PDA

View Full Version : lowering EH9

kazam
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
hi all,

was planning on lowering my EH9 on Kings, but! i cbf having to drive heaps carefully coz its so low, my main aim is to just get rid of the gap between the tyre and the arch! its queit annoying, i have been told anwhere from a half inch drop to a one and a half inch drop is fine, but i feel like an idiot wasting at least $300 on a 1/2inch drop! Would dropping the ride height 1/2inch make difference to ride stiffness as oppose to dropping it 2inches or is it the changing of stock springs that makes the differnce?? i was thinking maybe a 2 inch drop should settle it nicely, if it makes a difference i got 17's on it, and dont ask about the offset coz i dont no coz its not written anywhere and i cant remember what they told me it was when i bought em but im guessing its probly around 7.

a summary of the above:
1-Would dropping the ride height 1/2inch make difference to ride stiffness as oppose to dropping it 2inches or is it the changing of stock springs that makes the differnce??

p.s. i dont care about performance and all that crapolah, i just want it to drive smoothly and look good

thanks!!!!!!

Bludger
04-07-2007, 10:43 PM
LOLjust dump it 5 inches with aIR BAGS

lol

kazam
04-07-2007, 10:46 PM
*sigh* thankyou bludger for another useful post.

now people seriousness please! and no spam!

Bludger
04-07-2007, 10:51 PM
i reckon.....

but not too sure

get a 1 inch drop

but get soft spring rates

don't go too low with soft spring rates, cos you'll bottom out.

thats why lower springs go stiff, so you don't bottom out

Bludger
04-07-2007, 10:58 PM
*sigh* thankyou bludger for another useful post.

now people seriousness please! and no spam!
ohh, np, anytime i can help

you know what i'm good for :)

aimre
05-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Super low kings

/thread