PDA

View Full Version : Dose??

serpo
02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey guys I wana put a turbo on my CRX and when I finish I want it to make the crazy flutter sound AKA dose, how can I make it do that Ive heard of makin this thing called a Does pipe but I wouldnt have a clue on how to build it anyone in here know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdV33Enslww&mode=related&search=

kerim
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
ey man, its just a pipe that goes onto the turbo instead of the airfilter, easy as that

dc2dc2dc2
02-07-2007, 12:11 AM
get ur dose on bro

serpo
02-07-2007, 12:42 AM
you seriouse? so ill just make pipe that goes to the turbo and wont put air filter? omg this is gonna sound sick

kerim
02-07-2007, 12:43 AM
yeah, u just need a little pipe and connect it to the turbo, thats it, you can see it in the video u posted too

SHIFTY
02-07-2007, 12:43 AM
oh noes!!

just get a vl man.. so u can look like every other tool in one :P

sick sick sick tsut tust sut tsuttttt..

***n sneezing cars!

serpo
02-07-2007, 12:45 AM
lol soz just like the sound lol thanks kerim O and I heard dosein ruins turbos is taht true?

kerim
02-07-2007, 12:46 AM
it aint that good for the turbo thats for sure, its not recomended to keep on for a long period of time, jst every now n then

serpo
02-07-2007, 01:02 AM
ahh ok cool i so want it now lol

kerim
02-07-2007, 01:04 AM
put up a video when you done it, wouldnt mind hearing it

serpo
02-07-2007, 01:07 AM
ye ill do it to my mates cordia turbo tomorrow first see how it goes lol

EuroAccord13
02-07-2007, 01:12 AM
ye ill do it to my mates cordia turbo tomorrow first see how it goes lol

This just reminded me of Roger Cordia LOL!

Killa From Manila
02-07-2007, 01:28 AM
just put the turbo from a vl on it :P they flutter the best

Bayani
02-07-2007, 03:01 AM
Could you not simply put a vent-to-air blow off valve on? o.0

aaronng
02-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Turbo flutter is actually bad for the turbo. Best would be to get a BOV that is made to sound like flutter (but doesn't really flutter)

didz
02-07-2007, 08:53 AM
There are mixed reviews Aaronng, Some say bad for turbo, others say there is no difference. Even with a bov if you're running a massive turbo with high boost it will still flutter through the intake pipe. The biggest problem is, most people are still using the little stock turbos and over boosting it which would contribute more to the damage than the "dosing" itself.
My 2 cents.

-MuGen PoWer-
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
yeah theres both sides of the story, no one has actually proved that flutter is bad for the turbo, theres countless threads about this issue on other sites, but if you think about the logic of it, then maybe it does put a strain on the turbo

KummaZ
02-07-2007, 03:24 PM
This threads got to be a joke right?

Who in their right mind would want their car to sound like a VL turbo?

Hey Uleh check out my fully sik dose bro!

Sorry just couldn't help myself..

To add something constructive if you think about it 'flutter' can't be good for a turbo, it might not cause a catastrophic failure but I'm sure its going to lessen the lifespan of the turbo.

Waggy
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
This threads got to be a joke right?
Who in their right mind would want their car to sound like a VL turbo?

Agreed. :thumbsup:

T-onedc2
02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
^^^Agreed also, I always understood the flutter sound to come from the blow off valve when the spring is set too loose (if it's adjustable)

And what on earth is "dose"?

serpo
02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
it sounds cool i am wog so thats maybe why I like it so much lol

aaronng
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
^^^Agreed also, I always understood the flutter sound to come from the blow off valve when the spring is set too loose (if it's adjustable)

And what on earth is "dose"?

No, flutter occurs when the car doesn't have a blow off valve or the valve is not properly sized for the turbo.

didz
02-07-2007, 05:54 PM
I think the dose noise is good but it doesnt suit hondas. I know someone with a turbo EJ8 and he made it dose, just doesnt feel right lol. The sound is good but the problem is that muzzas over do it.

kerim
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I think the dose noise is good but it doesnt suit hondas. I know someone with a turbo EJ8 and he made it dose, just doesnt feel right lol. The sound is good but the problem is that muzzas over do it.

yeah man, it does sound maddd, but i agree wif ya, people (muzzas) have over done it, with maily VL's

EKVTIR-T
02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
VL's dosing is BORING.Honda's fluttering is more shock value if your wanting it.
You do get heaps of looks though,in a fluttering honda...

Killa From Manila
02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
go to a vl turbo forum. theres a few stories and pics there of turbos with bent fins on the compressor wheel from running a dose pipe non stop for a few months.

kazam
02-07-2007, 06:55 PM
i reckn it sounds friggen awesum, and it is definently a sound i'd like 2 achieve in 2 years time wen i go turbo :) till then, its AEM SRI 4 me :p

ProECU
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
it sounds cool i am wog so thats maybe why I like it so much lol

vanilla rice rice baby

Bayani
02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Honda V-TEC, baby! :p

Leprechaun
03-07-2007, 04:35 PM
vanilla rice rice baby

hahah

defect
12-07-2007, 11:34 AM
screamer pipe & no bov ftw!!

kazam
29-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Turbo flutter is actually bad for the turbo. Best would be to get a BOV that is made to sound like flutter (but doesn't really flutter)

hi, im bringing this thread back up, mainly coz of this post.... what BOV actually achieves this? coz i've never heard of 1.

aaronng
29-07-2007, 01:08 PM
hi, im bringing this thread back up, mainly coz of this post.... what BOV actually achieves this? coz i've never heard of 1.

Sequential BOVs (Greddy and HKS sell them) usually have the 1st smaller valve on with a higher spring pre-load, and gives you the fluttering sound at low RPM/throttle. At high RPM or full throttle, the 2nd larger valve opens up and you get the usual pssschh sound instead. It's still fluttering/surging when it uses the 1st valve, but at least it is at low RPM with low boost, which is less damaging than using a dose pipe where you can get flutter at high RPM, high boost conditions.

kazam
29-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Sequential BOVs (Greddy and HKS sell them) usually have the 1st smaller valve on with a higher spring pre-load, and gives you the fluttering sound at low RPM/throttle. At high RPM or full throttle, the 2nd larger valve opens up and you get the usual pssschh sound instead. It's still fluttering/surging when it uses the 1st valve, but at least it is at low RPM with low boost, which is less damaging than using a dose pipe where you can get flutter at high RPM, high boost conditions.

ahhhhhh u c i have not yet entered the turbo scene coz i cant drive turbo coz of laws (i just linger in forced induction sections of forums) and i thought the SSQ BOV's achieveing a close to fluttering noise were just myths... hmm that was intersting, thanks for clearing that up :)

aaronng
29-07-2007, 03:17 PM
ahhhhhh u c i have not yet entered the turbo scene coz i cant drive turbo coz of laws (i just linger in forced induction sections of forums) and i thought the SSQ BOV's achieveing a close to fluttering noise were just myths... hmm that was intersting, thanks for clearing that up :)

You can do it with regular BOVs, by increasing the spring preload. But then it's like driving around without a BOV at all. ;) Sequentials are much better. You can drive around normally and get your flutter. When you go aggressive with full throttle, you get your loud PSSSCH. Best of both worlds. Of course, venting to atmosphere is illegal and you can get defected for it.

m3ntAL_l2
29-07-2007, 04:15 PM
hahaha do it dose ftw.

serpo
29-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Dose is that flutter noise you here from turbos

kazam
30-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Dose is that flutter noise you here from turbos

lol ok thanks for that... coz we didnt just have 3 pages of discussion on it hahaha, and thanks heaps aaronG! very useful stuff

serpo
30-07-2007, 07:46 PM
nah some one asked on page 3

SeverAMV
30-07-2007, 08:04 PM
from what i can tell, this 'dose'ing only happens when you drop the throttle a bit too fast which makes the turbo slow down a bit too fast. might stress the turbine a bit but i dont think thats much of a problem as long as you've got the money to replace it if it screws up.
the only problem i see is the lack of a filter. might be nice to have the sound, but when you take into account that the turbine of a turbo spins up to 150,000rpm, you'd rather have a filter on the end than risk a tiny 5mm rock shattering a ceramic turbine or denting a steely.