PDA

View Full Version : dc2 vtir misfiring issues

CL455
02-07-2007, 12:56 PM
hey guys... few weeks ago my dc2 started to act up a bit... the tacho in the dash started to jump / skip around the place when i was reving or even just sitting there idling. it fixed itself and went back to normal so i didn't make anything of it...

now 3 weeks later... tacho again going spastic all over the shop ... usually starts above 2,000rpm... when the car has no load when i free rev it .. seems to rev ok doesn't sound like it's misfiring...

but when i'm driving it sounds like ass ... when i put my foot down it struggles to rev ... but while i'm driving normally it's ok. i was told it's a firing issue and could be something with the distributor.

can anyone else confirm this?? or am i completely wrong on this one

Int3gra-T
02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
spark plug? spark lead.
water in your engine,

CRXer
02-07-2007, 02:17 PM
If your tacho is going spastic u got an ignitor(ICM) problem.

L a z y b O Y
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
try changing your spark leads n spark plugs as integra-t said

Int3gra-T
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
also if you have washed your engine water can get into the spark plug gaps.
so just spray water dispersant,
and blow with a air compressor.
and start up, go for a drive.
and should be fine in a day.

CL455
03-07-2007, 11:31 PM
yea checked the spark plugs all seem to be ok .... i replaced the igniter sometime last yr which just stopped me from getting the car running...

i'll have a look with the igniter

CL455
18-10-2007, 07:20 AM
hey guys... i'm wondering if what this guy has for sale will fix my problem???
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77073

any help greatly appriciated :)

aaronng
18-10-2007, 07:46 AM
yea checked the spark plugs all seem to be ok .... i replaced the igniter sometime last yr which just stopped me from getting the car running...

i'll have a look with the igniter
Check the ignition control module.

16CTEG
18-10-2007, 11:41 AM
hey guys... few weeks ago my dc2 started to act up a bit... the tacho in the dash started to jump / skip around the place when i was reving or even just sitting there idling. it fixed itself and went back to normal so i didn't make anything of it...

now 3 weeks later... tacho again going spastic all over the shop ... usually starts above 2,000rpm... when the car has no load when i free rev it .. seems to rev ok doesn't sound like it's misfiring...

but when i'm driving it sounds like ass ... when i put my foot down it struggles to rev ... but while i'm driving normally it's ok. i was told it's a firing issue and could be something with the distributor.

can anyone else confirm this?? or am i completely wrong on this one

my car is doing the same thing! ive come to the conclusion that its the spark plug leads possibly the a spark plug! but i cant explain the tacho gonig crazy, i just recently put in a new dizzy!

ECU-MAN
18-10-2007, 02:06 PM
did you replace the ICM with the new dizzy or reuse the old ICM ???

CL455
18-10-2007, 06:17 PM
hey guys... i'm wondering if what this guy has for sale will fix my problem???
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77073

any help greatly appriciated :)

guys.... any help on this ^^^

if it is i'm gonna get my car running properly again

destrukshn
18-10-2007, 06:26 PM
when the revs jump up and fluctuate like that it's usually the ignitor unit.
not the coil.
you can get it from auto-one, it's a aftermarket one, but same brand as geunine for about $130ish.

CL455
18-10-2007, 09:08 PM
ohhh ok ... fair enough... i'll try the ignitor unit as majority of ppl think it is .. i'll post up how i go

cheers guys :)

prego
19-10-2007, 11:46 PM
sounds similar what i had in my da9

changed spark plaugs leads but they didnt work it was my coil that was gone