PDA

View Full Version : just a quickie

notorious_shugg
29-06-2007, 11:05 AM
okay, so i've decide i want to drop my car about 2 inches, i've found some springs that seem perfect and although i've heard the name somewhere before i've never heard anything about them quality wise. so i'm just looking for some opinions as to how good they are. i'm going for looks more than performance. any help will be appreciated.
thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260132193272&rd=1,1

Joeyboy
29-06-2007, 01:48 PM
looks good bro. skunk2 - u play NFSU (Need for Speed Underground)? hehehe

Try this site re skunk2, u might find info regarding quality:

http://www.skunk2.com/index.php

they should be good though, IMO

SiReal
29-06-2007, 01:52 PM
so ur gonna order from the states eh? be prepared for a killer of postage.

Also be mindful as they have diff springs for V6 and I4.

The more respected and regarded brands for our accords are Neuspeed and H&R and Eibach.

I currently have Neuspeed and H&R springs sitting at home (but for 4 cyl). H&R are great springs and roughly 25% stiffer than OEM. Neuspeed are a little rougher.

Both are made in germany. I highly suggest those brands instead of skunk2.

Skunk2 are a quality brand but i believe they are traditionally a engine parts maker, not so much suspension.

Joeyboy
29-06-2007, 02:02 PM
how much are u willing to spend? you could even try going for Kings super lows. You local wheels shop should be able to install a set for less than $400. u just wanting springs? or u got enough cash for coilovers? and if not, then u can just get a springs/shocks combo and im sure u will be pleased with that.

u could try these aussie sites:

Tein
http://www.superpro.com.au/tein_performance_suspension.html

Eibach
http://www.eibach.com.au/page2.html

yeh just with the US ebay - have u bought anything there before? just bare in mind that u'll find that 99% of US Ebay sellers are pedantic about selling to overseas buyers. most of them will not accept payment via paypal unless you have a registered paypal account and have good feedback rating. so unless if u know someone that has been trading via ebay for a long time and maybe they can buy the product in your behalf, then dont even bother looking. u also have to consider the fact that if the item gets lost while going from US to Oz, then the seller will not accept responsibility for replacement at all.

I dont even want to mention the fact that if they sent u the wrong item (coz bare in mind they're dealing with lots of buyers and they could be rushing to get items out to be shipped and if they mark the wrong item for you), sooo much dramas to get the correct one. i've had it happen before with US ebay, but i didnt bother sending it back.

In saying that, eBay is still a great place to buy/sell. just be really careful though. If you can buy a product locally, then that would be d way to go. Plus at least u get warranty (if any). :D

SiReal
29-06-2007, 02:10 PM
King springs only have "Lows" in our accord (unless they updated their range, which i doubt). So 1.5" only.

I have a set of 2 week used Neuspeed sports (1.8F 1.7R for 4 cyl accord for sale soon). I decided they werent low enough for my app so i'm selling them off. PM me if interested - cost me $400 delievered from the states.

I highly suggest gettting coilovers. Just go and get some D2 coilovers and be done with it. KSports are another option, but they are VERY low even on the highest setting.

notorious_shugg
29-06-2007, 03:22 PM
okay, thanks guys.
SiReal - yeah i checked with them and postage is $US65 it works out to be about $AUS280 all up.

Joeyboy - yeah i tried kings but they dnt have super lows and the lows aren't quite low enough for me. and yeah i have bought stuff from ebay US before, thanks for the concern though ;p

i'd love a set of coilovers, but then i'm not too sure wat i'm looking for (noob) and i dnt have the cash for them atm. i was thinking of getting just a set of springs then a new set of shocks a lil later on. i've looked around and can't seem to find anything closer to home that will give me at least 2 inch drop.

SiReal
29-06-2007, 03:28 PM
D2 coilovers are $1000 ish. use em for 2 to 3 years, when they break, get a new set or get a diff car.

i would've gotten those if they were available for my car back then.

Alternatively get ground contorl coilovers. cost an arm and a leg but they're adjustable height (much like traditional coilovers) - but u can use them on your existing shocks. eibach springs as well.

CElliott
29-06-2007, 03:48 PM
You guys have mentioned that if you can afford it to get coilovers, would it do the car any harm if I was to not bother getting them at all, because at 1k they are a little out of price range atm.
thanks

SiReal
29-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Look at it this way:

Option1: Cheap-ish street use coilovers: $1000 - $1200. Both damper adjustable and height adjustable.

Option2: Spring only $400 + install, shocks will blow quite soon depending on lowering. Damage to all other sussy componenets when riding on blown shocks cos all impact is absorbed by everything else (when it should be shocks). CV joints, bushes, soft rubbering bits will be fux0red.

Option3: Springs only :$400, Shocks only: $700. Most likely not height adjustable BUt damper adjustable. Premium shock $1000 (koni yellows - damper and height (not fine adjustable).)

so do the maths, and u'll so realise that replacing springs for height changes will be more $$$$ than getting coilovers straight up.

I'm now onto my third sussy configuration, soon going to my fourth, because i didnt get coilovesr first up (werent available back then). I've spent over $2K on sprigns and shocks alone and still dont get to fine tune my height settings.