PDA

View Full Version : Dc5/R modification suggestion

XP02ED
02-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Hey guys, Tax return is coming which should get some back.. My ideas on a modification i would like to put is the following which i need suggestions from people who have already carried this out.. or know what i should do..

Current Modification is a gruppm intake..

Option A : Buy JDM intake Manifold and BDL 70mm Throttle Body.

Option B : Buy Fujistubo rm01a cat back system

EITHER way i will have both these items in the future, which one at this time would be the better upgrade?

I WILL get a krpo in the future and headers etc.. but id say my budget would be 1k from tax return..

Please also say why u think it will be better ;D

mugsee
02-07-2007, 01:05 PM
RM01A now - you won't notice much difference with the intake/TB without a tune.

Plus I found the DC5R exhaust very restrictive and you'll appreciate the vtec note more with an exhaust.

EL_DC5
02-07-2007, 01:10 PM
RM01A now - you won't notice much difference with the intake/TB without a tune.

Plus I found the DC5R exhaust very restrictive and you'll appreciate the vtec note more with an exhaust.

Tru man, Get H/C/E first

XP02ED
02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
ooo, alright good answer thats what i thought, i was thinking maybe over killing the air intake with the tb and jdm im

cmon tax return!

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 08:25 AM
hmm im thinking the TB and IM, just to make it not sound to loud cruising for now! ;D

destrukshn
04-07-2007, 09:05 AM
i say exhaust and headers.
get a quiet exhaust system
such as the rmo1a or something.

mikul_ha
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
headers and exhaust.

wont a tb and manifold upgrade reduce response with ecu tuning?

Chi
04-07-2007, 11:35 AM
You will lose response with bigger TB and manifold, without a proper ecu tune, and even with that it might not be good unless your internals are up to par to match it.

Ive had a Bigger IM and TB on my older car and i lost bottom end response noticeably.

[RSX 03]
04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
hmm im thinking the TB and IM, just to make it not sound to loud cruising for now! ;D

RM01a isn't really loud dude :)

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 12:01 PM
ALRIGHT! im convinced fine! its rm01a, ill get it from jdm when i get my tax! they got a sale haha

[RSX 03]
04-07-2007, 12:10 PM
ALRIGHT! im convinced fine! its rm01a, ill get it from jdm when i get my tax! they got a sale haha

The box is ****ing Huge. You'll have to take out the zorst if you want it to fit in your car. :)

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 12:21 PM
LOL ill bring my dads car then! thanks for heads up! hahahah

PS 1 more question

If i dont buy a IM and TB first, buy a krpo, this means once i get the IM and TB i need it to get tuned again!

am i correct?

EG5
04-07-2007, 12:44 PM
You will lose response with bigger TB and manifold, without a proper ecu tune, and even with that it might not be good unless your internals are up to par to match it.

Ive had a Bigger IM and TB on my older car and i lost bottom end response noticeably.

We've done it on K series , dont compare it with B series

EG5
04-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Do catback 1st .

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 12:45 PM
hahaha alright but how about the ECU retune? should i get a krpo first before IM and TB?

[RSX 03]
04-07-2007, 12:47 PM
LOL ill bring my dads car then! thanks for heads up! hahahah

PS 1 more question

If i dont buy a IM and TB first, buy a krpo, this means once i get the IM and TB i need it to get tuned again!

am i correct?

Just buy the Intake Manifold, Throttle Body & ECU at the same time, That's what im planning to do.

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 12:48 PM
alright, u getting a new krpo ECU? or send ur ECU over and get it for lik 1100 ?

[RSX 03]
04-07-2007, 01:12 PM
i have no clue, i'll talk to yonass once im ready.

mugsee
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Learn how to tune the Kpro yourself (plenty of tutorials, advice and videos on the net) and fiddle around with it at the very least. This way you have some kind of clue as to what the tuner is doing with your car when you get it tuned.
After learning whats involved with tuning, decide whether you want to tune the ECU yourself (a lot of people in the US have done this) or whether you'd rather choose to have the ECU tuned by a professional.
If your tuning the ECU youself, I'd say to get the ECU first and play around with it whilst you save up for the other components, however if your adament on getting it tuned by a professional, follow RSX03's advice and pick up the parts together so that you save on tuning costs.

Sending in your own ECU is cheaper however you can only do this if your current ECU is compatbile with Kpro. Hondata will also charge you $200+ (total $1300) for installation of the ECU if you chose not to get it tuned by them, which is a complete rip off. Maybe try contact EG5/JDMYard to see if they can help you out with this - they seem to have good US contacts...?

didz
04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
man im stuck in the same boat.

Toda headers (group Buy) OR
INGS Body Kit )OR
Coilovers OR
GruppeM Intake

Dunno which one!!! Leaning toward the toda because group buy price.

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 06:26 PM
link me didz to the headers group buy :P

get the intake! i swear u will love it! if u lived in syd i woulda taken u for a spin

[RSX 03]
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM

INGS Body Kit )OR
Coilovers OR
GruppeM Intake

If i was in the same boat & my car was stock... i would go:

Coilovers or Springs
Gruppe M
Toda headers

Ray_mon
04-07-2007, 08:45 PM

INGS Body Kit )OR
Coilovers OR
GruppeM Intake

TODA headers Group BUY? show me where

Chi
04-07-2007, 09:37 PM
We've done it on K series , dont compare it with B series

This is with my K series as well.

Have spoon TB and JDM IM +mugen intake on it.

Ive noticed loss of response between mid range revs.

didz
04-07-2007, 09:55 PM
TODA headers Group BUY? show me where
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69494

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 10:38 PM
ah i want too! to bad i dont got enough! woot i should be getting 2g back from tax return! so exhaust here we come might get a IM and TB same time :D thought i would only get like 800 back

mikul_ha
04-07-2007, 10:43 PM
didz, go the intake, cheapest of them all and you will feel the difference!

XP02ED
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
yeh true, although if i do

ill need to also buy

Sway bar
and catalyst :S! thats another 500!

vincent
04-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Learn how to tune the Kpro yourself (plenty of tutorials, advice and videos on the net) and fiddle around with it at the very least. This way you have some kind of clue as to what the tuner is doing with your car when you get it tuned.
After learning whats involved with tuning, decide whether you want to tune the ECU yourself (a lot of people in the US have done this) or whether you'd rather choose to have the ECU tuned by a professional.
If your tuning the ECU youself, I'd say to get the ECU first and play around with it whilst you save up for the other components, however if your adament on getting it tuned by a professional, follow RSX03's advice and pick up the parts together so that you save on tuning costs.

Sending in your own ECU is cheaper however you can only do this if your current ECU is compatbile with Kpro. Hondata will also charge you $200+ (total $1300) for installation of the ECU if you chose not to get it tuned by them, which is a complete rip off. Maybe try contact EG5/JDMYard to see if they can help you out with this - they seem to have good US contacts...?

Good Suggestion :thumbsup:

dyljoy
06-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Hope u guys can complete the setup asap~ IMO, i feel much diff about the performance when i done the setup on my car so far~

mugsee
06-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Good Suggestion :thumbsup:

Don't you have a Kpro that your looking to sell as well? OP should maybe consider buying from you as well if their looking for a full ECU replacement - it'll save them the Hondata 'fees' - ie. $200 to literally plug in an ECU.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54540

Bclub
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
buddy club exhaust is worth a look; check dyno graph gains made in the US; http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70170

XP02ED
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
WOOT!

THANKS TO the guy who pmed me!

XP02ED
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
guys, if i got a BC header and rm01a cat back

what cat should i get?

dyljoy
07-07-2007, 02:15 AM
u can seek the ans from JDM Yard, i think they can help u a lot~

TegCrazy
07-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Don't you have a Kpro that your looking to sell as well? OP should maybe consider buying from you as well if their looking for a full ECU replacement - it'll save them the Hondata 'fees' - ie. $200 to literally plug in an ECU. Mugsee i think you have your facts incorrect. My brother just had his DC5r tuned at Toda Racing in Sydney, he purchased toda headers and hondata. There is no $200 install fee, also this is from the hondatech website, which confirms there is no install fee."Please contact your local Authorized Hondatech Australia tuning workshop for installation and tuning costs. In most cases installation of K100, K Pro and plug and play Hondata ECU's are free when products are installed & tuned by an authorized dealer Australia wide."On a side note I would like to congratulate Adrian from Toda racing my brothers car is crazy now, job well done, if you want to make your dc5r go fast, go see Adrian.

mugsee
07-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Mugsee i think you have your facts incorrect. My brother just had his DC5r tuned at Toda Racing in Sydney, he purchased toda headers and hondata. There is no $200 install fee, also this is from the hondatech website, which confirms there is no install fee."Please contact your local Authorized Hondatech Australia tuning workshop for installation and tuning costs. In most cases installation of K100, K Pro and plug and play Hondata ECU's are free when products are installed & tuned by an authorized dealer Australia wide."On a side note I would like to congratulate Adrian from Toda racing my brothers car is crazy now, job well done, if you want to make your dc5r go fast, go see Adrian.

There is no fee if you have it tuned by an authorised Hondata reseller, however if you just want to have your ECU chipped by Hondata (so that you can play around wtih the Kpro unit yourself) and sent back to you, Hondata Australia have quoted (I emailed them just under a month ago) that they charge a $200 installation fee.

Your brothers car is not in the same category as above because he had his car tuned by a dealer.

Great to hear you guys are rapped by Adrian's tuning - a lot of good stuff comes from Toda's way. :thumbsup:

vincent
07-07-2007, 11:38 AM
The installation fee will be there regardless of whether tuning is involved or not.

Toda Racing has included the installation fee inside the quoted $1850.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43870

Toda has advertised the price for KPRO

K-Pro From $1850 (Fitted & dyno tuned)

Let's break it the price of $1850 down;

The Hondata KPRO module from Hondatech is $1100

Hondata k-Pro DC5r - Only for compatible L66Q592 (http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=180)processor ECU’s

$1100.00 (New Price as of 1st of March 2007)
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=3072#post3072 (http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=3072#post3072)

Standard Dyno Tuning from TODA Racing $650

Fitting & dyno tuning is an extra $650 in both cases
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43870 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43870)

Total $1750

It does not make sense? Why has TODA AU quoted $1850? There is a difference of $100. That's the installation cost.

The installation cost is for the install of Hondata KPRO module into the stock ECU. ie Soldering a jumper onto the ECU board, Dremel the ECU case to accept a USB connector.

XP02ED
07-07-2007, 05:36 PM
For everyones inforomation

I got a rm01a Installed today with Buddy Club Headers.

AND DANg! i love it

mugsee
07-07-2007, 06:08 PM
You've already got your tax return money back? Wow, thats really quick!

Nice stuff! Did you get a cat mod done to the headers? Post up a review on the combo after you get more of a chance to drive the car around and tell us how it feels.

XP02ED
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Hahahah! YEH mugsee! im all smiles! like serzly ALL SMILES! slept smiling BWAHHAHA

nah prusso i got it installed a livo exhaust, and yeh had to cut the headers coz they designed for not cat, they cut that and put a metal cat and a flange.

took about 2 hours ! they had troubles with the stock header (dont think they do much hondas)

regarding review ill be doing it maybe tonight with some pics! IE like the gruppem i took

BTW! it aint loud! only when it hits vtec! .. VERY HAPPY! dont want a loud exhaust as a daily car :D

Luke Accord
08-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Sounds good bro. Glad to hear it worked out well. :D

TegCrazy
08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Vincent, Adrian warned me about you, trying to sell Hondata and your not even qualified in anything to do with EFI tuning, let alone an official dealer or business, how can you offer support, And your prices are way more expensive than anywhere, and you have a 6 week waiting order, $2000 and you don't even get it professional tuned I smell a rip off!! Anyway don't you need to be a ozhonda trader to sell things on here ? sounds very dodgy. Buyer be ware stay away from back door none official people trying to make a quick buck, go see a professional tuner such as Adrian from Toda Racing. As for Adrian's tuning prices he can change what ever he thinks is necessary for tuning, he told us any car that uses kpro is much more complex to tune, either way professional tuning vs back yard tuning, you can't compare.

XP02ED
08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
thanks luke for actually pm about it! hahahaha! but yeh i can serzxly feel a difference!

Luke Accord
08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Cool mate. Got any dyno numbers?

XP02ED
08-07-2007, 12:56 PM
hahaha not yet! but i will! gna go look for a place! kinda spent all my cash! hahaha

spent 2.6 K all up

EP3 Sway Bar,
BC headers,
rm01a Cat back
Some High flow Cat from livo exhaust
and Installation.

Livo exhaust was suprised about the sound it lets out! they wanted to test drive it!

Give me about 2 weeks ill get it dynoed :D anyone know how much stock dc5R has ?

vincent
08-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Well let me just start by saying that Adrian FTW, I wish I could have tuning capabilities and mechanical skills just as great as his in which my engine will be as in a excellent condition as the built dc5 engines that I have seen in Brisbane which are very fast and maintenance free :thumbsup:

Let’s just hope that when your brother’s engine is opened up that you can see what I mean and that we can both share the same experience :D

Just to be friendly, the maintenance free bit costs quite a bit in the end ;)

I never once mentioned that I was qualified in tuning and don’t sell it as a service but what makes a person ‘professional’. I’m just here to share my information that I have acquired over the years. Do I need a shop front to be professional? Because I might as well utilise my nursing background, crash a shop and call myself an official dealer or business if that’s what it takes for me to gain ‘professionalism’ status. I don’t have a good memory but please direct me to where I have listed that I am qualified in tuning.

If you think my prices are too expensive, then basically don’t bother reading my threads because the Kpro I’m selling is not for those like you who wish to cheap things out in the short term, I tend to be a long-term thinker and consider those who may end up selling their car just to make a bit of money back because we know how expensive modifications can be.

If Adrian can charge whatever he thinks is necessary for tuning – why are you deciding that I can’t charge the prices that I use to sell my used Kpro for? If Kpro is so complex, why don’t you go complain to the homeland of Hondata and tell the two thousand or so of people that tune their own cars in the US that what they are doing is completely wrong and that they must all seek professional tuners. Oh wait – tell that to Doug MacMillan – if you don’t know who he is, feel free to google him :)

If tuning of Kpro is much more complex – how did Adrian start in the first place? Did he go to the US to learn and attend any of the Hondata seminars that were held in L.A? May as well bring his Hondata Kpro certificate and mechanical engineering degree to the table if you want to keep arguing about this. If you can show me this, then I’ll agree with you that Adrian is qualified to be one of the many ‘professionals’ around.

*Disclaimer* Just to let you know, I do not have both of the above, therefore don’t ask me for tuning advice. However, being a google and search button savvy myself, I can point to some links that I have archived over the years.

http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showpost.php?p=26168&postcount=11

Feel free to use these links to your favour in determining whether Adrian has tuned your brother’s car professionally. Oh snap, your brother’s map is locked and you can’t do anything with it :wave:

[RSX 03]
08-07-2007, 06:10 PM
^
oOh SNAP!

.::F[L]Y::.
08-07-2007, 06:58 PM
have you guys considered dynodave to tune? his the man if you want a good tune esp hondata products. His work has actual 1/4 mile times to back it all up (check my sig). Daves new workshop is based at minto.

i have dealt with both tuners so if you want an honest opinion you can pm me.

XP02ED
09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
i wouldnt mind giving him a go, not now i need a new ECU first!

BTW opinions

with my current setup,
BC race headers with custom cat rm01a and the ep sway

2.6k worth it? BWAHAH seems like a lot of money

This includes install, id ont know how to weld :D

XP02ED
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
ah alright

well this was the cost :

FJ rm01a + sway + headers for 2k.

I bought a cat for $300 from livo exhaust + 100 for a flange

charged me $250 for full install

i think its an average price just wanted to be sure!

DW i will have pics! ill make a review on the weekend! its raining! and i will definately have a video!

BUT dang! this thing wheels spins from 1st to 2nd, and even on 2nd to 3rd ;S and no my tyres have 80% tread, using potenza's

EG5
09-07-2007, 02:41 PM
i wouldnt mind giving him a go, not now i need a new ECU first!

BTW opinions

with my current setup,
BC race headers with custom cat rm01a and the ep sway

2.6k worth it? BWAHAH seems like a lot of money

This includes install, id ont know how to weld :D

it was one off price for the header as it was x demo.

timofytit
09-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Holy moly, i have to share my thoughts!!

My thoughts on the K-Pro: I would love to have a k-pro in my DC5R, i would have the flexibility of tuning my car to its full potential in any setup. I would be able to get constant updates from Hondata with its software etc. But on the other hand, I live in Brisbane. Brisbane does not have any professional Hondata Tuners. How can i get my car tuned other than waiting for someone to travel from interstate maybe 1-2 times a year. Maybe i need it tuned asap because there is a problem. How much is it going to cost to get a professional to my car, or maybe my car to the professional. I want a K-Pro, i just dont know how to overcome the tuning and retuning problem.

Let me know of a solution if anyone has one so i too can enjoy the benifits of a k-pro when i get the balls to purchase one.

XP02ED
09-07-2007, 06:31 PM
yeh i know yonas! either way! money came from tax, so i to dont really matter, and im happy with output!

expect me there in about 1 month after the intake manifold, when time comes closer tell me your though on the TB

XP02ED
09-07-2007, 07:19 PM
GUYS! im thinking of changing stock side skirts, to aftermarket

im thinking towards the CW style

what is everyones opinions

PS i am leaving stock front bar and stock rear bar, i just dont like the side skirts, sits to high compared to front and back

XP02ED
09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
hahaha ill have a think, dont have any pics!

hmm u gna take my stock stuff :P

obsessionz
10-07-2007, 01:00 PM
rm01a is so quiet dude... you cant hear much at all i rather power getter looks and sounds better.. but thats your call..

mikul_ha
10-07-2007, 01:45 PM
xpo2ed, gets some pics up of your new exhaust setup :)

XP02ED
10-07-2007, 01:56 PM
LOL yes quiet compared to most exhaust, but i specifcally wanted a quiet exhaust for a daily driver... its quiet from the inside from 1-4th rev yes..
once i hit vtec with my gruppm its a loud mother f*cker.. trust me ive heard it and got someone to drive it

mik, dw i will once i have time on the weekend ill jack it up take pics and do a review once again ;D

wlee2
10-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Do I need a shop front to be professional? Because I might as well utilise my nursing background, crash a shop and call myself an official dealer or business if that’s what it takes for me to gain ‘professionalism’ status. I don’t have a good memory but please direct me to where I have listed that I am qualified in tuning.

who are you referring to with a nursing background? Do you have a nursing background Vincent?

mikul_ha
10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
i prefer the look and sound of the PG but i believe the rm is much better with low/mid then the PG is mid/high end power

anyone back this up?

i got a PG, increase in sound no increase up top end that i can feel LOL

EL_DC5
11-07-2007, 11:00 AM
how do those compare to the Toda Exhaust system?

EL_DC5
11-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Remember new laws have passed recently(don't quote me) about noise levels in vehicles. I was on the news 2-3 weeks ago. dont know when they will be enforced.

XP02ED
11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
i think its 90 deci now...

anywaiz..
im looking at a KPRO ecu, i should be getting my company bonus this month.. got some questions

I see that I got 2 options..

Send the ECU to hondatech and get them to chip it, cost will be $1100, this doesnt include tuning etc

Or buy another ECU which would be about the 2k price..

I see if i send the ECU over is Only for compatible L66Q592 processor ECU’s

what do people recommend doing?

EL_DC5
11-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Adrien from Toda can Program them and tune it yea, give him call/visit, I think he may still still have one sitting there

mikul_ha
11-07-2007, 01:23 PM
if you send it how long does it take to for you to get it back?

EL_DC5
11-07-2007, 05:39 PM
I'll try and find something on this, Im sure that the law has or is changing soon, the Current law is -
Exhaust noise from vehicles

Exhaust noise from vehicles should not exceed the prescribed exhaust noise levels. These are given in Schedule 1 of the Regulation. Levels are established from a set testing procedure also described in the Regulation. For most cars, the relevant exhaust noise limit is 90 decibels and for motorcycles, 94 decibels.

just speak to adrian he will sort u out
also the law has always been 90db
basically means if u can hear the exhaust its illegal
a yardstick 4 this is the stock holden ss exhaust is just over 90db at 3/4 throttle

EL_DC5
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
Found it. Clause 18
http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/resources/07260infomv.pdf
read it. there are other relevant clauses

I really dont know if its a bad or good change for us enthusiasts

didz
12-07-2007, 09:58 PM
GUYS! im thinking of changing stock side skirts, to aftermarket

im thinking towards the CW style

what is everyones opinions

PS i am leaving stock front bar and stock rear bar, i just dont like the side skirts, sits to high compared to front and back

stuff CW man go INGS style!
http://www.speedfactory.co.nz/bodykits/honda/integra.php

mikul_ha
13-07-2007, 10:10 AM
vote for OEM

XP02ED
13-07-2007, 10:17 AM
haha! that kit looks kool,

yeh oem is good, but i hate the side skirts it comes with, its so skinny

mikul_ha
13-07-2007, 11:09 AM
but if you change just the side skirts, it wont level with your front and rear bar *shrugs*

didz
13-07-2007, 11:21 AM
yeh true... but ings is so much hotter... lol

XP02ED
13-07-2007, 11:23 AM
true! well ill see what happens i guess

for now! im off to go out! gna go bels! so will post results when i can :D wish me luck!

dyljoy
13-07-2007, 12:16 PM
true! well ill see what happens i guess

for now! im off to go out! gna go bels! so will post results when i can :D wish me luck!

The power u gain so far i think should be around 10-15kw compare with ur stock set up, once u get the kpro and do a prop tune, another 10-15kw may gain, good luck~:thumbsup:

[RSX 03]
13-07-2007, 03:16 PM
with a proper k-pro tune, you should see around 20KW.

EL_DC5
13-07-2007, 05:30 PM
does it get tunned for 98 fuel

dyljoy
13-07-2007, 05:49 PM
does it get tunned for 98 fuel

I did the kpro tuned by 98 fuel

Tofu
13-07-2007, 07:38 PM
I suggest getting the OEM side skirt from Honda dealers.
not the OEM TypeR one, but the OEM base model side skirts...it won't stick out too much, and it's just enough for those keen DC5 enthusiasts to notice.

definitely let us know how you go with the dyno!

XP02ED
13-07-2007, 08:53 PM
ok i got the dyno done!

i dont like the result.. ill need a scanner! dont have one here so wern i can ill upload but

it was 120kw atw

Luke Accord
13-07-2007, 08:55 PM
How much gain is that on stock?

XP02ED
13-07-2007, 09:13 PM
nfi.. i think a factor is my tyres were abit flat i think im gna go to 17s :S

EG5
13-07-2007, 09:18 PM
ok i got the dyno done!

i dont like the result.. ill need a scanner! dont have one here so wern i can ill upload but

it was 120kw atw

shows us some dyno sheet.

XP02ED
13-07-2007, 09:30 PM
its 3 sheets

i dont have a scanner here, ill have to do it at home or work! i aint at home atm..

but yeh 120kw seems low?

Mst_Mugen
13-07-2007, 09:45 PM
its 3 sheets

i dont have a scanner here, ill have to do it at home or work! i aint at home atm..

but yeh 120kw seems low?

not realli... if u just have i/h/e i thnk thats about right... cuz remember, the gruppeM is not a "dyno" intake.... i have only i/e and im only makin 112kw atw... BUT, if u have kpro with that as well.. then yes, that is quite low... o, also, are you dynoing on 18"s? that is gona take a few kws off as well... i know a guy who also drives a DC5R who got 131kw atw with his OEM 16" rims, and then got it dynoed with this 18"s on the same dyno and was only making 124kw atw...

EL_DC5
13-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Man if I have 124 now with just intake on my S, what would i get with H/E

EG5
14-07-2007, 12:04 AM
again different dyno , different reading , different way of strapping , different set up etc

EL_DC5
14-07-2007, 01:02 AM
Type S FTW!

XP02ED
14-07-2007, 09:06 AM
LOL

OK this is what i got.

18's, gruppm, rm01a, bc header and high flow cat..

im @ work no scanner but

Max Torque : 357N.M @ 64KPH
Max Power : 120.5KW @ 144KPH
Motive Force : 739.8LB @ 64KPH

i got 3 sheets

My Cousin with Stock items and 18s will have a dyno and ill compare..

Otherwise i will chuck my stockies on and see how it goes with that..
If theres a big difference im gna go get 17's !

Although im with u with gruppm, as the car was facing a wall not getting air flow :S

dyljoy
14-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Gaining 120KW seems right, man. I remembered I got DYNO result as around 120KW ftw without kpro tuned, but when tuned the ECU, the output up to 130KW, tuner said it can be raise a bit more, but for safety, he didn't push it too much~haha, i am satisfied what i got so far anyway~cheers

XP02ED
14-07-2007, 12:00 PM
alright well i guess il wait for my ECU to come :D how big is ur rims?

would really like to know though the stock figures.. on 18s or stockies

LUD35
14-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Holy moly, i have to share my thoughts!!

My thoughts on the K-Pro: I would love to have a k-pro in my DC5R, i would have the flexibility of tuning my car to its full potential in any setup. I would be able to get constant updates from Hondata with its software etc. But on the other hand, I live in Brisbane. Brisbane does not have any professional Hondata Tuners. How can i get my car tuned other than waiting for someone to travel from interstate maybe 1-2 times a year. Maybe i need it tuned asap because there is a problem. How much is it going to cost to get a professional to my car, or maybe my car to the professional. I want a K-Pro, i just dont know how to overcome the tuning and retuning problem.

Let me know of a solution if anyone has one so i too can enjoy the benifits of a k-pro when i get the balls to purchase one.

i know i own a civic, and im not in my forum, but my opinions. my Civic is an SiR and im getting a K20/K24 hybrid motor built by Dr Honda in it. the Kpro is being made by James at Hondata and my mate, Glenn(from GRP automotive - built the k20a Red ef Civic) is going to tune my car. if you want ill make sure i get before and after tuning dynographs. should be good for 140kw+ atw

and im in brissy too mate :D i agree there is no point waiting 6 months for DD or James

dyljoy
14-07-2007, 01:23 PM
alright well i guess il wait for my ECU to come :D how big is ur rims?

would really like to know though the stock figures.. on 18s or stockies

My dyno tune is tuned without rim, but anyway, my rim is 17'

dyljoy
14-07-2007, 01:24 PM
i know i own a civic, and im not in my forum, but my opinions. my Civic is an SiR and im getting a K20/K24 hybrid motor built by Dr Honda in it. the Kpro is being made by James at Hondata and my mate, Glenn(from GRP automotive - built the k20a Red ef Civic) is going to tune my car. if you want ill make sure i get before and after tuning dynographs. should be good for 140kw+ atw

and im in brissy too mate :D i agree there is no point waiting 6 months for DD or James

woo, cool, do u still own the car, show us ur sheets and want to have a look on ur car one day

XP02ED
14-07-2007, 01:33 PM
dyljoy, do u have the upgraded stock ECU to kpro? or a whole new unit?

im gna be getting one just dont know what i should look out for..

dyljoy
14-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I got the whole new unit(actually is used ecu from USA) from Vincent. if u want sell the car with kpro, u can choose upgraded one, but if u may sell kpro and back car to stock, get another new unit is better idea

XP02ED
14-07-2007, 01:45 PM
yeh i think ill do that but i dont thill ill be selling my car anytime soon or later on.. haha

ill have to find someone in the US that can source me one for cheap! for now i got 1800, should wait for an ECU OR buy coil overs! :D decisions decisions!

relating to the dyno, seems fine? and i shouldnt worry?

LUD35
14-07-2007, 05:42 PM
woo, cool, do u still own the car, show us ur sheets and want to have a look on ur car one day

read my post a bit more carefully dude. the motor is going into my civic in approx 3-4 weeks. its being tuned by Glen after its installed. i will make sure i get pre and post tune dynographs for everyone to see. what im trying to say here is that there are ppl in brissy who can tune a k-pro...and do it well.

XP02ED
15-07-2007, 12:47 PM
yeh but gruppem > injen any day ;D

Mst_Mugen
15-07-2007, 05:23 PM
yeh but gruppem > injen any day ;D

not on a dyno though!! but in real life driving, then ***** FAR SHO!!!! :wave:

XP02ED
18-07-2007, 04:35 PM
hahahah :D

anyone with base model dc5 have pics of side skirts :D

are they thicker that the dc5R?

Boydi!
18-07-2007, 10:56 PM
My DC5 base has Black Skirts on the side Im not sure if they are bigger than the DC5R but Ill up a Photo when I get home From work.

XP02ED
19-07-2007, 08:48 AM
oo thanks guys!

seems like its the same as a stock dc5

obsessionz
19-07-2007, 09:16 AM
they look the same but unpainted?

XP02ED
19-07-2007, 09:23 AM
dyno results up : http://ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70403

XP02ED
09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey guys

Ill be buying a BDL throttle body in the next month or so and i want to get an Intake Manifold at the same time.

I see alot of people getting or recommending JDM intake manifold as its bigger.

Although i cant find any more information on other IM, is there other branded items for the k20 engine?

If so any suggestions on what brand?

mikul_ha
09-08-2007, 10:33 AM
RBC manifold ... search clubrsx

i think skunk2 also make IM's also...

XP02ED
09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
anyone got any aftermarket IM installed?

what would people recommend for Intake manifold? do people think JDM will be sufficient? or should i go with a branded one

I cant see skunk2 making stuff for k20 yet?

XP02ED
13-09-2007, 04:12 PM
hey guys, im changing my IM soon, then my TB then ECU..

thiking of making my bay nicer! ahhaa do you think its worth buying a silicone hose pack.. either red to bling the bay! or black... the stock hoses seem hard and stiff,

air23box
14-09-2007, 03:16 AM
sounds like you are loaded bro......lol.......whats ur plan.......there is a lot of different brands you can get for ex mani such as....toda, mugen, feels, m-bits, Spoon, Vision........some of them come with cat and some are not.....

XP02ED
14-09-2007, 10:01 AM
lol, i actually got the JDM IM, which im getting cleaned up today.. but wondering if its worth changing all the hoses to silcone to bling !

CivicOnBoost
14-09-2007, 10:25 AM
So many ppl in this thread that dont have a clue what they are on about.

1) k24/20 should make 200kw atw easily, shit my k20 with bolt ons and cams made 153kw atw

2) No point in having a bigger intake manifold and TB unless you are running cams. On a stock motor it will make 2-3kw gain. RBC is not really any good unless you are running cams or have a jdm motor which you are revving to 9000rpm.

3) Best mods prior to opening the engine would be CAI (injen), Toda Headers and a custom 3 Inch exhaust and tuned with k-pro. If you really wanted to you could add a 70mm throttle body and JDM intake manifold but like I said the gain is going to be quite minimal. I/H/E/K-pro should net you close to 140kw atw

But hey what would i know i have only owned 3 dc5r's and before parting my current car it was one of the quickest NA dc5's around

XP02ED
14-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Dude, who said i wasnt going to add cams? etC? money doesnt grow on trees..

i got big plans for this car.. either focused on N/A which looks like im headed or turboed..

Although once i get my TB and IM and kpro.. ill be trying to get dynodave to tune my car :S

So many ppl in this thread that dont have a clue what they are on about.

1) k24/20 should make 200kw atw easily, shit my k20 with bolt ons and cams made 153kw atw

2) No point in having a bigger intake manifold and TB unless you are running cams. On a stock motor it will make 2-3kw gain. RBC is not really any good unless you are running cams or have a jdm motor which you are revving to 9000rpm.

3) Best mods prior to opening the engine would be CAI (injen), Toda Headers and a custom 3 Inch exhaust and tuned with k-pro. If you really wanted to you could add a 70mm throttle body and JDM intake manifold but like I said the gain is going to be quite minimal. I/H/E/K-pro should net you close to 140kw atw

But hey what would i know i have only owned 3 dc5r's and before parting my current car it was one of the quickest NA dc5's around

air23box
15-09-2007, 12:19 AM
lol, i actually got the JDM IM, which im getting cleaned up today.. but wondering if its worth changing all the hoses to silcone to bling !

ITs all up to you bro......but I am heading the same way tho....lol...

XP02ED
17-09-2007, 12:36 PM
ITs all up to you bro......but I am heading the same way tho....lol...

dude! im still waiting on pics of skirts :P

hahaa