PDA

View Full Version : Possible headlight fault??

DLRioM
30-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Just purchased '07 Euro limited edition and am very satisfied.

Just passed the 1000km hike and am taking it in for a service next week.
One thing that has been annoying me tho is the headlights.....

They seem to dim for a split second every 10seconds or so and its driving me nuts......
Hard to notice yet im one of those ppl that notice EVERYTHING....the sales guy said its bcos the lights are new but i think thats crap.

Does evryone else have this prob or are my lights fauly??

LXRY
30-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Just purchased '07 Euro limited edition and am very satisfied.

Just passed the 1000km hike and am taking it in for a service next week.
One thing that has been annoying me tho is the headlights.....

They seem to dim for a split second every 10seconds or so and its driving me nuts......
Hard to notice yet im one of those ppl that notice EVERYTHING....the sales guy said its bcos the lights are new but i think thats crap.

Does evryone else have this prob or are my lights fauly??

Sounds like CRAP to me........mine definetly doesn't do that (06 lxry with HID'S though)

even with normal lights shouldn't do that, have you tried lights on another euro?

aaronng
30-06-2007, 01:17 PM
That's normal because the air cond saps so much power from the alternator th at the lights dim. Turn off your a/c (or permanently turn it on) and it won't happen. :(
I've tried better grounding and a higher capacity battery, but it didn't solve the problem. The alternator just can't keep up with the load when the a/c just kicks in.

It doesn't happen to luxury models because of the way HIDs works.

LXRY
30-06-2007, 01:34 PM
That's normal because the air cond saps so much power from the alternator th at the lights dim. Turn off your a/c (or permanently turn it on) and it won't happen. :(
I've tried better grounding and a higher capacity battery, but it didn't solve the problem. The alternator just can't keep up with the load when the a/c just kicks in.

It doesn't happen to luxury models because of the way HIDs works.

Never thought of the air con aaronng...didn't think that this the case.

LXRY
30-06-2007, 01:36 PM
DLRioM.......

You said quoted "every 10 secs" is that with or without a/c ?

aaronng
30-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Every 10 seconds is the climate control set to full auto. Happens to mine too. You can even turn off all lights and have only a single map light on, and it will still dim!

akina
01-07-2007, 03:01 AM
I have also purchased a limited edition euro and i have done just over 4000km and I don't have this light dimming problem at all with or without the air-con on, and its pretty hard not to notice it if this was the case. So I think it is crap and take it back to the dealer...

tron07
02-07-2007, 09:09 AM
Put in a 0.5 or 1 farad capacitor, it will normally solve the dimming lights problem if the problem is what as Aaron mention.

Car audio guys usually have diming lights problem during the heavy bass hits and usually solve the problem with putting in a capacitor.