PDA

View Full Version : Removing ABS from EF9

kyle
29-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Gday Tech Guru's,

The ABS(ALB) system in my EF9 is ****ed. Apparently there is a really high build up of pressure in the accumulator, this in turn causes the ABS motor do be on constantly. To rectify this I took the 3 ABS fuses out which render the ABS system caput.

I have been quoted excessive amounts to have this fixed so I think I will just remove it. It's not like it's doing anything atm its just dead weight.

I am just wondering if there are any special procesures I need to do when removing it? Can I just take it off? Do I need to get brakelines from a EF (non ABS)? Any info or links to guides would be handy.

Thanks

- Kyle

kyle
02-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Bump 4 Help

ralph_ef9
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
wow.....sir2 right?
i think u need look at the pics of ef9 without abs....
and maybe u need the brake line from ef or ed.......

crxtasy
03-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Hey Kyle, i think you will need a proportional valve from a non abs EF and front brake lines, here's a link to look at : http://board.hondacrx.co.uk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=49814&highlight=removing+abs

ABS was also a factory option for the SIR/VT in uk so you should be able to find a bit of info.

kyle
03-07-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks Brother(s)!

VT3C
05-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Reviving this old thread.. I bought Kyle's ef9 and got hold of a non abs mc and prop valve.

I also removed the lower hard brake line from the donor ef9 frontcut with the motor etc out of the shell and it was a complete pain in the butt!!!

How on earth do I get this onto the car with the motor etc still in?? Or do I have any other options like modifying an existing line or having custom (flexible) lines made up?

Any tips greatly appreciated :)