56 PM
how would a dumped car attract thieves?

It's just me man.I'm paraniod cause I've had my S**t stolen b4.
I just don't want a ride that says anything like,this guy knows what he's doin' i.e. A nicely dropped car.So my goal is to keep it as stockish looking as possible,but nice.Ya know...
I dumped car definately attract cops...I'm not worried about that but it attract them so I reckon it would attract thieves.

SiReal
30-06-2007, 02:58 PM
hahha... never knew stock cars had 18" rims??

best way to deter theives is to not wash your car, have a few scratches here n there.

evilclown
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
:thumbsup::D watta advice!!!! dont wash ur car...

micsway
02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
whats the go with doin a recoil of the springs? i aware anything below legal heigh would require new shockers, anyone shed some light on this topic?

Muzz
03-07-2007, 08:10 AM
With lowered springs your shocks will wear out quicker, so its not neccisary to replace them at the same time, but they will need replacing in the future.

If your lowering the car you need stiffer springs due to the reduced suspension travel, get lowering springs instead of getting the stock ones shortened.

evilclown
04-07-2007, 09:30 PM
can u guyz give me some good spring brand...that can drop my car til 2".... cheers!

beeza
05-07-2007, 10:48 AM
King Springs.

scyt7e
05-07-2007, 11:03 AM
kings will sag though, after about 2 years u will most probably see some sagging :(

evilclown
05-07-2007, 08:30 PM
wat king spring i need low or super low...

Mrkrooz
05-07-2007, 11:41 PM
its really up to you...ive also heard K-mac sprinsg arnt to bad....not as bumpy as kings...

blabla
06-07-2007, 12:00 AM

HEY DUDE HOW MUCH LOWER DID U GO? THIS I HOW LOW MINE IS I WANNA LIFT THE FRONT BY HALF AND INCH. And drop the rear another half an inch.is that too low?

Topendwarrior
06-07-2007, 12:30 PM
King Springs Come In Low, Super Low & Untra Low.
-best Option Would Be Super Low, As You Get Good Ride Height Without Much Comprimise.
-ultra Low Wouldn't Be Recommended If You Not Gonna Change Your Shocks, It'll Do Damage!
-low Is Just Not Worth Doing, Unless You Do Lots Of Driving On Dirt Road.

micsway
06-07-2007, 12:47 PM
whats the hight difference between all 3? as in how much of a drop could u expect from each one?

evilclown
06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
mmm.. ok i wnt i finger gap in front and 2 fingers in the rear.... so which spring i need???

SiReal
06-07-2007, 03:16 PM
just get super lows.

blabla
06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
mine has about one half fingers between tyre and guard. nut my front is on its ass i dont ***n kno y.

Topendwarrior
07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
The ultimate budget solution to achieve desired height is the sleeve on coilover(not exactly sure of the name), is just some pipe threaded on the outter face that goes over your original shocks, it works the way as a proper coilover. If you a handyman and willing to do it urself, this one give you a bit of play around.

beeza
07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
HEY DUDE HOW MUCH LOWER DID U GO? THIS I HOW LOW MINE IS I WANNA LIFT THE FRONT BY HALF AND INCH. And drop the rear another half an inch.is that too low?

That Drop on your ride Looks SICK!!! That's ideally how I wanted mine to sit,but I just said to the guy that I wanted it dropped as much as possible without comprimising comfort.I'm using the stock struts and all.I'm Love how mine is but looking at yours makes me wish I did it like that... What springs/struts are you running? Why do U want to lift the front? Is it rubbing? I'm no expert but if U drop the rear any more U may have to roll the fenders,cause it looks pretty low already.
Again that's a sick drop man :thumbsup:

blabla
08-07-2007, 08:06 PM
That Drop on your ride Looks SICK!!! That's ideally how I wanted mine to sit,but I just said to the guy that I wanted it dropped as much as possible without comprimising comfort.I'm using the stock struts and all.I'm Love how mine is but looking at yours makes me wish I did it like that... What springs/struts are you running? Why do U want to lift the front? Is it rubbing? I'm no expert but if U drop the rear any more U may have to roll the fenders,cause it looks pretty low already.
Again that's a sick drop man :thumbsup:
i bought the car the way it is. is rubbs and it it bouncy as hell. I got pedders springs and standard shocks. im going the raise front 3/4inch and drop rear 2/4 or 3/4 of an inch and im going to be using kyb shock fitted for about 600-700. I have been told the pedders spring design for the honda is really good so i am going to re size them. ALLSPINGS is the company name if u r in nsw they at moorebank.

beeza
08-07-2007, 09:04 PM
DAMN!!! The person who lowered it was a fool eh... I mean stock struts and aftermarket springs with that drop,gotta expect a lot o' rubbin',not comfortable at all....but it looks sick.
Great idea to do something about it.I'm sure it will work out fine,what you got in mind.

blabla
09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
DAMN!!! The person who lowered it was a fool eh... I mean stock struts and aftermarket springs with that drop,gotta expect a lot o' rubbin',not comfortable at all....but it looks sick.
Great idea to do something about it.I'm sure it will work out fine,what you got in mind.
im going to raise front 3/4inch and drop rear 2/4 or 3/4 of an inch and im going to be using kyb shock fitted for about 600-700. I have been told the pedders spring design for the honda is really good so i am going to re size them. ALLSPINGS is the company name if u r in nsw they at moorebank.

TypeRice
09-07-2007, 01:14 AM
hey.. so if you use coilovers.. it wont damage your shocks?

beeza
09-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Coilovers are the shocks and springs in one.... The complete deal.They will cost you about $1200 up.

Topendwarrior
09-07-2007, 08:34 PM
you guyz should check out below item in ebay..
if you considering lowering your car, shouldn't go pass this one.
not sure of the quality but this is what you call budget coilover kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170128978525&rd=1&rd=1

Muzz
09-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Suspension is one area you dont wanna cheap out on. Super cheap ebay coilover kits handle like absolute crap and i certainly wouldnt put my life in the hands of it. Id wonder how much material engineering has gone into such products.

micsway
09-07-2007, 10:09 PM
yea they looks dodge 2 the max, stay away from those.
Now anyone know how much of a height difference id be lookin at by switchin from stock springs to super low king springs for a ek civic hatch?

Topendwarrior
10-07-2007, 12:16 PM
well.. i did mention "budget"!
the truth is not everyone is willing to spend big dollars and then they talk about how many finger gap they want at the font and how many at the rear.
It is not easily achieveable if you don't have a adjustable setup.

beeza
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
^^ So True.

Aza
10-07-2007, 03:19 PM
as said before, get a set of king springs, will **** ur shocks over time, but eh, replace the shocks when they need replacing with some decent ones that will last. for now on a budget just springs on ur stock shocks will do. u will have ze fully sickening look then

Muzz
10-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Yeh totally agree, to go low on a budget, just get lowered springs with the knowledge youll need to replace the shocks in the future.

micsway
13-07-2007, 11:14 AM
ok so i decided to answer my own question since no one else seemed to know

kings spring lows = 30mm drop
king spring super low = 45mm drop

Aslo fair enough the shockers will give way quicker not the concer but what about tyers? hear u might need a cam kit to correct the position of the wheels once its droped and from what i hear its about $800 for a full cam kit - ouch

Topendwarrior
13-07-2007, 12:12 PM
D2 front & rear camber kit $360 at your door from Ebay.
got my set 2 weeks ago, adjustability is great.

micsway
13-07-2007, 01:34 PM
steep, is it really worth it?

JHMDA9
13-07-2007, 05:41 PM
A camber kit is not essential but it is worth it if you'd like the advantage of adjustability; different companies of course will have kits with different ranges of adjustability. When you get the wheel alignment done you can see how much negative camber you get, and if it's too much for your liking then by all means correct it by way of a camber kit.

I'm on lows and I've got around 2 degrees on the front and 2.2 on the rear, and it's fine for me as a daily driver. A bit of negative camber isn't a bad thing!!

Do a search on camber kits, do some reading and see if you really do need one.

micsway
13-07-2007, 05:54 PM
A camber kit is not essential but it is worth it if you'd like the advantage of adjustability; different companies of course will have kits with different ranges of adjustability. When you get the wheel alignment done you can see how much negative camber you get, and if it's too much for your liking then by all means correct it by way of a camber kit.

I'm on lows and I've got around 2 degrees on the front and 2.2 on the rear, and it's fine for me as a daily driver. A bit of negative camber isn't a bad thing!!

Do a search on camber kits, do some reading and see if you really do need one.

by low im assuming your talkin about king spring lows, i that case i was wondering if i could see a pic of your ride just 2 see how it looks cause im a bit worried that if i go 2 low (ie. super low) i might be forced 2 put on a chamber kit)

cheers

JHMDA9
13-07-2007, 06:15 PM
My car isn't that low at all, I still have a fair gap between the tyres and the guards, but I have to seriously angle it on my driveway etc otherwise I'll scrape the lip and front crossmember :eek:
You wouldn't think so just looking at it though. Everyone says it looks stock.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/JHMDA9/0706079resize-1.jpg

beeza
13-07-2007, 09:07 PM
^^ Yeh that's exactly how mine looks too.I Love the stockish look....stealth.
I would suggest to just take your car somewhere and get somebody who knows suspension to do the lot.Seriously there's a couple of things on cars that I would leave to the pro's and this is one of them.

TypeRice
15-07-2007, 07:55 PM
in general.. for civics..
how much do u need to lower to haf 0 gap?

on my car i measured it to be 2.5" or 65mm drop