PDA

View Full Version : H4 Halogen?

NightKids
03-07-2007, 04:27 AM
Hey guys

I got a 95 Civic EG & was wanting some brighter headlight bulbs. After doing a bit of research I've decided that the Phillips Blue Vision is prob the best for my application as it's not too expensive and it sounds pretty good.

Was just wondering what size I get? Is it H4? Or do I have to get another one? The reason I ask is that I heard my bulb is high/low beam in one....

ICV 73C
03-07-2007, 06:17 AM
h4 is fine. n yes philips are good.

Sydsyd
03-07-2007, 08:54 AM
yes, EG uses H4 bulbs...

i have used phillips diamondvision on my EG too, the light was much whiter with a tinge of blue, but it's not as bright as normal yellow bulbs for some reason...not too sure if it's the light output itself or the headlight itself...anyone knows?

aaronng
03-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Diamondvision bulbs are dimmer than stock.

If you want something similar to stock, then you have to use bluevision. But in my opinion, blue vision still looks yellow. I'd rather just get the Philips Visionplus +50% bulbs over blue vision.

If you want white light, Crystalvision is better. But it is just slightly less bright than stock. And.... Crystalvision comes with matching parker bulbs too. :)

Kiz_EG6
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
If you want blue/white light AND an upgrade in visibility, honestly you will have to go the whole hog, spend the $$$ and get a xenon upgrade, anything less than this and you will either be dissapointed or in denial :)

If you just want them to be brighter i would go the phillips vision plus or, if you want the blue look in the headlight cluster as well, then phillips GT150's!

If you want blue headlights for the look, then, yes, go the Phillips diamond vision, or crystal vision.

Blue vision will give you sufficient visibility, but no better than the standard yellow globes, and, as previously stated, they still have a slight yellow tinge!

If you want my advice, there are some very competitively priced xenon kits starting to appear on the market, i've seen full conversion kits in Autobarn for as low as $500rrp! More than a set of diamond visions, but it would be well worth it!!

NightKids
03-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey guys thx for all the help there! After many hours of consideration between the Phillips GT150 and other Philips products I have decided to go for the Philips H4 X-Treme, which is supposely the brightest Halogens providing up to 80% increase visibility.

Philips H4 X-Treme (http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/productid/210/Philips_Xtreme_Power_+80percent_xenon_bulbs.html)

EuroDude
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Be careful with those high output bulbs suchas the X-Treme, they can get very hot and melt the headlamp socket.

I had Philips H4 bluevisions ($60) and they were great. The VisionPlus are also good. The CrystalVisions are $100 and probably not worth the extra cash imo, plus I was told they were illegal for street use.

Have a read of this article http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/AftermarketLightsFAQ.htm

aaronng
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Be careful with those high output bulbs suchas the X-Treme, they can get very hot and melt the headlamp socket.

I had Philips H4 bluevisions ($60) and they were great. The VisionPlus are also good. The CrystalVisions are $100 and probably not worth the extra cash imo, plus I was told they were illegal for street use.

Have a read of this article http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/AftermarketLightsFAQ.htm

X-Treme is not a high watt light bulb. It's like the 50%. It gets 80% brighter because of different gas, filament and reflector design in the bulb. It probably gets as hot as the Visionplus.

The Crystalvision looks white-yellow. It's not as white as Merc or BMW HIDs, so you won't have to worry about having lights that are blue. They don't have ADR approval though. That is the only reason why they are not legal for street use. BTW, ALL AFTERMARKET H-series HIDs are not road legal too. :)

NightKids
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah i was about to say, the wattage is the same but it's just using different technology to get the 80% brightness. But i'm real curious to know if it's pure white or has a tinge of yellow, guess i'll find out in about a weeks time

aaronng
03-07-2007, 03:35 PM
Yeah i was about to say, the wattage is the same but it's just using different technology to get the 80% brightness. But i'm real curious to know if it's pure white or has a tinge of yellow, guess i'll find out in about a weeks time

It's yellow for sure. Almost the same colour as the stock halogens. If you want white light, only the Crystalvision gives white light. The Diamondvision is slightly bluish (which is why it is dim, the blue filter on the glass is too strong).

Kiz_EG6
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey guys thx for all the help there! After many hours of consideration between the Phillips GT150 and other Philips products I have decided to go for the Philips H4 X-Treme, which is supposely the brightest Halogens providing up to 80% increase visibility.

Philips H4 X-Treme (http://www.care4car.com/productdisplay/productid/210/Philips_Xtreme_Power_+80percent_xenon_bulbs.html)

I was under the impression that these were not avail in oz yet, who is the retailer you are getiing them through?!

EuroDude
03-07-2007, 03:48 PM
nly the Crystalvision gives white light.

The BlueVisions also give out white light. I dont notice any yellow at all. They are not Blue either except for the cut-off edge (looks similar to HID's cut off)

kerim
03-07-2007, 04:01 PM
i havent had any bad experiences from the cheap ebay ones, i have used them numerous times on my civics and even used them on my BMW E46 and still pretty happy with them, the light output is strong on them aswell, and they dont cost much to replace, i recomend people to give them a go, they only cost about $15 or less

aaronng
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
The BlueVisions also give out white light. I dont notice any yellow at all. They are not Blue either except for the cut-off edge (looks similar to HID's cut off)

I had Bluevision for 6 months (til they blew) and they looked like stock to me. Wasted money as the colour was very similar to Visionplus. You should see the Crystalvisions, they are very nice. But not as bright as Visionplus though. :(

EuroDude
03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I had Bluevision for 6 months (til they blew) and they looked like stock to me. :(

Really? The stock ones are very yellow, I saw a huge difference in colour. Ive had the same BlueVision ones for a year now, still going strong :)

NightKids
03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah the Philip X-Treme is not out in Australia, I had to buy it off eBay from a UK seller. If everything is good like I receive it & they work good & everything, I will recommend the seller to anyone's who is interested. Cost me $65 inc postage

^__^ SM ^__^
08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking of getting the MTEC Superwhite (4350K) or Bluevision. Which one is better? I have the Extended Watt MTEC 4750K Cosmos Blue and they are bad output. I want the yellowish-white color with whitish-blue cutoff. if there's anything else please reccmend.

Btw.. how come X-treme Power isn't avail. in H1?