PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning INJEN Air Filter

Moya
02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
How do I clean Injen Air Filter?

Is it oil based or something? What should I buy from Repco.

Thanks

Zilli
02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey dude

i cleaned mine a few weeks ago, i just cleaned it with compressed air, got heaps of crap out of it. It is paper based but i didnt oil it, i dunno if it required it. I do however remember that it had some oil on it when i first got it, so im hoping someone on here can chime in and help out

EG30
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Not sure about injen but I presume it's the cotton gauzed type air filter similar to k&N right?

I buy K&N air filter oil in spray cans and re-oil the K&Ns for myself and others when they get really dirty. I don't however bother buying their $$$ cleaning solution. I use the mag wheel cleaner I buy in 4L and use that to clean the filters, let it dry naturally, in my tumble dryer if I'm in a hurry and re-oil. You only need a tiny amt of oil sprayed on so don't over oil.

Zilli
03-07-2007, 08:08 AM
where do u get the oil from mate?

aaronng
03-07-2007, 08:58 AM
Repco or Autobarn.

ek4-guy
03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I'd go with the k&n filter charger cleaning kit.

Blowing them out with high pressure air will seperate the fibres and make the holes larger so bigger pieces of crap can get through.

You should not accelerate drying in any way as heat will cause the fibres to shrink witch will make the holes larger so bigger pieces of crap can get through.

Moya
03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
So going to Repco and buying k&n filter charger cleaning kit, is what I want? I'm a noob remember! Does it come with instructions? I'm guessing it's a simple job you can do alongside with changing Oil/Oil Filter in a few hours?

ek4-guy
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
yep thats what you want and its a easy job it should come with instructions but its just a matter of spraying the cleaner on letting it sit for a few minutes then washing the cleaner off from the inside out

then you just re oil you filter and the oil is dyed red so you can see where you have applied it. so you spray it leave it for a while to soak in then cheak if any spots look dry

aaronng
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
You MUST wait til the filter is totally dry.