PDA

View Full Version : defective

hybn8
04-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey guys. I currently drive a honda civic ek1 turbo *ECU-MAN EDIT no free advertising * at the moment. I just wanna know if anyone here has been pulled over by the cops and what they say. Mate got pulled over with a turbo kit and got done defected. Had to form the whole car back to standard. Anyone else here being drilled??:thumbdwn:

kid_dynamite
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Engineering Certificate ftw. It may not stop you getting defected all the time, but if a police officer is borderline on issuing you a defect, it may save you. Also great for transport authority inspections.
(All this assuming it's properly engineered).

Sexc86
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
i was pullled over one night and as soon as they sore the plate for the seats and turbo setup... they completely ignored it and it wasnt an issue :D

Bayani
04-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Just a note:

Engineering Certificates are only to certify that your car MEETS ADR Guidelines; you won't get one unless your car is still legal.

Unless of course you find a dodgy guy - who you can then sue for letting you drive a defective vehicle when you die (not that it will help when you're dead). LOL!

ECU-MAN
04-07-2007, 10:55 PM
its been known to have to remove such modifications to pass inspection

kraiye
04-07-2007, 11:06 PM
so what does it take to make an aftermarket turbo kit legal?
ie: to pass engineering?

kid_dynamite
04-07-2007, 11:37 PM
so what does it take to make an aftermarket turbo kit legal?
ie: to pass engineering?

Well in QLD you'd probably consult the following link:
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Registration/Motor_vehicles/Vehicle_standards/Light_vehicle_modifications/

Turbo installs are considered to be complex modifications which would require approval from an Approved Person...