PDA

View Full Version : Will these Acura Angel Projectors fit my AUDM Teg?

xenonkuraz
04-07-2007, 10:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-97-ACURA-INTEGRA-CHROME-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-95-96_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ017QQitemZ 270138921644QQtcZphoto#ebayphotohosting

I'm not sure if the USDM (Acura) is any different to mine...so just want to make sure before I purchase it!

CL455
05-07-2007, 12:28 AM
yea they do .... i personally prefer the black housing ones ... but each to there own!! :)

TheSaint
05-07-2007, 12:50 AM
i asked the same question in noob forum

is there a problem with the drive light being on the wrong side?

like the US have the steering on the other side and the drive light (drivers side headlight) is different to the passenger

05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
LOL !!! i didnt have that problem the saint..

my angel eyes pointed to the left. coz i make it so ..

there is an adjsuter that u can move it.. where you wanted to focus. so will not be a problem..

but i wouldn know.. about the fittings.. wethere it fit on ur car or not.. ;)

TheSaint
05-07-2007, 01:57 AM
arnt all drive lights on all cars different? like isnt the drivers side head light stronger or more angled than the passengers usually?

i really want to do this mod but this problem is holding me back
someone did post a diagram showing the audm light angles and strength but i cant find it =(

i would also recommend getting white halos over blue because the cops seem to pick on anything remotely blue

05-07-2007, 02:20 AM
hahaha .. angels projectors ar legal.. with HID! I've check with the pits. as long they are adjustable. and have washers and the fronts like bmw .. and you have to keep your ballast some where.. that you cant see or get wet.

but.. i never put a washers :)..

the angle of the projectors are adjsut able,
going left right up down so you can focuse whenever u wanted u want to focus them..

thats what i had in mine :) so mine focused on to the left more to the right and left higher than the right.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69745

go there and have alook

NeoNode
05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Projectors do have RHD and LHD versions, so Projectors for LHD vehicles are not the same as the ones for RHD.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1154326&postcount=15

ADR says for HID to be legal you need;
Automatic Self Leveling mechanism
Headlight washers

I probably don't need to tell you that you need Projector/Reflector headlight housing made for HID use.

Anything short of those parts, it's ILLEGAL.

Use google and read up on the ADR's, It tells you everything that you need to know.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29443

05-07-2007, 06:27 PM
hiaaaahh.. if you got caught then change back .. usually they only give you warning ... so i take my risk :)

TheSaint
05-07-2007, 09:50 PM
so LHD is going to be a little dull and cause glare to oncoming traffic

does anyone know a source for getting RHD angel halos?

05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
chinaaa ^_^ or malaysia singapore.. those asian country :)

Drew
06-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Google "Hella or Narva headlight standars"

DOT = America = Illegal + Drew smashing them when I see you drive past me
E# = Good if the # corresponds with a RHD country; which you need to check against the google results

LOL !!! i didnt have that problem the saint..

my angel eyes pointed to the left. coz i make it so ..

there is an adjsuter that u can move it.. where you wanted to focus. so will not be a problem..

but i wouldn know.. about the fittings.. wethere it fit on ur car or not.. ;)

You're a ****ing idiot and should NEVER EVER EVER give advice to people about something you have not a ****ing clue about...
Those adjusters; adjust the aim of the HEADLIGHT; they do not change the fact that the beam is still pointing to the ****ing right into oncoming traffic
You probably do not notice is as it's thrown high above the road right into peoples eyes

06-07-2007, 12:32 AM
F**K and peaced out..

i had on mine no body got blind u F**K head.. go a head see mine .. from rear if its still blinds you.

do you even have an angel eyes? your self ? or your chicken out? to have them OR coz you cant have them on your car?

a piti...

Drew
06-07-2007, 12:37 AM
A pita that you have to be such a ****ing ****; you ****...

People in Australia drive with their ****ing high beams on; I've given up flashing people I just close my eyes...

To put it simply; ALL headlights that are DOT approved/rated and/or come from America are ILLEGAL for the very ****ing reason that they will blind people...

If you don't believe me take your shit box Accord to a workshop which has one of these and ask them if they blind oncoming traffic or not...

http://www.istargazer.ca/images/xenonadjust1.jpg

Why the **** do I want angel eyes when I have perfectly good HID's from factory?

06-07-2007, 12:55 AM
ROFL !!!...

thats why you never know how to adjust the beams on the projectors on the angel eyes.
they are adjustable to suit what is best for us and for other people on road.

geeehh ... such a complicated shit talking about angel eyes...

there are 2 screws on each light set.

adjusting up and down
adjusting left and right

and china make this headlight to be adjusted what ever you wanted. they are much more like universal fittings. can be fit on any country.

they might not have been dot approved or other crap .. Hey look at the end of the day.. people who have them feel much better in way that they improve the look of the car by just changing the lights.

may be ur just an unlucky guy who passed so many 4wd on the street every night and blinds ur eyes.

well its ur problem by not agreeing people cahnging lights as they blinds ur eyes ... well how many people you see on the road that have ***ED up lights? at night.. ?? and what are the chances you see and after market ANGEL EYES in the street at night?

Drew
06-07-2007, 01:05 AM
ROFL !!!...

thats why you never know how to adjust the beams on the projectors on the angel eyes.
they are adjustable to suit what is best for us and for other people on road.

geeehh ... such a complicated shit talking about angel eyes...

there are 2 screws on each light set.

adjusting up a
That's all I'm reading... not going a word further...

Sure that may adjust the aim of the headlight; still doesn't change the fact that the shape of the beam...

Here's a picture of what I mean...

http://hella2.co.nz/technical/headlamps/ff_e.jpg

You're such a ****ing moron, we have argued about this soooo many times before...

Just go ****ing die in a hole; I'm right; You're wrong... GET OVER IT!

* 1 Germany
* 2 France
* 3 Italy
* 4 Netherlands
* 5 Sweden
* 6 Belgium
* 7 Hungary
* 8 Czecheslovakia
* 9 Spain
* 10 Yugoslavia
* 11 United Kingdom
* 12 Austria
* 13 Luxembourg
* 14 Switzerland
* 16 Norway
* 17 Finland
* 18 Denmark
* 19 Romania
* 20 Poland
* 21 Portugal
* 22 Russia
* 23 Greece
* 24 Ireland
* 25 Croatia
* 26 Slovenia
* 27 Slovakia
* 28 Belarus
* 29 Estonia
* 31 Bosnia-Herzegovina
* 32 Latvia
* 34 Bulgaria
* 37 Turkey
* 40 Yugoslavia-Macedonia
* 42 Special EC
* 43 Japan
* 45 Australia
* 46 Ukraine
* 47 South Africa

E45 stamped on the lens is good as it's made for Australia which is RHD
E43 is also good as its Japan which is RHD
E22 is bad as Russia is LHD
DOT is bas as America is LHD
etc etc etc

06-07-2007, 01:08 AM
OMFG ... thats a standard headlight from factory.. do you have the china made headlight photos?

Drew
06-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Do you have a picture of your **** because I'm pretty sure that will be pointing in the wrong direction too

Surely you can see the the right beam points a lot further forward than the left one; while the left is aimed higher than the right one... which is good
LHD is the exact opposite

The actual housing is physically different on either side; projector or halogen, doesn't make any difference in the end

In the end do what the **** ever you want, but there's a damned good reason as to why I have 6 green blocks after 6 months and he has only 2 after more than a year being here

TheSaint
06-07-2007, 01:23 AM
your both talking about different things

i really want halo lights in my dc2 but drews point is what is holding me back

sure you can adjust the direction of the beam but u cant change the design of the beam

read the post from before - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STQ3nhXuuEM&mode=related&search=

now if the adjusters do actually let you flick between RHD and LHD than sign me up but i doubt that is the case, i bet they just change the angle and direction not the design, headlights are designed to brighter on one side and not the other, so you light the side your driving on and not into incoming traffic, now simply changing the angle of the beam isnt going to affect this (its just going to put them out of whack) thats why im asking for a source of RHD dc2 halos, 'NOT LHD' like the ones from US, but by all means if the ones from the US can be changed or modified to suit our roads im there

as for headlights blinding people - its not just hi-beams, we towed a caravan with a 2000 fairmont wagon at night and the weight in the caravan pulled the car up at the front, creating the illusion that our hi-beams were on because the arc of the beam was pulled up into the oncoming traffic, we got flashed a million times, and a million times we flashed back, so there can be many factors in this but its a little off topic

if someone finds an australian suited halo pls let me know asap, iv been searching for ages =/

Drew
06-07-2007, 01:28 AM
You got it in one...

Lets you adjust the aim; but the beam is still going to be the same and blind oncoming traffic; can't change it