PDA

View Full Version : Spare Fuse

E-Gene
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
A couple of days ago, one of my HID headlights failed and I was trying find out what the problem was and it turns out that it wasn't the bulb or ballast, but that it had fused.

Anyway, I was wondering if our Euros have spare fuses in the fuse box? I read the manual and some of the fuses are labelled as backup, are those spare fuses that I can use?

m3ntAL_l2
03-07-2007, 01:31 PM
yes u can use em, but best is go buy new ones from kmart with same votage or wot ever.
they like 20centS each.

EuroDude
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
The Spare fuses that are in blank holes (no metal) are your spare fuses.

I think the "backup" fuse is for resetting the ECU, or its the Reverse Light fuse.

Or simply go to your local Petrol Station and grab a fuse of the same Amperage

tron07
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Just use the spare fuse first, then buy new fuse to replace the spares.

aaronng
03-07-2007, 04:15 PM
A couple of days ago, one of my HID headlights failed and I was trying find out what the problem was and it turns out that it wasn't the bulb or ballast, but that it had fused.

Anyway, I was wondering if our Euros have spare fuses in the fuse box? I read the manual and some of the fuses are labelled as backup, are those spare fuses that I can use?

From the fuse box diagram, I see no spare fuses. Just go to Repco and pick up a Narva spare fuse pack. Costs $2-4 for a 5 pack. You can get 1 of each rating or a 5 pack of the same rating. Remember to get the smaller one, which is what the Euro uses, and not the large ones, which fit holdens.:)

NeoNode
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
And if the fuse keeps blowing after you replaced it, you might need a beefier one for your HID's.

E-Gene
03-07-2007, 05:33 PM
And if the fuse keeps blowing after you replaced it, you might need a beefier one for your HID's.

I found out that it blew because one of the connections on my HID was exposed and shortcircuiting the fuse.

Anyway, I bought a pack of 5 from Autobarn.

So are there or are there not spare fuses in the Euro?

aaronng
03-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I found out that it blew because one of the connections on my HID was exposed and shortcircuiting the fuse.

Anyway, I bought a pack of 5 from Autobarn.

So are there or are there not spare fuses in the Euro?

I've gone through the manual and each fuse seems to be accounted for. So no spares.

EuroAccord13
03-07-2007, 06:00 PM
As far as I know, The Euro doesn't carry any spare fuses...

Do the second and third series have them?

E-Gene
04-07-2007, 10:30 PM
As far as I know, The Euro doesn't carry any spare fuses...

Do the second and third series have them?

It turns out that one of the fuses that I pulled out that said "backup" on the manual looks to be a spare. I looked and it seems like there aren't any metal contacts below for that fuse unlike the rest.

Hmmm, so maybe our Euros do have spare fuses after all.